edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    shaz is actually indian royalty

nah man this is all my own cash money i be earnin now

and im even making less than a decent amount of my friends

like my goddamn friends at google
    making like 25k more than me + getting free food and laundry and shit
    gosh

i couldve done that if i had thought about it ahead of time and learned the right things at school
    certainly smart enough
    just a bum

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    so i only got like four hours of sleep last night (a combination of you assholes wanting to play another in-house, and my douchebag cat)

i am finding that i am wayyy more productive today than i have been all week

scanning ALL the slides, analyzing ALL the images, and chewing out creationists on the internets

You might want to double check your accuracy. Reduced sleep and increased speed and unwarranted confidence seem like a combination that just screams sloppy.

been doing this, because i know that as well

Considering you missed the shot I took at you, I would consider triple checking. :P

its not a shot

i do have unwarranted confidence

That's the problem with setting up a joke two or three posts in advance, sometimes they hit a speed bump.

it actually took me a second to catch because i was simultaneously like "yes unwarranted confidence is a symptom of little sleep" AND "yeah I am kinda unwarrantably confident at all times"

And yet the speed bump one got right by you.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    anyone recommend any good interview question answers or anything?

"Yes, I have a criminal record, it's for smoking up some primo BC Bud and then laying pipe to two whole rows of altar boys. Then I performed a few abortions by hand - just reached right in there - and used the dead babies to strangle a some dogs.

Come to think of it, only the animal cruelty charge ended up on my 'permanent record.' (use air quotes for added effect) Whatever. You can check. It's all in there.

So, when do I get the job here at..."

Look around in the distance.

"...Little Tykes Daycare."

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This saddens me, as this year I was going to dip my toe in the secret santa water.

desc on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am thisclose to a panic attack

Considering messaging someone I know IRL and being like HEY IM RAD RIGHT? RIGHT??

Also considering how annyoing and needy that would be

instead maeking poast

Has your therapist covered some of the anti-anxiety techniques with you? It's not a cure for panic attacks but it can take the edge off and sometimes that's very helpful.

My therapist has been focusing on the PTSD, i haven't had too many sessions with him since I only see him once every two/three weeks.

You might want to look at some of the deep breathing techniques. I suspect the breathing itself doesn't do shit, but it gives you something to focus on and control which for me at least gives me enough sometimes to keep from going into a full blown panic attack.

As a veteran of anxiety and panic attack issues, the breathing method is usually ace.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Green chili+anything is always a good choice Arch. Even on baked potatoes.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    EW-1127-COVER-CAPTAIN-AMERICA_400.jpg

Evans looks good as Captain America in still, hopefully the movie isn't awful.

captain america as reimagined by the creative team of the final fantasy series

I don't even... where are you getting that?

so many belts

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i need tips for cooking in bulk and freezing and storing those things will

especially since you are down with low carb which is how i try to eat (though not when i eat out, only when i cook it seems)

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Secret Santa thing begins?
    I'm ready to send some presents up in this bitch. Tempted to sign up for the G&T one, but I usually lurk/post D&D more.

Rumor in [Chat] is there probably won't be a D&D secret satan this year due to last years apparently being a bit of a clusterfuck I guess.

That's bullgoosery.
    Also Lame and not at all in the Christmas spirit.

What happened last year?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AuKamL1cdhFNdDdzaUJDTkxHOFlET1NtV1kyV1FnZHc&hl=en_GB&single=true&gid=0&output=html

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    captain america
    looks good there

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

What happened last year?

For the last two years Elki made it clear he did not enjoy running it. We had a few deadbeats and what have you, it was hard to know who was one exactly as the list wasn't updated properly (people not posting to say they'd received presents and what have you).

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm ready to send some presents up in this bitch. Tempted to sign up for the G&T one, but I usually lurk/post D&D more.

Rumor in [Chat] is there probably won't be a D&D secret satan this year due to last years apparently being a bit of a clusterfuck I guess.

shame if true, i had a super special bonus gift planned.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Incenjucar: willing to linger in the channel for a few and help me test some setting experiments?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    They're supposed to be incorporating parachute type military gear straps into the costume, I think.

It's more 2000s movie adaptation than 90s Square or 90s Marvel, either way.

desc on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »
    This saddens me, as this year I was going to dip my toe in the secret santa water.

Well they might do it, its just that you have punks who sign up get stuff and never send anything. On top of that the mail system fucks people over. Its a hand grenade of issues.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    T: thom

yes?

Speed bumps aren't very tall.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    EW-1127-COVER-CAPTAIN-AMERICA_400.jpg

Evans looks good as Captain America in still, hopefully the movie isn't awful.

captain america as reimagined by the creative team of the final fantasy series

I don't even... where are you getting that?

so many belts

I think it's a jump harness and an equipment pack.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »

That's bullgoosery.
    Also Lame and not at all in the Christmas spirit.

What happened last year?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AuKamL1cdhFNdDdzaUJDTkxHOFlET1NtV1kyV1FnZHc&hl=en_GB&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Jokerman's name needs an asterix

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2010
    let's make a captain america unform out of nothing but seatbelts

and then put on some more belts

go

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Huh. Really weird FLA song. And they need to get Dave McKean back to do their covers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVETVo_nceQ

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    what would i give as a secret santa gift

in middle school i gave someone a whoopie cushion and a mcdonalds gift certificate

i was kind of making fun of him

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so many belts

If you've seen the full costume its pretty much a copy of the marvel ultimate versions 1940s cap.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Well they might do it, its just that you have punks who sign up get stuff and never send anything. On top of that the mail system fucks people over. Its a hand grenade of issues.

It's a shame because DUE got me a sweet Sonic Screwdriver.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    and that's not a particularly high amount of deadbeats. it sucks and all but so it goes.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    anyone recommend any good interview question answers or anything?

"Yes, I have a criminal record, it's for smoking up some primo BC Bud and then laying pipe to two whole rows of altar boys. Then I performed a few abortions by hand - just reached right in there - and used the dead babies to strangle a some dogs.

Come to think of it, only the animal cruelty charge ended up on my 'permanent record.' (use air quotes for added effect) Whatever. You can check. It's all in there.

So, when do I get the job here at..."

Look around in the distance.

"...Little Tykes Daycare."

I don't know whether to laugh or vomit. Awesome post.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Solution: Debate & Discourse "Christmas Cheer" Kneecap Squad

Like Santa, they go house to house at night, and know who has been both naughty and nice.

desc on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    what would i give as a secret santa gift

in middle school i gave someone a whoopie cushion and a mcdonalds gift certificate

i was kind of making fun of him

I tried to send a rubber model of my dong but it was just too heavy to ship.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

Bingo. It's his WW2 costume. Typically seen jumping out of airplanes.

Not that he needs the harness what with skipping the parachute more often than not.

Echo on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah thought that the Capt movie was a lot of the 1940's/origin story Capt.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so many belts

If you've seen the full costume its pretty much a copy of the marvel ultimate versions 1940s cap.
    ultimate-captain-america.jpg

awwww yeeah

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I might not do SS this year regardless, I am too stressed

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If Elki doesn't want to, I might offer to run the SS this year, given I've been practicing with the Crappy Website for the last couple of years. But I don't know if one of the other mods will want to take it on or not.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    All I know about the Captain America film is that it's either partially set or filmed in Manchester, as my friend keeps gushing about looking at the set on his walk to work.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »

Bingo. It's his WW2 costume. Typically seen jumping out of airplanes.

Not that he needs the harness what with skipping the parachute more often than not.

parachutes are for sissies

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, if you are able to cook for the week, that helps a lot. I usually do a single night cook or at most 2-3 nights in advance.

Temptation really kills me here. I love supermarkets - they are probably my favourite kind of retail outlet and I can wander around them for a long time without buying. But there are dozens of supermarkets within 15 minutes walk of my house, many of which I need to walk past, so I go in to some and it happens

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    edit: yeah, that other Ult Cap pic is better.

Echo on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    T: thom

yes?

Speed bumps aren't very tall.

oh

i guess i glossed over it because i am so used to them now

vOv

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    If Elki doesn't want to, I might offer to run the SS this year, given I've been practicing with the Crappy Website for the last couple of years. But I don't know if one of the other mods will want to take it on or not.

I don't think it is run by mods in many of the other forums. Send a PM. Find answers, Bob.

That said, I'm out this year. I have had to super tighten my belt.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    parachutes are for sissies

Cap surfs out of airplanes on his shield and lands on a nazi.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.