Options

50 First [chat]s

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    how much money do you spend on food and booze in a month including eating out

how the hell do i cut down

i aint even extravagant

between frankie and myself we spend kind of a lot on food

she likes to go out at least once per week and it generally runs from $50 to like $150 between us.

and i buy groceries a couple of times per month and generally drop $100 or so each time.

also i keep my home bar stocked and that isn't really cheap either.

it's easy to spend less - just buy cheap, nutritious foods like potatoes, eggs, ground beef, dried beans, greens, bacon, etc. and eat in instead of going out. buy cheap-but-decent booze and mix and drink that at home instead of going out to drink.

but the key to saving the money is not to go out to eat or drink, and that's kind of a silly thing to commit to if you're young and employed and living in NYC

Why do people think potatos are "cheap, nutritious foods"?

It's a ball of starch (amyloplasts) that people put salt and pepper and fat on top of to make it taste good.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    kingcandy.png

who is that king candy looking SO GOOD

with one obvious exception that is a ridiculously good looking office

Organichu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    EW-1127-COVER-CAPTAIN-AMERICA_400.jpg

Evans looks good as Captain America in still, hopefully the movie isn't awful.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    so i only got like four hours of sleep last night (a combination of you assholes wanting to play another in-house, and my douchebag cat)

i am finding that i am wayyy more productive today than i have been all week

scanning ALL the slides, analyzing ALL the images, and chewing out creationists on the internets

You might want to double check your accuracy. Reduced sleep and increased speed and unwarranted confidence seem like a combination that just screams sloppy.

been doing this, because i know that as well

Considering you missed the shot I took at you, I would consider triple checking. :P

its not a shot

i do have unwarranted confidence

Arch on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Radiation wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Secret Santa thing begins?
    I'm ready to send some presents up in this bitch. Tempted to sign up for the G&T one, but I usually lurk/post D&D more.

Rumor in [Chat] is there probably won't be a D&D secret satan this year due to last years apparently being a bit of a clusterfuck I guess.

If it does happen, Elki tends to start it up later than most of the other subforums.

Also, last year was hell. I don't think I ever completed my spreadsheet.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    it is a survival strategy thom

Arch on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

i aint even extravagant

she likes to go out at least once per week and it generally runs from $50 to like $150 between us.

and i buy groceries a couple of times per month and generally drop $100 or so each time.

it's easy to spend less - just buy cheap, nutritious foods like potatoes, eggs, ground beef, dried beans, greens, bacon, etc. and eat in instead of going out. buy cheap-but-decent booze and mix and drink that at home instead of going out to drink.

but the key to saving the money is not to go out to eat or drink, and that's kind of a silly thing to commit to if you're young and employed and living in NYC

I'm impressed you manage to go supermarket shopping twice a month, that is what we did back in the day when we only visited an urban settlement 2x a month! I myself blow a lot of money at the supermarket because there are just so goddam many in London that it is more convenient to do so than not. I got 3-4 times a week at least

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Damnit....just found out that during my field testing last week, where we spent a bunch of money to keep me out in field looking for one specific issue, apparently only occurred in certain places I didn't know to test.

So now my already grump of a coworker is extremely pissed at me, and I'm rather confident he's sperging out to my boss over it while they're at lunch since I just borked a huge chunk of his project up. This afternoon will not be fun.

Oh well.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

i aint even extravagant

See that up there in the red? Stop doing that as much. If you still need the occasional mid level meal, go to restaurant.com and buy a few $25 gift certificates for $2.

If you need to get a fierce drunk on, pre-game.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

i aint even extravagant

I probably averaged a little over $250 a month going out on booze this summer. I go out to a lot of local live shows at bars in the summer though, usually around 1-3 a week.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Cass, I know I am just a dude on the internet but you are seriously one of my favorite posters and you are a joy to play LoL with.

well

let's not go overboard here

cass is lots of fun to have in vent

but actually playing lol with her is just an extended session of getting ganked over and over

cass will just ignore your tower at L6 or so, swoop in, gank your ass and flit away

because she has a demon pact with Riot games

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm ready to send some presents up in this bitch. Tempted to sign up for the G&T one, but I usually lurk/post D&D more.

Rumor in [Chat] is there probably won't be a D&D secret satan this year due to last years apparently being a bit of a clusterfuck I guess.

That's bullgoosery.
    Also Lame and not at all in the Christmas spirit.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    kingcandy.png

who is that king candy looking SO GOOD

with one obvious exception that is a ridiculously good looking office

You think so? Looks pretty regular to me, in a good way

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am so fucking full of awesome Chinese. Went to lunch with the folks to a place near by that is good and tried their curry for the first time. Holy fuck, the shit was like an explosion of awesome in my mouth. And since it was curry I am super fucking full atm.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    yeah cass is kind of a dick to play against in LoL...

....which is always why i finagle my way onto her team

Arch on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Cass, I know I am just a dude on the internet but you are seriously one of my favorite posters and you are a joy to play LoL with.

well

but actually playing lol with her is just an extended session of getting ganked over and over

cass will just ignore your tower at L6 or so, swoop in, gank your ass and flit away

There was this time that I killed Organichu like seven times over

Then he was sitting at his tower at like half health

I felt bad and I didn't go in for the kill

Then Rammus came out of the bushes and it was all over

NEVER AGAIN

ALL SCRUBS ARE GOING DOWN

FOREVER

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

i aint even extravagant

my weekly budget for stuff involving that is $100, so $400 a month

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

well

NEVER AGAIN

FOREVER

feminism is bullshit

Organichu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »

i aint even extravagant

Why do people think potatos are "cheap, nutritious foods"?

It's a ball of starch (amyloplasts) that people put salt and pepper and fat on top of to make it taste good.

well

i tend to avoid starches and carbs where i can

but lots of people consider them essential to their diet

and in terms of calories/ dollars, potatoes and rice are basically your central value propositions

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am thisclose to a panic attack

Considering messaging someone I know IRL and being like HEY IM RAD RIGHT? RIGHT??

Also considering how annyoing and needy that would be

instead maeking poast

Has your therapist covered some of the anti-anxiety techniques with you? It's not a cure for panic attacks but it can take the edge off and sometimes that's very helpful.

My therapist has been focusing on the PTSD, i haven't had too many sessions with him since I only see him once every two/three weeks.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so i only got like four hours of sleep last night (a combination of you assholes wanting to play another in-house, and my douchebag cat)

scanning ALL the slides, analyzing ALL the images, and chewing out creationists on the internets

You might want to double check your accuracy. Reduced sleep and increased speed and unwarranted confidence seem like a combination that just screams sloppy.

Considering you missed the shot I took at you, I would consider triple checking. :P

its not a shot

That's the problem with setting up a joke two or three posts in advance, sometimes they hit a speed bump.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    bitches sure have equal killing parity

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

well

NEVER AGAIN

FOREVER

feminism is bullshit

your future will be a million daggers in your face while your team ragequits

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

captain america as reimagined by the creative team of the final fantasy series

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    oh also i successfully arranged a product demonstration and i discussed our grant resubmission with my boss

most productive thursday

Arch on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010

Not enough belts and puffy shoulder thingies.

Echo on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I don't even... where are you getting that?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    anyone recommend any good interview question answers or anything?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

its not a shot

That's the problem with setting up a joke two or three posts in advance, sometimes they hit a speed bump.

it actually took me a second to catch because i was simultaneously like "yes unwarranted confidence is a symptom of little sleep" AND "yeah I am kinda unwarrantably confident at all times"

Arch on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

yeah it is true

otherwise i'd just go move to somewhere shitty and boring and cheap

and i can afford to do this spend 700 a month on food and booze thing

its ok

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Needs more belts.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    shaz is actually indian royalty

Arch on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Potatoes are fine in moderation and can be filling. And not everyone uses them as a boat for butter and salt.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »

Not enough belts and puffy shoulder thingies.

Also not enough androgyny.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am thisclose to a panic attack

Considering messaging someone I know IRL and being like HEY IM RAD RIGHT? RIGHT??

Also considering how annyoing and needy that would be

instead maeking poast

Has your therapist covered some of the anti-anxiety techniques with you? It's not a cure for panic attacks but it can take the edge off and sometimes that's very helpful.

My therapist has been focusing on the PTSD, i haven't had too many sessions with him since I only see him once every two/three weeks.

You might want to look at some of the deep breathing techniques. I suspect the breathing itself doesn't do shit, but it gives you something to focus on and control which for me at least gives me enough sometimes to keep from going into a full blown panic attack.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXzn-V4jZLQ&feature=player_embedded

This is some awesome scary shit. I think what's even more spectacular is that it's fan made :o

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    anyone recommend any good interview question answers or anything?

Okay Mr. Lock Dog, I see your hobbies are drinking, smoking weed, and doing all types of ill shit.

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Potatoes are fine in moderation and can be filling. And not everyone uses them as a boat for butter and salt.

I rather enjoyed the idea Bob mentioned in [chat] the other day

Baked beans (I assume) and cheese on top of a baked potato

Sounds good

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I'm impressed you manage to go supermarket shopping twice a month, that is what we did back in the day when we only visited an urban settlement 2x a month! I myself blow a lot of money at the supermarket because there are just so goddam many in London that it is more convenient to do so than not. I got 3-4 times a week at least

well, i have to drive in my commute to work, so it's not impractical for me to load up the car on the way home. there's actually a large supermarket a block away from my house, but their produce is kind of shitty and their workers were on strike for a long time and i didn't want to get my nice clothes spat on while i crossed the lines, so i kind of fell out of the habit of popping over for foods.

also, when i cook, i cook in volume and tend to eat what i made over the rest of the week. frankie kind of hates this way of doing things, but if she wants different then she can learn to cook for herself dammit.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

That's bullgoosery.
    Also Lame and not at all in the Christmas spirit.

What happened last year?

Deebaser on
This discussion has been closed.