PAX* Forum Secret Santa 2010
EMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT!!! MAY THE STALKING BEGIN!What is?
Just what it sounds like. It's a Secret Santa between your fellow PAX brethren (and sistren). Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in your signature (maybe an amazon wishlist link) as to what sort of interests you have.Rules and Info
- International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate thusly in your signup post. But depending on how many international folks show up, you may get one anyway. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT OR WILL NOT SEND SOMETHING INTERNATIONALLY, DON'T SIGN UP. For the purposes of pairing, Canada will not count as international.
-International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
-Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
-Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country
- Recommended gift value is $15-20. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed (no food please).
- ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS RECEIVED IS JANUARY 15! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY JANUARY 15 WILL BE BANNED, PERMANENTLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not sure you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.
- Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.
- You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.
- UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW GIFTS.
- CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping. Be sure and provide a note upon checkout saying who you are, though!
- BE SURE AND SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
Get your act together NOW and try and ship your stuff by Dec 10th or so to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
- general geeky stuff. Shipping can be high so be sure and shop around. Google for discount coupons.www.play-asia.com
- junk from Japan. Nearly everyone likes the little toys they have. Google for discount coupons.www.buy.com
- one of the best places to get used games, books and DVDs.www.square-enix-shop.com
- for that Final Fantasy or RPG fan.www.bigbadtoystore.com
- the absolute best place to get action figures.http://knittedsteel.etsy.com/
- chainmail accessories by Liger www.etsy.com
- Land of hand made cool shit.Things to Note:
360 points are not cross-country compatible.
Most consoles are region restricted. The Nintendo DS is a notable exception to this, though.Stalking / General Shopping Help:
If your Santee has a unique forum handle, be sure and Google it. You never know where else s/he might post.
Keep an eye on the systems he owns if you're thinking of buying a game.
If your Santee has a PS3, don't forget it can play Blu-Ray movies.
If your Santee has a XBox Gamer ID, it's not hard to figure out what games he has / likes.
Be creative! We have lives other than video games! Is your Santee taking up an instrument? Does he want to start painting? Does he like tabletop games? Does he seem to like cars? This is your chance to get an interesting gift they hadn't thought of, yet!
Does your Santee have a favorite game, ever? Consider something related to that! Toys, old complete copies, art books, etc. are always fun.
Do you have something in your city / state / country that your Santee doesn't have access to?
Interesting candies, foods, posters / prints, and other various knick-knacks make for good box-stuffers.
If your Santee has a unique name, you never know what you'll find out by Googling him or her! They might have a twitter or Facebook account!
Also, for the Santees, make yourselves easy to stalk. Make your Facebook and Twitter profiles public, and don't forget to post wishlist links in your signature and here in this thread.
If a lot of this looks familiar to those of you who post elsewhere on these boards, it's because I stole most of this OP from Moe, who stole it from previous Secret Santa threads on other subforums. Still, I think that's everything. Start signing up, people!Secret Santa Participants List:
It's hint-dropping time people, so get on it. Post your wishlist links and tell your Santa a little bit about your interests. Also, to make this fun ALL POSTS TO YOUR SANTA MUST START WITH THE WORDS "DEAR SANTA:"
Don't forget to use the Amazon Universal Wishlist!
*This is a community event, no official affiliation exists or is implied
"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels