As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IC Star Wars: The Rebellion Begins

• Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "I've been held in this ship for days while a psycho droid drives us to the edge of space. At least tell me this, where are we?"

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "Days, DAYS, I've been cooped up in our ship for six weeks with this bantha waiting for this cargo." says the first thug.

The second thug on being refered to as a bantha shoves the first thug. "Hey, you aren't the greatest person to be stuck on a ship with either. you know what screw this I'm going back to our ship I don't need to take this, get one of them to help you with the cargo." and the second thug storms off.

After the second thug leaves, the first turns back to Gurny and Vash.

"Great now he is going to sulk for the entire trip back home."

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "You still haven't told me were I am!" Gurny was getting frustrated. "And your friend will be doing more than sulking when I'm done with you if you don't answer me. I've had a pretty shitty few months and all I want is be able to sleep at night without stupid shit happening all the time!"

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "What you don't know how to use a computer, your nav system could easily tell you where we are. What ever, we are in the Myrkr system, it's the back end of no where, it makes Tatooine look like a nice place to visit. now can I have my cargo or are we gonna keep standing here and yelling about how bad a day we are having?"

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hearing the shouting outside, Raif ignored the pain as best he could, pulled the glowrod from his utility belt and shined it on the box which was the source of his discomfort. He figured he may as well see what it was he was about to to die for.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Noticing Raif is nowhere to be seen, Vash decides to improvise yet again. Coughing loudly he stares at the thug infront of him.

" I'm the captain of this ship and your droid friend locked in the cockpit has cost us thousand of creds. I demand payment for the inconvenience, the little bastard even jammed the cockpit. That stuff costs money to fix. And the cargo we WERE hired to deliver is gonna be late. Bottom line, you either pay us good creds for this or you ain't getting poodoo."

Vash places his hand on his holstered blaster, trying to intimidate the thug.
    Deception 1d20+7: 12

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "B-b-bb-but the boss said he had paid for delivery, I don't have any creds, I don't want no trouble." the thug says as he backs away.

"The boss is gonna kill us when we get back if we don't have the cargo. I knew I should have gone into moisture farming like my mom told me to."

As Raif moves around so he can not only see but open the container the pain eases. with the glow rod out the hold is much brighter and it became easy to see why he had landed on it, as it had been haphazardly stowed in the hold. opening the box wasn't hard, it wasn't locked, nor was it other than it appeared a basic metal footlocker. However, once Raif lifted the lid he knew this was anything but regular cargo. inside the case was lined and had small slots set in rows. In those slots sat vials of a odd glowing green liquid. On either side of the box were tabs that looked like you could pull out the insert, but there wasn't enough space with the hatch closed to pull it out.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Hmmmmm, Raif thought as he stared at the glowing green vials of liquid. He wondered what these vials could be and what the thugs in his ship could want with them. He gently closed the lid and latched it back up, trying to remember if he'd heard of anything like this in his time either in CorSec, or, before that, the SpyNet.
    Knowledge Technology roll - 1d20+8=13
    General Knowledge roll - 1d20+3=16

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Raif had never heard of nor seen anything like this before.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    The best he could guess was that it was some kind of chemical weapon. Its utilization and effects Raif could only guess, but he knew that chemical weapons were illegal even before the emperor's New Order. He wished that he had thought to look in here on the 3 day trip to...wherever they were. If he had, he could have lifted the tray out of the locker and seen what was underneath. His best guess was that it contained whatever device one would use with the vials.
    Maybe.. he thought to himself as he poked around in his belt's pouches. He pulled out his last remaining surveillance tagger from his time in CorSec and stared at it, considering whether it would be worth tracking the box to its destination or not. It would be easy enough, the ship's sensor packages could pick up on the object's signal, if one knew the frequency to look for on the band...and his many years in CorSec had drilled it into his head.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Vash looked at the scared thug, and while walking to the docking ramp continued to talk to the thug.

" Listen i've lost money here, seeing you can't provide the creds i require i suggest we go to your roommate that just left and ask him. Or directly to your boss and we split the creds. We might even be friends in the end. I mean we don't want there to be a shootout now do we?"

Vash stares into the thugs eyes then put his hand around the thugs shoulder and laughs it off while walking to their ship.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Jimmy doesn't have that kind of cred either, and the boss, well the boss ain't the kinda guy you go to and ask for money. I mean don't get me wrong,he's not bad for a slug, but he'd kill us as soon as give you money. Frag the only thing I got is my ship. but if I give you that the boss would...

well I guess the boss could do anything unless I didn't bring the cargo back to him."

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    " What about the droid in the cockpit. That thing has to cost some good money. Does your boss own it? Can you deactivate it. If you can I think we can figure something out."

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "He contacted us about the cargo about 2 weeks ago, and said it would be late but he would get it to us here, he's not ours. Not sure who he belongs to, but when I told the boss about it he said we would wait for him, no matter how long it took."

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    "Then have your boss come out here and get rid of this droid. And pay us the creds that this detour has cost us." Gurny said.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Crossing over into the thugs ship, the decor doesn't change much. Most Corellian ships have similar interiors, it makes it easier to manufacture and build. However, this ship is obviously older than Credit's Edge, and seen much more of the universe. The air is stale, and smells of a ship that has been in space a long time.
    as they pass a window Vash can see the droid Vash had done repairs on slowly floating away from the cockpit of the Credit's Edge, along with what was most likely a majority cockpit window. He also noticed the CEC markings on the hatchway indicating this was a Barloz class freighter, and had been heavily converted.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Looking carefully over the thugs ship Vash offered a final deal.
    " Listen i need payment. You have this ship, looking over it I am sure we can strip down a part or two for payment while in space and we can both be on our way. Tell me what you can be okay giving up on this lovely ship you have here."

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    His curiosity getting the better of him, Raif carefully, quietly lifted the top of the smuggler's hatch just a few millimeters, enough to see what was going on in the corridor.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Raif can't see any one nor can he hear anyone aboard the ship.

The Thug turns and looks at Vash "You're nuts man, you want to take apart my ship in space." Backing away from Vash quickly, while grabbing for his blaster.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    "I think you misunderstood him." Gurny said, "I think he's talking about going to a planet and you sell us this ship and will strip it for parts, make our creds, and be on our way."

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "You guys are all nuts. You guys don't care about us, man I'm getting outta here."

with that he takes off running back past you towards Credit's Edge.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Seeing as no one was around, Raif lifted the panel and slid it off of the compartment. Standing, he opened the container, and, grasping the handles inside, pulled the tray out of the footlocker, set it aside, and peered inside.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Raif Peers into the lower section of footlocker and his heart stops for a moment. sitting in three depressions in the casing are three perfectly round Krayt Dragon Pearls each pearl the size of Raif's head.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Staring blankly at the pearls in the case, Raif's mind was set racing. Emperor's Black Bones! he thought. Before him in the case, the 3 pearls were worth more credits than he was likely to see in his lifetime. A part of his brain worked furiously devising a plan to get away with them. After all, no one aside from his crew knew he was here...
    The other part of his brain was screaming at him to put the vials and case back where he found them and assist in the unloading, to get this 'job' over as soon as possible, effect repairs on Credit's Edge, and get the kark to Belassa. This solution, the one most at odds with his Bothan instinct to connive and plan the plan and make a profit doing it, was the one that finally clicked. Raif preferred to use his Bothan heritage to his advantage, but refused to allow it to control his life, especially when he would surely come to a ruinous end in the doing.
    Hearing someone sprinting outside towards the boarding ramp, he hastily slid the vials back over those glorious pearls, shut the container, and hauled it out of the compartment. He nudged the cover back over the compartment with his foot.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Vash draws his blaster shooting at a wall near the thug, the blaster bolt hissing past the thug and hitting the wall right next to him.
    " Stop. Running. This is not going to work itself out with panic. Stop so we can talk about this."
    Hearing the secret compartment door sliding shut Vash yells at Raif.
    " We're in here!"
    Vash holsters his blaster to show he does not want to hurt the thug.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The thug having maybe had to much time in space was in complete panic mode, he ignored Vash didn't even stop to look into the cargo bay and headed straight for the escape pod he had seen earlier. he figured if he got really really luck he would drift into the nearby asteroid belt and be crushed thus not having to deal with crazies or hutts anymore.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    As the thug ran past the cargo hold, Raif couldn't help but ask no one in particular aloud, "What the-"

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "STOP HIM RAIF!"

Vash now sprinted after him with blaster in hand. Next shot was going thru his head.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Raif To far away to catch him and Vash's sight line blocked by the curve of the hall way, the thug made it to the escape pod. He hit the emergency launch controls just as Vash rounded the corner.

"HAHAHAHAHA, now only space can kill me not some lunatic spacer." he laughed as the blast door slammed shut, and the pod rocketed away from the ship.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    "What just happen..." Gurny said in disbelieve. This wasn't something she dealt with everyday. Then Gurny slapped Vash in the back of his head. "And if you wanted to talk, why did you shoot at him? There is not one piece of history in which shooting at someone has caused them to talk 'peacefully' with anyone. Are you really that stupid!?!"

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Raif blinked incredulously. Did that just happen?

It did just happen.
    And escape pods were really expensive to replace. And he had...3 priceless Krayt dragon pearls sitting next to him in a crate.

"Vash, could you come here a moment and explain what is going on?"

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eyes glazed over, stunned at what just happened Vash just stood there.
    He didn't even realize his blaster was still in his hand pointing at a wall.
    Are these people mad? What is going on. He holstered his blaster and tried to crawl out of these strange things that were going on, one after another. He covered his face with his palm, as if trying to wake up.
    *slap*
    He was here after that slap that was for sure. Eyes clear and mind sharp Vash turned to Gurny and opened his mouth to speak..
    Vash, could you come here a moment and explain what is going on
    Good thing Raif interrupted Vash thought and he explained the whole situation to Raif.

" I think they have space madness to be honest. We should shoot the other guy. He seems friendly enough. But he might kill us while we sleep. Or worse."

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "So we are going to kill a thug that works for a Hutt? Did that slap not knock any sense into your head or am I riding with murdering bandits here? Kill these men and you will get a Death Mark and the Hutts will hunting you forever." Gurny said. She didn't want to have a Hutt hunting her along with the Empire.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Frankly, I don't see much other choice. Also," Raif paused to kick open the footlocker at his feet, "we're rich and no one knows we're involved. Except for that droid."
    He pulled the top tray of vials out of the footlocker and grinned at his companions, gesturing at the huge pearls within.
    "If you've got a better solution, I'd love to hear it."

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Vash seeing their newly found fortune said.
    " Yeah seems like that's what we have to do. Flip you to see who is going to "take care " of our little problem? Also we could get his ship and trade it in for some upgrades on our ship. And that hutt wont get much information from the guy who is floating through space. He does not know much about us, but the guy in the other ship does. "

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Well, that and I'm pretty sure the guy who left with our escape pod is crazy. I call Tails," Raif said as he waited for Vash's coin toss.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Wait, let me see if I can talk to him. If he's in his room, I don't believe he's going to open his door to two thugs like you guys." Gurny said. "Let me see if I can talk to him. Change his mind a bit."

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Who are you calling a thug, sister? I'll have you know I was a decorated CorSec officer before my only career options became 'intrument of genocide' or 'slave'," Raif huffed before continuing, "Like I said, if you have a better idea, go for it. I've not seen you do anything but break our ship since you've come aboard."
    A thought occurred to him as he finished his statement, and he added, "And don't think we're not going to add that to your bill, by the way!"

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Put it on my tab, but killing someone just because you are a Di'kut and can't think pass 'bang bang shiny guns' isn't the answer. It's murder and it's wrong. I'll go talk to him." Gurny said as she left the pilots alone. "I'm leaving them as soon as I can." She thought and knocked on the Thug's door. "Hey, can I talk to you?"

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Vash shrugs, grinning as the chip flies through the air.

" Yeah.. I'm a thug, but a charming one."
    The chip lands heads.
    " I guess its all you buddy."

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg