As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IC Star Wars: The Rebellion Begins

• Options
    rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "What do you want?" jimmy says as he opens his door. "Has Greg brought that cargo over so we can go home? Who the heck are you?"

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "I could try and lie to you and make you believe I'm here to be your friend or sleep with you but that's for stupid girls. Your friend has jumped ship. He took an escape pod out of here since my crewmate thought that shooting at him would make him want to peacefully talk. Now they are flipping coins to see who gets to kill you. And I rather we don't have to kill you. So here's the deal. You will take one of the pearls that they would have split with me and you don't say a word. I'll make them drop you off at any planet you want to be at and you get a new name, a new face, the whole deal. In turn, we say to died and the Hutts will not be any wiser. Deal? Otherwise, they are going to kill you and that would be unfortunate for you. Your choice." Gurny said, sounding a lot braver than she was.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "You want me to cross a Hutt, let you dump me on a planet without any transportation, and I'm supposed to disappear. How am I supposed to trust you. you say Greg left, how do I know you didn't kill him and throw him off the ship yourselves. And what Pearls are you talking about. We are supposed to be picking up a box. That's it get the box fly it back to base and give it to the boss, that's the job."

Jimmy pulls his blaster and steps back to his bunk.

"This wasn't supposed to happen, Greg said this was a blue milk job. We fly here, get the stuff, go back our debt is paid and we can get out. Now you say he ran off, jumped in an escape pod in the middle of no where and left. Now what am I supposed to do. Lady I don't know you I don't know your friends, so here is how it's gonna go." He raised his pistol level with her head. "You guys bring the box, with everything in it, you leave it in the hanger, you go back to your ship, and we part ways. I don't tell the boss nothing, and you don't come after me. Got it.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Gurny didn't like blasters thrown in her face. She also didn't like people being stupid. It was a pet peeve. Gurny fires her lightsaber up, cutting off the man's hand off then spins around and slashes his body in half.

"Sorry, but you made your choice. I wish would could have came to a better deal." she says as he turns off her lightsaber.

Returning to her crewmates, Gurny only says, "He's dealt with. Get what you need and let's get out of here. The faster, the better."

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raif wasn't sure what he heard through the ships' otherwise silent hallways, but he was certain he had heard a man not being peacefully negotiated with. In fact, if he had to guess, he'd just heard a man being killed by a weapon carried only by a particular type of outlaw. He was ok with it if she was, he'd worked with many Jedi investigators in his time; they had never seemed the type to want to overthrow the galaxy. This one appeared to only be a fraction as level-headed as the Jedi he'd known.
    Much like any other secret in his life that he caught wind of, he couldn't let this go.
    He grinned at Gurny as she walked back toward the hold and asked, "How'd negotiations go, Princess?"

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    " I guess the "princess" did what had to be done. Let's navigate ourselves out of this place.. Wait are we keeping the other ship or we letting it float in space?"

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Call me Princess again and I'll negotiate the same deal as I did with him."

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Sorry, your worship."
    Turning to Vash, he continued, "We could probably rig the hyperdrive on Credit's Edge to take us to Bellassa, but it won't make planetfall. We could use both ships in tandem to get to Bellassa, and use the other ship to get supplies to repair Credit's Edge. Don't forget that broken or not, we still owe money on it, and I'd rather not have two Hutts after me. That said, let's give their ship a look and see if they've got anything we can use."
    Raif made his way to the interior of the other ship and began searching about for anything useful, including onboard equipment, multitool in hand.
    1d20+5=19 Perception! Though rules as written I guess if we took our time we'd eventually find everything. If that's the case I'm going over the ship with a fine tooth comb.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Begining his search in the cockpit, Vash notices right away a problem there are two emergency becaons active very close by. one is local, and most likely from the escape pod the thug took from their ship. The other is a hyper-transceiver broadcast coming from a source moving away from them at about 10 kilometers an hour, it had been broadcasting for atleast fifteen minutes and more than likely every pirate, salvager, and ruffian in the sector had gotten it, and their location.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Blast! Raif cursed his luck.
    "Vash, Gurney, all kidding aside, we need to get out of here, now," he said over the ship's comm system, "Looks like Jimmy and co. launched a distress signal a little while ago and activated one on the escape pod. We're going to have every pirate, smuggler, and fortune hunter in the sector on our tails in about five minutes. Vash, think you can handle using the Credit's Edge navicomputer to get it to Bellassa while Gurney and I disconnect the docking clamp and follow?"

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Vash looked alarmed but knew what he had to do.

" Yeah, got it, no problem in doing that. You guys go do it i will handle our little treasure here." He patted the wall lovingly of the ship, as he went to the hyperdrive to try and program the navicomputer to fly to Bellassa. He was sure he could. He sure could... He probably could...

Pilot - 1d20+9: 10 Oh man.. Natural one. Like a boss.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    As knew as soon as he activated the hyperdrive something was wrong. The computer locked him out, the ship was shaking like a bantha after being stuck, and the power conduit running between the sublight dive and the hyperdrive all but exploded.

Over all Vash and the Credit's edge were in hyperspace less than thirty seconds, but when shunted thru the Otherspace he could be anywhere.

Just as Vash was picking himself up off the deckplates the collision alarm began blaring.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Vash picked himself up, his brain still fuzzy from what just happened. I knew she was bad luck he thought to himself as he frantically tried to enter the console again, entering the command to see where in known or unknown space he was now. First thing he did before actually seeing where he was was turning the shields to maximum. Always a good idea.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The shields raise and hold. It seems the power issues with the engines are not interfereing with the shields.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Trying to determine what the hell is wrong with the engine Vash keep searching adeptly through the console, the alarm still booming through the ship.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Raif watched as the Credit's Edge winked into hyperspace, and continued tapping at the Navicomputer controls, plotting a course to Bellassa as fast as he could. He would have to remind Vash next time just to share his coordinates before jumping. Raif was used to having a droid plot his jumps, a fact he was beginning to lament.
    Satisfied he'd done the best he could, he throttled up the hyperspace controls, and as the ship lurched into hyperspace, a nagging feeling in the back of his mind told him to check the ship's holds and engines. He'd panicked when he saw the distress beacons on the ship's sensor readouts and hadn't completed his search of the ship; anyway, Raif decided it was now his custom to check for any stowaways that may be on board. Probably should have thought to do this before the jump, but better late than never, he thought, drawing his seldom-used holdout blaster.
    Navicomputer-aided Use Computer to plot jump: 1d20+8=24

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    "Raif?" Gurny asked as she saw him draw his blaster "Did you hear something? I'll go look around while you pilot this thing. We don't need another droid getting the controls."

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Raif makes the jump to Bellasa then resumes his search in the cockpit while Gurny searches the rest of the ship. Raif Finds a log book sitting in a slot near the controls. It mostly contains a list of fuel usage and food stores, which if he was reading it right means that when they get to Bellasa they really need to restock and refuel. It also had what appeared to be the ships name written on the front, The Lost Child.

Gurny searching the rest of the ship finds little to concern them. She finds Greg and Jimmy's stuff stowed in their cabins, a various collection of clothes, and other personal affects. The four smaller guest cabins were tidy but looked unused. the common room and the Galley were strewn with litter and junk, mostly the evidence of two people who were forced to live in close proximity for an extended period of time. The refresher was surprisingly clean, the storage area that seperated the crew quarters from the cargo area was almost empty, the last of the supplies for the galley were stuck in one corner. The cargo area which she had not previously seen was also decidedly empty. The engine section of the ship was littered with tools, wires strung from various points, showing the modifications that had obviously been done to the hyperdrive. The turret wells had exactly what they should gunnery controls both above and bellow.

It took only sixteen hours to reach Bellasa, again evidence of the modification that had been done to the hyperdrive. Even at it's fastest the Credit's Edge wouldn't arrive for at least another sixteen hours hours.

As they dropped out of hyperspace the Bellasa system METOSP started being broadcast thru the ships comms

"Welcome to the Bellasa system, loyal member of the Galactic Empire. Please be advised of that all shipments to and from Bellasa are subject to imperial customs inspection. The space port of Ussa is open to traffic, however, due to customs violations the space port at Arno is not. Please contact imperial landing control for instructions."

The computer showed the hyperdrive had taken massive damage during the last jump, and would probably only be able to make one more before complete failure. the sub-light engines also took damage and were only operating at about fifty percent. It looked like most of the rest of the ships systems were fully functional.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Raif whistled and said, "Lost Child's got it where it counts, that's for sure," as the blue tunnel of hyperspace faded into starlines, and finally, stars.
    "Thanks for looking around for me, kid. I've just got the jitters, is all. Nothing but trouble since we brought you on board," he was going to let that hang, but quickly decided to correct himself, shaking his hands, "Not that I blame you! Just a demarcation of time! Anyway, Vash has the pearls and won't be here for another dozen hours or so. I'd say we go get supplies, but without the pearls...I'm completely broke."
    Then he remembered, this was also Gurney's final destination.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Vash crossed his digits as he re-entered the coordinates for Bellassa begging that his ship would not throw him into a meteor field without any engines. He closed his eyes as he entered the final code...

Pilot - 1d20+9: 11

This is bad. Really bad.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The Hyperdrive accepts the coordinates but the ship does not make the jump to hyperspace. The Collision alarm and proximity warning are still blaring and the computer indicates that he is to close to a gravity well to make the jump.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Gulping loudly, Vash enters a command to see what the external camera sees. Or at least the sensors.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The sensor shows a giant field of dreadnoughts massed around the Credit's Edge from this point the sensors couldn't make out the number but there were enouh in close proximity to each other to create a gravity well. From the stars the sensors could make out the ship was in deep space in the inner rim. the calculated route would take eighteen hours at light speed to make the jump to Bellasa, but first Vash would need to get out of the formation of ships. The computer also reported none of the ships near by had active sheilds or weapon systems.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Blinking once, hoping his eyes were playing a trick on him Vash now saw the harsh truth. Yes he was in the middle of a fleet. Plotting a trajectory he could use without alerting any of the massive hulks around him, he entered the coordinates and was praying he would leave the gravity well soon, before he gets detected.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Slowly The Credit's Edge moves to the edge of the fleet, skirting several dreadnoughts at rather close range. Just as he clears the last one the ship jumps into hyperspace. The ship has a slight vibration, but the computer estimates he will reach his destination alive and in about 64 hours.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Taking a deep sigh of relief Vash began working on some in flight repairs on the sub light engines he could make.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Vash puts away his blasters and starts working on repairs.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Raif dropped his cigarra on the cockpit's deck plating and snubbed it out with his boot. Not my ship, he thought.
    He and Gurny had passed the time waiting for Vash's imminent arrival by gathering up anything that would be of use to them. About a thousand credits, some dirty clothes, flight suits, and some beat up blasters. There were also some 'erotic' holos that were not to his taste. Not much, but it could help. He wasn't as worried about supplies as he was about Vash. By Raif's admittedly imprecise calculations, he should have been in-system several hours ago, and it was starting to worry him.
    He handed the blaster to Gurny and said, "Take this. That old saber of yours is going to get you in trouble on of these days, Jedi."

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    "Sorry, but I'm not a Jedi. I bought this off some arms dealers. They are pretty easy find if you know what dark corners to look at." Gurny says as she takes the blaster.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Raif looked at Gurny like she had told him that a bantha could talk.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    "Uh, right, sure. A Miraluka 'archivist' who carries a weapon that is not only illegal but will get a bounty posted on her head across the known galaxy for simple possession, and you're not a Jedi. Well, that last part I'll believe, the Order died with the Republic. But you might want to do a better job of keeping that damnable thing hidden," he said this last part pointing meaningfully at Gurny's belt where most Jedi carried their weapons, "or we're both going to end up with our heads mounted in Vader's private chambers."
    Perception just in case: 1d20+5=23

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    "I'll have Vader's head for my helmet before I hide this weapon!" Gurny's face filled with rage. "I saw many good friends die by that monster's hand. And I'll be damned if I dishonor them by not using it to cut down as many enemies of the Order as possible. The Order isn't dead. It's just trimmed. As long as people like me still stand, the Order will never die!" Gurny threw the blaster away. "I rather not use such Shunfa."

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Not quite the reveal I was expecting, Raif thought, but I guess that'll do. He hadn't put much thought into how the remain Jedi, few though they were, were handling having their very way of life yanked out from underneath them and being branded traitors to the Repub- Empire. Gurny apparently wasn't handling it with the grace he'd expected out of a Jedi, but then, she was still young, couldn't have been much more than a padawhatsit, whatever apprentices were called.
    He did his best to soothe her, holding both of his hands in front of him in a placating gesture, "Woah there, kid, I'm just saying keep that thing under wraps. I don't know where on Belassa you were headed, or if that was even your final destination, but you're not going to make it far before the Inquisitorius or Vader himself catches up to you, leaving a trail of reports of a blind girl cutting down everyone in her path with a lightsaber. Now, I was friends with some Jedi back on Corellia, before the New Order; they seemed like alright folks, not the kind to overthrow the Republic like we're told. Your secret's safe with me...just, well, calm down!"

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    For Vash it was a very quiet two and a half days, mostly. The hyperdrive was making very odd sounds and at times it would throw showers of sparks all through out the hallways. Arriving in Bellasa the comm systems activated, just as the hyperdrive erupted into a massive shower of sparks before completely going offline.

"Welcome to the Bellasa system, loyal member of the Galactic Empire. Please be advised of that all shipments to and from Bellasa are subject to imperial customs inspection. The space port of Ussa is open to traffic, however, due to customs violations the space port at Arno is not. Please contact imperial landing control for instructions."

Just as the METOSP ended both the comm system on the Lost Child, and the Credit's Edge come to life

"ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ALL SPACERS This is a system wide broadcast. Due to a local disturbance the space port at Ussa is temporarily Closed, all ships in need of immediate docking or unloading please contact Imperial Control for direction."

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Vash seeing his ship won't be going anywhere went to the sensors scanning for the ship signature of his allies ship. He hoped they weren't dead. That woman was bad luck, she was.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Vash entering the comm code into the computer, allows the sensors to lock on to the the Lost Child quickly, it is located about 2,100 kilometers away sitting in space.

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Activating his sub light engines, he picked up the comm unit as it sparked to life.
    " Raif, Gurny you guys alive? I had a small problem with the ship.We need some minor repairs."

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Raif, hearing his friend's voice on the comm, turned from Gurny and made for the cockpit. He flipped the comm switch and said "Vash, good to hear your voice old buddy! I'll prep the Lost Child for docking, we'll see what if we can't get the Edge back on her feet again."

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    He pressed his index finger on the comm again happy really happy on the inside, everything was going to be Ok now. They had a new ship they could sell on the black market or keep to start their own fleet and they had the treasures they found in the hidden compartment. The girl might not be bad luck after all, she might change everything around for Vash.

" Good to hear you Raif. The story i have to tell you... Talk to you shipside." And the static died....

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    After about a hour and a half the two ships are once again locked together. As the docking clamp pressurizes the comm system on the Credit's Edge comes to life.

"This is Simon calling for either Vash or Raif, I kinda have something I need to talk to you about."

rucdoc on
    Original Creepy Janitor