Options

League of Legends: RIP Sunfire Garen, 12-14-2010. You will be missed.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ok. that makes more sense. since with malph being played as semi-carry, he wouldn't be building supporty.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's what I get for attempting to go off memory for an item name.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i only asked because delph said the same thing.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So how is everyone building Udyr? My build hasn't changed much, just not sure what to build in the place of the locket.

Cloth x5 Potion
    Boots + x2 potions + Ward
    Wriggles
    Tier 2 boots
    Last Whisper
    Phantom Dancer (maybe even 2)
    Bloodthirster/Black Cleaver

I've always built him as DPS and I've done really well but I also always got the Locket. Maybe I could get Spirit Visage in its place instead of Last Whisper

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also with Malphite, I should elaborate that I concentrate on Q early game, getting at least one in E and W until after level 6, then it's all dependent on what I feel like I'm doing the most in team fights. A lot of melee enemy champs? Level E since they will probably group up more often than not. A lot of ranged, mobile characters? Stick with Q. Pushing a lane? W and E will help.

E: As a hilarity factor, I want to try almost full HP runes, Leviathan, Warmog's, Randuin's Omen, Atma's. I'd imagine that getting through his initial passive would be f'ing hard.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My solo ranked game has Surfer Singed and Tango Fate. We can't possibly lose!

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You've cornered the market on suave!

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010

E: As a hilarity factor, I want to try almost full HP runes, Leviathan, Warmog's, Randuin's Omen, Atma's. I'd imagine that getting through his initial passive would be f'ing hard.
    the same thing with Shen's passive might also be funny

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay... so why are the recently buffed this patch Energy Runes all MIA from the store to purchase?

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So Cassiopeia is really fun. Really, really fun. Like tear Morde up in a solo lane fun. She might need a little tweaking.

Also we had a pub Garen who thought he could spin to win with no damage items :/

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

the same thing with Shen's passive might also be funny

only if you get armor/mr

Feldorn on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    So Cassiopeia is really fun. Really, really fun. Like tear Morde up in a solo lane fun. She might need a little tweaking.

Also we had a pub Garen who thought he could spin to win with no damage items :/

Yeah she is a blast to play her harass is amazing. How are you building her?

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I started with a Doran's Ring then built Rylai's, Mejai's, and was half way to zhonyas when they surrendered.

Her ult definitely seems like a "OH SHIT!" panic move when you're being chased or when your jungler is ganking. The range is very, very short.

Asiina on
  • Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hey how are you guys building cass??
    I've been getting (long term), archangel's staff, hextech revolver (will of the ancients, time permitting), and zhonya's ring, with whatever defense is needed

I'm on the fence about getting cass but some folks are saying they're doing alright with various combinations of tear/archangel, rod of ages, sheen/lichbane, and rylai's.

Squirrel Rancher on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I started with a Doran's Ring then built Rylai's, Mejai's, and was half way to zhonyas when they surrendered.

Her ult definitely seems like a "OH SHIT!" panic move when you're being chased or when your jungler is ganking. The range is very, very short.

I flashed behind a teamfight and stunned a few people as they attempted to retreat out of SoaL's GP ult, it was beautiful.

I reaaallly like tear of the goddess/archangel, it makes spamming to keep deadly cadence up beautiful

unintentional on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I flashed behind a teamfight and stunned a few people as they attempted to retreat out of SoaL's GP ult, it was beautiful.

I reaaallly like tear of the goddess/archangel, it makes spamming to keep deadly cadence up beautiful

that game was so long

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SoaL wrote: »

that game was so long

I love it when early-game-teams get mad at late-game-teams for making a comeback when early game ends

unintentional on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Energy runes on Shen.

Y/N?

(also max or regen?)

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the new font is so ugly, it makes it look like my 1920x1200 monitor is playing in 640x480

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Since Akali and Kennen don't really have energy problems I say go with them only if Shen is your absolute favorite hero to play by leaps and bounds since you'd be getting runes that are only truly great for a single hero.

Slicer on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i feel like i'm on my parent's computer

i might as well have 24 mozilla firefox windows open

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    He's not my favourite but I do end up playing him a lot, and I feel like the benefit for him could be pretty hugely significant.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    if you're a baller with 10k ip, go for it. if you're blowing your stash for them, probably not.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SoaL wrote: »

that game was so long

I love it when early-game-teams get mad at late-game-teams for making a comeback when early game ends

Had that happen last night. My team started out strong, but messy, lots of kills on both sides, which is usually indicative of shoddy players. We'd have had it by mid game, but their Swain kept em in the game, and then my team started dying in really dumb ways. Our Vlad was suicidally trying to pad his kill stats and dying, our heimer kept over extending and getting chased down, and our Ashe was a non factor most of the game. I hadn't seen a Heimer player that bad in awhile.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    someone said this patch was indirect buff to veigar... how?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    someone said this patch was indirect buff to veigar... how?

Flash no longer pops projectiles.

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    twisted fate am hard :B

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    yeah its probably better for you to save your ip til you find someone you love when they are free

unless you are like me, i farmed IP for champions i wanted to the top

and look where i am today

50/66 champions

(20 of those were in the bundle heh)

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    yeah its probably better for you to save your ip til you find someone you love when they are free

50/66 champions

and can't play a single one 8-)

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    j... jam.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »

As a sidenote, are their any pictures yet of Reindeer Kog'Maw? I'm curious if the skin will work well.

Yeah there are some on the LoL main site where they announce them. You can also see him in the middle of the Cassiopia (spelled it that way because that's how Phreak says it, like it rhymes with Ethiopia) spotlight. The best thing to do of course is just mess with your game files to see it in action for yourself.

This on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    I love jam

let's have a jam thread

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm about to buy Candy Cane Miss Fortune.

Hnnnng.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    val you're the worst

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TeknoXITeknoXI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    facetious wrote: »
    Energy runes on Shen.

Y/N?

(also max or regen?)

Yes. Both. The benefits are marginal, but at higher levels of gameplay, marginal advantages are what builds up towards victory. This is one of those benefits in which you can get in no other way other than the blue buff from Golem. Even then, that benefit can be added to this. What energy runes give to Shen is the ability to harass and continue combat at near the same time. Without them, Shen would have to choose between the 2 choices.

There is a great article about gaming by Sean Plott called The Marginal Advantage. It pretty much sums up how to win high level competitive gameplay. Don't overextend and lose your advantage is rule to be followed.

TeknoXI on
    League of Legends: TeknoXI
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The League of Legends Patch Day Experience

I just got out of a game where each and every single member of my team disconnected at one point in the game.

Not too angry at this because we won that game for some reason, but yeah, if a lesson is to learn it's that you don't ranked on patch day.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just played against a Katarina that could not be the bigger definition of CARRY. Some level 30 dude with 619 wins to his name. She ended up like 28/4/11.

After 40 minutes she had 600 ability power.

Christ.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So ive been loosing with my mage guys and was miserable so I decided to go the opposite way and buy a melee champion. Only one I could afford that I liked was mundo , holy lord in heaven he is so freaking fun. harass with the cleaver all game every game. Now I need to learn what to build on him but he was so much fun. I know he isnt supposed to be great 5 vs5 but I don't care. MUNDO PLAYS AS HE PLEASES.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »

50/66 champions

and can't play a single one 8-)

What on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    jam totes son this is a lotta hate

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png