As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam | CHRISTMAS SALE! - Wait for Daily Deals on Games You Want

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lord Yod wrote: »
    Woo sale!

Picked up Super Meat Boy, PoP Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and Two Thrones, Hinterland, Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, and Republic Commando.

Very on the fence about the F.E.A.R. pack. What's the consensus? Is it good?

I enjoyed F.E.A.R. back in the day. Because of the narrow, closed spaces the AI scripting is pretty darn good. Scary sequences are hit and miss, but overall I liked the shooting mechanics enough to overlook them. For that price, if you're looking for a solid shooter, can't go wrong.

Not sure about F.E.A.R.2, never played it

edit: jesus I tried to answer a bunch of questions at once but they're now two pages old. Slow down, everybody! :P

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Pheace wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    As I just told him directly, I'm pretty sure Big Isy isn't human, but some kind of gifting machine.

Did he have a bushy white beard and a big belly? xD

I have a black beard and my belly is getting there.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, this thread is too massive to fish through but Im sitting on this mighty pointy fence.. so here it is.

Is divinity II worth getting at that 26$ price tag? I know someone here has it. Push me one way or the other! My ability to make decisions in the face of this giant sale has been crippled more than I thought possible.

I bought this full price and don't regret it.

That said, wait til January just in case it comes up in a pack or a daily deal.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, this thread is too massive to fish through but Im sitting on this mighty pointy fence.. so here it is.

Is divinity II worth getting at that 26$ price tag? I know someone here has it. Push me one way or the other! My ability to make decisions in the face of this giant sale has been crippled more than I thought possible.

Your logic is compelling, good sir. I suppose that is a good enough stance to take.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh Mass Effect 2 is already on sale in a bundle! (25% off)

Hmm might still wait for that daily deal, though :P

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    galenblade wrote: »
    Is there a daily sale list? Just browsing all the sales right now.

And Winterbottom for $0.50. There's no fucking reason to not buy this.

There is one reason - I'm on a very strict "No more buying yourself games before Christmas and I mean it" restriction from the wife. :oops:

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I certainly enjoyed the game, particularly when I had no net connection for traditional Steam fun times. That said, it was a bit on the easy side, aside from some puzzles that would make traditional adventure games proud of how obscure the solution can be.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Claim them as christmas gifts.
    don't play them until christmas.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Son of a Bitch. Christmas sale, and im flat broke.

Talkc on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    galenblade wrote: »
    Is there a daily sale list? Just browsing all the sales right now.

And Winterbottom for $0.50. There's no fucking reason to not buy this.

There is one reason - I'm on a very strict "No more buying yourself games before Christmas and I mean it" restriction from the wife. :oops:

Play her some of the Winterbottom soundtrack and tell her the game is about pies. And $0.50.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Also is the Prince of Persia '08 port any good? Does it have that prologue? I suppose I can just look up a playthrough of the prologue on youtube or something if it doesn't

it's absolutely gorgeous and worth 5 bucks if you don't already hate ubisoft

i find myself conflicted because the game content is great but the company behind it is unbelievably horrible

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Claim it was a really cheap coffee. Or add in a couple more games, just so she doesn't get suspicious.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, i'm off. Gonna log in on my mobile so if anyone gifts me anything or messages me, apologies in advance for not replying directly.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    PheacePheace Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Pheace wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    As I just told him directly, I'm pretty sure Big Isy isn't human, but some kind of gifting machine.

Did he have a bushy white beard and a big belly? xD

I have a black beard and my belly is getting there.

Just a matter of time then on both accounts xD

Pheace on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    carmofin wrote: »
    awwww, no more superbundles with ~10 copies of one game... i wanted to gift out some stuff!

I'll still be throwing out a few gifts so long as they're cheap... there are a few people on my friends list that want SMB. Still, I was hoping for some big gifting bundles.

I really hope we see some of those as well. The Costco Packs, as I like to think of them.

Definitely snagging Republic Commando. For $5, there just isn't enough room to go lower for me to regret it.

Seriously tempted on the FEAR pack, despite not being much into games that are all about jump scares and whatnot. And having watched Helloween "Let's Play" his way through like 3 of them anyway.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Ok, so I was trying to be all cool about it and make a neat picture for it all, but it isn't working, so hopefully people see this post.

GET A FREE GAME!

I've been gifted a bunch so far already, so I'm going to start paying it forward (or back I suppose, depending on if someone who's gifted me also wins). Anyway..

Pick a game from the daily deals, PM me with (and this is the important part):

Your Steam pofile LINK - I want to make sure I've got the right person.
    The game of your choice

That's it. The only other rule is that you've got to have a PA forum profile that is at least 3 months old and 100 posts. Sorry new people, but I feel like our Thanksgiving crazy-awesome-ness attracted a lot of people and I want to give back to people who've been here a while and are at least half-active.

I'm going to wait till tomorrow morning to see how many people I've got PMs from, then I'm going to randomly draw a winner and gift the game.

Just going to put this here before I leave work. Probably won't be able to get on till late tonight, so if this thread continues to chew through pages, feel free to quote this for people who may have missed it 5 pages back. :P

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn is a classy dude

He really is.

Also I pretty much *just* checked out all the Holiday Deals. Holy. Shit. First the gift giving sale, then the treasure hunt and now this!? I was expecting then to go easy during the Holiday sale after all that but I think this is the biggest one by far D: !

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    ArcSyn is a classy dude

He really is.

Also I pretty much *just* checked out all the Holiday Deals. Holy. Shit. First the gift giving sale, then the treasure hunt and now this!? I was expecting then to go easy during the Holiday sale after all that but I think this is the biggest one by far D: !

ArcSyn is the man.

And Valve hates all of our credit cards.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    remlap13 wrote: »
    ArcSyn is a classy dude

He really is.

ArcSyn is the man.

And Valve LOVES all of our credit cards.

fixed that.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn is a classy dude

He really is.

ArcSyn is the man.

And Valve hates all of our credit cards.

I got around the credit card and paypal shenanigans by adding money to my steam wallet from the steam web page and then buying the games in the Steam app with my wallet monies

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For the pie contest!

Limepie.jpg

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    ArcSyn is a classy dude

He really is.

ArcSyn is the man.

And Valve LOVES all of our credit cards.

fixed that.

Yes. Good call. That makes more sense.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ugh. Want games, need money.

So happy Steam does not have CC info saved for this specific purpose.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Did I...? Everything I'm interested I already own.

Hahaha. I BEAT THE SYSTEM!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Monger on
  • Options
    LordGravewishLordGravewish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Got my games! Took them long enough to process the payment >_<

Now to play some Deus Ex... Or some Meatboy, still not sure :P

Also, anyone here bought the Oddbox and can tell me how are the 2 new games in there? Good ports? Or not worth it?

LordGravewish on
    Without me, it's just aweso.
    Xfire: lordgravewish
    Steam: LordGravewish
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I got around the credit card and paypal shenanigans by adding money to my steam wallet from the steam web page and then buying the games in the Steam app with my wallet monies
    Why do you hate my credit card, hmm?

I mean, why would you do this to me.

So much hate in one man.

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Antoshka wrote: »

So much hate in one man.

I'm just the messenger man. Steam is the real enemy. Our common foe.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The majesty of this made me fall to the ground and weep upon its completion

piestache.png

Maddoc on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Apparently FEAR 1 is around 17 GB. While that does include the two expansions, it seems like a lot. The system requirements on my disc copy says 5 GB, so the expansions have to be bigger than that. Even then, you would expect there to be shared files between them.

Peewi on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So does anyone think that Fallout: New Vegas will get any cheaper during this sale?

Because Fallout 3 is the daily deal today, but New Vegas is already discounted 25% so it's only 37.50

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Antoshka wrote: »

So much hate in one man.

I'm just the messenger man. Steam is the real enemy. Our common foe.

This is true, strictly speaking.

The problem is, Steam is winning.

Winning so much

Antoshka on
    n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So does anyone think that Fallout: New Vegas will get any cheaper during this sale?

Because Fallout 3 is the daily deal today, but New Vegas is already discounted 25% so it's only 37.50

I would probably play it safe either way, it ought to stay 25% off throughout, so you can always pick it up later

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, I'm not able to keep up with the thread, and unfortunately I blew my load on the Thanksgiving sale and am not able to be as giving this time around (compounded with other issues, such as having to replace my fuel pump....that sucked all of my "disposable" savings).

But it sure warms my heart that people are continuing the tradition we setup last sale. You're all bright shining happy people.

Also, just as a note people might not notice...Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition is actually on sale!

I'm thinking about picking it up, it's between that and DA: Ultimate.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am so hilariousy bad at Super Meat Boy! This is awesome. I can't stop laughing.

Drake on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Super Meat Boy is a game of pure joy. Even when your are dying you're having a blast. If you don't like that game you hate fun.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So happy this has started. I'm going to compile a list of games for my girlfriend. She loved Plants vs Zombies, Peggle & Bejeweled, but I think I'm underestimating her... and this is the best chance to try some stuff out.

So far I've only bought Lego Batman for her. But I'm hoping to have a few more by the 25th for a little extra something for Xmas :)

exis on
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Here is my pious contribution.

lzkZ9I%3D

It is pac-man eating a chocolate pie.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Drake wrote: »
    I am so hilariousy bad at Super Meat Boy! This is awesome. I can't stop laughing.

I dare you to be worse than I am in SMB. It's like I'm somehow functionally incapable of performing well in this game. It's great fun though!

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »

I would probably play it safe either way, it ought to stay 25% off throughout, so you can always pick it up later

Yeah, that's probably smart

I think I'll pick up Morrowind and maybe Call of Cthulhu though. I think the odds are low of those becoming daily deals!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Elaro wrote: »
    Here is my pious contribution.

lzkZ9I%3D

It is pac-man eating a chocolate pie.

Okay I have to ask

Did you start drawing a pie and then thought it looked awful so you turned it into pac-man

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg