As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeon Defenders] - Dungeon Defenders II: The Dungeoning coming soon! Free-to-play!

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Ya I figure I would hold onto any of the large ones until more information is had, I can always sell them the last day.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So there's Easter stuff, but it's not a DLC?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Yep

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Redownloaded this again, picked up all the DLC I missed. I deleted my saves :( I am an idiot. Sigh. And I was so close to Legendary Defender...

Anyway, so my question is: what do I roll? when I last played Apprentices were the shit. The two new characters don't look very solo friendly.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Squire just got a little nerf, and it and the Apprentice are still your best bet for solo/tower building.

Monks were supposed to have gotten a little boost but are still best used for supporting a squire/apprentice. Same with huntresses.

The EV is an awesome dps/support type with a new kind of variable tower.

Barbarian is a fun dps character but that is all they do.

I would start off with a squire/app and then go into a support class for later levels if you are playing solo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    Squire just got a little nerf, and it and the Apprentice are still your best bet for solo/tower building.

Monks were supposed to have gotten a little boost but are still best used for supporting a squire/apprentice. Same with huntresses.

The EV is an awesome dps/support type with a new kind of variable tower.

Barbarian is a fun dps character but that is all they do.

I would start off with a squire/app and then go into a support class for later levels if you are playing solo.

Roland also meant to say, Play on Ranked. It's handy in a lot of ways, one specificly being, if you think you found a great item you can export your character to open, Upgrade that item, decide and still have all your money and unmodified item on ranked.

To me that is worth it alone.

If you want company you can always join the PA Steam groups Chat, there is games going a lot of the time.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    little eggs are selling for 200M in player shops.

And by that I mean people are buying them for that much, according to the trendy forums.

I've got one little one so far.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »

And by that I mean people are buying them for that much, according to the trendy forums.

Does anyone know what they do yet?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You can use them to unlock the bunny costume somehow.

edit: and they said something about something special for those with large eggs. I dunno!

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    @eobet, I have no idea the patch notes stated a boost to monk dps.

7.26C finally fixed it.

210k DPS now jumped to 390k DPS.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Does anyone know what they do yet?
    Supposedly, if you collect 24 eggs, you get a new Squire outfit (Easter Bunny). Beyond that, no one knows.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hm...interesting.

Can they drop anywhere, or is it like a nightmare only thing?

• Options
    Looks like Sand Blades are the new Frost Blades.

Moderate Damage Moderate Swing, and dat Transcendent

Sand!

• Options
    Hm...interesting.

Can they drop anywhere, or is it like a nightmare only thing?
    I'm pretty sure it's on any level at any difficulty that isn't Easy.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    no you can get them on easy, i found one in a chest

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    mts wrote: »
    no you can get them on easy, i found one in a chest
    Awesome. I hadn't heard any verification from anyone on Easy difficulty.

EDIT: Also, according to the next patch notes, 36 Humongous Eggs will net you a Mega Chicken pet.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Can EV solo at all? (if you're starting from scratch, so I'm talking med/hard here)

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Can EV solo at all? (if you're starting from scratch, so I'm talking med/hard here)
    Yes. You get actual walls, unlike the Monk or Huntress. For Wyvern lanes, you'll also want to put up walls (the Wyverns will attack the walls before they attack crystals), so you can shoot them down. You can also toss down a Decoy to get their attention instead. They have all the ingredients to solo. Not as well as App or Squire (due to the lack of ranged towers), but their Proton Beam deals the most DPS for DU.

EDIT: Wait, you can delete Ranked saves?

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Yes. You get actual walls, unlike the Monk or Huntress. For Wyvern lanes, you'll also want to put up walls (the Wyverns will attack the walls before they attack crystals), so you can shoot them down. You can also toss down a Decoy to get their attention instead. They have all the ingredients to solo. Not as well as App or Squire (due to the lack of ranged towers), but their Proton Beam deals the most DPS for DU.

EDIT: Wait, you can delete Ranked saves?

Wasn't ranked, was local. I still have my ranked saves, but due to me getting most of my stuff done in LAN with my friends my good saves were open. Ah well. My Squire just made 30. Soooooon.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The quality of the egg drops is dependant on the difficulty you are playing on.
    Bear in mind that the quality of the Egg is difficulty dependent, so Humongous eggs for example can only be found on Nightmare difficulty, etc. (Small Eggs, which are used to acquire the Bunny costume, can be found on all difficulties however).

-Jer

I must say I think it bad that a pet and costume is only available via a random drop that is only available for two weeks. Yesterday and this morning I ran around fifteen maps (on hard HC or higher) and have three eggs: an egg. a large egg, and a huge egg. That is hours of play time to get three eggs, only one of which is for the costume. If that is indicative of the drop rate I think I'll resign myself to not getting it, no way can I put hours in to the game everyday for two weeks, and even then due to randomness not get enough eggs.

The Deranged Hermit on
    Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Yo. Looking for people to play with at level 75ish~ I got a huntress and the nightmare campaign HC just isn't really soloable with my current weapon (177k dps minigun~).

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    I almost never play with random people anymore, so add me if you wish... I've played way more than I should though, so I need to cut back... :)

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    been playing this more and am starting to get the hang out of tower/defense placements.

did some easy soloing with my squire to get a feel for things. i love me some harpoon towers though the bowling bowl is nice that the balls keep rolling down stairs for a bit

i am speccing him mostly tower with an occaisional point in hero attack and health

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    Stupid question time!

I have hit lvl 27 with my Tower squire and so have started a DPS huntress for fun. I was under the impression that if I built/upgraded defences with the squire, they would keep the stats from him even if I switched to my huntress before the wave. In the tavern, the dps of my bow drops significantly when I switch to the huntress, so I assume the stats are dropping.

Is this a tavern only thing, or the same for every map?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tower damage is reduced by 33% when the hero who summoned it is not active.

• Options
    Barbarians are the kings of any content that doesn't involve a warp crystal lol. Life steal Stance and Turtle Stance are ridiculous

• Options
    edited April 2012
    If you have the stats for it this is one of the best ways to get money/loot that I've found.

Halloween NMHC Spooktacular build

We were able to finish it with 4 people and make a good bit of money/get some good loot even though my tower squire stats are about half the recommended, as long as you can keep the repairs up you're golden. Only 8 (the Wyverns) and the last wave (Mini Ogres) were any real trouble.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    So here at Pax East, the next Shards stage is playable. And it is gorgeously huge. Didn't see any new monster types though.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Two things to remember about soloing as Series EV:

1. Make your physical walls as large as possible. The more DU a wall takes, the more HP it has (except for the buff beam). Since the physical wall's job is to take hits so the crystal won't, you want the wall to be able to take as much abuse as possible.

2. After some testing, the tower buff beam only works on two walls. The physical wall (which doesn't seem to boost its HP) and the reflect wall (which appears to boost it's reflect strength). So it might mot be much help if you're soloing.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Two things to remember about soloing as Series EV:

1. Make your physical walls as large as possible. The more DU a wall takes, the more HP it has (except for the buff beam). Since the physical wall's job is to take hits so the crystal won't, you want the wall to be able to take as much abuse as possible.

2. After some testing, the tower buff beam only works on two walls. The physical wall (which doesn't seem to boost its HP) and the reflect wall (which appears to boost it's reflect strength). So it might mot be much help if you're soloing.

What? It affects the shock beam as well. And I am pretty sure it affects the stun beam also.

• Options
    I checked in the tavern and it didn't appear to change the beams' stats. It might've been because I was only level 20. Also, when I set up a buff beam through one of each of the other beam types, it said it was buffing two units. When I dismissed the physical and reflect walls, the buff beam said it wasn't boosting any units.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Were you going through the beams or the emitters?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've buffed up my proton beam and shock beam with the buff beam before, you gotta make sure the beam goes through the nodes.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Oh, I see. That's kinda annoying.

• Options
    I got a humongous egg in nightmare hc. Now the question I face is whether to sell it or keep it for a silly pet D: 200,000,000 million mana is a lot of mana

• Options
    Robes wrote: »
    I got a humongous egg in nightmare hc. Now the question I face is whether to sell it or keep it for a silly pet D: 200,000,000 million mana is a lot of mana
    I hate to say this, but it really isn't. If you can do nightmare content, there are ways to get 200M in less than an hour. For example, soloing UMF or repeatedly running the Assault pack. Then again, the Humongous Egg collection thing is ridiculous. 36 eggs is a lot! I hope they make eggs easier to get, because otherwise this is yet another good idea that was made terrible by overdoing it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    I was about to call shenanigans on people paying ridiculous prices for small eggs, but I just made 600m with my afk shop.

...I'm going to get so fucking rich this weekend.

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Leaving this here

http://i.imgur.com/5RS3z.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

I used it.

I am not ashamed.

Thank you very much!