As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everybody post in the new [STEAM] thread.

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is there a way to sort my steam games by the date I bought them?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't see one. Last played looks like the only time-related sort.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anybody played Hacker Evolution and/or System Protocol One?
    I'm keeping an eye on that indy future pack but those are really the only titles in it I would be picking it up for (Already have Uplink) so opinions would be appreciated.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is there a way to sort my steam games by the date I bought them?

Not in the games list, but you can see it on your account page in the store (click the <user>'s account thing in the top of the Steam window). It'll show everything you have on your account, with the oldest at the bottom.

Peewi on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wait. So is there not going to be another best of sale?

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    it seems like the most likely move, but it's not like there's been an official statement.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I gave in and bought the Half Life Pack and Company of Heroes, with this my steam list of games went from 3 to 24 this week, since I started accompanying the sales on dec 26. If there is nothing interesting on the last day of dailies I already have 2 indie packs on the cart, just waiting for confirmation.

Ok I admit it this past week I became a steam addict, let’s see if I can play them all before the next sale...

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So far....

Bought for myself:

Blueberry Garden
    Super Meat Boy
    Sniper Elite
    OddBoxx
    FEAR Complete Pack
    Just Cause 2 DLC
    Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
    Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
    Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
    Puzzle Quest
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
    Tomb Raider: Anniversary
    Trials 2: Second Edition
    Recettear
    Bully
    Deathspank
    Mass Effect 2
    Darksiders
    Overlord Complete Pack
    Borderlands DLC Claptrap
    Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
    Assassin's Creed II
    Dead Space
    Hitman Collection

Gifts for others:

Just Cause 2
    Humble Indie Bundle 2 (x2)
    Everyday Genius: SquareLogic (x2)
    Shattered Union
    Commandos Pack
    The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
    Sniper Elite
    Deus Ex Collection (x2)
    Super Meat Boy
    Puzzle Quest
    Just Cause 2 DLC
    VVVVVV
    Blueberry Garden (x2)
    Torchlight
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Rush
    Hearts of Iron 3 Complete Pack
    Europa Universalis III Complete Pack

Received as gifts:
    The Witcher
    Swords and Soldiers HD
    Zeno Clash
    Jedi Knight Collection
    Far Cry 2

More damage will be done, once the end-of-sale stuff goes up.

Sigh...

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Death_Claw wrote: »
    So I gave in and bought the Half Life Pack and Company of Heroes, with this my steam list of games went from 3 to 24 this week, since I started accompanying the sales on dec 26. If there is nothing interesting on the last day of dailies I already have 2 indie packs on the cart, just waiting for confirmation.

Ok I admit it this past week I became a steam addict, let’s see if I can play them all before the next sale...

HAHAHAAHAHA!

No.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hmmmm, not as bad as I thought.

Bought:
    Zeno Clash, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
    Hitman: Blood Money, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC
    Hegemony: Philip of Macedon, Grand Ages: Rome Gold
    Serious Sam Gold Pack (US), Mirror's Edge
    Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
    Borderlands GOTY
    Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, Wings of Prey
    Puzzle Quest
    The Deus Ex Collection

gifted:
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Hegemony: Philip of Macedon
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition

Rebuying Borderlands so I wouldn't have to spend more on the stupid DLC (I had a retail copy) was a disturbingly high fraction of what I spent.

Now, to contemplate that Bethesda Mega Pack a bit more. Does my backlog really need Fallout, Fallout NV and Oblivion added to it? Do I really want to mess around with all the mods to make Oblivion good? Hmmmm.

Is Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth any good? I remember their being a good Cthulhu game but I don't remember what it was called exactly.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is The Scourge Project any good? I see it's part of the Indie Fright Pack.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    subedii wrote: »
    Death_Claw wrote: »

HAHAHAAHAHA!

No.

Well if I can pull myself out of Europa Universalis 3, since I already put more than 12 hours on it in about 2 days considering the 31st was a lost day, and considering the fact that I am currently unemployed I probably can at least play them all, maybe not finish but at least put a couple of hours on each of them, right? Right??? D:D:D:

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Does some kind sir in the states care to do an exchange of gifts with me tomorrow? Bioshock 2 is ludicrously priced here. Whether or not it goes on sale, it'll still be alot cheaper for me that way.

Will repay with an equivalently priced Steam gift of your choosing.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, Divinity II is soooo tempting at that price.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, Divinity II is soooo tempting at that price.

Word

Thankfully, the money I transferred to replace the money I spent on simcity 4 and crysis won't kick in till tomorrow or monday, so I still stay green. So...yea me?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth any good? I remember their being a good Cthulhu game but I don't remember what it was called exactly.
    Dark Corners of the Earth is great, except I don't think it can be finished on Windows Vista and 7. Also, if there is a good Cthulhu game, this is not it. It's not based on Call of Cthulhu, it's based on The Shadow Over Innsmouth.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yes it is.
    It's got some wonky mechanics here and there but the atmosphere is really nice. I played it back on the oXbox and really enjoyed the experience.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Any ideas on how to get my save games back? I reinstalled steam and I can't find them.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Yes it is.
    It's got some wonky mechanics here and there but the atmosphere is really nice. I played it back on the oXbox and really enjoyed the experience.

As you go insane do the visuals get more distorted or something along those lines?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Divinity 2: I picked it up. It was one of the games I had been watching. Demo left much to be desired though.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm only slightly hoping the last day is super 'best of all sale' sale. I kind of want BFBC2 just because the large squad combat is so tempting, especially with such a large PA player base.
    And I assume it's more polished and whatnot since back when there was just MP beta?

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I bought Half-Life 2 Episode Two.

I now own every Half-Life game (except the HL1 expansions), and I've not finished a single one of them

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Seems like they just copied top 3 types of mods for an elder scrolls game and made a game out of it.

Not true. IIRC there are no anime-style naked elf chicks, and there is no option for turning the PC into Cloud and/or Sephiroth.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm missing just episode 2. but it's not like I'm itching to play something.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Drake wrote: »
    Docken wrote: »
    so... anyone care to give impressions on Settlers 7?

It looks so cool, but the reviews have been fairly meh...

In the interest of full disclosure, it's supposed to have that Ubi always-on DRM.

Didn't they just announce that the DRM has been changed now to just check when started up, and not throughout the whole game now? I know it has with AC2 and Splinter Cell, which are the only other 2 games which use it.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They didn't announce it, some people just found out about it while playing. So it isn't official yet they'll stick with it.

Alegis on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Due to the awesomeness of this Steam sale I have a new goal for my gaming habits..

1) I will not buy any games throughout the year unless they are 360 exclusives, or I have a bunch of friends buying them and want to play MP.

2) I will then wait until the Steam Christmas sale and load up on games, and probably get 10-15 games for the same price as 2 when they were first released.

3) I will then spend the entire rest of the year trying desperately to destroy the backlog I created at Christmas time, so I am ready for next year.

Thoughts?

remlap13 on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Due to the awesomeness of this Steam sale I have a new goal for my gaming habits..

1) I will not buy any games throughout the year unless they are 360 exclusives, or I have a bunch of friends buying them and want to play MP.

2) I will then wait until the Steam Christmas sale and load up on games, and probably get 10-15 games for the same price as 2 when they were first released.

3) I will then spend the entire rest of the year trying desperately to destroy the backlog I created at Christmas time, so I am ready for next year.

Thoughts?

They'll still get you with midweek madness. You're not safe anywhere. The summer sale is coming. Get out while you still can!

Frem on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Thoughts?

Doesn't even take the Summer Sale into account. Try again.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Thoughts?

This is pretty much my plan as well.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have a similar plan

but with much stricter rules

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    quick! sell me on AAAAAAAAAAAA

Shade on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Steam had an achievment based on AAAAAaAAAAaaAAAaaaAAaaaaAaaaa for their contest, buy it.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Shade wrote: »

Its AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAwesome!

An-D on
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

You jump off very high things and attempt not to land on very fatal things while either giving the thumbs up or the middle finger to various audience members. And it's rather strange. And it's $2.50.

I don't regret buying it, though I'm not currently really playing it anymore.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

It's the best "get high and hurl yourself of a building to the EXTREME!" simulator out there.

It's also the only one.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    An-D wrote: »

boughted

whats about swarm?

Shade on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    An-D wrote: »

boughted

whats about swarm?

it's

awe...swarm?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I was gonna try to do something like that remlap

But then I thought about Deus Ex HR, and I know I have to get that at release

Whoops, there goes my whole resolution

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ugh.. You guys are right.. I forgot all about the Summer Sale..

Fffffffffffffffffffff

remlap13 on
This discussion has been closed.