As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Whats your new sign?

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i laughed out loud at that tattoo spoiler

Swill on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also Pluto becomes a planet again.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah sticking with Leo, because lions are cool and no one tells space Aslan what to do.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't wanna be a Sagittarius!
    I liked being a Capricorn
    Mergoat ftw! Headbutt things underwater

skettios on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    the universe wants you to be a lesbian

I'll try my best, universe

adladladladl

Antimatter on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Usagi wrote: »
    My crazy ex stepsister tried explaining to me once how you're not supposed to use the given dates you're supposed to go by your exact birth time and location. Because that is what made it yours. She also explained that your sign guided your whole life and you should listen to real horoscopes (still not sure what those were) because they can provide insight and guidance.

Did you hit her with a bat or other large, heavy object?

This was part of Worst Christmas Ever. I was just glad she stopped talking about how 9/11 was an inside job.

I'm sorry you had to put up with her :(

Usagi on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm so goddamn proud of it too! FUUUUUCK YOUUUUU UNIVERSE!

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also, this is the kind of thing she was talking about.

http://alabe.com/freechart/

I'm willing to bet this would describe at least 3 other people in this thread.
    Rising Sign is in 20 Degrees Scorpio
    You tend to be quiet, reserved, secretive and, at times, quite difficult to understand. Others notice your deep emotions and feelings and wonder how to draw you out. Stubborn and tough, you fight for any position you believe in. You are very resourceful and formidable when you become angered or upset about something. You enjoy living life at the cutting edge -- for you life must be experienced intensely and totally. Quite courageous, you are willing to take calculated risks. Easily hurt by others, you often strike back with bitter sarcasm. Sensitive and curious, you are concerned with the deeper mysteries of human psychology. Once you have become interested in any subject, you pursue it with total fanaticism.

Sun is in 18 Degrees Aquarius.
    You get bored with the status quo and are generally open to new things and ideas. An individualist and a free spirit, your friends are quite important to you as long as they do not try to tie you down by making too many emotional demands on you. Your thoughts are offbeat and you're a bit eccentric, but not always very changeable. As a matter of fact, you can be quite stubborn at times. Very fair-minded when dealing with large groups or broad issues, you are not always emotionally sensitive to the needs of individuals. Extremely objective, with good powers of observation, you would be qualified to study technical and complicated subjects, like science, computers or maybe even astrology.

Moon is in 10 Degrees Virgo.
    You tend to be serious-minded but cheerful for the most part. You need tasks that engage both your mind and your hands. A careful worker, you enjoy making things. You are neat and orderly, and are very concerned with good health habits. Fastidious to the extreme, you cannot tolerate messes and will immediately clean them up. Reserved, shy, and very self-critical, you tend to be very hard on yourself. You usually will go out of your way to be helpful and useful to others. Practical, reliable, efficient and conservative, at times you are a bit of a prude. You are known to lead a simple, uncomplicated, frugal, methodical and unemotional lifestyle. You are devoted and caring to those you love.

Mercury is in 09 Degrees Aquarius.
    You tend to be very opinionated -- you have strongly felt notions about things and are quite vocal about expressing and defending them. Yet you are also an original thinker -- you enjoy shocking others with your offbeat, original thoughts. You appreciate and need mental and intellectual stimulation. Your judgment is usually fair and impartial -- you can be a good critic because you can remain objective and unemotional about most things.

Venus is in 04 Degrees Aries.
    You are a very affectionate person but you hate to be tied down. You are more than willing to be the aggressor in initiating new relationships. Indeed, once you have set your sights on someone, you tend to pursue him or her ardently and passionately. But you do demand your own way in a relationship. Try to give in to your partner's needs and desires once in a while.

Mars is in 03 Degrees Aries.
    You are very independent and self-assertive, and you have lots of physical energy. You are not satisfied unless you can be the first to do something. As such, you are more comfortable in leadership positions than you are as an underling. When you are challenged by anyone for anything, you delight in the competitive process and will fight long and hard for your beliefs. You are bold and courageous and often act without thinking. At times, in your zeal to get ahead, you are tactless and offensive -- learn that cooperation with others can often bring you nearer to your goals quicker because of the support you will get.

Jupiter is in 00 Degrees Aquarius.
    Your personal growth occurs when you have the freedom to do things in new and interesting ways -- this brings out your natural inventiveness. You are an individualist, but you are also attracted to mass movements that emphasize social betterment and you will devote much time and energy to their efforts. Very fair- minded and objective, you have extraordinary skills at organization and administration.

Saturn is in 27 Degrees Scorpio.
    You tend to release emotional energies only very reluctantly. This is partly due to your fear of what horrible calamity might occur should they be released -- your emotions are terribly complicated and intense. Try not to repress these energies entirely, however, or you will succumb to negative and destructive forms of compulsive behavior. Give yourself the freedom to look awkward or silly once in a while. The relief you feel will be quite therapeutic and the embarrassment (whether it is real or imagined) will pass quickly.

Uranus is in 17 Degrees Sagittarius.
    You, and most of your peers, have the tendency to think that all ideas, customs and traditions from the past are outmoded and irrelevant. You are attracted to radically new ideas, philosophies and religions that will, hopefully, cause sweeping changes throughout the world.

Neptune is in 02 Degrees Capricorn.
    You, and your entire generation, will idealize work, practicality and the ability to attain reasonable goals. But, because you will also stress the need to be selfless and giving, you may find it difficult to attain your goals unless you have lowered your expectations on all fronts.

Pluto is in 04 Degrees Scorpio.
    For your entire generation, this is a period of intense research and discovery in areas that were heretofore considered mysterious, remote or taboo. The root causes for many complex occurrences will be unearthed due to the intensity and thoroughness of the search.

N. Node is in 23 Degrees Taurus.
    It's not in your nature to seek out many casual acquaintances in your daily round of activities. You feel much more comfortable with a small, close-knit group of people -- those with whom you can relax and work toward known and clearly defined goals. Your loyalty to a person or group, once given, is forever -- you'll expend all of your quite considerable energy in seeing that the group stays together and prospers. You choose your partners and relationships so carefully that you're bound to gain certain advantages from them, including those of a material nature. Be careful though not to let mere self-service be your motivation in establishing your connections -- make sure that there's an even give-and-take!

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Does this mean I have cancer now

cancer jokes

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    My crazy ex stepsister tried explaining to me once how you're not supposed to use the given dates you're supposed to go by your exact birth time and location. Because that is what made it yours. She also explained that your sign guided your whole life and you should listen to real horoscopes (still not sure what those were) because they can provide insight and guidance.

Did you hit her with a bat or other large, heavy object?

This was part of Worst Christmas Ever. I was just glad she stopped talking about how 9/11 was an inside job.

I'm sorry you had to put up with her :(

I decided to instead ask her lots of questions about it and had her do my stuff and pointed out every instance where it was incorrect and asked her why that was. We didn't have power and my laptop battery died so i figured what the hell, should be good for some laughs.

(It wasn't, it just made me sad because before she got into all that crap she was really awesome.)

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    remember there's absolutely no way that a new interpretation of a sparsely populated ancient culture ever could or should alter modern culture as it exists to billions of living people

culture doesn't work like that. it doesn't suddenly become invalid because of a discovery related to its roots

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I guess I love being strong now.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Yeah sticking with Leo, because lions are cool and no one tells space Aslan what to do.

Yeah Space Aslan!

Sassori on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    one of the first 'labs' we did in basic astro in high school was read a list of yesterday's horoscopes (without their appropriate signs attached) and picked the top three that we thought applied best to our day

don't think a single person matched up right

Squall on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My star sign is now Jet Pack. This month whoooooooosh.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Seriously what do these signs even fucking mean? Should i kill the president? possibly with a mortar launcher?

Melding on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bsjezz wrote: »
    remember there's absolutely no way that a new interpretation of a sparsely populated ancient culture ever could or should alter modern culture as it exists to billions of living people

culture doesn't work like that. it doesn't suddenly become invalid because of a discovery related to its roots

Jesus was black!

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So uh...

Last September I got a tattoo.... it's not done yet but....
    IMG_0047.jpg

What the fuck do I do now?!

In all seriousness though I'm not one to read my horoscope everyday and go by what it told me, HOWEVER I do find some of the characteristics of a Libra to be shared with my own traits. So, I do kind of believe myself to be a Libra. Not so much that I think I will only work well with people of a certain sign or all that bullshit but enough to identify with it, ya know? So I dunno. I'm not gonna go change my sign or whatever. Born a Libra, still a Libra. Fuck y'all!
    Fuck

That's some shirt

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    My star sign is now Jet Pack. This month whoooooooosh.

ahaha

I guess that makes mine Excel ugh

Usagi on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I loved astrology in high school. I was into a lot of pseudoscience back then though.

I genuinely believed in alien abductions.

Yea, it was a dark time.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In all seriousness though I'm not one to read my horoscope everyday and go by what it told me, HOWEVER I do find some of the characteristics of a Libra to be shared with my own traits.
    I can pretty much guarantee that some of the characteristics of every single sign are shared with your own traits

That is the entire reason why it is all bullshit

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Godspeed, BugBoy. Godspeed.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Can we talk about some real science now, like crystals and auras?

Hunter on
  • Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, apparently I was a bull, and now i'm a ram?

I don't know much about horoscopes, but is it all just a general shift of various barnyard animals? That dictate mood and behavior? Is that what's going on here?

Because I do not want to live my life by the positions of celestial livestock.

The real future tellin's in the tea leaves. Everyone knows that.

Fedora on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

it's BugGirl now

BugBoy on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fedora wrote: »
    So, apparently I was a bull, and now i'm a ram?

I don't know much about horoscopes, but is it all just a general shift of various barnyard animals? That dictate mood and behavior? Is that what's going on here?

Because I do not want to live my life by the positions of celestial livestock.

The real future tellin's in the tea leaves. Everyone knows that.

Hey, i used to be a bull too, lets headbutt each other for dominance!

Melding on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Okay, new Fraternal twin.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hunter wrote: »

or how about Andrew Wakefield being an honest to god moneygrubbing fraud?

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also, I have always been mildly disappointed by the fact that we're not Gemini.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

it's BugGirl now

Are you going to join the WNBA or the LPGA?

Hunter on
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Melding wrote: »
    Seriously what do these signs even fucking mean? Should i kill the president? possibly with a mortar launcher?

diagramg.jpg

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    In all seriousness though I'm not one to read my horoscope everyday and go by what it told me, HOWEVER I do find some of the characteristics of a Libra to be shared with my own traits.
    I can pretty much guarantee that some of the characteristics of every single sign are shared with your own traits

That is the entire reason why it is all bullshit

No Houk, you just don't get it, maaaaaaan. Libra's are like... totally me, ya know?

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So how's the MSPA thread handling this

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In the Chinese zodiac I'm a goat or something and when I dating that Chinese girl we were at a shop in Chinatown in Portland and she was looking at some zodiac stuff, and she commented that "Goat doesn't seem to match you at all." to which I replied, "Aduh, I'm from the west."

Weaver on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Okay, new Fraternal twin.

dont think you're getting off easy
    French Maid For Life #1

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

it's BugGirl now

Forget that. Ladies tennis is the place to be if you can't make it for beach volleyball.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

it's BugGirl now

golf sounds peaceful

and as an introvert, peace is good

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

or how about Andrew Wakefield being an honest to god moneygrubbing fraud?

But esteemed doctor Jenifer McCarthy said that the MMR vaccine caused autism. IT MUST BE TRUE!

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So guys what should I do about this $500 lie I have inked into my skin

GreasyKidsStuff on