As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM | gaben@valvesoftware.com/mooleyftw

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Mafia II needs to go on sale somewhere reputable, dammit.

It was on sale on steam like 3 times

Last time I remember was the Christmas sale, and like Far Cry 2, it was at the point where I had already spent too much. Before that I didn't have a PC that would run it well.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    SkexisSkexis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And now for a public service announcement. Despite its mild bugs, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is worth the price of admission, and is incredible fun both single and multiplayer.

It's just unfortunate the player pool has dried up since it came out. (Hint, hint)

Skexis on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Huh, Medal of Honor is $15 on impulse. Worth it?

Anyone?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Anyone?

the new one right? reviews were mixed, some liked the realistic story. can't say from experience.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bought the weekend deal just for Assassins Creed and Call of Juarez.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just finished mass effect for the first time. Wow I really loved everything about it, except the game part. I hear 2 fixes this and I cannot wait.

ending spoiler
    What happens if you decide to save the council besides alot of lives lost protecting them? I wasn't comfortable leaving them to die, but I didnt see any other choice in the matter.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ah yes, "fixes." We have dismissed this claim

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OK, new plan for myself: I kind of want to buy the Ubisoft pack, but somehow I also don't want to give Ubisoft any money.

So here's what I do: I'm gonna pass on that sale and make a mental note containing the saved amount. If I passed on enough sales (i.e. about 45 Euros worth of sales) when Portal 2 comes out, I'm gonna allow myself to buy it right away, instead of having to wait. That way I'll also be able to make a pro-Valve statement with my monies

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hrm.

On the fence + Ubisoft factor + 13 eur instead of usd = pass sale

Alegis on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For me it's a pretty simple choice, I don't have any of those games.

I don't want any of them either. :P

subedii on
  • Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just finished mass effect for the first time. Wow I really loved everything about it, except the game part. I hear 2 fixes this and I cannot wait.

ending spoiler
    What happens if you decide to save the council besides alot of lives lost protecting them? I wasn't comfortable leaving them to die, but I didnt see any other choice in the matter.
    In practical terms? An utterly irrelevant ship dies, you get a Star Wars-eque ending, and you get to have a brief and pointless (although highly memetic) holo-conversation with them in ME2. Letting them die in theory raises human influence at the expense of inter-species harmony, but has little in the way of significant impact on the plot or gameplay. This will be a recurring theme in ME2.

Bioptic on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Far Cry 2 was good, but I certainly wouldn't pay £10 for it.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Far Cry 2 was good, but I certainly wouldn't pay £10 for it.

It's a tenner for all four games.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm enjoying Call of Juarez. Worth $13 for just that so far.
    Edit: A strange issue though. Whenever I open a game through steam, Avast yells that it's "potentially unsafe". First time I've ever seen it.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Anyone?

the new one right? reviews were mixed, some liked the realistic story. can't say from experience.

I quite liked it, the single player at least

It's a lot more sombre than Call of Duty, less fuck yeah moments which is to its credit, I felt.

The multi should not be touched

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    busfahrer wrote: »
    OK, new plan for myself: I kind of want to buy the Ubisoft pack, but somehow I also don't want to give Ubisoft any money.

So here's what I do: I'm gonna pass on that sale and make a mental note containing the saved amount. If I passed on enough sales (i.e. about 45 Euros worth of sales) when Portal 2 comes out, I'm gonna allow myself to buy it right away, instead of having to wait. That way I'll also be able to make a pro-Valve statement with my monies

Pay attention, people. This is top notch rationalization here. :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Truly the work of a seasoned Steam sales vet.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Iolo wrote: »
    busfahrer wrote: »

Pay attention, people. This is top notch rationalization here. :)

Nah, it's basically just intentional missing out on awesome deals :wink:
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Truly the work of a seasoned Steam sales vet.

You know the feeling when you want to buy a game because it's 75% off, and then you remember that you already own it?

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drake wrote: »
    Do you like to optimize production? Does seeking elegant solutions for science and industry intrigue you?

Would you like to know more?
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=18561244
    Then SpaceChem is looking for you!

I could not care less about the Ubi pack, but I am barely restraining myself from dropping fifteen bucks on SpaceChem. And I mean barely. If I hadn't already spent more than I should have on Steam this week, it wouldn't even be an issue. That said, this is a pretty meaty demo that shows off some really thoughtful and well done puzzle gameplay. With killer music and fun art that is clean and functional. The interface is a jewel too. You can even automatically upload your solutions to your Youtube account.

Soon. I will have this very soon.

edit: Happy Woggle?

Ok damn you. I remember when Gabe linked to this game on the news and I saw the video and thought ok this looks really hard, it´s not for me. Then it hit steam and I tought, ok maybe I should just check it out, but I remained strong and didn´t click it. But then the posts started coming and yours finnally made me grab the demo.

Played for 2 hours last night before going to sleep and now I´m having a hard time to justify not buying this right now. It´s the perfect kind of game to play on my laptop while laying on the couch or the bed without having the need for a mouse. I guess the only reason I will not buy this right now is that I recently got Cities in Motion and Fate of the World that are also awesome games and get played most of the time when I´m on the couch or bed.

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SpaceChem is really the best puzzle game I've seen.

The amount of freedom in solving the challenges is amazing, and it actually feels awesome to realize you did it faster/cheaper than 80% of people or whatnot.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well, Assassins Creed runs like shit on my pc.
    AMD AM3x4 640 3.0Ghz Athlon II Quad Core.
    ASUS M4A78LT-M-LE 760G AM3 DDR3 Motherboard.
    Kingstone 4GB DDR 1333.
    Hitatchi 3.5" Deskstar 1TB SATA HDD.
    Gigabyte 1GB 6850 OC
    Antec 500W Earthwatts psu.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Does anybody know what the release date for Dragon Age 2 is? Because I'm in Japan atm and steam isn't listing a release date...

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    3/8 America & 3/11 in Europe

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Well, Assassins Creed runs like shit on my pc.
    AMD AM3x4 640 3.0Ghz Athlon II Quad Core.
    ASUS M4A78LT-M-LE 760G AM3 DDR3 Motherboard.
    Kingstone 4GB DDR 1333.
    Hitatchi 3.5" Deskstar 1TB SATA HDD.
    Gigabyte 1GB 6850 OC
    Antec 500W Earthwatts psu.

My specs are comparable and it ran fine. Are you playing on default settings, or did you raise them up to max (making a note that even at max, I know we should be ok). I read through a few posts, here (Ubi's AC Tech Support Forum) and couldn't find anything too conclusive.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Running on max. Or at least trying to. Game looks like poop from a butt otherwise. :?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well CCRA3U has reminded me that I suck at RTS. I see this screen so much I'm thinking I should just make it my wallpaper.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you are on windows vista, AC tends to just run like shit on some hardware setups. Theres also the magical chance that you will trip the DRM and Jerusalem will never load. ever. You have to restart and play for several hours again to find out if it trips the DRM again.

edit: I do my best to boycott them over this issue, and it's also the reason I never got through the original game.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yeah activision may be a more shitty company in general, but ubisoft is the one i boycott because they made shit personal.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Japan isn't in Europe or America

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PhurrehPhurreh Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Someone give me a good reason not to buy Space Channel 5: Part 2 on Steam.
    Quick, I fear for my money ;;

Phurreh on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Phurreh wrote: »

Wait, what? When did this happen?
    Holy hell.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Sorry misunderstood why you were asking. I'm only seeing release dates for those regions doing google searches ATM.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hah. While I laugh at that game, I know in my heart if "Parappa the Rapper" was on Steam, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Decoy on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    But no Phantasy Star Online? (No Universe thingy, just Online.)

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Phurreh wrote: »

Wait, what? When did this happen?
    Holy hell.

Oh hell yes! I've always been sad that I missed out on these games. They look like a big, bouncy colorful ball of dance pop fun!

Wishlist'd with a quickness!

And yeah, Curly I feel the same way about Ubi. I used to love them for Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Beyond Good and Evil and some others that were really just fun games. Probably the biggest reversal of publisher good will in my case since Sierra saw fit to dissolve Dynamix and do away with Babylon 5: Into the Fire.

God. I didn't realize how much anger I still have towards Sierra over that until I just typed that out. Fuckers.

Drake on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was at Cebit yesterday and just got home. Now I'm reading about Steam Guard and apparently Valve were there and I had no idea. Unless they were only there today for that announcement, I'm a little annoyed that I had no idea and didn't go check it out.

On the plus side I got a free Steam key for STALKER Call of Pripyat and a hat from a graphics cards manufacturer.

Peewi on
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    kal wrote: »
    Sorry misunderstood why you were asking. I'm only seeing release dates for those regions doing google searches ATM.
    There is no release date for Japan, as yet. Yeah, Japan is getting shafted and nobody knows for how long. Yeah, people are upset.

gilrain on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There is no release date for Japan, as yet. Yeah, Japan is getting shafted and nobody knows for how long. Yeah, people are upset.

Haha seriously?

That makes... no sense. Any primary source I can read about this?

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haha seriously?

That makes... no sense. Any primary source I can read about this?
    Yeah, pretty much. Here's a link to a BioWare response on their forum. DO NOT read anything else, though, that forum is a quagmire.

Edit: direct link to the post didn't seem to work. Try this, third post down.

Edit 2: bargh, just take my word that this is from a BioWare guy, then:
    brownybrown wrote...
    Dragon Age 2 Release Control (non-Steam versions)
    Dates & times are set to the retail street date per country.
    I live in Japan, Im ordering the game via hong kong mail order.
    It will come around the 11th I assume but i cant seem to find any retail release date for Japan.,
    EA's Japan site doesnt even offer DA2 for pre sale.
    When will I be able to play?
    thanks

Part of what I'm working out right now is what happens in countries such as Japan and elsewhere that we do not have an official release date yet. I'll resolve that next and will inform you guys here on the site before we launch - but barring any issues I would hope to allow for the unlock either on the US or EU date depending on the country.

gilrain on
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    bit trip beat - how is it controlled on PC?

Deusfaux on