• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    subedii wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Ah yes, "Ser Isaac of Clarke".
    We have dismissed that claim.

Whoops, got all Mass Effect thread-y.

I think we're going to be OK as long as you don't start pondering over Isaac's sweat glands.
    For those that don't know, this is an ACTUAL THING that has been happening in the Mass Effect thread with regards to Tali, and it is as freaking creepy as it sounds.

I'm a bit behind on the Mass Effect thread... maybe that's for the best.

Jazz on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I think we're going to be OK as long as you don't start pondering over Isaac's sweat glands.
    For those that don't know, this is an ACTUAL THING that has been happening in the Mass Effect thread with regards to Tali, and it is as freaking creepy as it sounds.

Wasn't ours.

Was a link to a Bioware forums thread, with the link being, essentially, look how much worse than anything the Bioware forum Tali threads are.

The reaction from everyone here was, roughly, "what the fuck, my eyes".

Also, the post being referenced is worse than you're thinking.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

In fairness, it was something that was posted over at the official Bioware forums that someone here found and posted.

But still, really, really unnerving.

EDIT:

@chiasaur11: Doesn't change the fact that there's a really unhealthy fixation on finding the absolutely creepiest stuff on the Bioware forums and posting it back here. Every. Time.

subedii on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, the BioWare forums are... well, let's be charitable. They are something else.

Jazz on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, not saying our ME thread is even halfway sane.

Just making sure it's accused of the many crimes it actually committed rather than false charges.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow, I'm glad I didn't buy Far Cry 2 during the christmas Sale (it was being sold for 5 or 9 USD? I don't remember.) I'll gladly pay 12 for 4 games!

... And watch my bank account wither and die.
    It was $5. I just checked and I bought it. I really should have held off as it's pretty low on my list right now.

I'd probably have jumped on this mostly for AssCred and FC2 if I hadn't done that. Now I have to look at the other two games and see if they look fun.

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Just making sure it's accused of the many crimes it actually committed rather than false charges.

I suppose it was inevitable. When you're dealing with a singleplayer game that was released a while ago, either the thread eventually dies or it becomes decidedly odd-ball and cliquey.

subedii on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sometimes I wander into the BioWare threads here because I figured they may have some info I'd like to know, and I always end up feeling I need a long, long shower with an epidermis-murdering piece of steel wool.

I only take solice in that PA is generally more sane than a lot of other places on the intarwebs. A forum for a comic which makes jokes about sucking horse cock.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    Death_ClawDeath_Claw Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Awesome weekend deal.

Ok of the 4 the only I had an interest was Vegas 2, but if it got discounted I would probably buy Assasin's Creed. Only heard bad things about Farcry 2 and never really had any interest/read anything about Call of Juarez, but come on it´s like $3.25 each! Who could pass that up???

Death_Claw on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks to previous sales I already own 3/4 of that pack. Too bad the individual games aren't discounted.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I kind of want to try Assassins Creed, but I don't have much interest in the other games. I guess I would just consider it 35% off with three free bonus games.

jackal on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow that weekend deal looks pretty awesome. I've played FC2 a little and enjoyed parts of it despite the flaws, but I've never played any of the others. Still... $12 dollars? Saving for a car makes me want to save every cent.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Assassin's Creed is an OK beginning to an awesome series.

SteevL on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I havent tried spacechem demo yet but I already know I have to buy it

juuuust waiting for the sale

Alegis on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SteevL wrote: »

Yeah, I had it for the XBox 360 and was underwhelmed. Not by the story, but more of the control scheme. "What do you mean there's no jump button". I eventually just traded it in after not really giving it a fair shot. I've been playing 2 a lot though (in prep for the PC release of AC:B), and while it is frustrating sometime, the mechanic is fairly sound. At least sound enough for me to get comfortable with it.

Decoy on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do you like to optimize production? Does seeking elegant solutions for science and industry intrigue you?

Would you like to know more?

Then SpaceChem is looking for you!

I could not care less about the Ubi pack, but I am barely restraining myself from dropping fifteen bucks on SpaceChem. And I mean barely. If I hadn't already spent more than I should have on Steam this week, it wouldn't even be an issue. That said, this is a pretty meaty demo that shows off some really thoughtful and well done puzzle gameplay. With killer music and fun art that is clean and functional. The interface is a jewel too. You can even automatically upload your solutions to your Youtube account.

Soon. I will have this very soon.

edit: Happy Woggle?

Drake on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Soooo....

How the fuck do I transfer some saved games?

I don't even really want to copy over all of my games, just the saves for when/if I reinstall them. Backup seems like not what I actually want to do.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Woah, Dead Space 2 is $40 already? Nice. Still holding off, but if I weren't achievement whoring in HL2 and looking over my backlog a little (as I've been reminded to by you fine folks), that'd be seriously tempting.

Depending on how much I plow through on my vacation next week, might just have to make it a birthday present for myself.

OH SHIT I SAID THE B WORD! NO, NOT THE MASKGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Soooo....

How the fuck do I transfer some saved games?

I don't even really want to copy over all of my games, just the saves for when/if I reinstall them. Backup seems like not what I actually want to do.

It's game dependent. Most games nowadays pick a folder inside My Documents and parks their stuff there. Uncommonly, they may use the user roaming applications data folder. Some of the ones that just don't give a fuck will save right in their Steam folders (Source games notably). Like two games ever uses the actual Vista/7 Saved Games folder.

At any rate, the Steam backup function will only store the data needed to restore and run the game, not the saves. This sort of developer retardo inconsistency is why Steam Cloud is a godsend.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Forar wrote: »
    Woah, Dead Space 2 is $40 already? Nice. Still holding off, but if I weren't achievement whoring in HL2 and looking over my backlog a little (as I've been reminded to by you fine folks), that'd be seriously tempting.

Depending on how much I plow through on my vacation next week, might just have to make it a birthday present for myself.

OH SHIT I SAID THE B WORD! NO, NOT THE MASKGRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Yeah, I picked it up earlier today because of the price drop. And a mere hour later I get a tweet from EA Flash Deals saying that if enough people "like" certain links on their facebook page, there going to sell DS2 even cheaper tomorrow. Most of their deals are around 50% off. So if they go by the new $40 price tag and enough people "like" their links, you could potentially (if average % off stands) get the game for around $20.

Oh, and the DS2 I bought an hour before the announcement isn't available for refunds. Hah.

Edit: I posted this in the DS2 thread as well. If they do sell it at that price, I'll try and post it in time. That shit goes fast. I know it's not through Steam, but if youre not tied to it, then you can get it for that.

Decoy on
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So did anyone already mention that Amnesia is currently half off on Steam? Anyone who doesn't already own that shit, and likes to scream like a little girl at their own shadow, needs to buy that game.

Dourin on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ebotastic wrote: »
    I'm not sure about a Steam TV mode. I've hooked up a computer to my TV before, and at my viewing distance the only games that were really playable was stuff that basically already ran at a tiny native resolution like Peggle. I don't think altering Steam's interface is going to get around that. Developers and publishers would have to get on board with making games that had support for long viewing distances.

Have you tried sitting closer to your TV? The viewing distance with which to gain the full benefit of high resolution can be surprisingly close to the television.

"Move your couch" isn't really a good solution to the problem of PC interfaces not being designed for TV viewing angles. I have a 37" TV placed at 8', which is well within optimal recommendations for basically any measurement except the ones THX provide. If I have to rearrange my room and put my couch all up in my entertainment center's business to make Gabe Newell's new free time domination pipe dream feasible, then I'll just stay over here at my computer desk.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ebotastic wrote: »
    I'm not sure about a Steam TV mode. I've hooked up a computer to my TV before, and at my viewing distance the only games that were really playable was stuff that basically already ran at a tiny native resolution like Peggle. I don't think altering Steam's interface is going to get around that. Developers and publishers would have to get on board with making games that had support for long viewing distances.

Have you tried sitting closer to your TV? The viewing distance with which to gain the full benefit of high resolution can be surprisingly close to the television.

"Move your couch" isn't really a good solution to the problem of PC interfaces not being designed for TV viewing angles. I have a 37" TV placed at 8', which is well within optimal recommendations for basically any measurement except the ones THX provide. If I have to rearrange my room and put my couch all up in my entertainment center's business to make Gabe Newell's new free time domination pipe dream feasible, then I'll just stay over here at my computer desk.

I will admit I haven't actually read the announcement because my TV is bloody abysmal compared to any of several computer screens in my house, so please disregard all of this if this is marketed at PC games, but:

Why is everyone thinking this is in order to play PC games on your TV? This seems to me like it's for playing console ports, which everyone seems to agree are abundant, while using a gamepad of some sort. In other words, it's making it very easy to play console games like they're on a console, except at steamy prices.

Also, couch co-op. Wouldn't local magicka games with friends be better piped through the TV than trying to cluster four of you around the computer?

Personally (if I had a worthy TV) I'd use this for anything I wanted to play with a gamepad and/or play local single-screen multiplayer, and use the computer for anything where I wanted to play KB&M.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, someone tell me about painkiller redemption. Why is it so cheap? Is it just crap?

Casual on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Casual wrote: »
    So, someone tell me about painkiller redemption. Why is it so cheap? Is it just crap?

Yes.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Frankly, its really an endless cycle of:

Something that was awesome in 1 and 2
    Someone wants see it improved in 3
    Someone says Bioware will probably screw it up
    Kill a batarian
    Tal point out how wrong we are
    Someone posts obscene fan art
    Someone edits fan art so its just a link
    editWe recoil in horror at the Bioware forums
    A new level of Tali obsession is discovered
    Kill a batarian
    Something that was awesome in 1 and 2
    lets see it improved in 3
    Kill a batarian
    Bioware will probably screw it up
    Tal point out how wrong we are
    I post a massive short story explaining something awesome I think should happen
    Kill a batarian
    Tal calls someone a herectic

Kill a batarian
    Kill a batarian
    Kill a batarian
    Kill a batarian
    Kill a batarian
    Kill a batarian
    Kill a batarian
    Explain new ways to kill a batarian

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not enough killing the Batarians.

Drake on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Decoy wrote: »

Yeah, I had it for the XBox 360 and was underwhelmed. Not by the story, but more of the control scheme. "What do you mean there's no jump button". I eventually just traded it in after not really giving it a fair shot. I've been playing 2 a lot though (in prep for the PC release of AC:B), and while it is frustrating sometime, the mechanic is fairly sound. At least sound enough for me to get comfortable with it.

There has always been a jump button in it though. Double tapping the sprint button while holding run makes you jump.

It's a horribly ineffective jump and only used in one part of AC2 out of all the games so far, but it's always been there.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wh-why would you ever need to jump like that in the game? i guess to grab an overhead beam or something?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know, if the Batarians aren't as big assholes as you all say, I will be sorely disappointed.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    -Loki- wrote: »

There has always been a jump button in it though. Double tapping the sprint button while holding run makes you jump.

It's a horribly ineffective jump and only used in one part of AC2 out of all the games so far, but it's always been there.

Hah. Sorry, let me rephrase. There's not 1 button press that corresponds to a jump like in almost every other game. Having to quickly hit a button twice while holding another button down, to me, doesn't scream good design. Then again, once you get used to the Al or Ez just magically knowing when to jump, it's not so bad.

Nappuccino wrote: »
    wh-why would you ever need to jump like that in the game? i guess to grab an overhead beam or something?

Like I said above, I wasn't used to games where the character knows to just magically jump, making the platforming easy mode. After getting used to it, it's fine though.

Decoy on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Huh, Medal of Honor is $15 on impulse. Worth it?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Like I said above, I wasn't used to games where the character knows to just magically jump, making the platforming easy mode. After getting used to it, it's fine though.

No, i mean, i don't get why the designers put in the jump button because all the jumping you ever need to do (usually) doesn't need a special jump button. It seems superfluous especially because it isn't exactly a convenien one button jump

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mafia II needs to go on sale somewhere reputable, dammit.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Mafia II needs to go on sale somewhere reputable, dammit.

It was on sale on steam like 3 times

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

No, i mean, i don't get why the designers put in the jump button because all the jumping you ever need to do (usually) doesn't need a special jump button. It seems superfluous especially because it isn't exactly a convenien one button jump

Ah, ok. Yeah. Sorry, it's late and I didn't read that how it was supposed to come out.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Ah, ok. Yeah. Sorry, it's late and I didn't read that how it was supposed to come out.

Its all good- i wasn't really specific in that comment :)

Nappuccino on

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Casual wrote: »

Yes.

Is it really not worth $5 bad?

Casual on