As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yo Momma So U[Glee] She...

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    A little more exploration of Emma would be nice.

Coach Sylvester not being a completely overblown cartoon would be even moreso.

We see so little of people's home lives this season, yet family is such a rich source of potential drama - one that almost every viewer can relate to. "Rumors" fell flat for me because I just don't care about that kind of crap anymore. High school rumor mill? That was nearly a decade ago for me.

As an alternative, consider this: I know the series has been pushing gay a little hard already, but imagine if Karofsky came out to his seemingly reasonable dad, and in contrast to how accepting adults have been of Kurt, Karof's dad turned out to be a raging, full-on homophobe. The pain of not being accepted by the person you're supposed to trust to accept you the most is a hurt many of us can empathize with.

I'd watch that over another Rumors any day of the week.

But we've met Karofsky's dad, and he's super reasonable.

You might want to re-read what I wrote.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm still surprised Terri didn't turn out pregnant after Will's illness and the resulting sexytime. Right now Terri's the best bet for a villain that the show can bring in since everybody else is more cartoony than she is. I remember lamenting just how outlandish her behavior was in the first half of season 1, and now she's more grounded than any other member of the cast.

Regardless it feels like everything happens in a vaccuum and it's starting to get a little irritating. Didn't Sue punch out the Governor's wife in front of hundreds of people? And nothing?

Taramoor on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SammyF wrote: »
    Kurt would be fine if he wasn't pulling the weight of the entire show. Last season Quinn's pregnancy and Rachel search for her birth mom gave the show a little more balance, but now it's just Kurt's feeling alienated and everyone else in the group falling into an endless array of love triangles.

Yes.

All of the characters this past season could generally be broken down into one of the following three categories:

1. Gay or Bi.
    2. Boring.
    3. Sue Sylvester.

I came here to bitch about the same thing. This show needs less relationship drama.

On a completely separate note a friend of mine came up with a episode idea that could have some promise. Have an episode follow the piano guy around and do the entire show from his perspective.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kurt would be fine if he wasn't pulling the weight of the entire show. Last season Quinn's pregnancy and Rachel search for her birth mom gave the show a little more balance, but now it's just Kurt's feeling alienated and everyone else in the group falling into an endless array of love triangles.

Yes.

All of the characters this past season could generally be broken down into one of the following three categories:

1. Gay or Bi.
    2. Boring.
    3. Sue Sylvester.

I came here to bitch about the same thing. This show needs less relationship drama.

On a completely separate note a friend of mine came up with a episode idea that could have some promise. Have an episode follow the piano guy around and do the entire show from his perspective.

They've unfortunately shot their wad as far as the song selection for this hypothetical episode would go, having already used Piano Man for a duet between Schue and Neil Patrick Harris.

Also, I desperately wanted the piano guy to be drowning at the bottom of his eight pint of beer and drunkenly singing along during that scene.

SammyF on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Yes.

1. Gay or Bi.
    2. Boring.
    3. Sue Sylvester.

They've unfortunately shot their wad as far as the song selection for this hypothetical episode would go, having already used Piano Man for a duet between Schue and Neil Patrick Harris.

Also, I desperately wanted the piano guy to be drowning at the bottom of his eight pint of beer and drunkenly singing along during that scene.

An episode that follows Brad around. Sort of like the "Wilson" or "Cuddy" episodes of House that were, well, pretty awesome.

Doesn't need "Piano Man".

Taramoor on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My favorite Brad joke was when Santana sang "Songbird" to Brittany.

Santana: "It's just you and me here."
    Brittany: "What about him?"
    Santana: "He's furniture."

silence1186 on
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I guess the whole idea of a cartoon villain in this show is kind of strange to me. It's high school in a town that isn't that well off. You'd think shit would be enough of a challenge without having to add a villain that is constantly trying to destroy them in a cartoony way. I think I would prefer it if Sue was more like Dwight's character in The Office. Every once in a while, he is the enemy, but mostly his purpose is to be there, say ridiculous and humorous things, occasionally burst out of that bubble to be poignant in some way, but mostly just keep on trucking. When she goes full mustachio'd villain or outright criminal, it always goes to a weird place.

The Kurt stuff is actually a good example of what they should be doing with every character, but Ryan Murphy seems to have little idea for really getting into the other kids' challenges besides dealing with homosexuality or pregnancy. Defining a character by his homosexuality doesn't entirely sit right with me, but I'm willing to be OK with this because there's actually some development in the midst of it. Basically, it seems they only focus on a couple of major things about the characters a season. Every time they tries to go a little into other stuff, he does like this hit and run tactic where, before we actually get to anything deep about the subject (Sam's new situation, Mercedes's bodies issues, Finn having lost his dad, Puck's delinquency,) episodes over and we're onto the next hit and run thing. They focused on Artie's disability as well, but the whole point of Artie's character is that he's not supposed to be defined by his disability, but that's the only depth we have to that character.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's weird that there hasn't been an episode about Artie trying to get people to take his rapping seriously.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's weird that there hasn't been any further use (or mention) of that exoskeleton thing Artie got early this season.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's weird that there hasn't been any further use (or mention) of that exoskeleton thing Artie got early this season.

Yeah, but it'd be all super awkward because Coach Biest wouldn't be able to look at him straight in the eye because otherwise he might realize that she was the one who WHY HAS COACH BIEST DISAPPEARED FROM THIS SHOW?

SammyF on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Yeah, but it'd be all super awkward because Coach Biest wouldn't be able to look at him straight in the eye because otherwise he might realize that she was the one who WHY HAS COACH BIEST DISAPPEARED FROM THIS SHOW?

I don't know. Biest is one of the better characters.

e: Well, actually, isn't football season over?

Dac on
  • Options
    AeolusdallasAeolusdallas Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

e: Well, actually, isn't football season over?

She was on not too many episodes ago

Aeolusdallas on
  • Options
    ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's weird that there hasn't been an episode about Artie trying to get people to take his rapping seriously.

Well, it's better than Will's rapping.
    Yes, this calls for an MC Battle between them.

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The four auditions songs were ok, but none of them were really catchy or grabbing. The Charlie and the Chocolate Factory song was good though.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So was the finale tonight or was it just a new episode? Totally forgot Glee was on tonight.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pretty sure Nationals will be the Finale.

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • Options
    SparserLogicSparserLogic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just a new episode.

I liked this episode, Jane really brought it.

Good to see them finally start to close the love triangle off a bit, they've spent way too long dragging it out.

SparserLogic on
  • Options
    GospreyGosprey Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    For what its worth, I reckon Santana won the comp.

Gosprey on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited May 2011
    Just a new episode.

Good to see them finally start to close the love triangle off a bit, they've spent way too long dragging it out.
    Meh. They're moving from the quinn-rachel-finn triangle to jesse-finn-rachel and it's all the same torrid nonsense.

Whippy on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wonder if they're setting up to replace Will and Sue with new characters next season. It wouldn't be much of a stretch considering what happened this episode.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I'm guessing Quinn will sabotage their performance?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Just a new episode.

Meh. They're moving from the quinn-rachel-finn triangle to jesse-finn-rachel and it's all the same torrid nonsense.
    I don't see it going that way. They were pretty explicit in showing Finn when she was singing her big audition song, I suspect they are just fucking with us for this one ep before clearing everything up in the finale.

SparserLogic on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm not gonna lie guys, I thought that episode was fantastic.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I thought the episode was alright. All the songs made sense in context, which is something I prefer. I'm a little disappointed to hear they're going back to original songs. I thought the original songs from regional were very ho hum. I guess they like not having to worry about the royalties though.

devCharles on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2011

Kurt Russell probably landed a movie gig.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Mmmm, meh? It was ok. I liked knowing all the places in New York though.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Good enough. /whipcrack

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I had an hour of weather news interrupting Glee. Anyone mind giving me a recap?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    cyphrcyphr Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kyougu wrote: »
    So I had an hour of weather news interrupting Glee. Anyone mind giving me a recap?
    Dianna Agron's new hair was the highlight of the episode.
    dianna_agron-.jpg

<3

cyphr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    If next season involves Finn/Rachel breaking up and getting back together again I will punch somebody in the face.

I am glad that they aren't letting the Glee team walk right into Nationals and win right away. The fact that there is some challenge in their competitions is making me happy.

A lot of other people seem to be arguing for making everything more serious and focusing on other peoples' drama besides Kurt, but I prefer when the show is more like a cartoon. I like the insane episodes that are about the comedy and the songs. A lot of the time the drama comes off as heavy handed, plus those episodes have lots of Broadway songs and I don't care about those.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    cyphr wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Dianna Agron's new hair was the highlight of the episode.
    dianna_agron-.jpg

<3

Short hair <3<3<3<3

Dac on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The best part of that episode was the green dress they had Santana walking around in in the beginning.

Artereis on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Magell wrote: »
    If next season involves Finn/Rachel breaking up and getting back together again I will punch somebody in the face.

I am glad that they aren't letting the Glee team walk right into Nationals and win right away. The fact that there is some challenge in their competitions is making me happy.

This. They are going to be seniors this next season, right? I heard rumor that they would be phasing in some new people so when the cast "graduates" they don't have to end the show or do some stupid "we all go to the same college" shtick.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well Rachel, Kurt, and Blaine will probably end up in New York. Will there be a Glee: The College/Unemployed Years?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I gotta say, Santana
    losing her shit made me crack up.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Magell wrote: »
    A lot of other people seem to be arguing for making everything more serious and focusing on other peoples' drama besides Kurt, but I prefer when the show is more like a cartoon. I like the insane episodes that are about the comedy and the songs. A lot of the time the drama comes off as heavy handed, plus those episodes have lots of Broadway songs and I don't care about those.

I wouldn't mind if they went in a more dramatic direction if I had faith they could handle a dramatic direction that wasn't directly in the show creator's wheelhouse.

I'm just holding out hope that they'll return to the type of show that was presented in the pilot, but I understand that's a pretty lost cause.

devCharles on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Good feelings from this episode.

Glad they seem to be moving past a lot of the old drama.

Also those original songs were a big step up from regionals. In addition I really loved the Wicked performance.

4/5 L's

SparserLogic on
  • Options
    As a heads up, this is back next week (9/20).

• Options
    Anyone watch any of the Glee Project? It reminded me of what's good about Glee. They had one performance a week that was in the silly music video format that we've seen Glee left turn into right after the pilot, but most of the performances were live, which added a ton of depth. Less blatantly dubbed musical performances could be a great step. Mixing in some non-studio recorded, mastered, packaged songs could bring back the whole concept where this is a Glee club that doesn't have the resources of a pop star.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Great Tom Jones cover. Wow.

E: Pretty much good the whole way through.

silence1186 on