As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    This is the creepiest shit. Making a sex clone of Marge is a line the show should.not cross.

I thought you didn't watch the show? :P

I know, I know, but years ago, when you said you were stopping watching the show, you said people should hold you to it. So I am.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    This is the creepiest shit. Making a sex clone of Marge is a line the show should.not cross.

I thought you didn't watch the show? :P

I know, I know, but years ago, when you said you were stopping watching the show, you said people should hold you to it. So I am.
    I've never said that but whatever.

The last time I saw Artie Ziff in an episode he bought a date with Marge from Homer to recreate their prom night so Homer could get a surgery for sleep apnea. It ends with him spying on her from a hidden camera. That was bad but I figured we'd never see him again. This is just fucked

Edit- I assume this is a treehouse segment but thats no excuse

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Weird that they pulled the Michael Jackson episode but not the 4 episodes so far that flash back to it lol

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    At least the Lisa b-plot was clever/funny.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Weird that they pulled the Michael Jackson episode but not the 4 episodes so far that flash back to it lol

And the sequel that I just found out about on the Talking Simpsons podcast

King Riptor on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    We already knew this was coming, but now it's confirmed

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Good call. Now the question is whether the show staff have the guts to bring Apu back at all.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    King Riptor on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Good call. Now the question is whether the show staff have the guts to bring Apu back at all.

I am betting no. "Thank you, don't come again!"

• Options

Uh. When did Mike Reiss confirm this?

• Options

Ask Bob? Mike has done interviews for talking Simpsons before and neither host is one to just randomly make this up.

• Options

Ask Bob? Mike has done interviews for talking Simpsons before and neither host is one to just randomly make this up.

So... there's not a direct source of Reiss saying that?

• Options
    In other news, Loren Bouchard unveiled his new series for Apple TV:

apple_tv__central_park_first_look.jpg

The series focuses on a family that lives in a castle in Central Park, though an heiress wants to tear it down to build condos. Apparently it's also extremely musical. And holy shit, the cast: Josh Gad, Daveed Diggs, Leslie Odom Jr., Kristen Bell, Tituss Burgess, Kathryn Hahn and Stanley Tucci.

And apparently Bouchard has already annoyed people by having two characters voice women, and Bell's character is mixed-race.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    It's voice acting. Male / Female often voice Female / Male and race often doesn't matter. Are we going to tell Phil LaMarr he can't play Barry Allen? Because he does. Do they have to recast Bart Simpson as a male child actor?

• Options

So... there's not a direct source of Reiss saying that?

Bob is the source. Its not my job to fact check but he was a journalist for like 15 years so he definitely would have

• Options

And apparently Bouchard has already annoyed people by having two characters voice women, and Bell's character is mixed-race.

Have they never watched an episode of Bob's Burgers?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    I'm wary, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think the musical episodes are Bob's Burgers' strong suit.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I don't even know what to say to that.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I don't even know what to say to that.

Yell "Heresy!" and point an accusatory finger at flamebroiledchicken?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    I'm wary, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think the musical episodes are Bob's Burgers' strong suit.

I get that the simpsons songs get a lot of mixed reactions too.
    Youre wrong of course but I get it

• Options
    Yet another animated thing's coming to Fox this month. Duncanville is produced by Amy Pohler (who also stars) and Mike and Jean Scully, so maybe it'll be good? Though the trailer seems like it's trying way too hard. At any rate:

https://youtu.be/NTNnouC60ho

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I watched every episode of Bob's Burgers on Netflix and I still don't know if I like it. I like the youngest daughter all the time, but everything else is hit or miss.

• Options
    This Sunday's episode of The Simpsons will roast the Marvel movies, and presumably the corporate machine running them. The Russo brothers will play execs pissed off at Bart for spoiling an upcoming movie, and Kevin Feige will play, uh, "Chinnos."

• Options
    swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Yet another animated thing's coming to Fox this month. Duncanville is produced by Amy Pohler (who also stars) and Mike and Jean Scully, so maybe it'll be good? Though the trailer seems like it's trying way too hard. At any rate:

I thought Duncanville E1 was hilarious. Maybe my love of Amy Poehler is blinding me but...yeah, I'm excited for more.

swaylow on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Nosf wrote: »
    I watched every episode of Bob's Burgers on Netflix and I still don't know if I like it. I like the youngest daughter all the time, but everything else is hit or miss.

It's so weird how the show stands heavily in family friendly territory, and then BAM B plot of the kids being at the mothers hosted sex toy party. I love the show, the constant film references and jokes are amazing. I look forward to an episode every year where bob gets accidentally shitfaced and hilarity ensues, and the thanksgiving episode that is inevitably cursed somehow.

edit: I'm a big fan of the series and the songs can definitely be hit or miss. I feel like they were a lot stronger earlier on. Getting Cindy Lauper to parody her own goonies song was awesome.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I remember exclaiming, "What the fuck‽" when I saw Cindy Lauper in the credits

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    swaylow wrote: »

I thought Duncanville E1 was hilarious. Maybe my love of Amy Poehler is blinding me but...yeah, I'm excited for more.

The incest jokes were weird

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    It begins

• Options
    edited February 2020
    It begins

Or rather it begins for a second time, since the first theatrical Maggie short, "The Longest Daycare," came out in 2012 in front of one of the many Ice Age movies. It was really good if I'm remembering right.

It's possible this thing was in development before the Disney merger.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Saw the new Maggie short. It was really good! Sweet and sarcastic in equal measure.

• Options
    orangemo8orangemo8 Registered User regular
    Why is no one talking about the new animated shows Bless the Harts and Duncanville?

• Options
    We have totally real person.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I actually like Bless the Harts!

It's weird but it has heart. It's a more rough around the edges version of King of the Hill.

They even shop at Mega Lo Mart!

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

It's weird but it has heart. It's a more rough around the edges version of King of the Hill.

Its so ugly and it seems like Kristen Wig just wanted an excuse to sing country rock every other episode

• Options
    Yeah. I know I'm one to talk since The Simpsons was the first "it's so ugly!" show, but man, I'm having a hard time getting past the design of Harts.

Then again I had the same complaint about Bob's Burgers, and I really dig the show now.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Which reminds me -- it's a little weird that the Bob's Burgers movie is coming out in just four months, but we haven't seen a trailer for it yet. And yes, Disney's reconfirmed that they're still releasing it. Guess the Disney regime isn't the biggest fans. Though in that case, wouldn't they want to move it out of the prime July spot? Just plain weird.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

Mega-lo-Memories will have a sequel episode next season. Upcoming episodes are on our wiki now.

bless-the-harts.wikia.com/wiki/Episode Guide

• Options
    Yeah. I know I'm one to talk since The Simpsons was the first "it's so ugly!" show, but man, I'm having a hard time getting past the design of Harts.

Then again I had the same complaint about Bob's Burgers, and I really dig the show now.

Season 2 of Harts will probably have more refined art designs. The first three are holdovers from season 1 but the rest should be more refined.

Duncanville has really low live ratings on Fox. This is not including Canadian CityTV ratings, international syndication deals through Comcast, and Hulu streaming numbers (Duncanville is one of Hulu's most popular to stream), all of which have a factor in deciding whether Duncanville gets S2.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    @orangemo8 , I'm curious, who are you?
    I mean, in relation to these shows, not any personal information.
    You refer to the wiki as "our wiki". You also seem to have some inside knowledge of the show regarding ratings and unaired episodes and a vested interest in driving conversation of the shows.

So, if it's not risking violating NDAs or something, who are you?