As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Harts looks like it was designed using Bitmoji characters

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    orangemo8orangemo8 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    @orangemo8 , I'm curious, who are you?
    I mean, in relation to these shows, not any personal information.
    You refer to the wiki as "our wiki". You also seem to have some inside knowledge of the show regarding ratings and unaired episodes and a vested interest in driving conversation of the shows.

So, if it's not risking violating NDAs or something, who are you?

Okay so along with a few others, I edit at FANDOM. Us at FANDOM are just fans who find information and put it on the wiki for fans to read. And I like all the shows on Fox. My favorite is Bob's Burgers.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Which reminds me -- it's a little weird that the Bob's Burgers movie is coming out in just four months, but we haven't seen a trailer for it yet. And yes, Disney's reconfirmed that they're still releasing it. Guess the Disney regime isn't the biggest fans. Though in that case, wouldn't they want to move it out of the prime July spot? Just plain weird.

I wonder if theyre gonna just put it on hulu last minute? I thought it was out like next year this isnt great news

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Which reminds me -- it's a little weird that the Bob's Burgers movie is coming out in just four months, but we haven't seen a trailer for it yet. And yes, Disney's reconfirmed that they're still releasing it. Guess the Disney regime isn't the biggest fans. Though in that case, wouldn't they want to move it out of the prime July spot? Just plain weird.

I wonder if theyre gonna just put it on hulu last minute? I thought it was out like next year this isnt great news

I think it will be in movie theatres but if not probably direct-to-video or Hulu.

• Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Bob's Burgers is such a low-key show that I'm not convinced it lends itself well to the feature film format. But then again, I'm the guy who doesn't like the musical episodes, so feel free to ignore me.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

This was in front of Onward when we went to see it this last weekend. It was a little weird and I felt uncomfortable that a baby was doing romance stuff. Also without her bow Maggie is just a tiny Lisa. The animation itself looked great though.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Who the hell knows. I mean, New Mutants is getting a semi-promoted theatrical release, and it would have been so easy to bury it due to ego or Fox's mixed Marvel record.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I feel like New Mutants was suppose to release years ago.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    It was. It got shelved for quite a while.
    Bucketman wrote: »

This was in front of Onward when we went to see it this last weekend. It was a little weird and I felt uncomfortable that a baby was doing romance stuff. Also without her bow Maggie is just a tiny Lisa. The animation itself looked great though.

That baby is 30 years old! Leave the house already Maggie!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Harts and Duncanville both look dumb as hell. I gave the first episode of Duncanville a shot but I could not get into it. Both shows seem to be targeting my un-coolest aunt's sense of humor.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »

She can't, she's a millennial, she can't afford her own place.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

Actually if she was born 10 years after Bart going by their sliding timescale she was currently born sometime in the 2000s

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Harts and Duncanville both look dumb as hell. I gave the first episode of Duncanville a shot but I could not get into it. Both shows seem to be targeting my un-coolest aunt's sense of humor.

Bless the Harts got a season 2 order. Give the actual pilot (Can’t Get There from Here) a shot. And Bless the Harts is aimed mostly at a specific audience. But I’d take them anyday over a modern Family Guy episode.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Glal wrote: »

Actually if she was born 10 years after Bart going by their sliding timescale she was currently born sometime in the 2000s

In the sliding timeline, Homer and Marge are now in that technically-millennial age group that's functionally junior members of generation X who grew up with rotary wall phones and duck and cover drills at school and all that but adopted the internet as teenagers back in the early days of the September That Never Ended.

Hard to think I'm officially older than Homer now when this show came on when I was in, what, first grade? Late edit: Ran across one of the older origin retcons on FXX today, apparently I'm still a bit behind Homer. I thought he was 36, but apparently he's currently 39. That still makes him technically-a-millennial.

Hevach on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    orangemo8 wrote: »

Bless the Harts got a season 2 order. Give the actual pilot (Can’t Get There from Here) a shot. And Bless the Harts is aimed mostly at a specific audience. But I’d take them anyday over a modern Family Guy episode.

I see you put the bar below-ground.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The commercials for Duncanville just make it look terrible, and Amy Poehler seems to have not even changed her voice for Duncan.

• Options

Family Guy is just okay now.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The commercials for Duncanville just make it look terrible, and Amy Poehler seems to have not even changed her voice for Duncan.

I actually like Duncanville it’s better than the long running Simpsons and Family Guy

• Options

The recent season of family guy is pretty boring. And if they are gonna give me a Trump Guy episode this season as one of their last five then this still stands.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    THe love episode was great though. Not all of it, but the Inspector Gadget theme tune broke me for a solid 5 minutes, and then when Lois was fighting Lois and he mistook it for a threesome.

I just wish the writers weren't so bitter. I don't see how you could pull off an episode like when Peter died and he went back in time to remember his relationship with Lois and it was all family friendly good time fun. They've both now had multiple open affairs and hate each other. Bonnie and Joe hate each other. Everyone hates Meg all the time. Even Brian has just become a stereotypical liberal in name only who just uses what works for him. It's just mean spirited.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    THe love episode was great though. Not all of it, but the Inspector Gadget theme tune broke me for a solid 5 minutes, and then when Lois was fighting Lois and he mistook it for a threesome.

I just wish the writers weren't so bitter. I don't see how you could pull off an episode like when Peter died and he went back in time to remember his relationship with Lois and it was all family friendly good time fun. They've both now had multiple open affairs and hate each other. Bonnie and Joe hate each other. Everyone hates Meg all the time. Even Brian has just become a stereotypical liberal in name only who just uses what works for him. It's just mean spirited.

Yes! Heart Burn was the show’s best. Inspector Gadget song was funny as shit. Okay and I wish they made Meg an actual character. She’s a lot better than Chris is (seriously he can’t hold an episode thank god he’s limited recently). The mean-spirited comedy is a staple in all shows like American Dad, Rick and Morty, Simpsons, and South Park. Even Duncanville to an extent. The only shows I’ve seen never mean-spirited are Bob’s Burgers and Bless the Harts.

Worst episode of family guy season 18 was easily Yacht Rocky. I was about to
    give it like a B+ but then that shitty ending made me drop it to a C. Seriously that was some lazy shit. Short Cuts and Baby Stewie also aren’t great either.

orangemo8 on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Mean spirited comedy is fine but I think in fg its bitter, it's like pure hatred for meg. And Peter and lois are kind gone that way too.

And yeah, the magically solved endings are lazy. The kool aid guy smashing through the boat would've been better than just magically back in the house.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Every once in an absolute blue moon, the "Shut up Meg" joke comes out of absolute nowhere and is pretty dang funny. Like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gervpdYIUs

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Every once in an absolute blue moon, the "Shut up Meg" joke comes out of absolute nowhere and is pretty dang funny. Like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gervpdYIUs

Okay that one was funny

• Options
    edited March 2020
    So the Fox cartoons are going on a 3 week break and will return April 19 with new episodes. Finale for all is May 17, 2020! At this point, we will get the new Fall 2020 schedule for Fox Sunday, as well as their other days if you watch their other shows as well.

Simpsons - The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - YABF13 (or TS3013 according to foxflash)

Maggie becomes depressed after Marge won't let her play with another baby which she has a crush on (this builds on from the Playdate with Destiny cartoon short played with Onward in movie theatres). Mr. Burns, jealous of Cletus' new success with helium, assigns Homer to sabotage his success.

Note: This was a holdover from last season which was supposed to air last year.

Duncanville - Jack's Pipe Dream - 1LAZ07 (or DUN107 according to foxflash)

When business becomes slow, Jack closes his plumbing business to become a rockstar, which Duncan and Kimberly support so they can get their dates to go with them to a free concert, while Annie tries to bring Jack back to reality by sabotaging his career.

Bob's Burgers - Tappy Tappy Tappy Tap Tap Tap - 9ASA18 (or BOB918 according to foxflash)

Tina suspects sabotage when a boy is injured on stage while performing.

Family Guy - Start me Up - JACX16 (or FG1716 according to foxflash)

Peter is assigned to work from home after creating liability at the brewery, while Brian, Chris, and Stewie host a fake fundraiser to pay for damages that the latter two caused to a store.

orangemo8 on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I don't know if anything has ever made me feel older than the phrase, "Family Guy season 18".

• Options
    I don't know if anything has ever made me feel older than the phrase, "Family Guy season 18".

Why?

• Options
    Disney moved a bunch of movie dates around, and they remembered Bob’s Burgers: it’s April 9, 2021 now.

In what’s a reassuring sign for Bob’s Burgers, it got a date and New Mutants didn’t. (Not a great sign for New Mutants, of course.)

http://thr.cm/3SdmBO5

• Options
    edited April 2020
    April 26th schedule has been revealed

8pm - Simpsons - Warrin’ Priests (Part 1) - TS-3112 or ZABF12

Reverend Lovejoy explores his mysterious past.

8:30pm - Duncanville - Judge Annie - DUN-108 or 1LAZ08

Annie gets her own court show.

9pm - Bob’s Burgers - The Handyman Can - BOB-919 or 9ASA19

The kids help Teddy build his confidence.

9:30pm - Family Guy - Coma Guy - FG-1707 or JACX07

Peter falls into a coma.

orangemo8 on
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited April 2020

Why?

18 seasons means a series has been running probably for 18 years by now. If you started watching the show when it was new, that means that an entire childhood's worth of time as passed with the length of the show. That is a long time.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular

Why?

There's some part of my brain that still thinks of Family Guy as a 'new' show. Hearing that it's in its 18th season causes a bit of, "But wait, that means ... Oh". That's all.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

Why?

Because it was in its first season and quite popular to quote amongst myself and my immature-ass teenage friends when I was in high school. That was eons ago.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Try being someone who watched s1 of Simpson's as a kid.

Simpson's is old enough to have its own teenager

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

I read somewhere that the Simpsons show us now older than Homer's official age.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

The show will be 31 years old this December. I think Homer is supposed to be somewhere mid 30's. So it's not older... but it's certainly in the damn ballpark.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

The show will be 31 years old this December. I think Homer is supposed to be somewhere mid 30's. So it's not older... but it's certainly in the damn ballpark.

Homer’s anywhere from 34-41. And believe it or not, most of the changes happened during the golden age.

• Options

Homer’s anywhere from 34-41. And believe it or not, most of the changes happened during the golden age.

Wiki says it's anywhere from 34 to 40, depending on the season. So yeah, given all the rewriting and shit they've done over the years, it's whatever. :)

Alternatively:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t28ZB1t6gg8

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I remember when I realized that there were people voting who had never known a world without The Simpsons.
    Now, they've got children nearly old enough to vote.

• Options
    OmnibusOmnibus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

I was nine when the first season started. I now have a 17 year old daughter. So yea...

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!