Options

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i've been running with 1-2 barrage/crit R/P, 1 para (usually barrage+command since i don't have many P skills yet), MM of some sort, spirit spammer, ER prot, 1-2 necro, one SS, one N/Rt healer.

what i'm trying to do is figure out how/where to fit in some hex removal, i'm trying to get it on my paragon, i need to go cap expel hexes though. and i need to get the good Mesmer elites. i don't have panic, ineptitude, psychic instability, or tease. outside of that, the only skill i think i need to go cap is AotL.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    you don't need expel hexes

just grab hex eater signet, stick it on your MM or other Necros, done

hex removal is best covered by heroes in the following ways:

Hex Eater Signet x 1 (or 2 if you're really nervous)
    Peace and Harmony (on a Prot monk, usually) x 1
    Spotless Mind (goes well with Dwayna's Kiss on a Healer's Boon monk) x 1
    Cure Hex x 2 on two heroes

one of the above options will have you covered for hex removal

hex eater signet is generally the best because it has the potential to remove AoE hexes and if all your heroes are ranged (like mine are) then it's stupid effective because everyone's balled up anyway

I think my Ineptitude Mesmer and my Discord Hex Necro are currently bringing it and hexes are never a problem

I mean shoot it's a signet theoretically your Rangers could bring it, but it's probably best on healers since it gives bonus energy

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh and Deny Hexes is pretty good on a UA hero monk

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    well, then i'll stick with hex eater signet.

i haven't really been running any monks, using N/Rt healers or ER prot and MM with prots. if i do run monks, they're usually smiters running RoJ with smite hex/condition.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    BigbluefootBigbluefoot Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've been loving the 7 hero party. I'm running around as a R/Rt SoS spammer, with a D/N Arcane Orders build, a WoH monk, a WoR Rt/Mo with prot skills, a command paragon, a KD spam warrior, an MM, and a Pious Teardown derv. I haven't really had any problems, and I've been on an "I'm awesome!" high. Against the Charr kinda killed it last night, because I ran into a spike of about 500 damage that my monk and rit couldn't heal me quick enough from, and lost 500k of survivor exp. I guess its a good thing I'm on spring break next week.

Also, I know that WiK stuff has been weakened, but I was amazed that I pulled 3 full groups, and didn't lose a single hero. Now I'm going for LDoA, a well.

Bigbluefoot on
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Honestly I don't even bring hex removal at all, there are so few hexes that actually impede progress...and I use dual Panic in HM so enemy skills aren't too much of a problem anyway.

Xagar on
  • Options
    BigbluefootBigbluefoot Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I bring Cure Hex, just because usually if there is a hex there is a fair bit of damage as well. In hex heavy areas, I run a monk with Cure and Remove. Plus, I never really have to worry about conditions, due to Mend Body and Spirit. I love the perks of being a spirit spammer.

Bigbluefoot on
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So far I've stuck with the following:

3x Paragons
    3x Bomber Necro's
    2x Monks.

Myself as a Motivation/Tactics paragon/warrior, basically +armour and the Motivation Elite that removes conditions. The 2nd para has Anthem of Fury, and allot of fire inflicting attacks, combined with their on fire for more armour. Third para has a dazing spear, then allot of damage attacks and + damage command shouts.
    The Bomber necro's are just ones I took off of PvX, one that uses barbs, another uses BR to help with energy, then the final one helps out with protective monk enchants.
    For the final 2 monks I use a UA healer and a ZB prot monk. Nothing exciting, but with all the +armour and condition removal and the extra enchants from the one bomber necro we can kick ass pretty well.

Thinking I should branch out with a ritualist, maybe some ele's, but if it ain't broke don't fix it :P

Varethius on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Where are you finding all the corpses to support 3 MM heroes?

Alecthar on
  • Options
    MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Where are you finding all the corpses to support 3 MM heroes?

Use an Elite Skill that doesn't req corpse like Aura of The Lich?
    AFK for 10 mins and get 30 Minions.

Maou on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's still inefficient in both time and effort, especially because, iirc, heroes won't actually use aotl without corpses in the area.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Most normal mode areas and also missions seem to do the trick pretty well, I'm using the build where the necro's exploit 1 corpse for 2 mini-minions, and then use the Jagged Bones or whatever elite to turn the mini ones into the bleed inducing ones.

Might try dropping a necro for a rit or some.

Varethius on
  • Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Have two necros carry Animate Shambling Horror. It effectively gives you a minion that lasts twice as long, but at 25 recharge, it is unlikely that it can be used more than twice per mob, leaving plenty more corpses for a necro with Animate bone minions.

Serious_Scrub on
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Alecthar wrote: »
    That's still inefficient in both time and effort, especially because, iirc, heroes won't actually use aotl without corpses in the area.

No, they do use it.

Xagar on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bit disappointed with the Mercenaries, you still have to tool them out for each character so they're essential just a different hero skin. If they'd kept all their equipment/runes or at least had account wide slot so you just had to re-equip them once it wouldn't be so bad.

As for those struggling with the cartography, texmod is pretty damn handy, I did Tyria/Cantha by hand and it was a real pain in the bum (link)

Rook on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    rolled with one of each of my own characters

1 Rit, Ele, Paragon, Ranger, Necro, Mesmer, Monk, and Assassin

it was hilarious and also highly enjoyable, though with the equipment issue I did have to dequip and requip people a lot

basically I had

Rit as SoS (me) with GDW and Earthbind
    Ele as Warder/Resto
    Paragon as Motivation
    Necro as a MM Bomber with some Resto Skills
    Mesmer as Psychic Instability
    Ranger as Barrage
    Monk as UA
    Assassin as Barrage

it was awesome seeing all my character names in a single party window
    Call Me Viv
    Bratty Princess
    I Dont Ever Shut Up
    Vivixen Moonfyre
    Vivixen Sunfyre
    Vivienne Firelight
    Vivienne Vilesong
    Vivienne Heartsong

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I am a total newbi with this game, having bought the complete game pack awhile ago. Is it still possible to join the PA guild, even if I am a total novice?

I've just been playing on the first "prophecies" campaign solo and having fun so far.

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »
    So I am a total newbi with this game, having bought the complete game pack awhile ago. Is it still possible to join the PA guild, even if I am a total novice?

I've just been playing on the first "prophecies" campaign solo and having fun so far.

Of course, just post your name and I'll shoot you an invite :)

Geod on
  • Options
    DJ Cam CamDJ Cam Cam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My characters name is Camcam Skillet

DJ Cam Cam on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I beat Prophecies this evening! In the largest pub group I've seen in eons. Then I didn't realize that I was supposed to redeem the talisman reward in the ending room, which apparently can only be accessed by redoing the mission. Arugh. >_<

Frem on
  • Options
    KanikKanik Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Geod wrote: »
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »

Of course, just post your name and I'll shoot you an invite :)

I would like an invite to the PA guild too. I just started playing again after a 3 year hiatus. I had a terrible case of alt-itis back in the day, to the point that I never even finished the Prophecies campaign. Rolled a Mesmer and plan on sticking with it until GW2.

Character's name is: I Poop Standing

Kanik on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm at work currently, but will get you guys when I get home. Or if any other officer sees this they can get you.

Geod on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Any plans for Friday?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Frem wrote: »
    I beat Prophecies this evening! In the largest pub group I've seen in eons. Then I didn't realize that I was supposed to redeem the talisman reward in the ending room, which apparently can only be accessed by redoing the mission. Arugh. >_<

i just did this on my ranger, since they added that after i had originally completed the campaign. now i have some nice zealous daggers on my ranger :o

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My Rit is almost up to Hell's Precipice... She's at abaddons mouth at present and I haven't sit down to do it. You are welcome to join me if you are online when I pop on to do it

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Any plans for Friday?

I'm gonna be out again this Friday, but anyone is free to plan anything and I'll update the title/OP/etc. I'll be back next week Friday :)

Geod on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I was looking at doing either DoA (mainly for money, I needs my zkeys!) or the Deep (since I haven't done it yet), but I am happy to go along with anything other people may want to do.

We should look into doing a group run into Slaver's Exile at some point, too!

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I won't be around Friday, so do something we already did imo! :)

Morkath on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've done slavers, but I would be up for doing so again as long as there are two swappers. Holy Balls I hate Duncan. Took me and Mord like 2 hours to kill him alone.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    whats the current best method to lvl a dire pet? i'm killing minotaurs outside of ice tooth cave, but its kinda slow, i might try elona reach, if the build still works (prot spirit, spirit bond, ferocious strike, feral lunge, call of haste, scavenger strike, balth spirit, comfort animal) but i'm not sure if it still works.

or can i get a dire pet in my menagerie? i've turned in a lvl 20 hearty wolf, so if i understand correctly, i can unlock any lvl 20 evolution of that particular pet?

also, is there a way i can get rid of the pet one of my heroes has and swap it out so that it is gets the dire evolution, at 11 it wen't playful, and i wanted to get a team at some point with dire pets. you know... for lawls.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feldorn wrote: »
    whats the current best method to lvl a dire pet? i'm killing minotaurs outside of ice tooth cave, but its kinda slow, i might try elona reach, if the build still works (prot spirit, spirit bond, ferocious strike, feral lunge, call of haste, scavenger strike, balth spirit, comfort animal) but i'm not sure if it still works.

or can i get a dire pet in my menagerie? i've turned in a lvl 20 hearty wolf, so if i understand correctly, i can unlock any lvl 20 evolution of that particular pet?

also, is there a way i can get rid of the pet one of my heroes has and swap it out so that it is gets the dire evolution, at 11 it wen't playful, and i wanted to get a team at some point with dire pets. you know... for lawls.

Easiest way is just to level a pet to 20, turn it into the menagerie, and then have them spawn you one with the evolution that you want. I did this with a Moa bird on my ranger. Turned in a level 20 hearty, tamed a 20 dire.

Entriech on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i'll try that then, rather than lvling one up. i haven't done much with the menagerie though, so i wasn't sure just from reading about it on the wiki.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Still waiting for Winds of Change update.

Maou on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mord and I were discussing a potential Sacnoth Valley vanq tomorrow. It's the ZVanq for today, so pick it up if you are interested. No solid decision on this, just putting it out as an option.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    16 points of the Hall of Monuments down, 14 to go. Mostly just some weapon and armor nabs, a few easy titles, the rest of my heroes upgraded armor, and the black moa chick. Easy peasy.

Entriech on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Mord and I were discussing a potential Sacnoth Valley vanq tomorrow. It's the ZVanq for today, so pick it up if you are interested. No solid decision on this, just putting it out as an option.

Re-posting for botp

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    well, got order of the vampire, icy veins, and aura of the lich last night to make some better hero builds. now i just gotta finish factions with my ranger, get him farther into nightfall and finish EotN on him.

i was thinking that i would start playing more dervish or warrior (maybe) but i'm really enjoying the ranger. dagger pet at the moment deals some really nice damage. so, i guess it's time to start drinking, IDing golds, and using lockpicks on him :P

Feldorn on
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I haven't played in about 8 months or so. Went to change a rune out on my Primeval boots using a superior kit. I thought hey it's superior that's the best one right? Completely forgetting that it's not. Now I'm missing Primeval Boots. /sigh this game is damn hard to get back into after taking such a long break.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    darklite_x wrote: »
    So I haven't played in about 8 months or so. Went to change a rune out on my Primeval boots using a superior kit. I thought hey it's superior that's the best one right? Completely forgetting that it's not. Now I'm missing Primeval Boots. /sigh this game is damn hard to get back into after taking such a long break.
    To be fair, it does tell you your retain chance in the salvage dialog.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No you're right. I felt like an absolute fool after I did that. Fortunately I have the mats to get another, but man that stung.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197