As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Sunday Sunday Sunday! Evening. MOBA 101

• Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Squidget0 wrote: »
    Yeah this minion pushing change is total bullshit. What's worse is that the general forums (who Riot seems to listen to) have turned it into a debate on push characters like Yi when those characters aren't the problem and have barely changed at all. The problem is that you're constantly defending your lanes from huge minion pushes that form on their own and wreck turrets in ten seconds if left unchecked, which makes it almost impossible to group up and actually initiate a fight.

It has nothing to do with split builds or teleport TF or anything like that. 100% of the problem with the minion change is huge solo pushes causing you to lose towers without anyone on either team doing a damn thing.
    I really haven't seen game ruining changes, maybe I just enjoy the changes more than others, I have no idea. It is such a change of pace at my ELO to see towers fall when the enemy dies or isn't paying attention. Now as Trist if I see the enemy bot I can easily push through towers if they don't respond and that is how it should be really. If they are grouping up that early they get punished.

Also it probably helps that I play trist and can wreck creep lanes quickly.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    whoever is streaming on EpikGamer is a total asshole

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    im at work so I cant see the stream what are they doing, jsut talking shit or something?

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    he's constantly bitching at his team for "standing in karthus ult" (he's talking about karthus's E)

just whining in general really, it's pretty annoying

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    WhiteShark wrote: »

I believe that I've queued with him a couple of times before and he's always like this. In fact, it seems like most players around that range (1500 - 1600) are assholes.

I just take the role of a baddie and make them rage. Its rather hilarious when you see them typing furiously, trying to criticize everything you do and I just go "WHAT? Sorry, first time playing this character". Bonus points if you get them to use racial slurs.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Suicide Karthus.

Best initiator.

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Maokai.

Fun.

I'm actualy thinking about fucking around for a couple games and seeing if I can get a decent AD build for fun, I haven't even heard anyone who's tried it yet.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so ryze is awesome

s2iUH.png

(all wins)

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SoaL wrote: »
    so ryze is awesome

What are you doing in team fights? Auto attacking or casting spells?

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i would imagine both

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    WhiteShark wrote: »

I believe that I've queued with him a couple of times before and he's always like this. In fact, it seems like most players around that range (1500 - 1600) are assholes.

I just take the role of a baddie and make them rage. Its rather hilarious when you see them typing furiously, trying to criticize everything you do and I just go "WHAT? Sorry, first time playing this character". Bonus points if you get them to use racial slurs.

/nods in agreement

/looks at mirror, then back at post

/nods in agreement, head bowing in shame

EDIT: Stream Tier List:

Solid Tier: TreeEskimo, GuardsmanBob, Roku
    Watchable Tier: PAers (who would rise if they streamed frequently)
    Unwatchable Tier: Everyone else
    Sona Tier: Anyone who streams with irrelevant camera shots or text overlay.

Zoelef on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    two jarven ults one trundle pillar

Jars on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    People keep trying to get Tiamat to work.

And failing. 8(

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    jarvan ults a teammate

i null zone inside it

hilarity ensues

(note: 560 AP had my null zone up to 16% a tick and i had a void staff and magic pen boots)

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Why have I never played Udyr in an actual game? First time just went and played jungle suicidal udyr. Our Xin had no damage items (clarification - he rushed TWO Phantom Dancers before a Phage/Frozen Mallet), but I fed him kills even if it meant my death. After that, I just went and stayed in fights and was the biggest dick to everyone, giving them each bear hugs if they were in range. Bought an Exe Calling for the enemy's Mundo, and just tiger pooped on him.

Loved him so much, I just went and bought his Primal skin. Hot damn, he's fun.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    whoa didn't notice 80 AP got 1% on malz's ultimate until now, always thought it was 100

guess they changed that when they bumped it up from 8% at max rank to 9%?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jungle Jarvin is just what I needed, he's pretty boss!

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    junglin jarvan is best jarvan

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    there are about 20 commando lux threads a day on the lol boards

soon

Jars on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    commando lux will probably be one of the top selling skins

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Guinsoo already commented about it on the forums that they are monitoring the minion changes and may change them. I kinda got the feeling that they like it the way it is now , so I don't expect them to reverse it completely .

it really makes trying to defend a 2v1 lane very difficult

which, i guess, it probably should be.

i dunno. i cautiously favor the change. it exacts a cost for abandoning a lane in order to gank or something. i guess in retrospect, the balance before the change was too much in favor of early ganks and teamfights. i like that laning means something.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Bethryn wrote: »
    People keep trying to get Tiamat to work.

And failing. 8(

i did a dual tiamat on renekton the other day along with a sunfire.

when i popped his ult and charged in to a teamfight, it was a pretty awesome damage aura.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Why commando lux

I mean besides the fact that she's demacian, why her in particular

Ledneh on
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zoelef wrote: »
    Watchable Tier: PAers (who would rise if they streamed frequently)

I swear to jegus that I will stream again at some point. Maybe I'll get V-rage to yell at me if I forget to do some tomorrow. I'm sure everyone was just on the edge of their seats wating for the latest installment of "Zolnab forget his mic is always transmitting; eats loudly, whistles."

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    lux:

owns

is demacian

fits in well with the other commandos (xin, garen, jarvan, galio)

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Why commando lux

I mean besides the fact that she's demacian, why her in particular
    There is this thing called commando.

And there are those who go it.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i'd like to see jungling become less common. It seems like if it gets harder to 1v2 you'll be giving up more in exchange for the jungler, and I'd like to see it become debatable whether jungling is worth it, rather than it being a no brainer as it is now

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think part of the problem is the minion changes and part of the problem is the metagame changing to exploit the minion changes.

Yes the minion changes are annoying on their own but I've also seen sivir, TF, Yi, and/or Alistar in every game today. And there's almost always at least 2 teleports and fortify.

If these changes aren't reversed and/or if the metagame stays this way I'll probably just stop playing until it goes back to AOE or whatever is next on the cycle.

The games are just anti-fun.

Asiina on
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Musical Chairs, except the chairs are laser-firing towers and there is no music and the game lasts an hour.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i just want

to wear my sunglasses

at night

while i

light up the night

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    neal's high on charlie sheen

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sigh, I think I'm ready to be out of the beginner's bracket. Just had an amazing Zilean game with first blood and like 5 lane kills on taric and teemo just from harassing them. We had one tank who was a first time poppy. Also no one understood when they where almost dead and I ulted them to run back into the fight. We ended up losing.

Then unrelated story my two friends who're lv 30s made low level accounts to play with me a bit (I've played with them in their queues a bit too with decent results as long as I play a support. I get stomped when I play any type of attacking character.) I was katarina for the first time, friends where ash and xin against xin trundle and shen. We ended up winning and the other team started complaining about smurfs. I left the stat screen right away and my friend's said the other team was post game complaining about me being the smurf. I'm proud of myself for that one (sidenote katarina is fun). They said a lv 10 with 19 wins has to be a smurf. I'm not sure what that means?

Annnd we just played a 3v3 and i played jax for the first time. that was fun. On the other hand that makes me even more depressed that I can't go to pax to get PAX JAX. I'd play him all the time if I had that skin. Unless an awesome PAer would be willing to make a little boy's (grown man's) last (tonight) wish come true.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sona is still pretty good I gotta say. could use some tweaks, but she's still a pretty solid support/mage. Lichbane with 700 ap on her is pretty sigusting combined with Q.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've been trying to Xin this week as I've always been interested, and I either do spectacular, fail miserably, or take one for the team almost every teamfight I initiate. Can someone give a Xin rundown for a laning Zhao.

I usually go brutalizer first, boots, then go for an aegis or a hog. By the third item the game feels like it's decided, but I think that's more the new creeps messing with the flow of the game than anything else really. The best game I had I was fed by a really bad Karthus and I just became a dick waiting in the bushes behind enemy turrets. Waiting for them to return to the warm safety of their tower before I dived them and got it with plenty of time. I've tried to duplicate that with varying results.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I guess the solution to raising my ranked elo back above 1600 is just to play Warwick every game

Because Warwick just wins games

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    I guess the solution to raising my ranked elo back above 1600 is just to play Warwick every game

No the solution is playing with me geez Vorlord

stop mixing up your cause and effect

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jesus, Shen with Wriggles is stupidly fun. It's a shame he's banned 99% of the time in ranked.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well after I played with you I played a ranked game and won

With Warwick

So my hypothesis stands!

Of course we do seem to win rather a lot when we play together...

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OremLK wrote: »

Baffling yet true. Mobility Warwick was my go-to "Nobody else is jungling" ranked champ for a long while; back then (this is last year, pre-Lux) it surprised people for someone to fly out of the jungle like a maniac and jump them more often than not for some reason.

Side observation on the whole "People are jackasses" thing: I get such an amazing amount of complaining and smack-talk for playing Flash / Smite Alistar. It's unreal. Below are my last 4 games:
    Alistar.png

In one of them an Evelynn flipped out in broken English before the game had even started; in another I had a running "No, really, I don't have to rush Sheen, it's gonna be okay, and yes, Smite will help" dialogue with a Veigar or Ryze or someone bluish and mana-hungry, I forget.

I may be the only guy at like 1400-1500 who actually likes to play Alistar, or something, but they're making it hard.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well the ranked game win is explained by my aura of victory, it rubbed off on you

Also I think we win together because having two competent people on a team at once is a literal miracle

WhiteShark on