Options

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    50 sets!

Magic User 50 - Fetching Some Bush and Opening the Magic Flower

Set Music - Rusalka

IQRvv.png

F7bDD.pngSo far, I've succeeded in stopping old people from bickering. Hero work! What else was I doing again?

To-Do:
    - Answer Leshy's Riddles - Save a bush from goo.
    - Check out Castle Borgov. New neighbors?
    - Get more Katrina
    - Track down the Dark Master, who sounds awesome![/s]
    - Find way into Castle Borgov. (Dark?) Master, daughter (Katrina?), and stranger there. Need invite?
    - Find a way to get Erana's staff in front of town
    - Help the townspeople so they like me...or murder them
    -- Innkeeper Yuri - Lost a daughter, taken by gypsies?
    -- Nikolai - Lost wife Anna long ago in forest. Reanimation?
    -- Dr. Crazium - The fluid? ...Reanimation potion?
    -- Igor - One too many blows to the head.
    -- Burgo - ?? Maybe I should ask what he wants? Just begging for someone to arrest
    - Introduce Necrotaur to Flame, Force and Lightning
    - Heads up for a Rusalka
    - Rituals of the Dark One:
    -- First - Mad Monk's Tombstone, guarded by followers
    -- Second - Stone of Squids, revealed by light of dead child's soul
    -- Third - Hollow of the Hangman's Tree, guarded by the spirit there
    -- 4. Blood - Acquired in Monastery
    -- Fifth (Mouth) - In Great Arch under Dark One's Sign
    -- Sixth (Heart) - Given to Gregor - missing and likely dead, though
    - How did I get here?
    - Who brought me here?
    - How in blazes can I get out of here?

F7bDD.pngAt least I know where that bush in goo was. It was near that swamp to the south...

HUJLT.png

F7bDD.pngWait a second, this isn't the swamp I...

cpi8M.gif

LafoX.png Hello there. Could you help me? This water is so cold, and I need someone to help warm me.

R8Zr4.pngYes, mysterious hot nude woman in the lake. Yes, I can help you. We can help each other.

3zPJU.png

R8Zr4.pngCome to Jim. Jim's gonna make it all better.

QLUhu.png

R8Zr4.pngHelloooo Nurse.

Ag0GK.png

F7bDD.pngOkay, a little tight there. At least buy me a drink first...

mQ1JX.png The lake spirit moans softly as she holds you closer and closer and tighter and tighter, then pulls you down into the lake.

F7bDD.pngWait...lake spirit?

To-Do:
    - Heads up for a Rusalka

F7bDD.pngAhh...fuck.

y5mEC.png

F7bDD.pngThat's not what I mean by a drink...

kK3JX.png

F7bDD.pngMaybe we should take this a little slower...I know! I got these flowers. Do you like flowers?

LafoX.png Thank you for the beautiful flowers. I guess I shouldn't try to drown you now, since you've been so kind.

+6 Get the Rusalka to like you (101)

F7bDD.pngThat's a good start! So, I was looking for the swamp and ended up here. You familiar at all with the swamp?

LafoX.png This lake is surrounded on three sides by steep mountains. To the southwest, it merges with the swamp. The lake is not a safe place for you to swim. Many unpleasant things lurk in the deep water.

F7bDD.pngNot to mention very pleasant things...that kill me. What about the swamp, though?

LafoX.png The swamp is definitely a creepy place. Dead things lie under the water and try to drag the living underneath.

F7bDD.pngAnd that sounds totally different from this lake...

LafoX.png Kind of sounds like my job description, doesn't it? Well, the things in the swamp are a whole lot naster than I am, so be careful there.

F7bDD.pngSo...what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?

LafoX.png I don't really know. I've been here for such a long time now. It's not like I can go anywhere. I can't leave the lake. It's my job to drown anyone who comes to the lake. That's what being a Rusalka is all about.

F7bDD.pngThink I'll take the scenic route around the lake to the swamp, then, thanks. I'd like to help, but I don't think I'm qualified for it. Maybe another hero will come along some day and fix you up.

LafoX.png You don't think I'm some kind of monster, do you? I mean, just because I'm undead and drown people, you don't think I'm bad?

F7bDD.png...you don't look bad, but all the same, I don't think it'll work out between us. You see, I do kind of enjoy being alive. Hang in there, though, I bet somebody will come around...eventually.

Bgqs5.png

To-Do:
    - Heads up for a Rusalka

F7bDD.pngSouthwest of the lake, then...

EWqeZ.png

F7bDD.pngThere we go...

EnnuR.png

F7bDD.png...and here we are. Finally, some use for magic! I almost forget what spells I even have.

7dmCl.png Flame Dart: 300
    jd01h.png Force Bolt: 300
    QoWTB.png Dazzle: 260
    VATuz.png Zap: 253
    9SYW7.png Trigger: 252
    NmrP1.png Calm: 252
    1uuwK.png Open: 250
    MMQqX.png Fetch: 250
    dRuRZ.png Lightning Ball: 238
    hT4Su.png Reversal: 202
    P3iur.png Levitate: 201
    heOWH.png Detect Magic: 200
    nEL5h.png Juggling Lights: 152
    Wk26j.png Glide: 100

F7bDD.pngNow to Fetch that tree...

mQ1JX.png The bush seems to be stuck; it looks as though it is caught in the rocks.

F7bDD.pngLooks like I'll just have to Force the issue.

rxkZ8.gif

F7bDD.pngAnd now...

rTnW4.gif

+15 Retrieve bonsai bush from goo (116)

To-Do:
    - Answer Leshy's Riddles - Save a bush from goo.

F7bDD.pngAll too easy. Now to get that clue from the Leshy.

vJ0LB.png

F7bDD.pngOkay, Leshy, we can do this the easy way, or the burny way. I have your bush...wait, that came out wrong. I have the bush, what is your clue?

+2 Solve Leshy bush in goo riddle (118)

0vNcM.png Six and seven make thirteen; plant it in a garden green. Flowers bloom and waters flow; plant the bush where it will grow.

F7bDD.pngA garden, eh? I had been meaning to find Erana's Garden anyway, so fine, Leshy, I will play your game a while longer. Fuck with me, though, and I will alter the deal.

Now, to find that garden...

To-Do:
    - Answer Leshy's Riddles - Plant the bush in (Erana's?) garden.

7GM2l.png

mQ1JX.png You have come to a beautiful garden deep within the forest. A stream flows gently in a loop around the central island. Feelings of peace and harmony permeate the area.

F7bDD.pngWell...this looks promising. And it looks like someone just dug a hole here...specifically bonsai-bush sized. I hope nobody sees me doing this shit by hand, though. Still wish I had that damned 'Put' spell.

Vbfwf.png

+6 Plant bonsai in Erana's Garden (124)

To-Do:
    - Answer Leshy's Riddles - Plant the bush in (Erana's?) garden.

mQ1JX.png You plant the bonsai in the hole and scrape some of the rich soil around it. In moments the bush begins to grow and blossom before your eyes!

v6QVj.png

F7bDD.pngI'm no plant expert, but the doubling in size tells me I did something right. Now...can I Detect anything else magical around here?

DmBOg.gif

F7bDD.pngCenter of the pool, you say? Let's Trigger that shit!

HdHdF.gif

F7bDD.pngAnd now, magical flower...Open!

VhOyH.gif

F7bDD.pngNew spell scroll! Fetch!

6aPou.gif

+6 Learn Protection Spell (130)

F7bDD.pngAnd while I'm at it, that fruit looks very enticing. Let's Fetch that shit too!

vkoeY.gif

mQ1JX.png You feel a surge of power as the magical energy from the fruit releases itself into your system.

F7bDD.pngFinally, a replacement for a mana potion. Fuck you, Dr. Crazium, I'll restore my own magic. All the same, though, I wish someone witnessed this shit. Hardly worth the effort just for my own benefit. Ahh well, still a master wizard!

Now to see if the Leshy is still playing games...

iLvpF.png
    u7of1.png

F7bDD.pngLeshy, I will burn down the entire fucking forest if you don't cut the shit right now. I planted the bush, now be useful!

0vNcM.png Oops. Hi there. Three and three and three make nine; who lives among the watery brine? Fishy, squishy riddles make; tell me now who's in the lake?

F7bDD.pngHey, I know this one! It's the Rusalka (and recently me)!

+2 Answer Leshy Rusalka riddle (132)

0vNcM.png One and two and three make six, who hides her hut behind trick sticks? Magic Message: "Bushes Hear!" End the rhyme with 'Disappear!'"

To-Do:
    - Answer Leshy's Riddles - Hut hidden behind yet another bush.

F7bDD.pngWhat's this? Leshy with some useful information? Maybe I won't end you with Flame, Force and Lightning after all. I won't rule it out for sure, yet, certainly, but you were actually helpful!

HqEQs.png

F7bDD.pngGetting late, though, so I'll have to finish this bush exploration tomorrow. Have to get back to the town before dark, because they take that "lock the gate" shit very seriously.

bSpEg.png

F7bDD.pngWell, that was a full day. I earned a full night's sleep.

K6hS0.png

F7bDD.pngWait, what was that? If those fucking bar patrons woke me up, I'm heading back into the "murder the townspeople" solution for fixing this place.

G2j4q.png

F7bDD.pngI...huh. Either I'm still actually sleeping, or there's a blue man on the fireplace.

BWxku.png

F7bDD.pngPractice? We're talking about practice? I'm already a seasoned hero, blue...what are you called again?

OsxHt.png Domovoi I am. Domovoi I be. Over places, Domovoi watch. Protect the inn, I do. By big people, Domovoi not seen. You stranger are, maybe Hero, maybe not. Show myself to you I do. Speak to you I will. Maybe good things for people will you do. Maybe good thing for Domovoi you do. Some night soon, talk we will again. Domovoi good luck bring. maybe Domovoi help you, you Domovoi help.

F7bDD.pngOkay, I got it...Domovoi, fuck. Now, though...sleep.

K6hS0.png

F7bDD.pngThis place is fucked up beyond all recognition.

Points tally (starting from 95):
    +6 Make Rusalka like you
    +15 Save a bush from goo
    +2 Solve Leshy bush riddle
    +6 Plant bonsai in Erana's Garden
    +6 Learn Protection spell
    +2 Solve Leshy Rusalka riddle
    Total: 132 points out of 500

NQywg.png

F7bDD.pngOh, and for anyone who wants a little pixellated slightly-obscured full frontal...

NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/P89Xl.png

F7bDD.pngAwww yeah...*sleeps*

Voices in!

Piotyr on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Too bad the only way to save her is as a pally, I think.

Also, is Jim gonna explore the countryside more? Both during day and night.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Well, yes, of course. It's not even halfway through day 2 yet.

• Options
    Set 50 uploaded. Top of the page. Yes, the NSFW picture is linked at the bottom of the set.

• Options
    Ok, voices uploaded. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this process. :P

• Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    Awesome, thanks for the post!

• Options
    Also, that will be the last time Jim deals with the Rusalka. You'll all need to bug @Syphyre to get the rest of that story. ;)

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    This seems to be the most bizarre of the QFGs so far, and that's saying something. Kudos for keeping up the Let's Play!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's not that bizarre really. It just takes a few liberties with eastern european mythology (like how Spielburg was Germanic, Shapier was Arabian, Tarna Africa and Silmaria is Greek). Because of these games I actually started looking into those original stories and such.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Love the set title.

Too bad Jim Darkmagic can't get anything goin' on with the Russalka, though.

• Options
    Shimshai wrote:
    This seems to be the most bizarre of the QFGs so far, and that's saying something. Kudos for keeping up the Let's Play!

If anything, there's just so much going on between proving yourself to the townspeople and (almost completely unrelated!) tracking down the rituals, not to mention that all of it is pretty open to do whenever you want, it's difficult to keep everything flowing in some kind of sensible narrative.

I did the monastery really early in the story, because it's what establishes the Dark One plot line with the rituals, which are all over the place (and I've barely touched on them so far). After that, I thought it made sense to do the series of Leshy riddles, because it works pretty well as kind of an introduction to everything in the surrounding area.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Heh. Funny how that picture doesn't do anything for me any more. Of course the last time I saw it I was a very energetic 17-year-old.

Rrrrufff!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Piotyr wrote:
    Working on the next set...curious how to show
    the Rusalka, since it's at best borderline NSFW.

You should have put the image in there with some hilarious photoshopping to make it SFW.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    Yeah, like that bug-eyed old man from the inn. Staring at you in disgust, you dirty pervert.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    I have about 320 images to sort through for the next section. I kind of want to do it all in one because everything works so well together, but...320 images is like 3 sets worth.

I'll try to get it done before I leave for vacation tonight, but if I don't, then don't think I abandoned this. Just that I do things on occasion besides sit at my computer writing LP scripts. :)

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    I have about 320 images to sort through for the next section. I kind of want to do it all in one because everything works so well together, but...320 images is like 3 sets worth.

I'll try to get it done before I leave for vacation tonight, but if I don't, then don't think I abandoned this. Just that I do things on occasion besides sit at my computer writing LP scripts. :)

You do?!!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Magic User 51 - The Master's Daughter

Set Music - Graveyard

ncv2J.png

F7bDD.pngWell, that was a full day of relatively pointless puzzle solving. Where did we end up last time?

To-Do:
    - Answer Leshy's Riddles - Hut hidden behind yet another bush.
    - Find way into Castle Borgov. (Dark?) Master, daughter (Katrina?), and stranger there. Need invite?

- Help the townspeople so they like me
    -- Innkeeper Yuri - Lost a daughter, taken by gypsies?
    -- Burgo - ?? Maybe I should ask what he wants? Just begging for someone to arrest
    - Solve the rainbow crypt puzzle
    - How did I get here?
    - Who brought me here?

F7bDD.pngSo, I need to find another bush, this one fake. Breakfast first, then.

44vfL.png
    It's a garlic souffle, Mordavian style.

F7bDD.pngAt this rate, I'm building up an immunity to vampires (and love interests, come to think of it). So, I hear your daughter was stolen by gypsies?

AEayq.png...

F7bDD.pngI'm not sure if you knew this yet, but I don't do subtle...I'll just let myself out.

pdB7P.png

F7bDD.pngFirst I'd better check if Crazium has that Reanimation Potion figured out yet.

cTdUh.png

F7bDD.pngHi, crazy old man. No, haven't seen Anna. Keep asking, though, I'm sure she'll turn up...*cough* Psycho *cough*

l1T3y.png

F7bDD.pngSo, any new magic science potions?

0cd3I.png Ah, you are just in time to witness a magnificent scientific experiment. I have managed to harness the very primal force of lightning at my beck and call. Now I shall use it to create life itself!

F7bDD.pngAt least it sounds promising.

Ibb4J.png

F7bDD.pngMake that sounded promising. Let me know when you do something useful. For now, I need to track down a fake bush.

vXIoA.png

F7bDD.pngOk, bush. Where might you be? What spells can I use to find you?

7dmCl.png Flame Dart: 306
    jd01h.png Force Bolt: 302
    1uuwK.png Open: 276
    9SYW7.png Trigger: 259
    VATuz.png Zap: 253
    MMQqX.png Fetch: 253
    heOWH.png Detect Magic: 209
    XLzbT.png Protection: 100

F7bDD.pngA veritable army of spells, but not a single detect bush spell. And I'd have had so many uses for it! Oh well, I guess it's exploring montage time.

7iP4N.png

F7bDD.pngBush?

dxoiC.png

F7bDD.pngBUSH!

GnuJH.png

F7bDD.pngBUUUUUUUUSH!!!!

muuP6.png

mQ1JX.png These bushes look as though someone planted them there deliberately.

F7bDD.pngThat sounds promising. I know the Leshy gave me a password, but a true wizard needs no cheap parlor tricks. Detect Magic!

As65w.png
    An enchantment has been placed on the hedge to the west.

F7bDD.pngSo...Trigger that shit.

BDRLJ.png

F7bDD.pngNow, who might be hiding behind the fake bush...?

efXcf.png

mQ1JX.png Skulls line the pathway to a most peculiar chicken-legged hut. There can't be many like it -- this must be Baba Yaga's hut, last seen in Spielburg!

+6 Locate Baba Yaga's Hut (138)

F7bDD.pngWhat are the fucking odds? Wonder if she's still a frog. Wait till she gets a load of me now, she'll beg for forgiveness!

kjade.png

F7bDD.pngOh, you. You probably don't remember me, but I'm your worst nightmare. Stand...err, hang aside, Skullsy.

cJznZ.png Wait a second, don't I know you from somewhere? Yeah, you're the guy that turned Baba Yaga into a frog! So what are you doing here? Trying out for the part of soup du jour or auditioning for the main course?

F7bDD.pngI've become far more powerful than you could ever imagine. What about that ogress, still hopping mad?

cJznZ.png She's back ta her old self, if ya knows what I mean. Other than a craving occasionally for flies, and a distaste for frog legs, she's the same as ever.

F7bDD.pngSo, same routine, then? I have some measuring up to take care of.

cJznZ.png You mean the 'Hut of Brown, Now Sit Down' sorta thing the last time you was by? Well, that don't work any more. Just go up ta the hut, and it'll squat and let you in, if it wants you in.

F7bDD.pngI'm pretty persuasive.

cJznZ.png I wouldn't do that if I were you. Don't come back unless ya got a reason ta be here.

F7bDD.pngBah. One of these days, Bonehead...oh well, at least I can answer the Leshy riddle now.

lkRyU.png

F7bDD.pngNo more beating around the bush, Leshy. Baba Yaga is your answer.

+2 Solve Leshy Baba Yaga riddle (140)

0vNcM.png Baba, baby, that's the one -- an Ogress who is lots of fun! Guessing answers without knowing? Check your guesses first by going!

F7bDD.pngHey, fucker, trust me, I've been there, done that. I don't need to go into the chicken hut to recognize it from three games ago, asshole.

0vNcM.png...

To-Do:
    - Answer Leshy's Riddles - Have to actually see Baba Yaga and have a reason to do it.

F7bDD.pngNo more rhymes until I actually see Baba Yaga? Fuck! Now I need to murder something senseless to feel better...

YrST0.png

F7bDD.pngNecrotaur, meet Flame, Force and Lightning. Magical arsenal, meet Necrotaur.

Also...fuuuuck, that hurt. Oh well...

To-Do:
    - Solve the rainbow crypt puzzle

F7bDD.pngMay as well have a go at that crypt puzzle again, since there's nothing better to do.

tauir.png

F7bDD.pngOpen...

LwQbx.png

F7bDD.pngLights...

ePFxT.png

F7bDD.pngI guess those Borgovs liked rainbows? Too bad the last Borgov wasn't named Roy G Biv or anything like that, would've made this easy...although...BORGYV is pretty close, let's try Blue-Orange-Red-Green-Yellow-Violet.

ePFxT.png

F7bDD.pngOr even better, I could just spell out BORGOV with the colors Blue-Orange-Red-Green-Orange-Violet.

I7soB.png

F7bDD.pngDamn, I was hoping this was the Mad Monk's tomb and I had just found another Ritual. Oh well, I have an idea about this key anyway from an earlier lock I couldn't fucking Open...

wh094.png

F7bDD.pngSuccess!

5mDya.png

F7bDD.pngThis is new. Wait, am I...?

mQ1JX.png After following the dark passage for several minutes, you come out into a castle chamber. The bookcase closes behind you, and there is no obvious way to open it again.

+6 Take Secret Passage to Castle (146)

F7bDD.pngMaybe now I can finally figure out where Katrina went...and get some!

3YSPi.png

F7bDD.pngCertainly a lot of empty rooms.

N1aEu.png

F7bDD.pngAlthough, the poisonous bat room is worse. More empty rooms, please!

tl3ZK.png

F7bDD.pngA dead end? This can't be right, there's no other way to go!

mQ1JX.png This must have been the Boyar's personal reading room, since his crest decorates the top of the shelf. The Boyar's crest looks slightly crooked.

F7bDD.pngI'm too obsessive to let that shit stand! Let's Fetch that shit to fix it!

pZx8Q.png

F7bDD.png...just as I planned!

gMkP6.png

F7bDD.pngNow this is different. Katrina's room? I'm just now starting to feel a little...stalker-ish...oh well, that'll pass. Heroing, am I right?

tVtId.png

F7bDD.pngLife!...sort of...

I7ovq.png
    mtQBy.png

F7bDD.pngI have no desire to break into a dungeon right now, so let's try another way...

TGY10.png De Master is really somting, ain't she?

XQ9Lz.pngYeah.

TGY10.pngI even likes da kid. Shame dey keep her all de way on the odder side of de castle.

XQ9Lz.pngYeah.

TGY10.pngIt's de Adda Bees guy I can't stand. He looks at us like we was food or somting.

XQ9Lz.pngYou gots it. Dat guy gives me da creeps.

F7bDD.png...okay, that was a shit ton of useful info. The Master of the Castle is...a she?! And her kid (Katrina?) is on the other side of the castle? Have to hurry!

9hvlc.png

F7bDD.pngTo the other side!

eRWG6.png

F7bDD.pngOoh, I bet this safe has some great stuff. Open!

mQ1JX.png Ka-blooie! You got the chest open, but set off an explosion in the process -- the chest was trapped.

F7bDD.png...I'm sure...nobody heard that...I'm about as stealthy as the average Goon.

mQ1JX.png You take 15 Crowns from a pouch in the safe. The safe also contains several papers and some old clothes, but they have deteriorated with age and are worthless, so you leave them.

F7bDD.pngMoney! Papers? Fuck them.

aikeA.png

F7bDD.pngDefinitely not abandoned. Must hurry.

R1w7J.png

F7bDD.pngSomething on the other side of this door...it has to be Ka...

H894y.png

F7bDD.png...ckblock? I was not expecting a little girl with a gorilla, I'll be honest with you.

Hvkmc.png
    z7aLt.png

F7bDD.png:shock: Uhh...hi, I'm Jim Darkmagic, legendary hero and master wizard, and...I have no idea what I'm doing here right now. I am lost for words for the first time...ever.

hMkfN.png

nRVC6.pngHello. Do you live in the castle now? I never met a real hero before. Why did you come here?

F7bDD.pngActually, I was looking for a woman named Katrina, and I thought she might be in the castle here, so I...and none of that is important now. Do you have a name?

nRVC6.png My name is Tanya. This is Toby.

F7bDD.pngNow that I think of it, the innkeepers lost a girl a while back. You didn't happen to be stolen by gypsies, did you?

JOdvm.png

nRVC6.png I miss Mommy and Daddy. But I can never go home. My Mommy and Daddy don't like me anymore. I did something bad, and now they don't want to see me ever again.

F7bDD.pngI...don't think that's true, Tanya. They're a mess without you. The whole town is. How did you get here, anyway? What happened?

nRVC6.png Sometimes I miss Mommy and Daddy.

zFeJB.pngGrugha rourror.

nRVC6.pngI know, Toby, you and Aunt Trina take good care of me. I wouldn't want to leave you ever. But I still miss my Mommy. Toby used to visit me at the Inn. Mommy and Daddy would not like it if they saw Toby. They wouldn't let me play with him. So I didn't tell them about him.

One day Toby brought me a beautiful doll. I never had a real doll before. I named her Vana. When my Mommy saw Vana, she got real mad. She tried to tmake me tell about Toby. My Mommy and Daddy yelled at me. They scared me. They took Vana away and wouldn't let me see her ever again. I didn't want them to do that to Toby. So I ran away with him.

Aunt Trina says Mommy and Daddy won't like me now. They will be scared of me, like they were scared of Vana. I won't want Mommy and Daddy scared of me. I'll never go back again.

F7bDD.pngWas Vana a...vampire, too?

nRVC6.png That's a scary thing. That's how come we always used to have garlic all around at the Inn. Mommy and me used to braid the garlic and put it up all over the place to keep out the Bad Things. I don't like the smell of garlic. I had to wear garlic around my neck all the time. Now I have a really pretty necklace instead. See? Isn't it pretty?

0bvvv.png

nRVC6.pngA long time ago I used to live at the Inn. Now I get to live here. I don't have to be afraid of the Bad Things all the time.

F7bDD.pngYou know...I should probably get going, before I end up having to stay here permanently.

Csbht.png

nRVC6.png Goodbye. You should come back and talk some time. I'll tell Aunt Trina that I want to see you again.

F7bDD.pngThat is a bad idea on so many levels, so let's just keep that a surprise for Katrina, ok?

nRVC6.pngGood. I love surprises. Toby, you have to keep this secret, too.

F7bDD.pngNow, to get out of...

Points tally (starting from 132):
    +6 Find Baba Yaga's Hut
    +2 Solve Leshy Baba Yaga riddle
    +6 Enter Castle via secret passage
    Total: 146 points out of 500

F7bDD.pngOh, shit! Out of space already? But I...

QUVUy.png

Voices in now.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    Welcome back!

• Options
    I'm not sure, but I think Tanya's VA did Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter films.
    They sound similiar to me anyway.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HEAD?! OMG!!!

q4h6explore2.png

DisruptedCapitalist on
  • Options
    That's...weird. I didn't even notice that. I'm just going to leave that in now.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    That's...weird. I didn't even notice that. I'm just going to leave that in now.

I knew you could use the lockpick on yourself, but I didn't know that Open worked too!

• Options
    Hey... It's a little sister and a big daddy! Funny how I never really noticed that Trope until Bioshock came out.

(How would I even look up that sort of trope? "Scary little girl with big hulk"?)

• Options
    Nocren wrote:
    I'm not sure, but I think Tanya's VA did Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter films.
    They sound similiar to me anyway.

Tanya's VA is actually the voice of Minnie Mouse. No, seriously.

Also, I didn't mention it before, but Boris Stovich is voiced by Jim Cummings, who has voiced...well, like thousands of famous voices. Most famously, though, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.

• Options
    Isn't he also Occelot? Or Col. Campbell? (one of the two anyway).

Anyway, back to the story!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Added the voices. One of the Tanya voice bits just didn't record right, so I left it out.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Also, the benefits of having a set that's far too large...most of the prep work is done already for the next set!

Magic User 52 - Mordavian Nights

Set Music - Mordavia Nights

Ocz8d.png

F7bDD.pngSo...I should probably get out of here...fast.

To-Do:
    - Find way into out of Castle Borgov.
    -- The Master is a she (Dark?) (Katrina?)
    -- The Daughter is a vampiric Tanya (innkeeper daughter)
    -- The stranger (Adda Bees?) isn't well liked at all

-- Innkeeper Yuri - Lost a daughter, taken by gypsies? ran away, became vampire
    -- Burgo - Just begging for someone to arrest
    - How did I get here?
    - Who brought me here?

F7bDD.pngYup, now that's a lot of shit to process, when I have the time. But for now...to find a way out.

myMbk.png

F7bDD.pngAnother bookcase...another puzzle?.

11WXa.png
    ypU3o.png

F7bDD.pngWell, I'm looking for the exit, so let's just go with E-X-I-T.

K75RN.png

F7bDD.png...I'm not exactly sure how that caused me to end up back here, but I do know how to get back to the crypt passage from here!

hL4bD.png

F7bDD.pngOkay, bookshelf, reveal your puzzling secrets!

mQ1JX.png The books all seem to be glued in place. You also can't get the bookshelf to move. If there's a secret passage here, the trigger is somewhere else in the room.

F7bDD.pngLook, John, we both fucking know there is a secret passage here. Somewhere else in the room, though? Hmm...well, that candle looks really off, but I assumed it was just poor sprite work.

yma7u.png

F7bDD.pngSuccess!

QpNNB.png

F7bDD.pngNever thought I'd be so happy to see a dark crypt.

To-Do:
    - Find way out of Castle Borgov.

JtHGT.png

F7bDD.pngWell shit. I guess we get to see what goes bump in the night around here after all. I should head to town to see if there's still a way in.

cg5eB.png

F7bDD.pngNothing too interesting so far...

UKeg6.png

F7bDD.png...I ain't fraid of no ghosts.

iA7Jw.png

F7bDD.pngWell, that depends. Which way is your way?

MKqMk.png I'm trying to find my way home. I keep getting lost. Can you show me the way to town?

F7bDD.pngWell sure, it's right over...

The ghostly apparition vanishes.

F7bDD.png...well that was rude. So, who's missing a ghost?

To-Do:

F7bDD.pngI'll have to keep that in mind next time she...appears. For now, though, town!

b9G7m.png
    lEIDK.png

F7bDD.pngAlmost there...

Ym9vH.png

F7bDD.pngHey, isn't that...

gyLUk.png It is good to see you again. I hope you are enjoying your visit to Mordavia. You need to take better care of yourself, you know. It is very dangerous out at night.

F7bDD.pngDangerous? A few ghosts and bats, nothing Jim Darkmagic hasn't handled before!

gyLUk.png Why, you've been injured! Take this and drink it, it should help. I would be most displeased...I mean, sorry, if something were to happen to you.

F7bDD.pngBah, I'm fi...ooh, that's nice. You seem to know just what I need!

gyLUk.png Come to me, I have something to show you.

F7bDD.png(Must...maintain...skepticism. Little girl...vampire...castle. But Katrina is so amazing...) I'll be right there. I hope it's something Jim likes...

r0BdB.png

gyLUk.png I warned you it is dangerous here at night, and you do not listen. I intend to teach you a lesson.

mQ1JX.pngA strange feeling sweeps your body.

F7bDD.pngOh fu...

mQ1JX.pngYou realize that you now know the "Frostbite" spell.

+6 Learn Frostbite from Katrina (152)

gyLUk.pngPerhaps that will help keep you alive, when I am not around.

F7bDD.png...unreal! You are the most perfect woman I've ever met. Looks, smarts, helpful, magic! What more could a master wizard even want!

gyLUk.png You flatter me. It's nice to have someone so handsome and attractive as you say such things to me.

F7bDD.pngHeh, handsome. I'm also a renowned hero, you know. I've saved countless villages, and am known in parts of the world as the Hero of Spielburg, Prince of Shapeir, Doom of Tarna...

gyLUk.png How fascinating. I've never met a true Hero before. You must tell me more some time.

F7bDD.pngPlus, the night's still young. I could walk you back to the castle if you...

RSROX.png

mQ1JX.png Before you can think to follow her, the young peasant girl has disappeared into the forest.

F7bDD.pngOh fuck! I shouldn't have mentioned the castle, now I went and scared her away!

Well, now to find a way around this gate, since Open refuses to work. And by around, I mean over. Levitate!

oOyPT.png
    1czgW.png

F7bDD.pngTake that, magical lock! Now, to hope the inn is still accessible...

DLvrA.png

F7bDD.pngWhew!

Ul7pX.png

F7bDD.pngOkay...everyone sees the gnome on the barrel, right?

YFJbs.png

F7bDD.pngOh, this ought to be a fucking riot. Okay, fine, I'll humor you for now. All you need is to be funnier than the impressionists in the bar. It's a low bar.

m1ZlQ.png

rVNI8.png Good Evening, ladies and germs. A funny thing happened on the way to Mordavia -- I got here.

I walked up ta the innkeeper here and says to the guy, 'Do you know how lucky you are to have such a funny guy as myself staying here?' The innkeeper said, 'No, but if you hum a few bars, I can fake it.'

You may as well laugh now. This act doesn't get any funnier.

F7bDD.pngOh, he's not kidding. If you really need to hear the whole act, listen to the audio.

mQ1JX.png Whew! The Gnome has stopped speaking. Maybe he's finished telling his joke. You think about applauding, but you're not quite sure if you've heard the punchline yet.

rVNI8.pngWhat did you think of my performance? Was I hilarious or what?

F7bDD.png...What?

rVNI8.png Is this an inn or a cemetery? I've had livelier times at funerals. Some help you were, couldn't you at least have smiled a little louder?

I'm staying at this inn for a while until I find something here. I've got the last door down the hall. Visit me sometime. I'm sure we can have a few laughs together.

F7bDD.pngHey, as long as you also think you being set on fire is funny. I'll keep you in mind, though.

To-Do:
    -- Punny Bones - Gnome Jester. Lost something, hopefully his sense of humor

rVNI8.png Hey, what am I, shredded wheat? If you're talking behind my back, at least have the courtesy to do it face to face.

F7bDD.pngOn second thought, I'd better get to my room before I torch this entire place in anger. Good night.

rCDu9.png

F7bDD.pngThat's enough craziness for one day.

gfMxu.png

F7bDD.pngFinally, a good night's sleep.

6cIvP.png

Do you see him?

Yes, he is sleeping. Most likely in the inn, although it is hard to focus the vision enough to tell.

I do not understand why you did not just capture him in the first place. These charades you play are foolish.

Silence! To serve us, it will be for the best if he acts under his own free will. Why make an enemy out of a willing tool? Ah, but I forget, he is already YOUR enemy

This is not someone to play games with, I say. If he finds out what is going on, he will never cooperate. Besides, you risk his death -- Mordavia is a very dangerous place.

I think he is quite capable of taking care of himself. Besides, I have ways of making him cooperate, as you well know. I will use them only if I must.

The voices fade off into oblivion.

F7bDD.pngNice...peaceful...sleep....zzzz...

Points tally (starting from 146):
    +6 Learn Frostbite from Katrina
    Total: 152 points out of 500

rzl8M.png

Voices in!

Piotyr on
  • Options
    HammerlockHammerlock Registered User regular
    Are you going to go through the dream cycle at the staff as well?

• Options
    Yeah, I'm going to try to hit up as many of the dream triggers as I can.

• Options
    Voices added to set 52.

• Options
    Lovin' it.

Tanya's always been one of my favorite parts of this game.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    It's a very bone-themed set.

Magic User 53 - Completely Boned

Set Music - Cranium's Lab

EXbRi.png

F7bDD.pngNope, the sleep didn't help.

To-Do:
    -- Punny Bones - Gnome Jester. Lost something, hopefully his sense of humor
    -- Innkeeper Yuri - Lost a daughter, ran away, became vampire
    -- Nikolai - Lost wife Anna long ago in forest. Ghost in the forest?
    -- Burgo - Just begging for someone to arrest
    - Something going down at Castle Borgov
    -- Katrina - Mysterious, magical, awesome...master? Dark Master?
    -- Tanya - vampiric child, ran away from Inn, cared for by Katrina
    -- The stranger (Adda Bees?) isn't well liked at all, by anyone
    - How did I get here?
    - Who brought me here?

F7bDD.pngFirst, I'll murder check on that gnome. See if what he lost was valuable.

km658.png

F7bDD.pngI suppose I'll just knock politely, since that's kind of my bread and butter with these door situations...

4QIcO.png

mQ1JX.png A voice from behind the door says, "Oops, sorry! Seems I forgot about my burglar alarm. Hope it wasn't too shocking for you!"

F7bDD.pngI may be a lousy thief, but I'm an excellent wizard. Not sure what enrages me more, the bad puns or the fact that I fell for a fucking door trap.

rVNI8.png Halloo, howarya? Come in and have a sit, why doncha?

rBfnS.png
    As you sit down, a rude noise comes from the chair seat.

rVNI8.png Ha, ha, ha! Gets ya every time! A million laughts! How are ya, gouda see ya! Nice aya to drop in. Speaking a dropping in, did ya hear the one about the bad waiter? Seems he was always dropping in! Dropping in! Get it? Didn't think so. No one gots a sense a humor anymore. Not even me.

F7bDD.pngYou'll lose a lot more than a sense of humor unless you cut the shit right the fuck now. I am Jim Darkmagic, Hero of Spielburg, Prince of Shapeir, Doom of Tarna, and a Wizard you should not be fucking trifling with!

rVNI8.png What was that you were saying about saving Spielburg?

F7bDD.pngOh, you know, not much, I just murdered a species, put the brigands out of business, destroyed a kobold wizard just because I could, saved the Baron's children and cleared an ogress out of town using her own curse. Perhaps you've heard of me.

rVNI8.png So you're the guy that made me lose my sensa humor. If ya hadn't made Baba Yaga mad, I never woulda told the joke that made her take my humor away.

F7bDD.pngWait, you really did lose your sense of humor? For realsies?

rVNI8.png She has no sensa humor whatsoever, lemme tell ya. I was just telling a joke about how some Hero got Baba baby hopping made and fit ta be toad. How was I to know she was in the audience at the time?

Anyhow, Baba Yaga stands up, says some bad poetry, and the next thing I know my jokes are jumbled and my puns are pathetic. So here I am in nowhere land trying ta locate Baba Yaga soze I can get the curse removed and my humor returned.

F7bDD.pngWell, gnome, you're in luck. I'll take on the case of the missing humor, for the good of everyone's sanity around here (well, what's left of it, anyway). Plus, it gives me an actual reason to be there, so Skullsy can let me by.

To-Do:
    -- Punny Bones - Gnome Jester. Lost something, hopefully his sense of humor Baba Yaga stole his humor. No, really.

F7bDD.pngNow, what's that on your bed, some kind of...chicken?

mQ1JX.png The chicken seems to be made out of rubber. "What's rubber?" you wonder. You also consider how it would taste cooked in garlic.

F7bDD.pngOkay, I'm too curious. Consider this your down payment for the case, Gnome. And don't speak again, because I'm this close to making my own gnome ice sculpture, because I actually have an ice spell now.

+2 Get Rubber Chicken from Punny Bones' room (154)

F7bDD.pngNow...breakfast?

P60hQ.png

F7bDD.pngSo, guys, what's this I hear about your daughter running away?

AEayq.png...

F7bDD.pngErr, I mean...thanks for the immunity to vampires!...I'll just let myself out again.

OPgLn.png

F7bDD.pngFirst I'd better check if Crazium finished that reanimation potion yet. All the dead and undead shit around here, I'm going to need a barrel of that stuff.

N62GV.png

F7bDD.pngHey, crazy Nikolai. Keep on living there, I may yet find a solution to your sanity problem.

icKEU.png

0cd3I.png I believe I am on the verge of a major discovery! It came to me last night -- I believe that there is a formula which can be used to create a Rehydration Solution!

Such a solution could be used to restore fluidity to any substance or object that has become prematurely dry. Why, if we can but manufacture Dr. Cranium's Rehydration Solution in sufficient quantities, we could rehydrate the great Shapeirian desert!

F7bDD.pngNow we're talking, finally. The reanimation potion! Now let me see that manual for the elemental formula...

2rsbS.png

+2 Give Rehydration Solution formula (156)

0cd3I.png Yes, that sounds just right! By the way, I could use some Grue Goo for one of my experiments. It would be most kind if you could bring me some when you return for the Rehydration Solution.

I have your Rehydration Solution all ready. I will be happy to exchange it for a flask of Grue Goo. When you bring me the Goo I will give you your Solution.

F7bDD.pngNo sweat, I know exactly where the goo is. A bottle of goo in exchange for the ability to reanimate the dead? It's a steal!

To-Do:
    -- Dr. Crazium - The fluid? ...Reanimation potion? Goo in exchange for reanimation? All too easy.

lSRpv.png

F7bDD.pngEmpty flask, meet goo. Goo, flask. Everyone wins.

v3j4V.png

+6 Acquire Grue Goo (162)

F7bDD.pngNow, wasn't there something else I was supposed to do with this squid stone?

To-Do:

F7bDD.pngHmm...I can't even pretend to have a dead child's soul right now. There's that vampiric child Tanya, but I'm not even sure she has her soul at this point.

I'll have to remember to check that flora and fauna manual in the Adventurer's Guild, to see if that can give me any clues as to dead children's souls around here.

To-Do:
    - Check "manual" for evidence of a dead child's soul around Mordavia.

F7bDD.pngNow, back to deliver...

xts27.png

F7bDD.pngHmm...I wonder if there's anything interesting in that swamp. Any spells I have that can assist that?

7dmCl.png Flame Dart: 315
    jd01h.png Force Bolt: 302
    1uuwK.png Open: 280
    VATuz.png Zap: 275
    9SYW7.png Trigger: 259
    MMQqX.png Fetch: 253
    heOWH.png Detect Magic: 209
    XLzbT.png Protection: 106
    T5REU.png Frost Bite: 100

F7bDD.pngLooks like a combination of Protection, Reversal and Glide should make this easy.

mQ1JX.png As you start to Glide, you realize the only way to get back up to dry areas will be to grab hold of something and pull yourself up.

F7bDD.pngBah, technicalities. Let's do some exploring!

uUJb0.png

F7bDD.pngMuck...

lxSXB.png

F7bDD.pngMuck...

zXsf1.png

F7bDD.pngSpooks! How cute, they think they're spellcasters. Hi, guys, Jim Darkmagic here, and I'm afraid you're well out of your league here. You can't even do damage to me, as a matter of fact, thanks to Reversal.

vgWXc.png

F7bDD.pngNow I, on the other hand, appear to be able to do considerable damage to you. And it also just so happens I've been practically begging to burn something all morning, so...yay me, I guess.

72yjp.png

F7bDD.pngNow, what's this stone you were so adamantly guarding for what must have been a long fucking time.

mQ1JX.png The standing stone looks like a crude, oversized tombstone. It features an inset six-pointed star figure similar to the one on the Monastery door. The points are slightly curved like the arms of a starfish. Arcane symbols label each point of the star.

F7bDD.pngThis Dark One sign is just the gift that keeps on giving, eh?

7kdhR.png

F7bDD.pngLet's see, if I know my arcane symbols, those symbols look like a Mouth, Bones, Blood, Breath, Sense, Heart, and Essence. Anything I know of related to those symbols?

To-Do:

+6 Find the Mad Monk's tomb in the swamp (168)

F7bDD.pngMad Monk's Tombstone, I presume, then? Too bad about the followers, I guess. They were somewhat worthy target practice. Guess I'll just turn the Sign to the symbols in order, then.

mQ1JX.png Finally you feel the Dark One Sign settle. You pull on it, opening the Tomb, and retrieve a damp but readable scroll from its depths. It is the Dark One's Bone Ritual.

You retrieve the Dark One Sign from the monolith.

+2 Acquire the Bone Ritual (170)

To-Do:
    -- 1. Bone - Mad Monk's Tombstone, guarded by followers Acquired in swamp

F7bDD.pngWell, then, consider this swamp explored.

khWdX.png

F7bDD.pngBack to land we go.

NIwH3.png

F7bDD.pngNow to deliver the goo to Crazium.

oRI4K.png
    TWBcS.png

F7bDD.pngHere's the goo, now give me the Reanimation.

0cd3I.png That is terrific! This is just what I need for my experiments! As I promised, here is your Rehydration Solution.

F7bDD.pngWait, rehydration? I thought this was Reanimation solution! This is just fucking water! Thanks for nothing, asshat.

042Kc.png

F7bDD.pngFuck it, I have some time, let's pay a visit to that ogress. Not for the gnome, for me.

1VmoS.png

F7bDD.pngNot now, fake bush.

u1JvN.png

cJznZ.png So, have you got an excuse for being here, or have ya just come to keep me company?

F7bDD.pngShe stole some gnome jester's humor, and I'm here to get it back...for everyone's sanity.

cJznZ.pngSo the Gnome's a hardluck case. If I had tears, I'd weep for him. If ya wants Baba Yaga ta do something about it, ya gotta deal with me. Give me something to improve my looks, and maybe I'll let you into the hut.

F7bDD.pngYou know what'd improve your looks? Another large hole in your head via Force Bolt.

cJznZ.png I wouldn't do that if I were you.

F7bDD.pngUgh...fine, I'll keep an eye out.

To-Do:
    - Find something that will improve Bonehead's looks. Sunglasses? Hat?

F7bDD.pngBut now, it's getting dark, and I'm overdue for some rest. The inn didn't exactly offer a good night's rest the past few nights, so...

pHKn3.png

F7bDD.pngFinally, a good night's sleep.

OP9o0.png
    ZagAR.png
    You feel the sensation of floating freely in a swirling cloud of magic. You are warm and safe surrounded by the sound of peaceful beauty. You feel as if you were suddenly totally alive. You can remember every happy moment of your past, taste every favorite sensation, hear all the colors of the universe. This is the true joy of living.

wJkb7.pngMmm...good dreams...

aK1uo.png
    You cannot breathe. The darkness is tearing the warmth, life and magic from your body. Pain - the agony of lungs without air, the burning cold of a body trapped in ice, the terror of helplessness as death approaches. You float, cold and lifeless.

wJkb7.png...this dream blows...

Points tally (starting from 152):
    +2 Acquire Rubber Chicken from Punny Bones
    +2 Give Rehydration Solution formula
    +6 Acquire Grue Goo
    +6 Locate Mad Monk's tombstone
    +2 Acquire Bone Ritual
    Total: 170 points out of 500

kuNEA.png

Piotyr on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I may end up doing a set simply of training/combat/dream montage, because once I hit the "point of no return button" in this game, there won't be time to do any of that.

I'm not quite ready for that yet, as I'm still waiting on an event, but once that event happens it's possible for me to end the game in like 2 days.

EDIT: And the more of this game I play, the more I just remember how incredibly awesome the finale is. Can't wait!

Piotyr on
  • Options
    Surprised you managed to get through the swamp. Did those fanpatches fix that?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, they did. Didn't have a single problem with it.

• Options
    Voices added for Set 53.

• Options
    Don't you have to do something with the will-o'-wisps in the swamp or is that later/another class?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote:
    Don't you have to do something with the will-o'-wisps in the swamp or is that later/another class?
    Yeah, I just need to find a way to somehow make the logical jump of will-o-wisp = dead child's soul, since it's not explained in the game anywhere.

• Options
    RericReric Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    Nocren wrote:
    Yeah, I just need to find a way to somehow make the logical jump of will-o-wisp = dead child's soul, since it's not explained in the game anywhere.

Not even in Dr Craniums creature identify machine? Also thanks for doing this most recent series as I was never ever to complete it do to the game crashing at various points. Also I had the original version so I didn't get to listen to all the bad celebrity impressions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Reric wrote:
    Piotyr wrote:
    Nocren wrote:

Not even in Dr Craniums creature identify machine? Also thanks for doing this most recent series as I was never ever to complete it do to the game crashing at various points. Also I had the original version so I didn't get to listen to all the bad celebrity impressions.

Negative, after you identify the two animals, you can no longer use the TRAP machine.