Options

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I also have one three keys. Just found them in my "maybe spam" folder.
    PGELHP4WD4JGKPNHE6KMX7XPK

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    The patch for this weekends beta is taking forever :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Okay so. New intro movie. Way more baller than the last one.

http://vid.buffed.de/hdvideo/7733/Tera-Das-IntroVideo-zum-FrogsterMMO

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    TheRealDestianTheRealDestian Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Beezel wrote: »
    Okay so. New intro movie. Way more baller than the last one.

http://vid.buffed.de/hdvideo/7733/Tera-Das-IntroVideo-zum-FrogsterMMO

I'm not sure if that's a new intro or a trailer they put together...

In either case, not sure I like how much it focuses on the IoD when, even with the revisions, I don't expect to spend more than 10 or so levels there...

Infinitely better than the first opening, though...

TheRealDestian on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Yeah that is a pretty epic intro for what is essentially 'Tutorial Island'.

Still, pretty awesome.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Peff wrote: »

Turn off p2p, supposed to help.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Turning off p2p absolutely helped. My download speeds were still jumping up and down here and there, but it was jumping from 2mb/s to 500k/s, where with p2p on it was just sitting at like 20 kb/s non stop.

• Options
    Anyone else looking forward to the invasions tonight? :D

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »

Turn off p2p, supposed to help.

You are my new favorite person

steam_sig.png
  • Options

As a mystic, I feel it will be my duty to litter the ground with bright, sparkling orbs to help lag the server to oblivion

• Options
    Beezel wrote: »

As a mystic, I feel it will be my duty to litter the ground with bright, sparkling orbs to help lag the server to oblivion

In other words, you're going to cause trouble with your balls.

• Options
    Basically just another Friday night for me, sure.

• Options
    As an aside, anyone already in the Arachnaea guild already be sure to check for apps in the guild window if I'm not around. Everyone should have the ability to approve join requests

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    Servers are up for NA cbt5.

Hope I don't get that much lag playing from the UK.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I made a Lancer and tried out a 360 controller. it worked well, though I need to pay attention to those crosshairs. Also need to play around the the controller options to see if I can move some buttons around. Still, it played nicely. The kind of Action gameplay I've wanted in a MMO. I'll play more later this afternoon after some errands.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    I'm playing now and wow, this game is gorgeous. The animations are fantastic and the atmosphere is almost overwhelming. Can't wait to see more!

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So how does one get into whatever guild we have going during the beta?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    ummm, when I try and log in it says "select account" = Tera Trial (insufficient privalges). DOes this mean I need a new beta code for this week? I thought one beta code was good for all the weekends.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    No, a beta code only works for the weekend you got it before. If you want to get into any closed betas after that, you need a new key.

Good news is that if you look up the page a ways, you'll see some people mentioning they have keys. PM them.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    If you have pre-ordered, you are in all betas. If you just got a key for a previous beta, you'll need a new key.

• Options
    ZalinZalin Registered User regular
    So how does one get into whatever guild we have going during the beta?

From the social menu there is a "Guilds on Server" option at the top.
    If you're on Arachnaea, our Guild is "We Are Nice Guys." There's an apply button to the right.
    Trying out a new warrior (Drelan), so I'll be on all evening

Steam: Zalin Drelan | PSN: Aragorn566
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    If you have pre-ordered, you are in all betas. If you just got a key for a previous beta, you'll need a new key.

huh, I pre ordered it from gamestop but they didn't have beta codes until the next day and I just didn't bother going to get one cause I got one offline. whatever, I just preordered it from the website...

Minerva_SC on
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    God damn the area chat for the starting area is a pile of shit. I left when people were opening talking about the ME3 ending.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah the open chat channels for any MMO are much worse during a beta, if that can be believed. It's basically because there are a ton of people with no investment in the game playing, so they basically sit around being shitheels. During the last beta I played (CB3 I believe) I ran two separate characters all the way through the tutorial island, and that entire time the same people were there making nuisances of themselves.

It's a good idea to just turn it off immediately upon entering the game.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So far I'm definitely not seeing it. Spam attacks, dodge out of the way of telegraphed attack, etc.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    So far I'm definitely not seeing it. Spam attacks, dodge out of the way of telegraphed attack, etc.

Get to 20, fight some BAMs, run the dungeon.

The early mobs are painfully easy. You've not yet begun to see what the combat system can really do.

TheRealDestian on
  • Options
    KeldarKeldar Registered User new member
    Thanks, I got that last key. Appreciate it, I didn't find / get access this weekend, so was nice.

Now I need to go catch up to my friends that has been playing for 4 hours :(

• Options
    Didn't get a chance to finish patching and this thing is huge :( looks like I'll miss my chance to try it out tonight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    holy shit that was hilarious.

• Options
    Didn't get a chance to finish patching and this thing is huge :( looks like I'll miss my chance to try it out tonight.

Did you make sure to turn off P2P? I had to catch up on patches from the last beta as well as this one, and it was done in just a few minutes.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    honestly, the whole "talk to some guy, then talk to some guy 5 feet away from him" quest trend is infuriating. I really hope this is just some lowbie area thing, but I doubt it. GODDAMN it drives me nuts.

also, why does my game always look slightly blurry.everyones screenshots are always crisp, and my game looks like that zoomed in, but not when I'm zoomed out. I have everything maxed.

Minerva_SC on
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options

Did you make sure to turn off P2P? I had to catch up on patches from the last beta as well as this one, and it was done in just a few minutes.

Yeah...its my first beta though so its a huge patch :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Me and a friend got up to level 12 before calling it a night. Feels pretty good so far, the combat and visuals were pretty mindblowing after quitting WoW a few months ago. Only complaint is that the game is so damn easy. Combat got a lot more monotonous when I realised I didn't ever need to block anything. Hoping the game actually becomes a challenge in the next zone.

I don't really have a problem with the quests being all 'Kill X' affairs - it feels the same as any other MMO but without having to faff about with inventory items or looting.

And god damn is the channel system a god send. Never having to wait for mobs to respawn in populated areas adds so much to the game.

I was playing from the UK with no lag at all. Hopefully the beta servers are representative of live ones.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    Blurbl wrote: »
    Me and a friend got up to level 12 before calling it a night. Feels pretty good so far, the combat and visuals were pretty mindblowing after quitting WoW a few months ago. Only complaint is that the game is so damn easy. Combat got a lot more monotonous when I realised I didn't ever need to block anything. Hoping the game actually becomes a challenge in the next zone.

I don't really have a problem with the quests being all 'Kill X' affairs - it feels the same as any other MMO but without having to faff about with inventory items or looting.

And god damn is the channel system a god send. Never having to wait for mobs to respawn in populated areas adds so much to the game.

I was playing from the UK with no lag at all. Hopefully the beta servers are representative of live ones.

It depends on the class you're playing for difficulty I guess. It's like night and day for me from my priest to a warrior. The dodge system just doesn't seem to be all that impressive and if I want to use it effectively it can take a bit of time to kill things. I've died quite a few times on my warrior and have had a good amount of down time healing. None of that shit on my priest. just pew pew pew, things die, if for some reason I got hit, I just hit my self heal, never have mana issues.

and honestly, people complaining about a grind are out of their minds. I'm still in the teens, but leveling is ridiculously easy, especially with rested exp. I'm pretty sure I got 70% of a level just doing a single kill quest in one of the areas. I can see said quests getting kind of repetitive though for 50 levels.

Can you level through pvping?

I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Trying out a priest this time. I like that I can just spam-click to fire from a distance. Mobility is a huge factor now compared to the berserker I almost exclusively played the previous beta, while at the same time, I appreciate the differences in combat styles for a melee and ranged/support class.

If I were to keep playing full-time, these two would very likely be my main characters. I need to try fighting some BAMs though, so I can see whether or not I'll take that monetary leap. Level 14, so I should be able to pull it off.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Minerva_SC wrote: »

It depends on the class you're playing for difficulty I guess. It's like night and day for me from my priest to a warrior. The dodge system just doesn't seem to be all that impressive and if I want to use it effectively it can take a bit of time to kill things. I've died quite a few times on my warrior and have had a good amount of down time healing. None of that shit on my priest. just pew pew pew, things die, if for some reason I got hit, I just hit my self heal, never have mana issues.

and honestly, people complaining about a grind are out of their minds. I'm still in the teens, but leveling is ridiculously easy, especially with rested exp. I'm pretty sure I got 70% of a level just doing a single kill quest in one of the areas. I can see said quests getting kind of repetitive though for 50 levels.

Can you level through pvping?

The difficulty of mobs does start to ramp up, at least to the point where blocking and dodging is required... but yeah it does depend on your class, and healers have obvious advantages when it comes to downtime, with the trade-off being damage (slower killing). Warriors are well-known to be the most difficult class to play, though it's my understanding that they are getting a major re-vamp come launch so who knows what they'll be like.

The coolest thing is that each class really does come with its own playstyle, so if you haven't quite found what you're looking for, try something else.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options

There's a content revamp from 1-40 that'll be in OBT, as well as a new starter zone BEFORE the IoD so the IoD can be made harder.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I got up to 30 last night on my Berserker.

I don't know why people were saying that Sinestral Manor was hard. It was easier than Bastion to me. Now those Ovoids or whatever they are called, those things are hard. Fimbrilisks were pretty easy as far as BAMs go, once you get their tells down.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sinestral manor tripped a lot of people up that've never seen it before because it's the first fight in the game where there's something resembling a "Do this or you done fucked up" mechanic. Meaning the boss has to be interrupted before it spawns adds that chew up your healers.

In a way I'm glad a lot of people going forward are going to be going into a lot of these fights blind

Beezel on
This discussion has been closed.