As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comic Thread is New, Wednesday March 30, 2011

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Penny Arcade, as directed by Quentin Tarantino

After ten minutes of this, Gabe has to leave the room to avoid drowning in it

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    haha its great, the last frame should be Gabe new twitter icon.

DaltonCarl on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    God people, always cut away from yourself! This is Bear Scouts 101. Need to take away all your whittling chips.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Looks like a claw shrimp wound to me.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Heh, I just gashed open my thumb with a on monday, too. :^:

Jacques L'Homme on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Penny Arcade, as directed by Quentin Tarantino

After ten minutes of this, Gabe has to leave the room to avoid drowning in it

Queue quirky song

Hunter on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    With what jacques, with what?! You can't leave the one of the key parts of information out like that

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Was it a broadsword? That would be cool. There's not enough broadsword injuries anymore.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The summer before I left for college, I started selling knives to make a little extra money before leaving. You know those little turds that try to get into your house and sell you a $700 Cutco knife set? Yeah, that was me. I didn't know any better. Anyway, my VERY FIRST appointment, I was demonstrating how sharp our paring knife was by cutting through a piece of leather. The guy thought he'd be clever and brought me another piece that was like three times as thick, and being the fine salesman I was, I decided to show him who was boss. I put my thumb down on the leather to steady it and thrust the blade down with all my might.

You can guess what happened.

Blood, everywhere. Thankfully I'd set out a little cloth over his table for the demonstration, but it was messy. The guy freaked out, he just sat there on his couch with his hands on his head, swearing. I ran to the bathroom and cleaned it as best I could, realizing that I was desperately going to need stitches. At the same time, I also desperately needed money. So I of course went out and finished the demo with one of the dude's towels around my thumb, the guy just staring at me the whole time. Once I was done, I thanked him, gathered my things, and went straight to the hospital.

Two weeks later, I got an order form from him. He decided he wanted a pair of kitchen shears.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Idgi

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Peccavi wrote: »
    God people, always cut away from yourself! This is Bear Scouts 101. Need to take away all your whittling chips.

images.jpg

Oh, yeah, those pesky nouns. It was indeed a broad sword. I use broad swords for all sorts of things.
    and by broad swords I mean butter knifes.

Jacques L'Homme on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I nearly severed my left pointer finger using a butcher knife to cut the ears off of a frozen chocolate easter bunny when I was 10 years old. Sufficeth to say it wasn't my parents' most shining ER moment.

Also, I was kind of a bastard of a child.

GRMike on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A butter sword

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    End wrote: »
    A butter sword

+10 to bleed effects.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    One time I nicked off a bit of the tip of my finger and nail using a mandolin slicer.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gabe's gotten to play with blood a fair bit lately.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    The Geek wrote: »
    One time I nicked off a bit of the tip of my finger and nail using a mandolin slicer.

My wife's dad did that with a cheap mandolin slicer. Instead of putting the cucumber he was slicing in the guard he was just holding it by hand and wondered why he ended up losing most of the skin off the bottom of his hand and little finger.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My dad once gouged his hand open real nice with a chisel while working on a block that was to become one of my pinewood derby cars.

Definitely taught me the lesson of working with the tool pointed away from myself.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011

My wife's dad did that with a cheap mandolin slicer. Instead of putting the cucumber he was slicing in the guard he was just holding it by hand and wondered why he ended up losing most of the skin off the bottom of his hand and little finger.

I also was slicing a cucumber at the time.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I cut my foot pretty badly in the eighth grade on a boat prop

feet are like the hands of the legs, right?

Langly on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011

I also was slicing a cucumber at the time.

Men think they know what to do handling phallic objects around razor edges.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have an awesome bloody cut hand story.

It was my freshman year at art college. I was in the 3d sculpture workshop late at night on Halloween trying to complete my maquette for this thing called activity week. There was a bunch of people there working on similar things. This was mostly the metal work shop - welding, sautering, cutting etc. But there was a wood shop two doors down. It was a pretty good night - there was candy, halloween nonsense, and people making art.

So suddenly, in runs the wood shop safety monitor clutching his hand. Blood is going EVERYWHERE. I mean its like a movie. None of can see anything, and hes screaming murder. So everyone starts laughing. Man this halloween is awesome! Nice trick wood shop safety monitor. You nearly got us.

"IM NOT FUCKING JOKING"

Oh. OH FUCK. OH FUCK THREE OF HIS FINGERS ARE MISSING.

OH FUCK OH FUCK CALL 911.

Turns out he had severed through most of his hand with the bandsaw. There was blood everywhere and someone kept pressure on the wound while I helped him keep his hand elevated before the ambulance arrived. It was... interesting.

He fortunately got his fingers reattached with only a bit of stiffness after it healed. But I don't he ever really liked us after we laughed at his hilarious Halloween trick.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    One thanksgiving my mother was cutting the turkey with an old electric knife.

I walked into the kitchken as she was taking the knife apart so she could wash it. She was tugging on the blades and it didn't register with me what the fuck she was doing.

I figured it out just as her hand slipped and she raked her hand down the blades.

She forgot to push the release button for the blades. So much blood. She refused to go to the hospital, and now doesn't have any feeling in one of her finger tips.

mcp on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    My dad once gouged his hand open real nice with a chisel while working on a block that was to become one of my pinewood derby cars.

Definitely taught me the lesson of working with the tool pointed away from myself.

Did it also teach you not to attempt the bullet catch anymore?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm 25, never cut myself once.

And I've handled sharp knives, and am certified to work in metal workshops with all kinds of saws, blades, and the like.

Sure, you get scrapes now and then, but those aren't cuts.

Hopefully I'll lose two fingers all at once in the near future to compensate.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Not a great story, but a couple of months ago I sliced my finger on a friend's ceramic kitchen knife. Those fuckers are sharp. Sliced cleanly through the very tip of my thumb (mostly the dead skin) and barely felt it. It bled for a long time.

Ballman on
  • Options
    MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've never had it too bad. The only one that sticks in my mind was cutting an orange when I was a kid. Slice through the orange, slice into my hand, in goes the citrus. I ate the orange.

On the Grimm's subject, I seem to remember in Snow White, the queen asked the mirror her question after she'd killed Snow White and was told about a princess who was fairer than she. Of course, this is the awakened and newly married Snow White. The queen goes to the wedding to check things out and gets recognized, so they put her in stone or metal shoes and make her dance herself to death.

MagnumCT on
  • Options
    VeeVee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    First off, Gabe's face in the 3rd panel is the best.

Also I have never cut myself badly. Sure I've got nicks and scratches, but never anything deep or requiring stitches.

My mom has gotten one bad cut. She was doing the dishes and her hand was in this glass and it just sorta exploded around her hand while she was washing it. She's got this really long curvy scar now around her index finger. It needed stithes of course.

My dad though, oh man he's the worst. He does a lot of handy man stuff (installing cabinets, tile, etc.) and he's always used saws. And I have no idea why he isn't more careful, but not only does he have like a 2 inch scar across his forearm from when a fucking SAW BLADE cut into it (it is a badass scar tho) he is also missing the tip of his index finger almost up to his knuckle from, once again, a saw blade!

Vee on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    FUCKING.

YES.

I am stupid excited to announce a Lookouts table top game and comic book! http://bit.ly/12t6FN Retweet and spread the word! #Lookouts

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh man, lookouts digital comic + lookouts board game

www.cryptozoic.com/games/lookouts-board-game.com

Brolo on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Holy balls that is awesome.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    WOOOOOOOOO!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've never cut myself badly on my hands or elsewhere, but I always seem to get mysterious cuts all over my hands and I never know from where. Like it'll be the middle of the guy and I'll be typing and then I'll realize it hurts and then whoah where did all those cuts on my fingers come from.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gabe did what Donny Dont does.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD3agP5hv0

I think all high school table saws should probably have these installed. Or just all table saws in general.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    theSquid wrote: »
    I cut pretty deep into my hand with a FRED on accident once. That's about it.

Flashing Rear End Device?

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    vBulletin Message
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I blame the gif thread.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rolo wrote: »
    oh man, lookouts digital comic + lookouts board game

www.cryptozoic.com/games/lookouts-board-game.com

I kind of wish it didn't have the hybrid role-playing elements, really. I have friends who will play board games but would probably never want to go to the work of creating a character, and don't even have a concept of what an RPG is besides some vague notion about dungeons and dragons.

Still, it's always good to see the PA empire continue to branch out and expand, especially when it's one of the side stories getting in the spotlight. I eagerly await more details.

Gaslight on
This discussion has been closed.