As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[4E D&D] (IC) Temple of Elemental Evil {Ruins of the Moathouse}

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Given a few moments to themselves, the beetles are able to pull themselves back together pretty quickly.

The form stands into a humanoid shape, though there is still a bit of buzzing and clicking as last second repairs are made.

"A query. Is it possible the other will mistake one head of a bugbear for another..." a few clicks and whirs can be heard as they search for the right word, "individual?"

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    "That is a good plan, maybe that would give us some sort of edge." Quinn moves to Brichlush, and puts his hand on the bugbear's shoulder "We are not hitmen. Gnolls may be wicked, but all men and women can be wicked. You have both been in service to wicked masters, but they were honorable to us in our first encounter. It would not be right to pay back their honor with duplicity. You obviously harbor hatred for the gnolls, but perhaps it would be best if you let this enmity go. It can eat away at your insides and one can lose themselves. I know the pain that comes from harboring such hatred, and in the end it will kill you."

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    The large bugbear sneers at Quinn, moving away from the bard's hand as it draws near.

"Spare me the talk of reconciliation, half-elf. In the world of the bugbear there are only those that conquer their enemies and those who are conquered. The gnolls are my mortal enemy and I will see them destroyed; if not now, then before my dying day."

Straightening up again, Brichlush hobbles over to his cot and retrieves a walking stick and a light pack which he slings over his shoulder.

"And now I will take my leave. You are fools if you choose to assault Lareth, but you are fools with quite a talent for fighting...and lesser folk have won battles."

OOC
    If there's anything else for Brichlush go ahead and say so, otherwise he's going to leave the complex

• Options
    Alfonse_PalansoAlfonse_Palanso Registered User regular
    "So, shall we hole up in the secret area? I know I'm pretty exhausted."

"I would think that after too long the gnolls are going to think something is up, with us not returning, or not seeing the bug bears come to their attention as to why "Intruders" were sent to them."

"If what the bugbear says is true, we may expect Lareth and the rest to return underground. From what we have seen, there really hasn't been too much commotion down here. If they do return, they will find the corpse of that smelly ogre Lubash."

• Options
    3seed3seed Registered User regular
    My preference is to not leave the gnolls as a threat. If they would turn on their... ahem... allies, then they're likely to turn on us as well. The only question is whether we will have time to recover from our wounds first." Faergus turns to the last bugbear standing. A grim smile flits across his face and disappears. Do you really want revenge against the dog people? Then advise us on the best way to eliminate them.

• Options
    Quinn let Brichlush go, but nodded sorrowfully at Faergus' statement. "We'll likely have to come to blows against the gnolls, they haven't shown much restraint. If you aren't willing to give up your grudge, it is likely they'll attack us when we return empty-handed. Know that if we ever cross paths again with your wickedness on display, justice will be meted out appropriately. Remember this well, and stay out of our way."

lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    "So..." the buzzing beetles seem confused, "are we cutting off a head or not?"

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    "I cannot," Faergus replies to the swarm of beetles, his voice tired, "but you may if you must."

• Options
    "Must?" The buzzing quiets. "The question had not been settled. If it will please the others, it should be done. If the deception will fail, it has no point." The rest of the party can feel the swarm's attentions turning to them. "It is hard to tell you ... individuals ... apart."

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Brichlush moves to the entrance to the hallway, turning around as Faergus asks his final query.

"Gnolls are dullards, without much of a penchant for strategy. You could probably get them to believe anything; perhaps you chased us out into the forest and hunted us down one by one and the entire process took many hours. Maybe you summoned a greater demon from the depths of The Nine Hells which consumed us entirely. That would at least solve your quandary regarding needing my head.

As to how to destroy them, gnolls will charge into battle in a frenzy without regard for life or limb. Lure them into an advantageous position and you should handle them easily, given how you dispatched us."

Scanning the room one last time, Brichlush turns, leaving the Moathouse and disappearing into the forest.

OOC
    Just a quick reminder: Staff of Verdant Growth +1 and a Potion of Healing need to be allocated.

• Options
    Faergus shakes his head at the foolishness of gnolls. Then let us find this hidey hold and take advantage of the opportunity to recover our strength."

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Valesti finishes her search of the room as the bugbear leaves, taking a moment to watch him leave. She wanted to make sure he was gone, and nothing else was going to appear. They had lost track of that one sneaky bugbear, after all.

"That sounds like a plan. We should be careful...now there's two of them out there. Hope this place is secure enough for a few hours of peace." She sighs. "This job is more trouble than I was expecting..."

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Month: Reaping
    Day: Freeday the 14th
    Time: 1:45am

Ruins of the Moathouse - Secret Chamber

Leaving the bugbears' lair you head to the point where Brichlush told you the secret room would be. Fiddling with a few of the stones you find the appropriate lever and a portion of the stone wall opens inward soundlessly on oiled hinges, exposing a smaller room, roughly forty feet deep and twenty feet wide. A thick layer of dust covers the floor and cobwebs hang from the corners of the ceiling. It does not appear that this room has been used in quite some time.

As you make your way into the area you notice a lever on the wall nearest to the secret door that you opened. Also at the far back side of the room is a smaller alcove inside of which a large iron wheel, covered in dust and cobwebs and with a fair amount of rust upon it, is affixed to the wall. Other than those two items there is nothing else adoring the walls of the room, and no furniture is present. While not particularly roomy or inviting it does appear that this place is secure enough to rest within.

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The thought of getting some rest made my body feel even heavier, and the stone wall seem like down pillow.

Having brought up a watch, just in case something might go awry. Still noting that Valesti still doesn't seem to trust me, I give in to my exhaustion. Using the two cloaks I have, I wrap myself up, sit down, and lean up against the wall. Looking at the rest of the group, "Wake me up if you need someone for a watch."

Alfonse_Palanso on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Flight follows the group in and looks around. Seeing no other exit, they turn and stare forward at the secret door leading into the room. The beetles make little sound, except for the occasional click or scratch as one moves among the swarm.

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Month: Reaping
    Day: Freeday the 14th
    Time: 10:00am

Ruins of the Moathouse - Gnoll Lair Take Two

Wearied by all that has occurred you settle in to rest and recuperate. Not wanting to be caught unawares you determine to set a watch. Flight would watch first, followed by Valesti. Then Faergus would finish the night. Everything being settled the rest of you nervously drift off to sleep, hoping that Brichlush was being truthful when he said that this place was never used.

Flight
    As the hive of mechanized beetles that makes up Flight click and whir you detect motion outside of the secret room. The padding of feet and the clicking of claws go past the entryway (coming from the direction of the gnolls and heading further into the hallway you have yet to explor), fading into the distance. After five or ten minutes you hear the same types of sounds coming back. Once again they don't even break stride as they pass your hiding place, heading back in the direction of the gnolls' lair.

Valesti
    Flight wakes you and you take your turn at the watch. You head to the back of the room to look more closely at the wheel mounted to the wall. Your first impression is that the wheel was definitely manufactured by non-dwarves. The rust on the metal indicates that it is lower quality iron and the wheel itself is ever so slightly oblong. Looking further you determine that the wheel is attached to some mechanism in the wall. Giving it a cautious turn you realize that the wheel is locked in place and cannot turn at the moment, but you feel that there is a catch that, if removed, would allow the wheel to turn freely.

Unable to discern anything more from the device you head over to the door to stand your watch. Over the course of the few hours you're awake you hear no sounds of movement in the hallway outside the room.

Faergus
    Valesti wakens you for the third watch, which passes uneventfully.

It's difficult to tell in the enclosed space of the secret room just how much time has passed, but as Faergus wakes the rest of his companions you all feel refreshed. Strapping on your armor and gathering your things together you listen quietly at the entrance to the room and, hearing nothing outside, pull the lever which causes the door to slide open once more. Resolute, you head down the hallway and approach the resting place of the Gnoll Pack of Yargrosh.

You smell the room long before you approach it; the scent of dirt and grime assaulting your nostrils. Walking to the edge of the room you see the gnolls and their hyena companions lying on their various beds, sleeping. You notice that rather than sleeping laid out like humans the gnolls seem to have curled up like dogs. Yargrosh is not in this room with the sleeping canines but you do see a faint flicker of torchlight coming from a hallway that leads off the west side of this chamber.

Up to Date Moathouse Map
    moatDungeon_n2.png

Illianthar on
  • Options
    "Brichlush kept his word," the upright collection said. "So far," it added.

As they continued down the corridor toward the gnolls, they proposed this query to the group:

"What is our plan? Take them immediately by force, or attempt a deception?"

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The scent of unkempt dog fur is nearly overwhelming. Some of the gnolls kick in their sleep, like their four-footed cousins. Faergus readies himself for what must be done. His grim thoughts are interrupted by the strange mechanical intelligence.

He answers, "We will have no better advantage than this. Let us attack while they sleep--the stealthiest of us going first to make the most of the ambush."

3seed on
  • Options
    Quinn pales at Faergus' suggestion. "There is no honor in that... we would be no better than they are if we struck them down without providing the chance for quarter." He rubs his chin. "Though I suppose if we merely knocked them unconscious, it would be fine. There is enough rope to tie them up, as well. I am no murderer, to become one for a tactical advantage is a dark path indeed."

Almost as an afterthought, he adds, "the dogs as well. To kill their companions would set the gnolls into an uncontrollable frenzy, and we may want to confirm Brichlush's story."

lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    The mass shifts. "We concur. An attack on the collective, even the weakest parts, would merit a violent response. We are curious as to why, if honor is a priority, we do not just wake them up and then kill them?"

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Valesti and Alfonse tiptoe across the room while the rest of the group waits anxiously at the entryway to the gnolls' den. The sleeping canines yip excitedly and seem to run in place but none of them wakes as the two stealthily enter Yargrosh's sideroom. Angling around so that they remain unseen the two party members stop at a corner just short of the leader of the gnolls. Peeking around the stone wall they see the hulking figure of the gnoll chieftain crouched in front of a massive statue which sits in the back corner of the room. Yargrosh is turned away from the two and appears to be meditating and completely oblivious to the two intruders.

The statue that Yargrosh squats in front of is that of an enormous gnoll holding a three-headed flail in one hand and seeming to reach out with the other clawed appendage. The stonework on the statue is quite detailed, highlighting the emaciated figure of the gnoll as well as its sagging, loose skin which is covered with scars. The statue appears to be lunging forward slightly, jaws open to reveal sharp fangs. The flail is just as detailed. One of the heads of the flail looks like that of a large, demonic skull while the other two heads look like severed femurs from a giant of some sort.

A single torch burns on the wall opposite Yargrosh, providing the illumination that you could see from the exterior room.

Map of the Rooms

moat28_setup.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2012
    "Yargrosh, the bug bears have been obliterated."
    Move:H2
    Bluff: 17
    Knowledge-Religion: 15

Alfonse_Palanso on
  • Options
    Yargrosh starts visibly as he's ripped from his meditation by Alfonse's words. In one motion he leaps to his feet and turns 180 degrees to face Alfonse; teeth bared and claws extended. When he sees the rogue though his demeanor changes, losing the aggressive pose and replacing it with a relaxed one and a toothy grin.

"Yes, my pack has told me of the destruction of our enemies. Yargrosh was pleased to hear this. You and your pack disappeared for many hours. We thought that you had fled or been destroyed."

The large, scar-covered gnoll looks you up and down with his one good eye. The fur on the back of his neck raises slightly and his voice changes to more of a growl.

"You come without the head of the bugbear leader, and without your friends. Explain!"

Alfonse - Religion
    You remember vaguely about the gnoll race worshipping a demonic gnoll god called Yeenoghu. You seem to recall that Yeenoghu carried a flail made from the bones of its enemies. The only other thing that comes to mind is that Yeenoghu embodied killing and butchery.

Flight, Quinn, Faergus
    The gnolls and hyenas slumber peacefully, some twitching and scratching behind their ears from time to time but not waking.

After a minute or so you hear what sounds like conversation coming from the recessed room that Valesti and Alfonse snuck into. You can't make out what is being said, but you do hear the deeper boom of a large creature's voice, presumably Yargrosh's.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    "We were not destroyed, but the bug bears were. We did have a heck of a time running Brichlush down, and did eventually did dispatch him. The only thing remotely recoverable was his weapon, and a ring. Bringing back frozen, chunks and pieces, may have just offended the one that you worship. Had we known that the head would possibly be used for some sort of offering, we would have been a little bit more... professional." Glancing toward the statue, then back to Yargosh.

"You had intuition that they were weak, and we eliminated your problem. Now, there seems to be an opening for help. If you wish, we may be able to assist you. What you have found back in the lair, proof that we can do better than the filthy bug bears, and in a manner to your liking." Glancing to the statue with a slight bow and an outstretched hand.

"Next time, if we are assisting you, we can properly give worship." Looking over to Valesti, then back to Yargosh, "If you would like to continue this chat with the rest of the group, that would be our pleasure."

Alfonse_Palanso on
  • Options
    Yargrosh cocks his head to the side and listens to Alfonse's explanation of the events which transpired with the bugbears, his face still stuck in a sneer with vicious fangs bared. After the rogue completes his speech the gnoll leader stares at Alfonse, his eye intently scrutinizing the human's face for signs of deception.

Several seconds of tense silence pass, then Yargrosh rears back on his heels, tips his head back and lets out a massive, deep-throated howl. The sound reverberates off of the small room, seeming to shake dust from the ceiling. It sounds slightly different from a dog's howl, having a sinister quality to it.

In the outer room the howl rouses the other gnolls, who jump to their feet and ready their weapons. The hyenas likewise rise from their slumber and jolt to their feet, ready to attack. Each of the six pack members spin around in place, looking for their leader or their opponents. Seeing Faergus, Quinn and Flight in the doorway they tense for battle.

Back in the alcove Yargrosh continues to howl for what seems like an eternity before the sound starts to die away, replaced by something which strikes Alfonse and Valesti as odd….laughter. The gigantic gnoll's face breaks back into an immense grin showing all of his sharp yellowed fangs. His tongue lolls out of his mouth and his head and chest heave rhythmically with the sound of his yipping glee. Taking a few long strides he comes right up next to Alfonse and grasps him by the shoulder. His chest puffs out with pride as he speaks.

"You blasted that bastard to pieces, did you!" He lets out another raucous howl. "You and your pack have triumphed where gnolls have failed, and Yargrosh is very pleased at what you have done. Come, let us all celebrate together!"

The large gnoll turns Alfonse around and ushers him out of the back room and into the room with the rest of the pack, grabbing Valesti with his other hand along the way. As the three of them come into the main room Yargrosh pushes the two companions ahead of him and yells out:

"Listen to me, my pack! These are the ones that have murdered the bugbears and their leader! Greet them as heroes!"

The rest of the pack immediately drop their aggressive posture and tilt their heads back, howling in unison. The sound reverberates throughout the chamber, nearly deafening those inside. After a few seconds Yargrosh raises his paws in the air to silence the throng.

"These fur-less ones are mighty warriors, and Yargrosh is humbled to be in their presence." The large gnoll drops to one knee, bowing his head in humility. The rest of the gnolls look surprised initially, then a fierce growl from their leader brings them to their knees also. The hyenas, sensing the gravity of the moment, yip a few times and then sit on their haunches.

Looking at the group, Yargrosh continues, "You have earned the fealty of the Three Talon Pack. I pledge myself and my pack to you. You would honor myself and my pack if you would use us as your tools of destruction. We will fight to the death for you and your cause, and we will slaughter all those that oppose you."

The other gnolls bark in unison, showing their obedience to their leader and to their new masters. Yargrosh remains on one knee, awaiting a response.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Valesti tensed up at the howl. Had something gone wrong? Was this a signal to attack? She could dimly hear the rest of the gnolls rising in response, but couldn't tell much more than that. The others could handle themselves, if things went bad. The Dwarf flinched as the howling turned to laughter...before slowly relaxing as he spoke. Yargrosh seemed pleased, and it was mostly true after all. She was even comfortable enough to put her weapons away and let the creature lead her back into the other room.

She had some idea of what was coming, and barely cringed at all as the other gnolls began howling as well. She did let out a little sigh as they quieted down...blinking in confusion as the pack kneels before them. Valesti looked at Alfonse, then the rest of the group, not sure how to resond. Her mouth opened and closed, before the Dwarf decided it was best to let someone else handle this one. She hadn't wanted to kill them while they were sleeping, and didn't have any particular problem with the creatures, if they weren't planning to kill her. This might just end up better than expected...even if they were monsters, they were still warriors...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Remembering the last encounter with Brichlush, whom had called my bluff. I wasn't quite sure if this time, if my bluff had worked, and was being played against, yet once again. Yet, as I was being led out along with Valesti, and being praised, when Yargrosh says, "Listen to me, my pack! These are the ones that have murdered the bugbears and their leader! Greet them as heroes!" A sour taste in my mouth grows. Looking at the rest of the group, their eyes fixated on us as to figure out what exactly transpired, to keep the ruse going. As to where the twisting of my tongue may lead us right now, I don't know. The only thing I know is, I'm starting to run out of sources, to see if I can still find my sister.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    After a long pause, and some blank stares. I look to Yargrosh. Then turning to look at the other gnolls and hyena's, "Then it is done! With both packs together we will lay waste to those in our path!"

Looking to the rest of the party for any input. "Before we march on though, we first must collect any information about our surrounding area." Looking back to Yargrosh, "Do you know what lies beyond the doorway down diagonal hallway that leads south? Have you heard anything about any hostages or captives being held?"

Alfonse_Palanso on
  • Options
    The construct of constructs holds out a hand to the nearest gnoll. "Have you seen more of us? They might appear like this."

A few beetles pull away from the mass making up one bicep and being moving about, as if lost.

"Or perhaps like this."

A small group pulls off the left part of the torso into a shape reminiscent of the giant frogs found in the marsh above.

"We are very interested in becoming ... whole again."

The disparate pieces form back up and Flight is once again whole as could be.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yargrosh leaps to his feet and lets out another howl which is taken up by the rest of the pack. The gnolls and hyenas jump and leap around the party, yipping and barking excitedly.

"This is a glorious day! The pack has been strengthened beyond measure and none can stand against us!"
    Alfonse wrote:
    "Do you know what lies beyond the doorway down diagonal hallway that leads south? Have you heard anything about any hostages or captives being held?"

The large gnoll turns to Alfonse, adopting a more submissive posture than any of you have seen him take in the past.

"The Old Master and his fur-less henchmen lair beyond that hallway. They are weaklings and will be torn asunder by the will of the pack!"

The intensity of the pack seems to increase with every second that goes by. You can feel the bloodlust start to boil within the gnolls at the thought of battle.

"Many have been brought here as captives. Some were given to the filthy ogre who now lies dead by the hand of The New Masters. The others were taken from this place, but I do not know where they were taken to."

As the fervor of the pack surges so does the frequency of howls and yells which echo off the walls, ceiling and floor to create a din which nearly deafens all within. After a few more moments it dies back down to nothing more than a murmur. The gnolls, now silent as they looked to their new masters, look poised for war. Their tongues lap up saliva as it drips from their jaws and they sway back and forth eagerly.

Yargrosh looks over at Flight as they speak to one of the gnolls. The dog-man Flight is demonstrating to, whom just seconds before was howling and flailing about like a rabid beast, whimpers slightly and shrinks away from the alien-ness of the horde of tiny constructs. The larger gnoll speaks up.

"They speak only Gnoll, and we have never seen or smelt anything like you before." He crinkles his nose up slightly as he continues, "The smell of machines is….unappetizing to be sure."

Turning back to Alfonse the gnoll leader grins evilly, "The pack is ready, Master. Give the order and we will bathe this place in the blood of your enemies."

Illianthar on
  • Options
    "I think we are just about ready." Looks to the rest of the group, with a tooth-pick dancing in the corner of a toothy-grin.
    [color="lime"!READY[/color]

• Options
    Resolved and at the ready the companions and their new-found allies turn to head towards the diagonal hallway that leads to Lareth's chambers. Yargrosh, the gnolls and the hyenas all cease their barking and howling and fall into formation behind the group, virtually silent as they slink behind the group.

Alfonse puts his ear to the door when they reach it and listens for several seconds before shaking his head as if to indicate that he hears no sound. Motioning the rogue back behind him Faergus delicately opens the portal which glides under his hand on well-oiled hinges. Beyond the doorway is a rectangular passageway with a door immediately to the left. The door is flanked by lit torches and has an image of a large flaming eye etched in gold upon it. Past the doorway the passageway continues into darkness.

Yargrosh creeps up towards the front of the group and whispers to the companions, "The passage leads out of the dungeon to a thick briar patch. Lareth is beyond the door, along with his guards."

Alfonse enters the passageway and listens at the door for several seconds. Returning to the group he explains that he has heard what sounds like booted footfalls moving closer and then farther away in a rhythmic pattern beyond the door. He also can just barely make out some type of background commotion coming from beyond the footfalls.

Updated Moathouse Map - X Marks the Party
    moatDungeon_o.png

• Options
    "Then our next course of action is to destroy Lareth, correct?"

The many eyes sought contact with the others. "Is this the consensus?"

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Valesti nods. "That's the plan, at the end of the day. Let's not rush right in, though..." Brow furrowed, she takes a moment to think. Eventually, she turns toward the gnoll leader, still speaking quietly. "If you showed up, that wouldn't be unexpected, right? With a few of your..." The Dwarf pauses for a moment. "...pack? If there's enough cover from these briars, we should be able to follow as well, staying hidden." She indicated Alfonse and herself, before continuing. "If the time seems right, then signal for your...pack. We'll be there with you, and the rest of us will charge with your pack. If something is wrong, then return to safety here, and we can think up a stronger assault."

She looks between Yargrosh and her fellows before nodding to herself, seeing if they had any other ideas...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    "We could enter inconspicuously as well. If we are not forming this entity, we can be easily overlooked for at least a few moments."

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Agreeing with Valesti completely, "We can sneak in and see exactly what we are in for."

• Options
    Quinn watched the proceedings with Alphonse carefully, watching for signs of aggression on the part of the gnolls. He relaxed somewhat at the hero's welcome, but still seemed tense. "Remember, some of us aren't as nimble as others. Lareth is likely on high alert, as it is likely that he knows of some plot against the complex." After thinking for a moment, he continues, "he is not likely to fall for many schemes, it would be unwise to rely on our own capacity for trickery in this circumstance. He should be given a chance to stand down, and if he declines, taken into custody by force. One doesn't become the leader of a contingent of this size by being a dullard. Regardless, I think a more-or-less direct approach would be best, especially considering the proclivities of our new friends."

lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    I have to agree with the direct approach. Just recall the last time I tried for a quiet approach. That said, there's no reason that Yargrosh and lieutenant can't go in first. That way we're not all trying to rush through the door at once, and he can warn us off if there's something suspicious ahead."

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Yargrosh shakes his head at Valesti, speaking surprisingly apologetically for a large, demonic looking dog-man; his voice a low whisper:

"Please forgive me, Mistress Dwarf. My common is sometimes...simple. Beyond the door where the Old Master dwells is a narrow stone passageway. I have not been beyond that but I could smell that it opens into a larger room. There is no place to hide in this passageway, and there were guards with lots of metal standing by. The briar patches are further down the hallway, if you were not to enter the door and leave this place completely."

Turning his attention to Quinn and Faergus the large gnoll smiles his toothy, somewhat malevolent grin:

"We gnolls enjoy being...direct..."

He stops momentarily and you get the distinct impression that he's visualizing his pack of gnolls wading into battle. Coming back to the here and now, he continues:

"Lareth has a lot of ...you fur-less would call it..." Yargrosh struggles to find the word that best describes what he is thinking, growling aloud at himself. After several moments he finally spits it out, "...pride. He believes that he is untouchable within his lair. The last time someone came against him he laughed and set his guards on them, turning his back and leaving the room completely."

Illianthar on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Faergus snorts at the gnoll's description of Lareth. "Pride--the most dangerous of enemies." He looks Yargrosh in the eye, "Let's see about teaching him a lesson in humility.

Ready!
    Note: My understanding of the plan is for the Yargrosh to go in first to set up and then either trigger or abort the attack with a signal to the party and the rest of his pack. Is this correct?

3seed on