As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Capcom's [Dragon's Dogma] - POST IN NEW THREAD

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    So I'm the only one with a plus-sized Pawn, then? Fair enough - I'll corner the BBW market.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    So I'm the only one with a plus-sized Pawn, then? Fair enough - I'll corner the BBW market.
    I will hire her feeder style and she shall always return with gifts of snacks.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    While my octogenarian is being inappropriately familiar with yours.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I was thinking of making a female strider Arisen/little girl mage Pawn, and they'd be like sisters or something. I... don't think I'll allow her to travel with any of you.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    My girlfriend designed my hero to look like me and I designed my pawn to look like her.
    I'm a Strider, she is a fighter. It's awesome to see my lady run up to a griffon and chop at it with her two handed sword. She laughed her ass off!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    edit - this is the second time i have mistaken the d3 thread

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I was thinking of making a female strider Arisen/little girl mage Pawn, and they'd be like sisters or something. I... don't think I'll allow her to travel with any of you.

She will return with gifts of hard toffees and an increased knowledge of fighting young people on your lawn.

• Options
    My girlfriend liked the idea of a pawn version of her until she found out she would be hired out around the world. Made a fat(ter) ugly(er) version of my brother @Adda instead

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Now that is a cruel thing to say. I am a respectable personage who runs a reputable establishment, and, frankly, I am offended. Hey! Cinnamon! You hear what he gone and accused me of? I know! I am shocked - shocked! - that a person would make such baseless allegations about such an upstanding citizen as myself. And believe you me, I (and my legal counsel) know a thing or two about allegations and which of them are baseless. Shameful. I would go so far as to bet all six of my gold teeth that, were you to leave her in my company, the last thing she would do would be to go back and disparage my sterling reputation.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    She'd come back with tales of the eight foot tall claymore wielding Santa Clause who let her ride on his shoulders while he cut down all the naughty boys.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I basically made a prettier version of Brienne of Tarth as my pawn. I may make her a bit more canon, though.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    She'd come back with tales of the eight foot tall claymore wielding Santa Clause who let her ride on his shoulders while he cut down all the naughty boys.

Ok, Morninglord will be allowed to hire my lil pawn.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options

Ok, Morninglord will be allowed to hire my lil pawn.
    He left out the part about her sitting on Santa's lap.

She told him what she wanted for Christmas.

It was not what she got.
    Man, my last couple posts in this thread have been dark. I need to go... do some good deeds. Or something.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Oh hey guys, I haven't checked into this thread in a while, what's going on he...

*looks at this page*
    *backs out slowly*

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    That's it, I'm making a Chris Hansen pawn.

"Why don't you have a seat....."

"What were you thinking when you "hired" this "pawn"?"

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Oh hey guys, I haven't checked into this thread in a while, what's going on he...

*looks at this page*
    *backs out slowly*

I must say my fill before I do this.

Can somebody make a really dependable looking big awesome guy and lend him to me?

EVOL on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I have 2000 extra rift crystals thanks to my pre order. I think I'm gonna fork out cause this page has creeped me out. Also the pimp analogy makes no sense because your character gets no money for it. Just saying.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

*looks at this page*
    *backs out slowly*

Dammit, Monger, you see what you did, here?

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I have 2000 extra rift crystals thanks to my pre order. I think I'm gonna fork out cause this page has creeped me out. Also the pimp analogy makes no sense because your character gets no money for it. Just saying.
    Wait what?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Wait what?
    GS's pre-order bonus.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I do not actually want any headstart which is why I'm not interested in any of the preorder bonuses for this game.
    I'm going to walk into the world with nothing and conquer it completely. It is going to be satisfying.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah, at first I thought the RE6 demo only came with pre-orders.

Then I saw it was in every new copy and I was like...oh...whatever then.

• Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    Oh you get a demo for RE6? That's pretty neat I guess. Getting the Euro release on 25th so I guess the pawns can help me out with quests and enemy strategies.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Holy shit I just now found out that nearly every option has extra details you can adjust by hitting square (x on xbox if it's the same layout).

Oh gawd.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Holy shit I just now found out that nearly every option has extra details you can adjust by hitting square (x on xbox if it's the same layout).

Oh gawd.
    Welcome to our shared nightmare.

• Options
    I get ALL the pre order things from shopto in the uk.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    So, this should come as no surprise, but Dragon's Dogma ships with on-disc DLC.

And Capcom is trying it's hardest to pull the wool over our eyes on this whole scheme.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/15/capcom-re-evaluating-on-disc-dlc-is-listening/

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Im kidding. Though really I think the jokes gone a tad overboard.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make Trish from Devil may cry?

I figure her deal is lightning so she'd work better than Lady who is all about guns.

The on disc dlc is mainly just extra find the object quests and oh hey boss spawns so Im not that concerned.

If it's something with more meat to.it I'll get concerned.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    So, this should come as no surprise, but Dragon's Dogma ships with on-disc DLC.

And Capcom is trying it's hardest to pull the wool over our eyes on this whole scheme.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/15/capcom-re-evaluating-on-disc-dlc-is-listening/

I don't like on disc dlc, never have, never will. But you sort of need to check dates and understand the ponderous nature of software development cycles before you go pulling out the conspiracy theories.

Post Sf vs Tekken, which released a few months ago, they decided to start toning it down for future games. They're not going to change anything for Dragon's Dogma because it was already wrapping up the end of its development cycle. This is exactly what they stated, in plain language, clear as day. How insidious! Deceiving through truth, a new height of evil!

Morninglord on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    DLC should be what it's name says. I was ok with Skylander's silliness, but come on.

Hopefully, Capcom is not going down a dark path here.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    DLC should be what it's name says. I was ok with Skylander's silliness, but come on.

Its pretty clear they realized its giving them a negative reputation. Company policy can't change the past though so this is sort of out of their hands.

I feel sorry for the capcom US guys having to deliver that bullshit "there's no difference" spiel.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I made a tiny tiny obese old woman. She is stringy and gross and I love her to bits. And then I went in the demo and they made her a rogue. :(

edit: I made her: aughra_1.JPG

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I made a tiny tiny obese old woman. She is stringy and gross and I love her to bits. And then I went in the demo and they made her a rogue. :(

image:weird lady

Your fetish for old, gross looking old women is.... fascinating.

My pawn was supposed to be a tall, pretty well built lady. And, uh, well, at least I got the tall and well built parts down.

EVOL on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Is that the dude from Farscape? :D

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    EVOL wrote: »
    Your fetish for old, gross looking old women is.... fascinating.

It's not a fetish! It's just a character type that game developers almost NEVER let you play. Plus old women kicking ass is awesome.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Krathoon wrote: »

Its pretty clear they realized its giving them a negative reputation. Company policy can't change the past though so this is sort of out of their hands.

I feel sorry for the capcom US guys having to deliver that bullshit "there's no difference" spiel.

The thing is, there really is no difference, with the exception of dumb shit like holding back the real ending of Asura's wrath. In a lot of these cases, the DLC on disc wouldn't have been made at all if they weren't expecting the extra revenue from charging for it.

The choice isn't between "put it on the disc, we get it with purchase" and "put it on the disc and rip us off". The choice is between whether Capcom budgets enough to actually make the content or not.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    To be perfectly honest, since I've had to recently downgrade my internet service as a way to save money, if Capcom has parts of future DLC done early enough to get it on the disc so I don't have to download as much, I'm fine with it. I don't like the idea of not having everything on the disc assessible to me as soon as I put it in, but I understand why they do it and how, in a weird, semi-perverted way, it benifits me.

...Azura's Wrath BS nonwithstanding, of course. That shit can go to hell.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm fine with DLC on the disc. I'm not fine with content removed from the main game specifically to gouge us for money, whether it's on disc or not.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    As long as the DLC on this one really is "we know it's a terrible idea and SFxT made you all mad, but this was already budgeted and in the can so yeah, sorry, this is the last one, seriously, we promise" then I'll give em a pass.

wWuzwvJ.png
This discussion has been closed.