As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Capcom's [Dragon's Dogma] - POST IN NEW THREAD

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Really liked the game at Pax East and the demo, has multiplayer been confirmed? As far as I knew there was no MP and it was strictly npc parties. What MP do they have if any?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    None. No multiplayer.

You can recruit pawns from your friends or send yours out, that's it.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I had absolutely zero hype and zero excitement for this game until last night, when I tried the demo on a whim based on one user in the Steam chat and overall boredom. Sign me up. I want more.

I hope I helped!

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    I am going to have some serious sharing issues when this game comes out. As in, I'm going to have a hard time sharing my time between Dragon's Dogma and Diablo III. Urgh!

Still though, I'm very much going to spend as much time as I can with this. In fact, I'm off to revise my demo character and pawn. I just can't get enough of the character creation in this game.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Even in the Ur-Dragon video, the Mystic Knight air dash still seems pretty meh to me.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I had absolutely zero hype and zero excitement for this game until last night, when I tried the demo on a whim based on one user in the Steam chat and overall boredom. Sign me up. I want more.

I hope I helped!

You were who I referred to!

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    I'm confused about the whole Ur Dragon thing... is that supposed to be a major boss, or the final boss?

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I'm not sure but I think it's gonna be an optional boss you can encounter in the game. Just based on how it's being talked about.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    It's an optional boss that's so strong that multiple players have to fight him and their damage is being put together via the online service until that thing finally dies.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It's like lottery only you get lucky by stabbing it in the head. And everybody gets a prize!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Well I suppose the easiest thing to do is email capcom
    I'm confused about the whole Ur Dragon thing... is that supposed to be a major boss, or the final boss?

It's like Crawmerax in Borderlands. It's an uberboss that's absurdly overpowered. In this case to such a degree that it'll need a couple thousand people to kill it.

Oh and according to the screens it can take your pawns.

I really hope some douche doesn't hack a level 200 guy and ruin it for everyone.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    After mucking around on the character creator, I decided that my main character is going to be a small old dude. Really old. I'm going to have to play the first scenario a few more times to decide whether I like the melee combat enough to play him as Cohen the Barbarian. My pawn is a massive lady who will either be the gentle giant mage to my octogenarian two-handed warrior (optimisation? What's that?), or a boisterous warrior keeping the aggro away from my ancient archer.

We won't be winning any beauty contests, I know that much.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    I wonder if number of hits alters your loot because I will go in there with arrow storm and daggers and I will cause tens of damage to that bastard.

From behind a nice rock.

I really hope this doesn't require a gold account though. I'd feel odd buying ot just for this game.

It's been confirmed that this does not require gold.

This is great to know. I mostly play on the PS3, but I was unimpressed by the framerate in the demo. Might as well get the 360 version. The pawn system sounds pretty awesome from that video.

Achire on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    We need more 360 people in the OP list!

Always good to have more suckers to take all my fake items friends to share lots of nice things with.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Achire wrote: »
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    I wonder if number of hits alters your loot because I will go in there with arrow storm and daggers and I will cause tens of damage to that bastard.

From behind a nice rock.

I really hope this doesn't require a gold account though. I'd feel odd buying ot just for this game.

It's been confirmed that this does not require gold.

This is great to know. I mostly play on the PS3, but I was unimpressed by the framerate in the demo. Might as well get the 360 version. The pawn system sounds pretty awesome from that video.

Just to be clear, doing a bit more digging, and I can't find this information straight from the developers' mouths, so there's a chance it's not accurate. But all I've been able to dig up on the matter says gold is not required.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    TACOnightmareTACOnightmare Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what combination of Arisen/Pawn to use.
    Bilbo Baggins + Gandalf?
    Bilbo Baggins + Hulk?
    Gandalf + Hulk?

I wish magic was available in the demo :(

I found a woman running around the wild yelling, "wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack." Naturally, I killed her and defiled her corpse.

PSN: SmellyLemur
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I was hoping I could make my pawn into an assassin, but that class isn't available to pawns. So it'll have to be mage. Ranger is the only other class I'd make my pawn, and I definitely want to start as a Ranger. Can't have two Rangers.

Maybe if I'm convinced to switch to Warrior at some point...

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Done!

Ken O on
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I added myself to the list too, but I forgot to include my gamertag...

Its the same as my forum name :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Klyka wrote: »
    It's an optional boss that's so strong that multiple players have to fight him and their damage is being put together via the online service until that thing finally dies.

Sounds sweet. And cool prizes if you're one of the ones who does the most damage or deals the final blow? Sounds sweeter. I did look it up, and apparently he can manipulate pawns against you, though it's been discussed that he might take your pawns and use them against ANOTHER player.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...if the boss is unbeatable until you reach a certain number what are you supposed to do...just keep fighting it until you die?

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Spent over an hour creating and re-creating my main and pawn. My concept is an Arisen mage/Warrior pawn to start and I'll figure out the rest as I go... So I pretty much made a fairly tall and thick scruffy Nordic looking mage. With my pawn, I made a redhead who's muscular and not bad too look at (no, no huge assets), but overall the impression you get from looking at her is that she'd rather be out fighting than having anything to do with any type of personal interaction with anyone.

I do wish you could create/suggest nicknames to Capcom in some type of approval process. Some of those names are...interesting.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what combination of Arisen/Pawn to use.
    Bilbo Baggins + Gandalf?
    Bilbo Baggins + Hulk?
    Gandalf + Hulk?

I wish magic was available in the demo :(

Steven Colbert & Ron Paul.

heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Capcom Unity is steaming Assassin gameplay right now.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

Always good to have more suckers to take all my fake items friends to share lots of nice things with.
    Well, fine. Long as y'all trustworthy individuals gon give me some quality goodstuffs.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Entered my info. 360 all the way.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Spent over an hour creating and re-creating my main and pawn. My concept is an Arisen mage/Warrior pawn to start and I'll figure out the rest as I go... So I pretty much made a fairly tall and thick scruffy Nordic looking mage. With my pawn, I made a redhead who's muscular and not bad too look at (no, no huge assets), but overall the impression you get from looking at her is that she'd rather be out fighting than having anything to do with any type of personal interaction with anyone.

I do wish you could create/suggest nicknames to Capcom in some type of approval process. Some of those names are...interesting.

My Pawn's gonna be Olivia Wilde (not deliberatly, it just who I realised I created when all was said and done) and probabaly going to be a ranger. My own character is either going to be a freakishly tall (200cm) Sorceress, a magic-using simulacrum of myself, more-or-less the same character you decribed as your pawn, or Halvdan/Halfdan, a dwarf or viking-inspired warrior named after the Varangian Guard who scratched his name in the Hagia Sophia.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks sweet. Anyway, I decided to change my main character and pawn's looks a bit... more towards my tastes in regards to the pawn, and for the main, I loosely (emphasis on LOOSELY) modeled him after myself.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Bloody hell, man. After you made the call, a whole bunch of 360 people added themselves to the list. We were being beaten by the PS3 folk but now we're ahead! You have magic powers!

In any case, I think I'll start adding you guys to my Live friends list. Keep an eye out for a friend request from Vacorsis.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Oh, I forgot.

<---Throws name in for PS3.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »

Bloody hell, man. After you made the call, a whole bunch of 360 people added themselves to the list. We were being beaten by the PS3 folk but now we're ahead! You have magic powers!

In any case, I think I'll start adding you guys to my Live friends list. Keep an eye out for a friend request from Vacorsis.

I was wondering who that was lol.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I have signed up for PS3.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    In for PS3. Though whether I'll definitely get the game day one is another matter.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Yeah, Skyrim's ok. But in this game, you can be thrown onto the dragon's head and stab it in the eye.

That'll get you some bonus points. In my book anyway.

Yeah. This one is going to make Skyrim's combat look kind of sad.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Skyrim's combat has always been pathetic.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular

And as soon as you posted this the PS3 counterattack has began. :P

I'm honestly surprised at how many people are playing this on the PS3 though, since the majority of the Soulcalibur players here are playing on the 360.

• Options

Yeah, after that post, I added myself. I didn't even know there was a list, lol.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Yeah, after that post, I added myself. I didn't even know there was a list, lol.

I guess you could say both sets of players has Arisen to the task.

I'll let myself out.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Skyrim's combat has always been pathetic.

Not having any faith in bethesda's ability to make interesting melee combat is the main reason I am rarely interested in any of their games. If I do play them I make a wizard so I don't have to think about it.

It doesn't help that prior to finding out about or playing any elder's scrolls game I had already played Dark Messiah. Even with all of its bugs it is far ahead of elder scrolls.

I added my info to the list.

Morninglord on
This discussion has been closed.