Options

[Hitman] Absolution is available sans sandboxes

• Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    Great.
    Now I need to go play that Suburbs level of Blood Money again.

"lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    Lezard ValethLezard Valeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Well that's fantastic because when I feel impatient I just go Boondocks Saints in Blood Money.

• Options
    DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/18/hitman-absolution-isnt-a-reboot-but-not-part-of-the-series-timeline-either/

Whaaaaat....!?

I'm currently doing a Silent Assassin run on Blood money. When I get to the end, 47 will be cremated. That's my canon for the series.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Ugh exclusive sniper challenge mode for pre-order only at GameStop....and it looks really cool/fun too. I hope this is DLC at some point because I'm not buying it there.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/05/10/looking-down-the-barrel-of-a-gun-hitman-absolution-and-the-upcoming-sniper-challenge-dlc/

edit: Actually now that I read more, this is OUT on May 15th as a standalone little game. Go plunk down 5 bucks and get a code, the actual Hitman game doesn't come out until Nov. 20th. Ugh I may do this anyways.

Allforce on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Ugh, I absolutely (absolutionly!) hate that plot enough that I don't think I'll buy it new.

New voice for 47 + not really canon but also not a reboot? + horrible sounding premise = very worried.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    I honestly don't even remember any plot in the Hitman games, it was always "here's the mission, kill this guy" and you went and did it. I don't need the Hitmans backstory to enjoy killing marks

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Ugh, I absolutely (absolutionly!) hate that plot enough that I don't think I'll buy it new.

New voice for 47 + not really canon but also not a reboot? + horrible sounding premise = very worried.

I don't blame you. What little there was for an overriding plot (the voice) is quickly being done away with. Very strange decisions.

• Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    I'm willing to give the plot a try, and yeah, the plot of Hitman has usually been very fucking loosely tied together. Shit, the plot of Contracts was drugged up post-gunshot wound flashbacks. Maybe the entire game will turn out to be a dream 47 is having. So long as I can have fun times killing dudes stealthily, I'll be happy.

Artheleron.png
  • Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    November 20th. Mark your calendars. I'm still annoyed that they are not letting Bateson come back, but, hey, what can you do.

And Hitman was never about the story. The plots were generally asinine and will remain that way. It's about the action, the chase, the kills... not the cheesy narrative where we dwell upon the ethics of murder...

• Options
    XX55XX wrote: »
    November 20th. Mark your calendars. I'm still annoyed that they are not letting Bateson come back, but, hey, what can you do.

And Hitman was never about the story. The plots were generally asinine and will remain that way. It's about the action, the chase, the kills... not the cheesy narrative where we dwell upon the ethics of murder...

Hence the name "Absolution", right?

• Options
    Apparently the Sniper Challenge game is already available at GameStop when you preorder. I guess it's only about 10 minutes long and one big level but there's a ton of different achievements to get and also a high-score challenge so the replay value is pretty high.

• Options
    I think that particular "perk" is just for the Sniper Challenge, which is very arcade-like as its meant as a score challenge to keep your combo going and get higher and higher scores.

Picked this up today for 5 bucks, gonna cancel it later but not a bad little bonus since the game won't be out for 6 months.

• Options
    So I played this for a good hour and a half last night, which is saying something since it's basically you on a roof overlooking a party on an adjacent building's roof. Some thoughts:

-The level of detail going on is awesome, all kinds of hilarious stuff happening at the party and inside various apartments.
    -There's a ton of different "challenges" to do, stuff like "shoot 5 pigeons" that give you a permanent score multiplayer every time you play later. The descriptions are always sort of vague so it's fun figuring out what the hell you have to do.
    -You get bonuses for "hiding" bodies, such as shooting the elevator button to open the doors and then when a guard goes over to investigate you cap him in the back so he falls down the shaft. You can shoot guys over balconies onto the street below, into bushes, etc. Headshots are worth more, and subsequent kills in a row rack up a multiplier bonus.
    -The game gives you 15 minutes to take out "the mark" and his guards, but you can literally shoot him as he steps off the helicopter on the pad and win. His guards will try to escape and you get penalized if they manage to get out. A lot of different scenarios play out over the course of the 15 minutes so it's worth it to sit tight.
    -You can use the "hitman vision" thats featured in the preview movies, so you can see the outline of targets behind obstacles.

After every time you play the game a preview movie of the full game comes up, there's about 3 in total and I think all our fears are going to be put to rest about this one. It looks as good as Blood Money if not better from all the scenarios they show.

• Options
    Hmmm...so if I pre order, and just never pick it up, this is essentially a $5 XBLA title?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Yep. Or free if you just cancel the preorder and get your money back or move it to something else.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm always surprised by how uncommon it is just to have a sniper sit in a video game.

• Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So thanks to this thread I went to game and got two copies of the demo for my flat mate and I, went to the website to redeem my code, it said 2pm British time it would go live, 2pm rolled by 'coming soon' grrrrr

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Website is now up to redeem codes but it's getting hammered, can't register, good sign I'd say

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    I just got a XBox code on the receipt and it redeemed and started downloading the game, do they do it different in the UK?

There's like 800 people total on the worldwide leaderboards lol. I don't know how people are getting the scores they are though, I think my best is 200,000 and there are people putting up 2-3 million.

• Options
    Now I finally managed to register on the website. But I've had no email confirmation through :-(

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So it's up on Steam, but no preorders yet. Looks like it's dated for 21 November.

In E3-related news: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/hitman_absolution/news/square_enix_teases_hitman_absolution_e3_trailer_with_leather-clad_ladies.html

O... kay? I guess the church needed to get some use out of that spare latex they had kicking around. Or something.

Suriko on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    its very

er

comicy?

thats a very weird tone for a hitman game to take

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    that was fucking stupid

technically well made i guess but that is not hitman

even worse is how it's extremely high camp that doesn't even realize it's camp and tries to be all dark and serious. ugh.

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Why can't they be dressed up in classy clothing?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    on the other hand

maybe the whole game will involve themed outfits

im down with that

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    It would also be nice if they didn't look fetishy.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, what gets me is that it seems so pointless. There's the odd mission in Hitman with less than entirely normally-clothed girls (such as the enemy assassin from Heaven and Hell in Blood Money), but it always had context - it makes sense for an assassin in a fancy-dress club to dress that way to blend in.

A bunch of tattoo'd latex-clad nuns with machineguns and RPGs... does not blend in. Like, anywhere. It's just there to tittilate.

Suriko on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I was disappointed that 47 wasn't riddled with holes after using the human shield. 90 pound women, wearing only latex, won't completely stop the rounds fired from a high powered rifle at close range.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Trailer would have been better if it started played Ave Maria.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    yeah every time this game seems to put out anything I am less excited.

That is the opposite of a hype train.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I am....cautiously going to give it a chance.

I was outraged, outraged at the last Splinter Cell (my favorite stealth series) at the change in direction. But when I actually tried it I couldn't get enough.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    I don't see the problem, hasn't Hitman always been about fist-fighting groups of heavily armed sex-nuns?

Wait until you guys see what the Triangle button does... totally not for children

xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    although it is unusual to see violence happening to attractive women so maybe this is "super progressive" bros

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    although it is unusual to see violence happening to attractive women so maybe this is "super progressive" bros

lmao

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Man. Like the grotesque hypersexualization wasn't already bad enough in Blood Money... between this and the "Diana in the shower" trailer, it's like someone saw BM's "beautifully executed" promo poster and decided to build the game around that.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I think the video is just a spoof aimed at Saint's Row. If the video only had more purple they would have achieved their goal.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA