As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EVE Online: A study in internet spaceships and bad posts

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    so as someone who doesn't know junk about EVE

how the heck could they have defended that?

I mean, so much of that borders empire space, it seems like it would have been real easy to just plow into an undefended part and start wrecking shit

They rented out a VAST majority of their space. In fact the only place they actually lived in was Delve and Querious at that point. The rest were all horrible renters who paid insane amounts of money to live in horrible space.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You guys mourn space teleporting as if it would not also impact the other alliances.

If anything you'll have more red meat to chew on during ops as not as many gates could be bypassed by opponents!

Jasconius on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Goons and Test are some of the few entities that really actively live in their space, and so we have a vested interest in keeping our space teleportation highways in top condition.

Not to mention the high percentage of new/dumb players who are the ones that will frequently die because of these changes.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I was tooling around tonight and looted some junk that was abandoned out in some asteroid belt, now what do I do with it? It was mentioned that someone specific in the Corp usually buys it, but what specifically do I do? The interface is... not always really friendly.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I was tooling around tonight and looted some junk that was abandoned out in some asteroid belt, now what do I do with it? It was mentioned that someone specific in the Corp usually buys it, but what specifically do I do? The interface is... not always really friendly.

Are you on the forums? If so look around for the thread entitled "drop cans", and it should explain what all you need to do with your fat lewt. Also, if you haven't already, train up the Salvaging skill so you can use the Salvager module. It basically destroys the wreck (but not any loot inside) and creates valuable components people use to make rigs. Salvaging is important to the lifeblood of the corp.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    The looted junk can be reprocessed into minerals by someone who has the skill, but unless you have the skill trained up to a pretty high level there's a lot of waste in the process. So you can ask in the corp or alliance channel for someone to reprocess it for you, but you can't magically teleport the stuff to them so you'll need to actually be in goon space if you're not already. I would recommend you ignore the forum thread about the dropcan program. It seems to be suspended for now as I dropped a can off over a week ago and haven't even received my warehouse back, let alone the money from the junk being reprocessed.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh. I didn't know it was suspended. I knew salvage and rig buying was suspended while Midshipman got a new comp.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any announcement. Maybe the person in charge is on vacation? I don't know.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PapillonPapillon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any announcement. Maybe the person in charge is on vacation? I don't know.

Dropcan program has never been fast the couple of times I've used it. There's also some people in Goonwaffe which buy random junk to melt down to minerals, if you can haul your stuff to VFK.

Papillon on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I managed to kill 2 battleships in an ishkur. Unfortunately they were 500k battleships and some frigates show down 1 of my warriors after they were dead so I could have just killed 1 battleship and not lost a warrior and be in the same financial boat so to speak.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MOTHERFUCKER I GOT AN EMAIL TO REACTIVATE FOR 5 DAYS AAAAAAAAUGH

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Papillon wrote: »

Dropcan program has never been fast the couple of times I've used it. There's also some people in Goonwaffe which buy random junk to melt down to minerals, if you can haul your stuff to VFK.

I was never expecting a 24 hour turnaround, but a week and a half so far and still nothing?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Papillon wrote: »

I was never expecting a 24 hour turnaround, but a week and a half so far and still nothing?

roisha generally does it once or twice a week

pester him about it if he ever logs on

also, mentakona has perfect melting skills and is a really good dudebro, so ask him or one of his many alts to do it

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Veretas wrote: »
    MOTHERFUCKER I GOT AN EMAIL TO REACTIVATE FOR 5 DAYS AAAAAAAAUGH

One of usssss.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mentakona is a good dude
    he gave me a fitted out drake when I asked in corp chat if someone would sell me one cheap

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mentakona is a good dude
    he gave me a fitted out drake when I asked in corp chat if someone would sell me one cheap

he has at this point somewhere on the order of 8? accounts

about 4 of which are cap chars

he gives out faction fitted faction ships for free because he gets bored

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    T2 missiles are depressingly hard to get to.

Am I missing something? It seems like.. two to three weeks of skills just for missiles?

The Merch forum thread seemed to suggest otherwise, but my skill queue right now looks pretty steep to get to Heavy Missiles Tech 2

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jasconius wrote: »
    T2 missiles are depressingly hard to get to.

Am I missing something? It seems like.. two to three weeks of skills just for missiles?

The Merch forum thread seemed to suggest otherwise, but my skill queue right now looks pretty steep to get to Heavy Missiles Tech 2

no that is correct

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I got an email today to reactivate my main ~60 million skillpoint dude for 5 days for free

it expires in June, I think I'll wait a bit and use it closer to when I graduate.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    mentakona is a good dude

he has at this point somewhere on the order of 8? accounts

about 4 of which are cap chars

he gives out faction fitted faction ships for free because he gets bored

Mentakona indeed rules. He has bankrolled half my Eve existence in one way or another for no reason at all.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ffffffff

Tempted to reactivate just to spend my learning skill points and get a new character portrait

And maybe join a small gang pvp corp...

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I've still got a week left for Heavy Missiles V, then I can train Heavy Missile Specialization and finally fit T2 launchers. But then I need to start training other skills up enough to fit other T2 equipment on my drake. But at least I'll be doing more damage.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    t1 drakes can take most belt spawns just fine

they cannot, however, do dick for damage

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    every time I tried this I only got as far as agent ratting really

made it out to 0.0 exactly once

but I do remember trying ratting as each different race

minmatar, gallente and amarr were all "circle, pew, pew, pew, circle, pew, circle, pew" for ten minutes

caldari were "missile, missile, looks like we're done here"

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    yeah, that's the problem
    some of those guristas just take fucking forever to chew the shields down, or I can't put out enough damage to stay ahead of their periodic active shield regen

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    yeah, that's the problem
    some of those guristas just take fucking forever to chew the shields down, or I can't put out enough damage to stay ahead of their periodic active shield regen

that's why when it may only be a 5% increase, it really translates into something like a 7.5% increase in killing rate, thanks to how rats' tanks work

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    fart~

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tell me more about farts.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    uranus is a gas giant

get it

uranus

ur anus

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Isoldae wrote: »
    Tell me more about farts.

I will be using a t2/faction fitted navy issue armageddon in less than a week :3~

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I will have AWU V in a week.

Boosh.

Went on a scimitar only op today. Was pretty funny. Would have been funnier if we got a fight, ended up repping a POS.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm on my way to using a hound. Then hopefully I'll get to ruin people's shit like a fucking pro.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    I will have AWU V in a week.

Boosh.

Went on a scimitar only op today. Was pretty funny. Would have been funnier if we got a fight, ended up repping a POS.

:smith:

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i have titan piloting XXX suck it nerds

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    who willingly subjects themselves to titan training
    I mean really

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think Mentakona has an unironically trained titan pilot that will never sit in a titan.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I think I could train Titans right now if I wanted.

But I could fly a pimp as fuck Mothership right now if I wanted. I even got Fighterbombers trained even though I'll never be able to afford it.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    I think Mentakona has an unironically trained titan pilot that will never sit in a titan.

he has everything to fly an avatar except the titan skill because he fucking hates supercaps

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is the avatar the one that looks like the penis?

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Isoldae wrote: »
    Is the avatar the one that looks like the penis?

Yes.

But thats not exactly a defining feature as you could say the same for almost every other spaceship in Eve.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg