Options

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

• Options
    lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    That's got to be shopped. I can tell by the pixels and having seen a few in my day

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Maybe they're going by the length of the gun barrel.

Cause that's that only way they'll explain why the 32.6ft long IS7 is as long as the 19ft T54. That's 12 feet of gun barrel, right?

• Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    That's got to be shopped. I can tell by the pixels and having seen a few in my day

Yeah, they could be fakes of one kind or another put out by people looking to stir shit up, who knows. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if they were real, though.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    French Tank nerfs apparently include loss of agility on the Lorraine, some performance loss on bad terrain, HP changes and reload time increases between shots. 2.5 seconds becomes 2.73 and 3.33 becomes 3.75.

AMX 12t: 430 to now 420
    AMX 13 75: 680 to now 650
    AMX 13 90: 1050 to now 1000
    Lorraine 40t: 1300 to now 1250
    Bat Chat 25t: 1600 to now 1500

AMX 50 100: 1450 to now 1400
    AMX 50 120: 1800 to now 1750
    AMX 50B: 2100 to now 2000

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I feel like the 12t and 13 75 really didn't need any nerfing. Even 30 HP might make more of a difference than that tank deserves.
    Everything else is kind of "Eh, whatever ..."

• Options
    Actually, apparently the heavies didn't get reload time increase between shots, just the meds and lights. I'm more worried about the reload times than I am HP.

• Options
    Also, [S.I.M.P.] finally took a capitol in clan wars! It only took us three months and it may be one in Africa, but it still totally counts!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Maybe they're going by the length of the gun barrel.

Cause that's that only way they'll explain why the 32.6ft long IS7 is as long as the 19ft T54. That's 12 feet of gun barrel, right?

Oh Christ, are those the actual dimensions? I didn't realize it was that bad. That HAS to be shopped. Not even WG are that brazen/incompetent.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been told that they're bogus. Sorry to get everyone all worked up! Still kind of funny, though, in the context of WoT's historical Russian "bias."

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Someone else on the forums showed better pictures and calculated that the IS7 scale change was only ~4%. At that point its almost like who cares.

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Someone else on the forums showed better pictures and calculated that the IS7 scale change was only ~4%. At that point its almost like who cares.

Huh. Indeed, hardly seems worth bothering. Oh well, it's not like there's anything more important they could be doing with their time. :P

• Options
    Bluh, I forgot about the new smilies. God they suck. 8->

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Hooollyyy shit. So as I'm selling my AMX 13 90 I realize that I never bought the upgraded suspension for it. And here I was wondering why it would turn a bit sluggishly. Jeeeeezzzuuzz

• Options
    ... Doesn't that mean you weren't using the 90mm gun either? I recall on mine I could not mount it without the suspension. Or maybe you went without the engine upgrades?

• Options
    I think you can mount some of that with no extra equipment (gld, optics, etc).

• Options
  • Options
    It was fully upgraded, gun, engines, everything..but no tracks. And I didn't use any equipment either.
    I feel so dumb.

• Options
    Also keep in mind with the Lorraine, you can mount the second 90 without needing the tracks, and possibly one piece of equipment, but absolutely nothing else since there's only a leeway of like 30-40 kg after that.

• Options
    First game in the Tier 9 T30 on test:

nEwMf.jpg

Replay that only works with 7.2 test client: http://www.mediafire.com/?a66tiirb0u32m8h

• Options
    G. CactusG. Cactus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Tank Freezing Is Here for EU Clan Wars.

Chart at the link.

G. Cactus on
  • Options
    Looks like that's for the EU server only right now? I don't see a corresponding article on the NA site.

Either way, it's a dumb feature. All it does is make it even harder for smaller clans with newer players to compete.

• Options
    G. CactusG. Cactus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I corrected. I assumed everything was about ~AMERICA!

Anyway, it's draconian. Tier 10s get locked out for a full seven days.

• Options
    Looks like that's for the EU server only right now? I don't see a corresponding article on the NA site.

Either way, it's a dumb feature. All it does is make it even harder for smaller clans with newer players to compete.

Yes but it encourages people to pay gold to get tier X tanks faster! :D

• Options
    minirhyder wrote: »

Yes, it does do that. 8->

• Options
    lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular

And, of course, the big clans can sit on shit tons of gold to help people unlock tanks.

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • Options
    That is the dumbest fucking move WG could ever make. In the end it not only completely screws over small clans, but will entrench even more power in the big mega-guilds, and make an even more static map. We'll probably see even more NAPs because they'll both realize they need to conserve T10s to fight off upstarts, or it could lead to just massive amounts of backstabbing, and gobbling up of land when a clan is weak. But all that leads to is yo-yoing by the big clans with the small clans still being screwed. Blerg, I really hope they never introduce that on the US server.

• Options

And, of course, the big clans can sit on shit tons of gold to help people unlock tanks.

Not to mention we'll probably also see a large amount of territory trading and influx of sister clans being powered up to all T10s with that CW gold to help out the main clan.

• Options
    Yeah, WG have consistently shown that they can be trusted to take the most customer-hostile option possible on most fronts. The tournaments are about the only part of the game that they're actually listening to feedback on and not shitting up unnecessarily.

• Options
    Yes, this is a tier 1 battle, but I don't care. It was awesome, and who doesn't love a loltraktor?
    mediafire.com/?75uia9bpul9yc87

• Options
    You may have heard that tank locking is going to be implemented on the EU cluster as of March 15th.

We are not going to be implementing tank locking on the NA cluster as we still feel that tank locking would be of a great advantage to the more established clans and yet be of a large disadvantage to our new/medium clans.

For now, all clans should have an equal opportunity on the playing field, as we want to give you all the opportunity to grow and conquer the map.

Thank you for your support.

From Gaea on the Council of Armored Forces board. Which is good news.

Also, when I saw the clan tournament league payouts my jaw hit the floor. But when I started thinking about it, this is actually going to be cleaning up a lot of gold out of the game's economy whether it was paid for or from CW. Total payout, as it stands is about 1.45M gold, a conservative estimate of gold expended (150 per member per game, for roughly half the teams participating (assuming 128), for 8-9 weeks), which is removing 800-900,000 gold across all the entries. So they get a good chunk of that from CW, but also people paying that, and all they have to do is give 15 people enough gold that they'll never have to pay again, (though likely to be from a big clan, so they aren't paying customers regardless). These leagues and tournaments seem like a nice way for WG to increase sales lol.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    You may have heard that tank locking is going to be implemented on the EU cluster as of March 15th.

We are not going to be implementing tank locking on the NA cluster as we still feel that tank locking would be of a great advantage to the more established clans and yet be of a large disadvantage to our new/medium clans.

For now, all clans should have an equal opportunity on the playing field, as we want to give you all the opportunity to grow and conquer the map.

Thank you for your support.

From Gaea on the Council of Armored Forces board. Which is good news.

Well, that's good to hear, though the wording does leave room for them to implement it later if they feel like it. Also, it's weird as hell that they have different views/policies on this between the different server clusters, not to mention the autonomy to make that choice.
    Also, when I saw the clan tournament league payouts my jaw hit the floor. But when I started thinking about it, this is actually going to be cleaning up a lot of gold out of the game's economy whether it was paid for or from CW. Total payout, as it stands is about 1.45M gold, a conservative estimate of gold expended (150 per member per game, for roughly half the teams participating (assuming 128), for 8-9 weeks), which is removing 800-900,000 gold across all the entries. So they get a good chunk of that from CW, but also people paying that, and all they have to do is give 15 people enough gold that they'll never have to pay again, (though likely to be from a big clan, so they aren't paying customers regardless). These leagues and tournaments seem like a nice way for WG to increase sales lol.

Indeed, they'll probably come out of this in pretty good shape. :P I just hope they increase the team sizes. I saw that GeneralDirection said they'll consider bumping it to 18, which would be a step in the right direction.

Supraluminal on
  • Options
    So on the EU server it's perfectly fine to screw smaller clans, but on the NA not yet.

I really need to move to the NA server -_-

• Options
    peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    I don't play clan wars and might have this completely wrong, but this is me giving a semi-positive reading of freezing tanks.

Any single small clan would have a harder time taking on a bigger clan, sure. But I think the idea is that the top tiers get whittled down pretty fast and they would not be able to defend against many small clans blitzing through their territory and neighboring clans seeking opportunity. How effective that would be depends on the number of landing zones and the size of the map though, and I've heard the european clan wars map is a lot smaller than the russian one. I think the main effect that is hoped for is more opportunistic battles between the larger clans, since there is not much incentive to attack each other right now if you are both evenly matched large clans. In the worst case, the established clans might just rotate ownership of the areas around the landing zones to ensure there are always high tier tanks to defend them, but that requires a lot of coordination and cooperation.
    There is also going to be a peculiar effect in that people who play a lot of clan wars would be stuck with lower tiered tanks more often. This is going to drive some hardcore players away from clan wars. If you are used to playing in coordination with another top tier tank friend, once your top tank is frozen it is very possible you never again sync up the time your top tank is available to play with when your friend's top tank is available to play. You can still play together with another tank of course, but it removes a huge amount of choice as to what tanks you can play together. Your clan leader might not even let you play together because you are stuck in a lower tier tank. This might have been a lot better if there were zones with tier limits, but alas.

• Options
    Technically it depends on exactly how 'freezing' works, but I would think this would make landing itself almost impossible for many small clans. If a tank is out as soon as it is destroyed (so consider in every round of a landing, you lose 4-8 tier 10 tanks/8 SPGs), then the 3-4 rounds just to land have probably whittled down what you have access to, and you're just going to crash and burn against the completely intact defense at that location, or on the map space just beyond it. Even if you WOULDN'T lose those tanks on the landing battles, a lot of people playing high-level in clan wars will have the majority of the tier 9/10s compared to many small clans having only 1 or 2 per member, and those large clans also have a lot more members (particularly those with sister clans and whatnot).
    Ultimately, if you want to hold an area and you have 80 people who all have 5 useable tanks, you are never going to knock ALL of them out before they start getting tanks back. And in the meantime, you're pretty much only accomplishing this by throwing other completely intact teams at them to begin with, because as soon as you start approaching this as a sub-optimal team, the losses you'll cause them shrink drastically.

In theory, it could technically go either way. But in practice, if you want to get rooted on the map, there are certainly good places for it, and making it so people flatly cannot play the game just sounds like a horrible mechanic no matter how you spin it.

• Options
    Tanks don't get frozen in landing tournaments - only if you win the battle against the owner; so basically your stuff gets frozen only if you're on the map.

Still this heavily favors hardcore clans who are sitting on tons of gold and can afford to distribute it to members to help them with their grind. Smaller clans with little or no territory don't have this option, so they'll either have to spend money to grind up more CW tanks, or just get demolished on the global map.

It might help if WG reset the map and made everyone start from scratch, but no.

• Options
    The leader of NDP posted that he has, on paper, enough depth to lose 30 tier 10s per night, every night, without ever having to field a sub-optimal team. That's 3 full team wipes a night with a typical 10 tank/4 arty/1 scout setup. No way in hell is a scrappy upstart (like, say, us in S.I.M.P.) going to be able to pummel through that.

I have heard rumor that the effect of freezing on Russian CW is that the big clans have started throwing medium wolfpacks at opponents as a means of softening them up. I also saw some theorycrafting on SA about using a team full of tier 7 arty and a few scouts to just nuke a few opposing tier 10s or tier 8 arty for the same purpose. But I don't think that changes who's fighting, rather it only provides a small amount of variety in how they fight. And that modest benefit doesn't outweigh the impact on newer/smaller clans, in my opinion.

• Options
    peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    Tanks destroyed are not frozen "in the starting tournaments at landing". I'm not sure if that means just the first tier of the tournament or just the whole tournament.
    And I agree about making people not able to play being a bad idea.

• Options
    Tanks destroyed are not frozen "in the starting tournaments at landing". I'm not sure if that means just the first tier of the tournament or just the whole tournament.
    And I agree about making people not able to play being a bad idea.

Tanks won't be frozen unless you make it onto the map. So if you make it to the final battle with owner and win, only then will your tanks be frozen. Otherwise no.

• Options
    Yeah that's the problem it may allow smaller clans to get on the map, but take S.I.M.P. for example, once we're on the map, we wouldn't be able to hold any land and would get de-mapped quickly within a day or two just because we only have 1 full CW team, a majority of which only have 1-3 CW viable tanks each. Within a day or two we'd be running tier 8's and 9's against full T10 and T8 arty rosters.

• Options
    The DermThe Derm Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yes, this is a tier 1 battle, but I don't care. It was awesome, and who doesn't love a loltraktor?
    mediafire.com/?75uia9bpul9yc87

That was pretty awesome, although I do prefer the Cunningham. Are you using a gun-laying drive?

The Derm on
    Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
    Such a heavy burden now to be the one
    Born to bare and read to all the details of our ending
    To write it down for all the world to see
    But I forgot my pen...
This discussion has been closed.