Options

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 and Thread All Over...Too...

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I have the red/green starters and the black and white starters so if you want anything from another generation send it over and I'll get you the eggs.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I can do that. Have your FC on hand?

• Options
    4985 7261 8661

• Options
    Cool. I've got a few of the other starters (Turtwig, Chimchar, Cyndaquil) if you want those too.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote:
    There are several pokémon to consider ober Golduck, though. Water is the most abundant type, and there are plenty of special attackers out there, more so than physical ones. Ludicolo, Vaporeon, Empoleon, etc.

I know, I was just throwing out two options that would be found during the story mode, since I assumed that's where he was.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm just doing the story. I just arrived at the town with the lighthouse, so I think I can catch a Psyduck near that.

• Options
    Mechanical wrote:
    Cool. I've got a few of the other starters (Turtwig, Chimchar, Cyndaquil) if you want those too.

That sounds great. I'll go catch some stuff to exchange and then I'll breed the eggs up for you

• Options
    Just shoot me a PM whenever you're ready to trade.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    Yeah, I'm just doing the story. I just arrived at the town with the lighthouse, so I think I can catch a Psyduck near that.

Tentacruel is a reasonable option, I found him pretty useful. But Lanturn is probably one of the best, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, Surf makes it an absolute murder machine throughout the story.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I also find it amusing that you list Vaporeon as an example when, you know, he was one of the two examples I gave :P

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I am disappoint that I have to beat the game before I can transfer 'mons from SoulSilver :(

If I get someone to trade me an Eevee, can I evolve it in Black/White? Also if anyone has Leafeon or Glaceon...

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    There's a moss rock in pinwheel forest and an icy rock in twist mountain, if that's what you're asking.

• Options
    Wow.. So I may actually be able to complete my set? In SoulSilver I managed all of them except Espeon. I would one day like to have a whole team of evolved Eevees :)

• Options
    nozamanozama Registered User regular
    Hey Pokémaniacs. How are things going? I was away. Now I'm back. I haven't even finished white yet. And I have both copies. WTF??
    What's with the name of this game? POKEmon. I 'aven't even met her mon! Amirite?
    An hey, why can't you catchemall? Cuz nintendo wants 'to catch' all your money. AmiriteAmirite? [wait's for laughter] gnitefolks. I'llbe here all week. Try the veal!!!

Mods feel free to delete this.
    Anyway glad to be back. I'm a good poké trader. Honest. I caught em all for D/P SS/HG.

Pearl FC: 4684 6107 2273. DS username Duff

The Dark Spire: Where the fun of RPGs goes to die.

Will Work for Liver Transplant
    Save a life, become an organ donor.
  • Options
    OHAI, I herd u liek friend codez: 1337 6533 0162

I need 'mons. Who wants to trade me good 'mons for ez caught ones!?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I have a rather unusual request

I traded over all my dudes from Soul silver to White version, and thus now have a dilemma.

The dilemma is that I want to teach a scyther bug bite and roost, but don't have any dudes who can grind the battle noun anymore in Soul Silver

Is there anyone who has an abundance of HG/SS battle points and wouldn't mind teaching bug bite to a scyther at some point?

• Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    so I've been messing around with the other Subway modes. The wifi battle is pretty cool, this is my first time really seeing stuff that other players put together.

I was playing some of the multi with my kid. Anybody care to share any ideas for teams that would kick ass in there? This would be 2 teams of 2 each. So far my garchomp works well with anything that has flying so he can spam EQ. I wouldn't mind some more sophisticated pairings though that actually use abilities that benefit each other, etc.

• Options
    Gah... There is so much to Pokemon these days, I'm having trouble keeping it all straight. Subway, WiFi trading, DreamWorld, other link modes, PAL pad, on and on and on.

In theory, it's great they're adding so much depth to these games but DANG. Do kids actually manage to navigate all this stuff?

• Options
    TylecTylec Registered User regular
    So I just bought Pokemon Black this week, earned myself two gym badges and decided to test my level 20ish team out the Random Match-up feature. Surely the system will match me with a player of similar experience and level?

... Right?

Well, I was clobbered mercilessly by fully-evolved teams at lv 50. I did, however, run into a nice fellow from Japan who took pity on me and started attacking his own pokemon to give me a sporting chance. That was a nice gesture.

• Options
    Tylec, what's your friend code? I'm about at the same level as you in White... I'll be happy to trade you White exclusives for Black exclusives :) (my FC is up thread just a bit)

• Options
    TylecTylec Registered User regular
    I do have a surplus of Cottonee to give away, but is 1337 6533 0162 your correct Friend Code? I just tried inputting it into my Pal Pad and the game tells me its an invalid number.

• Options
    DaisyDaisy Registered User regular
    I just got White last weekend and I've been surprised how much fun I'm having with it! I've never been able to get into Pokemon before (tried Pearl and didn't even get to the first gym), but I can't seem to put it down now!

Right now I'm pretty content to just have fun going through the story, but I did wonder, while playing is there anything you should or should not do that might mess you up if you want to try battling or breeding or trading or anything later? For example, I've been pretty free about buying and using potions but if fighting trainers is the only way to get money and you can only do it once, should I be saving money?

• Options
    Officer 1BDIOfficer 1BDI Registered User regular
    You'll be able to refight some of the trainers post-game, so you can still make money that way. But I played through Black when it came out and by the time I beat the main game I had far more money than I needed.
    You'll also get an amulet coin after defeating a trio of trainers in Castelia City, which doubles the amount of money you win if one of your battling Pokémon is holding it.

I'm relatively new to the series myself, but I think the game is pretty lenient about letting you explore and experiment as you wish (within limits) without punishment.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    this game has tons of ways to make money, don't worry about it

• Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Post-game has a bunch of stuff you can sell for scads of cash, and you an always run through the elite 4 for money.

• Options
    DaisyDaisy Registered User regular
    Sounds good, thank you! So there's not really anything you can miss out on while playing that you can't go back to later? (I wondered if any of the Pokemon might be like that, like you only have a limited chance to get them because an area closes off or something)

• Options
    No, the closest Pokemon gets to doing that are the legendaries that can only be downloaded within a certain time (which has only been Victini for this generation so far).

• Options
    ebolazaireebolazaire Registered User regular
    Hi, I need some pokemon to fill out my pokedex, and a friend suggest that I come and ask here since apparently the community is awesome :)

Username: Ebz
    Friend Code: 5414-9600-7193
    Pokémon Needed for PokéDex: #151 Mew, #251 Celebi, #386 Deoxys, #490 Manaphy, #491 Darkrai, #492 Shaymin, #493 Arceus (only for trade and trade back)
    Other: Can offer almost any pokemon to help fill out your dex, or some base pokemon (All starters, houndour, stuff like that) No DW stuff since I really dislike trying to do anything on there.

Should be online for awhile, otherwise please drop me a pm to set up a trade.

Pokémon White FC: 5414-9600-7193
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    I hate the internet up here. Pretty much every time someone asks for pokemon, I'm all "Oooh! I've got one! I've got several!" And then remember I have no way to trade them to people anymore and I feel bad.

• Options
    ebolazaireebolazaire Registered User regular
    Darn ;p

Pokémon White FC: 5414-9600-7193
  • Options
    Starting 9/18, you can go download Zoroark from your local Toys R Us.

• Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    It's not just any Zoroark. It's a Zoroark with Snarl. Remember to get a male so you can breed Snarl.

You only have a week, starting this Sunday, to pick it up. 9/18 - 9/25.

Also, I love my bitchin' Zoroark C-Gear skin. However, it is only second to the awesome Worlds skin with skateboarding Pikachu.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    So it's an event that isn't one of the 3 remaining event pokemon.

• Options
    Yeah. Just Zoroark. Because September is apparently Zoroark month.

Also, Keldio, Meloetta, and Genesect haven't even been revealed in Japan yet so no way we'll see any of that stuff stateside.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    It's stuff like that and the lack of additions to the dream world that annoy me.

You've already created the Pokemon, Game Freak! What's stopping you?

• Options
    Well, they did add stuff to the Dream World...in Japan. Who knows if they'll ever bring any of those things stateside. I'm jealous of Japanese players and their fancy dream castles and Café furniture.

Also, we're pretty much at the mercy of the marketing folks at The Pokémon Company International since they decide what promos get used. GAME FREAK may include all of this stuff in the games, but TPCI gets to decide what gets used. If it doesn't fit into their marketing schedule, it dies. I'm still disappointed in the lack of official Azure Flutes for D/P/Pl. And now we'll never get the Lock Capsule that unlocks the TM for Snarl in B/W because anything HG/SS related is dead, not to mention never unlocking all the Pokéwalker courses.

In any case, I'm sure we'll eventually get the event Pokémon. They've never failed to at least release them in some form. We got Arceus, but never a wild one in-game.

Oh, and who's jazzed about Poké Park 2?!

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Yeah I know about the Japan stuff, that's exactly the problem! I didn't think about the Pokemon Company, but taking forever to release stuff is still pretty lame.

And I heard about Pokepark 2 being the unanounced pokemon game, needless to say :?

• Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    Yeah I know about the Japan stuff, that's exactly the problem! I didn't think about the Pokemon Company, but taking forever to release stuff is still pretty lame.

And I heard about Pokepark 2 being the unanounced pokemon game, needless to say :?

Just got announced according to bulbapedia and serebii.

Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they stagger the promos out purely because of release schedules stateside. For example, I'm sure TPCI wants us to get excited about Rumble Blast right about now. They'll start cranking out stuff about that pretty soon since it comes out next month. Any promos that Japan is doing right now relating to B/W are on the back burner, and aside from the whole Zoroark thing this month, we'll probably see the other promos like those special Zekrom and Reshiram next spring when they'll likely be gearing up for a stateside release of the Victini movie.

Unfortunately, we really can't do anything about this because there's always the fact that everything Pokémon originates in Japan, and TPCI has to localize and plan marketing strategies to push the game in other regions outside Japan. There'll always be that delay. If you want everything day one, you pretty much have to live in Japan and be fluent in Japanese. For the rest of us, we just have to wait. Thankfully, the wait is (somewhat) shorter nowadays, and occasionally, we get stuff before Japan, like the Worlds C-Gear skin. We all pretty much got the Pokédex 3D about the same time.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    All it boils down for me is 'Where's my elephant Genesect?'
    coutts wrote:

Just got announced according to bulbapedia and serebii.

Yeah, that's what I said :P

This discussion has been closed.