Options

LEGO thread- Legends of Chima, Lego does furries

• Options
    bobb1358bobb1358 Registered User new member
    i mean like the minifigs are more molded than built. and by bricks i meant like the dinos for example. not stud wise bigger.

• Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Stopped by Toys R Us after the Dude did well on his spelling test, and lo and behold, the Hero-Factory-esque Batman (and Joker and Green Lantern) were on the shelves!

It's... interesting. Very cool to have the Batman, many more pieces than a Hero Factory guy would've had. The pieces are essentially Hero Factory pieces, too, which is both good and bad. The plating on the upper arms is actually a pair of lower torso plates, which kinda interferes with moving the arms. I surreptitiously swapped it with leg pieces, leaving Batman less muscular-looking but able to move his arms with jamming on his own chest. The cape-effect is actually an entire other torso-skeleton with limb-pieces sticking out, along with plates to cover the back (which Hero Factory guys don't usually have). It's bulkier, but I think it works nicely, unlike the bulky arms.

ETA: Link to pic, since I apparently suck too much to inline an image:

http://twitpic.com/86yalv

ETA: And there was also a "Superman and Wonder Woman vs Lex Luthor" pack with minifigs. I picked that one up for ME. Lego Superman is gonna be on my desk come Monday.

takyris on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    the lego DC line is awesome

lego Marvel stuff coming soon! hero factory style captain america, iron man, and hulk.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Lego Gear REX is coming along OK. I did not anticipate the sheer size of it though; the Railgun alone is 30 cm long, and it's scaled down compared to the rest of the model (lower legs especially are huge, but there's no way to reduce them and still maintain stability)

Just gotta do the thigh sections and the big missile backpack now, then stick all of it together and hope it doesn't disintegrate. :D

Rowr.jpg

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Deposited my paycheck today and hit up the ol' Wally*World to check out some motorbiking ninjas.

The entire rack of spinner kits was empty. Oh sure, there were one or two of the little booster bags and plenty of the vehicles. But the things needed to even play the game? Gone.

On the other hand, I did pick up a TIE Interceptor with collectible Death Star container.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I bought the Lego Millennium Falcon around Christmas. I'd probably have a Lego Death Star by now if I had the dough. Lego Lord of the Rings is going to destroy my bank account.

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    Lego Gear REX is coming along OK. I did not anticipate the sheer size of it though; the Railgun alone is 30 cm long, and it's scaled down compared to the rest of the model (lower legs especially are huge, but there's no way to reduce them and still maintain stability)

Just gotta do the thigh sections and the big missile backpack now, then stick all of it together and hope it doesn't disintegrate. :D

Rowr.jpg

brings a tear to the eye it does

• Options
    I want a Lego Jawa, because for some reason I want to recreate my crew from The Old Republic in Lego form, but I don't want to pay $25 on eBay for one. Also, it's not super easy to find Lego ladies, I'm finding, which is...odd. I mean, there's that weird Lego Friends line, but those don't count because they ain't minifigs.

I suppose I should get the Lego Superman set. I don't really want the whole Lex Luthor get up, but if that's what I need to do to get a Lego Supes, so be it.

• Options
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    LEGO why you gotta do a thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrmRxGLn0Bk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe65EGkB9kA

LEGO

LEGO come back I still love you!

• Options
    this sadly isn't new

they've always had weird figs for the girl toylines

Lego_Belville_7587_-_Horse_Jumping.jpg
    from 2008

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I finished organizing and cataloging (on peeron.com) all the old lego I recovered from my parents place. Just under 2000 pieces: more if I include the Tyco Super Block pieces that work fine with Lego but have no equivalent on Peeron.

Missing a lot of pieces I have fond memories of, including the wheels to my Ice Tunnelator and the door to my M-tron storage box. Don't have enough lego's to complete a single damn set. :( Hilariously, I inheireted a lot of my older legos from my uncle, so I have a lot of pieces from the 1970's. Unfortunately, they're all grubby as hell so I'll need to clean (and probably oxy clean the whites) them before I can start building stuff with 'em.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Love dat skeleton horse

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    ghost train

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Want that hearse.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    I want that monster hunter stuff yesterday

• Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    saw a geebs' post about monster hunter stuff and got my hopes up but noooooo it's all werewolves and zombies and skeletons u g h

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Butler wrote:
    LEGO why you gotta do a thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrmRxGLn0Bk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe65EGkB9kA

LEGO

LEGO come back I still love you!

See, the thing with this is, LEGO actually did do extensive market research. What came back was, girls want Bratz dolls, in Lego form. LEGO aren't the sexist ones, it's juvenile girls who are somehow sexist against themselves. Or people are just being stupid and reactionary. I know which one I think is true.

As for regular LEGO toys and girls? Well, both my sisters played with normal LEGO growing up. They're even normal, functional adults! Who'd have thunk it?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    That came back from the market research because that's the message that's overwhelmingly pushed onto children by existing toy advertising. It's kind of a self perpetuating cycle, and it needs to be broken.

I think the changes LEGO needs to make are very reasonable and within reach. All those "boy" sets they already make? Keep making them, just include an equal number of clearly-female minifigs as clearly-male minifigs, and show girls playing with them in the advertising. Vice-versa for the "girl" lines, but also stop making fucking everything only pink and mauve.

I know there's nothing to stop girls playing with boy legos or boys playing with girl legos as it is, and many do. But there shouldn't be any implication from the marketing that to do so is to transgress some kind of gender boundary.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    The best point that lady makes is that LEGO seems to have moved away from the building and creativity aspects, which would seem to be the most "educational" aspects of the product. I would like to see a larger emphasis on designs like the Creator series.

As to the whole concept of focusing on toys for girls or for boys, it's Howard Moskowitz's fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGWA7Nuz9e4

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Build a Lego space station, whilst in the ACTUAL International Space Station?

Don't mind if I do.

http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-022412a.html

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    So. Not only are the Ninjago spinners still sold out before I can get within a mile of them, the Lego Web Shop is also sold out of the one I really want (Samurai X, hot damn).

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    GaebrilGaebril Registered User regular
    The fuss about LEGO Friends is weird because the way I see it LEGO is for some reason being held to a higher standard of neutrality than other toylines. If you want to get mad at pink toys LEGO is hardly the worst offender. Alternately, if you want to buy your daughter a tub of featureless basic bricks, they still sell those too, they always have. But I'm sure there are girls there who want pink toys, and for those girls if the choice is between Friends, Bratz, and Barbie, well I am glad that LEGO is in on that list at all.

I do agree though, that simply having more gender neutral, low-conflict City sets would have been the ideal solution. That and having a more equal gender spread for minifigs, across each line. But somehow I feel that it would have just hurt LEGO sales without having any real effect on gender issues.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Ianator wrote: »
    So. Not only are the Ninjago spinners still sold out before I can get within a mile of them, the Lego Web Shop is also sold out of the one I really want (Samurai X, hot damn).

What? they have tons of the boxes at work
    I bought a few of them just to spin at each other

• Options
    Must be one of the geographical foibles then. There's two Wal*Marts in this town and they both have consistently empty Ninjago racks. One of them serves shoppers from Tahoe so there's that...

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Gaebril wrote: »
    The fuss about LEGO Friends is weird because the way I see it LEGO is for some reason being held to a higher standard of neutrality than other toylines.
    That's because Lego is BETTER than other toylines. :D

• Options
    ...What what what

Now half the spinners are gone from the shop. I think we have a storyline update coming up.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    GaebrilGaebril Registered User regular
    6939940671_5646978c80_z.jpg

So the new Dino line is pretty awesome, even if the Dino-figs themselves aren't particularly brick built. I hope this gets another wave or two so we can get more species in. But what's even more awesome is the natural progression of Dino-figs with studs...

6796330073_405a49edb3_z.jpg
    Dino Riders by "Orion Pax", on Flickr

• Options
    shit I didn't consider armoring up my lego dinosaurs

now

I need to buy dinosaur legos

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I finally bought some Legos today. Got the Catcycle set because I wanted a Batman figure, and the Dirt Bike Transporter. I love the way trucks come together when you build them. It's just so much fun to see it take shape. The motorcycles in the set are pretty simple, but look awesome.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    If you see it and have the dosh, get the EDF HQ set, the big battlevan.

One of the best lego sets ever.

• Options
    I can't find that in town and I don't want to order it.

Sad panda :(

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I wish I hadn't seen that it looks so awesome, but not awesome enough to not get Mass Effect 3.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Yeah, know the feeling.

I ordered it on Amazon when I had some money and it was on sale.

It's even cooler than it looks.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    bumping this because there are so many cool sets out recently.
    The Monster Fighter sets are out and I really wanted to grab the werewolf and vampire ones when I was out today.

All of the Avengers sets are pretty cool and I'm def getting this one as it has most of the minifigs I really want. I'd love to get the jet too, but I can't justify spending $70 atm. Maybe on sale eventually. Why is the Widow fig only in the one most expensive set? :( (As an aside, that's still better than normal avengers toy line, that has no black widow figure at all)

Also, the LotR sets, which are awesome, but have even worse minifig distribution. I'm gonna have to ebay a Boromir I guess. :P

basically, it's a really good time to be a rich lego fan.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I haven't watched Cartoon Network in some time, and they have one of the saddest TV shows based on LEGO ninjas or something. Fucking terrible.

But, I was always a K'NEX man.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    do not tarnish the majesty of my pile of legos

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    LEGOs are pretty awesome when they're fucking plastic bricks used to make cool stuff. As opposed to being sold out to every liscense and gimmick known to man.

Line from the cartoon, I shit you not: "My son knows spinjitzu."

We're through the looking glass, people.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    licensed lego is pretty cool

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif