[WOW][Chat] 4.2 today! And there was much rejoicing.

belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
continue your chatting here.

belligerent on
«13456762

Posts

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited May 2011
    Watching pugs who were not around for wrath fail repeatedly at Azjol-Nerub is simultaneously terrible and hilarious. I hope I never get UP as a random at this rate.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So apparently cross-realm 5 man parties inc.

    That's kind of cool actually.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh wait the cross realm group thing is a premium service.

    9e348d54fccdedf3cfc9b468d27ab1c01231533452_full.jpg

    Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well... that's interesting, I guess. I'd pay for it if I had realid friends.

    Would be cool to group up with PA guys and gals cross server though.

    belligerent on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    They are so laughably inept at this. Just wait, they will do a total 180 on the Activision Tax requirement if it means reversing the recent decline a bit.

    Even then, it's still very mediocre. Real ID sucks, plain and simple. It has no options nor flexibility. I may like Johnny Chucklefuck and wish to do a heroic cross-server. But we are not "choice bros." I don't want him knowing my real name. I do not want him knowing what I'm up to on Starcraft or Diablo.

    Then you have fun issues like "Shit, our only friend dumb enough to pay into Blizzard's Executive Charity Fund can't get online. WELP."

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm pretty sure that's not what RealID is for.

    Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    So, does the fact that the Tier 12 set bonuses are different now reflect a change following public outcry? ... or just that the old sets in the test realm patch had not been updated at the time of the test patch release?
    Well, considering the disc/holy priest 4-piece bonus was just trollface.jpg and had a 0% chance of going live like that, I would suspect the first set bonuses we saw that changed were largely placeholders so that there was something there. But likely many of these things were intended to be changed in time. Some of the ones that went from "this seems interesting or decent" to "this is different and also seems interesting or decent" might have been based more on feedback/testing.
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    I think 4.2 patch is a long ways away as there are fundamental balance issues they are struggling with right now for clases in a pve setting.
    Such as? I mean that's no different really than the state both 4.0 (and Cata itself) and 4.1 went live with.

    I mean it sounds like the designers are having a hard time balancing the higher ilevel gear with abilities. The post about mastery becoming soft capped on mmo-champion is in that vein.

    The justification the designers used for the pally spell increase also strikes me as odd because they talk about it in present tense, i.e. pallys are ending fights with too much mana now, as opposed to future raid content, but other changes seem to reflect accomodations for 4.2.

    So, I am not sure if they would push the patch out with issues like a mastery softcap in place.
    Mastery soft cap?

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh wait the cross realm group thing is a premium service.
    9e348d54fccdedf3cfc9b468d27ab1c01231533452_full.jpg

    I think someone high up in Blizzard or Activision has been playing too many Facebook games and it's giving him ideas.

    Not like it matters though.

    shryke on
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    So, does the fact that the Tier 12 set bonuses are different now reflect a change following public outcry? ... or just that the old sets in the test realm patch had not been updated at the time of the test patch release?
    Well, considering the disc/holy priest 4-piece bonus was just trollface.jpg and had a 0% chance of going live like that, I would suspect the first set bonuses we saw that changed were largely placeholders so that there was something there. But likely many of these things were intended to be changed in time. Some of the ones that went from "this seems interesting or decent" to "this is different and also seems interesting or decent" might have been based more on feedback/testing.
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    I think 4.2 patch is a long ways away as there are fundamental balance issues they are struggling with right now for clases in a pve setting.
    Such as? I mean that's no different really than the state both 4.0 (and Cata itself) and 4.1 went live with.

    I mean it sounds like the designers are having a hard time balancing the higher ilevel gear with abilities. The post about mastery becoming soft capped on mmo-champion is in that vein.

    The justification the designers used for the pally spell increase also strikes me as odd because they talk about it in present tense, i.e. pallys are ending fights with too much mana now, as opposed to future raid content, but other changes seem to reflect accomodations for 4.2.

    So, I am not sure if they would push the patch out with issues like a mastery softcap in place.
    Mastery soft cap?

    I was thinking about this in terms of warrior tanks when I wrote this. Pally tanks have no mastery soft cap, only a hard cap.

    Edit: For clarification, a warrior tank can be unhittable because of a high enough mastery and still gain benefit from addtional mastery through crit block, once pally tanks are unhittable through mastery, it no longer grants any bonus. Warrior tanks would have a mastery hard cap at 100% crit block.

    Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh, you're talking about mastery for the two shield-based tank specs? Yeah, that's not a huge issue and is something that people have been discussing since before 4.0. It's certainly not the sort of thing that would hold 4.2 back if it were otherwise ready.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's funny, there's 4 WoW chat threads on the page right now. I'm giving my stamp of approval to this one.

    Opty on
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Oh, you're talking about mastery for the two shield-based tank specs? Yeah, that's not a huge issue and is something that people have been discussing since before 4.0. It's certainly not the sort of thing that would hold 4.2 back if it were otherwise ready.

    I was just using it as an example for some of the problems the developers might be having. If that was the sole issue, then yeah I don't think it would hold the patch back, but I bet there are other gear to talent balancing problems that could also be gumming up the works as well.

    Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Oh, you're talking about mastery for the two shield-based tank specs? Yeah, that's not a huge issue and is something that people have been discussing since before 4.0. It's certainly not the sort of thing that would hold 4.2 back if it were otherwise ready.

    I was just using it as an example for some of the problems the developers might be having. If that was the sole issue, then yeah I don't think it would hold the patch back, but I bet there are other gear to talent balancing problems that could also be gumming up the works as well.
    There aren't, really. The gear upgrade we're looking at in 4.2 is fairly incremental, and it's going to be a while into 4.2 before the best geared players achieve a significant power increase from the best geared players of today. They'll have plenty of time to prod at things with hotfixes like they've been doing in the past if it turns out, say, fury warriors magically get 30% better with the new gear while everyone else gets 15% better.

    What else is in danger of capping out at 391 ilevel gear? Crit won't be. There are some haste soft caps but those are already in play in current gear. I don't think there are even any masteries that can cap anymore with the changes they've made since 4.0, besides the obvious caveat of tank masteries.

    forty on
    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited May 2011
    They need to make Disarmament and Ingvar Must Die turn in in UK.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Opty wrote: »
    It's funny, there's 4 WoW chat threads on the page right now. I'm giving my stamp of approval to this one.

    Me, too.

    Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    I'm pretty sure that's not what RealID is for.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here.

    The cross-server thing works off Real ID. That is one aspect of what RealID is for.

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    He's saying RealID's meant to be friends with people you're close enough to that them knowing your real name isn't an issue rather than a way for you to friend up with random people for cross-server/game shenanigans.

    Opty on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's not what RealID is for.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here.

    The cross-server thing works off Real ID. That is one aspect of what RealID is for.

    RealID is not to be used with the random people you meet in cross server dungeons.

    RealID is meant to be used with your friends. Your real friends that you physically know, and go out drinking with after work. Who already know you name and e-mail address.

    The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited May 2011
    Attention moonkin: if you don't have whatever glyphed to get rid of the knockback and proceed to fuck up all my pulls, you don't get to complain about dying after you steal all of the aggro.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • AphostileAphostile Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    And you look stupid.

    Aphostile on
    Tinychat is dead. Long live Tinychat. D3 BTag: Aphostile#1366 : Steam - ADD ME JERKS : | Xbox Live : LastAphostile | PS4 : Aphostile
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Attention moonkin: if you don't have whatever glyphed to get rid of the knockback and proceed to fuck up all my pulls, you don't get to complain about dying after you steal all of the aggro.

    Oh, typhoon? I've got it glyphed. See, I'm a GOOD moonkin, Arivia.

    Henroid on
    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
  • KlatuKlatu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Moonkins can be a pain to hold agro off anyway. Especially if they drop mushrooms and blow them up the second you pull. I usually let them die a time or two if they open up right away to see if they get the message.

    Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    If you re-read my post, it's clear that I know what Real ID is for. That is why I say it's incredibly limited. Which is why it is bad. Your list will be incredibly narrow.

    It is not hard to simply have toggles for real name, cross-game/realm functionality and so forth. Players can agree how intimate they can get with their information.

    To make this incredibly clear: it is possible to have multiple degrees of "friendship" in the game. Do you want to see Orcmore's real name? Do you want to see each other in all Battle.net games? The game will ask Orcmore and permit it if he agrees. Functionality of new features becomes prohibitively limited when shackled by the current RealID requirement.

    Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, I usually shrug these Daily Blinks off, but this is fucking great:

    http://www.thedailyblink.com/comics/2011-05-16-151.jpg

    Henroid on
    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
  • KlatuKlatu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Same can be said of any class really.. but yes, I laughed at that one as well.

    Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The fact that the mage is a Blood Elf really adds to the strip.

    Aeyther on
    Switch: SW-4524-7761-8898 | ACNH Town: Bluenorth | SE MC Server | Steam
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Interesting that they still haven't unleashed sparkle pony 2.0 on the masses yet.

    Halfmex on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Interesting night. All of BWD down in an hour with HHalfus. And then HMagmaw down after 2 hours on him. Had him to 1% an hour in. Fun fun.

    Jubal77 on
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The Warlock T12 looks pretty damn cool, I think. The downside is the back of the helmet having NOTHING, I'll concede that point, but as a set it looks pretty solid. Fire spiders. I just don't know if it's "warlock"ish necessarily.

    And now, to hope to pass out within a few minutes because I've fallen dramatically ill.

    Henroid on
    Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What is this about RealID?

    I cannot go to battlenet or wow because this computer is really old. It's funny other penny arcade loads fine the computer will freak out if I go to most of the things online

    Brainleech on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Watching pugs who were not around for wrath fail repeatedly at Azjol-Nerub is simultaneously terrible and hilarious. I hope I never get UP as a random at this rate.

    I got UP as a random 5 times when leveling from 79 to 80.

    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What is this about RealID?

    I cannot go to battlenet or wow because this computer is really old. It's funny other penny arcade loads fine the computer will freak out if I go to most of the things online

    Blizz posted that you will be able to do cross-realm dungeon groups through RealID. So you can open a cross-realm party and just queue through LFD. It doesn't work cross-faction and also it will be part of a premium RealID package (i.e. you'll have to pay for the feature).

    copy/paste from MMOchampion (where there is already a shitstorm over this)
    With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

    As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.

    Grobian on
    PoGo friend code: 7835 1672 4968
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited May 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Watching pugs who were not around for wrath fail repeatedly at Azjol-Nerub is simultaneously terrible and hilarious. I hope I never get UP as a random at this rate.

    I got UP as a random 5 times when leveling from 79 to 80.

    how did you avoid killing all the people who fail at execution on skadi

    ugh

    pugs are really bad right now it seems and it is disillusioning me

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    people get killed by skadi?

    his blue junk kinda tickles, I guess

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    people get killed by skadi?

    his blue junk kinda tickles, I guess

    Probably the whirlwind after he lands, more likely. That can still hurt, especially if you don't run from it.

    IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited May 2011
    people get killed by skadi?

    his blue junk kinda tickles, I guess

    no no

    think of all the gogogogogogogo dps who don't want to/are too stupid to wait for harpoons etc

    execution fights suck with mouthbreathers

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The only reason pugs get better at max level is that you have a larger pool of players to draw from and simply have a statistically better chance of getting non-retards. But it's still pretty fucking bad, I refuse to pug the heroicZ still, and I will pug a few normal heroics only to gear up DPS in guild. That CtA isn't worth it, like, maybe, if they put a hooker in there or something, I guess.

    XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    people get killed by skadi?

    his blue junk kinda tickles, I guess

    no no

    think of all the gogogogogogogo dps who don't want to/are too stupid to wait for harpoons etc

    execution fights suck with mouthbreathers

    It doesn't make the fight harder

    It just makes the fight take forever when the idiot hunter grabs all the harpoons and just hoards them, or the DK decides that shooting his harpoons when the boss is at the far end of the hallway is a great plan.

    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Regarding the Cross-Realm Dungeon Finder thing - I don't know. I usually don't have a problem with Blizzard's microtransactions but this one just seems dumb. How many people actually wanted this enough that they'd pay for it? It doesn't feel like an "extra" in the same way name changing or server transfers do.

    But eh, I wasn't going to use it anyways so I don't really care.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    I fucking hate Earth Elementals. I know Shamans drop them for bonus DPS but they fucking taunt everything like assholes. They completely fucked up Al'Akir for me last night. I couldn't control the adds because of fucking Earth Elementals.

    JustinSane07 on
This discussion has been closed.