Options

The _third_ PSN down thread. Freebies are up. Problems? Check the OP.

• Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm a Japan account, I was thinking out of picking up:

PS3:
    Last Guy
    EchoChrome

PSP:
    Yusha no Kuse ni 2
    Patapon 2

Are any of these games actually horrible, or did I omit a real gem? I don't own any of the games they're offering.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    I'm a Japan account, I was thinking out of picking up:

PS3:
    Last Guy
    EchoChrome

PSP:
    Yusha no Kuse ni 2
    Patapon 2

Are any of these games actually horrible, or did I omit a real gem? I don't own any of the games they're offering.

EchoChrome is neat.
    I personally didn't like the demo for The Last Guy.

Yusha no Kuse ni 1 was good, dunno about 2.
    Patapon 2 is great.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Heh...courtesy of the Rock Band 3. Looks like the plan is to have the store up by the 31st.
    Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 31):

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow, that PSP list is MUCH better than the US list.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    CrewMember169CrewMember169 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So last night I tried to log into my Hotmail account and was told "Before you can sign in to Windows Live, you need to create a new password."

I've had the same Hotmail account for years and I've never been asked to changed my password. This is the same account that my PSN account is linked to. Coincidence?

CrewMember169 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hmm that's odd. Unless Microsoft finally started making passwords expire.

urahonky on
  • Options
    CrewMember169CrewMember169 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I changed my password a few months ago. I hope that Microsoft doesn't expect me to change it on a regular basis. I would just start using Yahoo or Gmail instead.

CrewMember169 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You should anyway. :P It seriously took hotmail two weeks to give me my email back when it was hijacked by a hacker. Yahoo and Gmail gave it back to me that day.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Hmm, if we get downloads per account, rather than per PS3 I'm looking forward to claiming my free EU, American and JPN games! The Last Guy and Hustler King, Dead Nation and Infamous, Super Stardust HD. Fantastic.

This is what I'm constantly wondering. I've got accounts in all regions, and if there's no way to track the number of accounts per system, you can bet I'll take advantage of it.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    dragon_petzdragon_petz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm hoping its per account too :P

dragon_petz on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Store's still down, I guess?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Heck, all of PSN is down again.

SteevL on
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Asked for the password reset so I can get on my shiny new ps3, but the e-mail still hasn't come through.... Guy on the phone told me it could take up to 24 hours, anyone have a more specific idea of how long it takes for these e-mails to be sent?

TPSou on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is this where I cry about my PS3 being stuck in NAT 3?

forty on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man, I hope they fix their store soon.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Question: Why the hell would someone have NA, EU, AND Japanese PSN accounts?

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Answer: to download content exclusive to each region.

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Like what, though?

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Demos, usually. Sometimes free themes. There's a free premium theme of Afrika in the hong kong store.

It's neat.

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    Like what, though?

AdHoc Party for one (lobbies are tied to region - so UK, US, Japan are all separated), also Japanese demos and games if you can get a wallet going. I've got all three as well.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Demos, usually. Sometimes free themes. There's a free premium theme of Afrika in the hong kong store.

It's neat.

Seriously, this. I barely use my PS3 outside of a BR player, and I have a Japanese account. My roommate wanted to download the Yakuza 3 Demo, back before there was any word of it coming to the US.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Like what, though?

There are a lot of games only available in certain regions.For example Malicious and Langrisser aren't on US and EU PSN.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Like what, though?

I made a Japanese account for the Catherine demo, and I made a UK account for...some demo from last year I think.

This post was supposed to be way more helpful, but I do have all three.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    langfor6 wrote: »
    Like what, though?

I made a Japanese account for the Catherine demo, and I made a UK account for...some demo from last year I think.

That can be pretty helpful. It had never occurred to me to check PSN store Japan for the Catherine demo.

On the other hand, PSN Store is still down. Sooooo...I could try checking the Japanese Xbox 360 account I have, since it's going to be multiplatform...*crosses fingers*

Synthesis on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Like what, though?

That can be pretty helpful. It had never occurred to me to check PSN store Japan for the Catherine demo.

On the other hand, PSN Store is still down. Sooooo...I could try checking the Japanese Xbox 360 account I have, since it's going to be multiplatform...*crosses fingers*

All credit for the Catherine idea goes to the resident SMT/Atlus nuts here. I just glide in their wake mostly.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Like what, though?

All credit for the Catherine idea goes to the resident SMT/Atlus nuts here. I just glide in their wake mostly.

I used it once to download the Tales of Vesperia demo. The one in English, that the 5 minutes leading up to the hardest fucking battle in the game.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    LeevityLeevity Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, who actually thinks the store will be up by the end of the month?

Leevity on
    XBL/PSN/Steam: Leevity
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I made my US account so I could buy Resident Evil 2/3, FF Tactics and Symphony of the Night.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I finally logged in today, so it appears the Japanese PSN is back up, finally.

... after I already packed away the PS3 and sold my monitor.

goddammit

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SteevL wrote: »

Did all the asian users coming back online bring it back down again similar to what happened when Europe came back up? Haven't logged in for a couple of days.

Pretty disappointed the store isn't back up, I figured they'd do it on the same days they brought the PSN back up but nope. If it's not up by the end of tomorrow then their schedule, which they only just mentioned again last week, was full of shit.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Did all the asian users coming back online bring it back down again similar to what happened when Europe came back up? Haven't logged in for a couple of days.

Pretty disappointed the store isn't back up, I figured they'd do it on the same days they brought the PSN back up but nope. If it's not up by the end of tomorrow then their schedule, which they only just mentioned again last week, was full of shit.

They can still claim it was just a hopeful estimate, but I think we all know that they are definitely, DEFINITELY getting it up by next week (E3). They probably don't care if it is as unsafe as the day it was first cracked, held together with happy thoughts and duct tape: they need to be able to say "PSN is back" at their press conference.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    If they bring it up just before E3 then they can announce "PSN is back" just as Nintendo announces the 3DS store is up.

I honestly believed most people would have forgotten about this by E3, now it's only a week away, it's entirely possible that it will still be down then. We lolsony a lot, but they're a relatively successful company, it's strange that they've been so hilariously incompetent so often with this issue.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    True. On the other hand, it does suck for the Sony reps at E3, if it were still done in the time period.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Question: do I have to have a PS3 to try and redeem any free stuff? Cause mine is currently in storage (I did get the emails though.)
    I did pick up another PSP recently, but during the outage so I never got a chance to tie it to my PSN id.
    Will it still count since I had one from way back?

You know what, fuck it. I'm not going to try and game the system. Other people deserve it more then me (like my ex-roommate that actually had his info stolen.)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I never heard if the SoE stuff ever came back up. Did they come up when PSN came up, or will EQ and DCUO players be waiting until after the PSN store is up?

Lars on
  • Options
    Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, things are at the point now, where non-gamers in my social circle that have a PS3 are asking me how they redeem their Welcome Back stuff, and when I tell them they can't because they store isn't up, they get mad and don't believe me.

"Why would this message be there for so long if I can't even do anything about it?"

Then when they see that the store really isn't up, the anger turns back to Sony. It's not great when your apology offer is making people mad...

Guitar Hero Of Time on
  • Options
    RericReric Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I'll be curious to see if the store crashes when it first comes back up. I imagine their servers aren't really set up to allow everyone to try and get their two free games at the same time. Maybe they will do something where they send out redeem codes to users in batches.

Reric on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    Question: do I have to have a PS3 to try and redeem any free stuff? Cause mine is currently in storage (I did get the emails though.)
    I did pick up another PSP recently, but during the outage so I never got a chance to tie it to my PSN id.
    Will it still count since I had one from way back?

You know what, fuck it. I'm not going to try and game the system. Other people deserve it more then me (like my ex-roommate that actually had his info stolen.)

It's not gaming the system, the games are being given out to everyone regardless of whether or not their info was stolen.

Think of it this way - the identity theft protection was given away for people's data being compromised, the games are simply being given away for the month and a half we've been unable to use the PSN

Why is your PS3 in storage, anyway?

I'm assuming there is a chance that you'll be able to redeem the PSP games using Media Go, so if you have a PSP that you haven't activated on your PSN account than you should still be able to get them.

So Japan's PSN is up, but when I went to change my password instead of letting me do it from the system I got a message in Japanese with my email address in it. I'm assuming this means that they're going to send me a link to change my password to the email address I used. Considering I used fake@liarface.com , I think it's a safe bet I won't be getting the Japanese games.

So today is this 30th, here's hoping the NA and PAL stores will be up and running today or tomorrow.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sony absolutely, positively can't afford to do a "and PSN is on... now!" at E3. If the stores go up, say, Tuesday and there's a day or two worth of problems, the blowback won't be so bad. But if Sony brings the stores back up during E3 and there's problems? The same day or two worth of problems would generate one hell of a shitstorm.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I kinda hope it stays down through their conference, just because it will be awkward.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID