Options

[Venture Bros.] Apparently the movie is erasing the existence of the series

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Publick has shared the first image from the movie. Currently in post production, no release date yet.

Also, 20 years.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My body is ready

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Damn, it's been a part of my life for so long, it feels weird to anticipate its conclusion and letting go. Till now it was so ambiguous that it still felt alive, but now we're actually getting to the end. What a ride it has been.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Given the state of Warner, it's lucky that we're getting any closure at all.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Don't jinx it...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I hope Titmouse does a Shirt of the Episode Club for the Venture Bros. Movie but make it like Shirt of the ten minutes or something.

I just want more obscure Venture Bros. shirts.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I hope Titmouse does a Shirt of the Episode Club for the Venture Bros. Movie but make it like Shirt of the ten minutes or something.

I'm really surprised they didn't do something for Harley Quinn

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

Why would they have? That's a Venture Bros. thing, not a Warner animation thing. Unless I'm missing something.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It's a Titmouse thing, they also did it for Lower Decks

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

I covet my "Let's All Smoking" shirt I got from their panel at dragoncon. It's also just a really nice shirt. I couldn't afford shirt of the month club at the time but I think I'd have to get a shirt if they made one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

Why would they have? That's a Venture Bros. thing, not a Warner animation thing. Unless I'm missing something.

Because they enjoy making money from nerds with disposable income?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I thought titmouse did HQ, but I might be confusing it with Lower Decks, apparently.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2023

I covet my "Let's All Smoking" shirt I got from their panel at dragoncon. It's also just a really nice shirt. I couldn't afford shirt of the month club at the time but I think I'd have to get a shirt if they made one.

They apparently give away cool shit at all their panels. I only saw them once, at New York Comic Con. That year, they were giving away animation production drawings that cleanly showed the key poses for the overseas animators to use. These were from almost literally every second of every episode, so what you'd get would vary wildly. I saw one person get handed a drawing of some random extra, another got the characters from very far away, another got an arm or something.

I somehow got this:

bbwUL0aAwWvURAHVPggEOt0vWAoYRyseJxEZhBYdSTjr46khiqT9p8XBLAId-piEl6phzXGSEXrDNrbDVLjBg296UjKAwzY_AWsEWhDHu28mmEg9sesocMvHpwxTtxUvamuyoSB8yJB_FdfYjxbSa6FN_nbt8xm50v84ORVXrtp1vKLtJs8vSXTnR3Dm_CLLF-3t9rYp9DN6AxCZ_9yzlzn2-e1D0WgrJR7MNZANJQMVc-k_nYToBCWL-vmquJGP8lETKWeGvTuyenpT4I7c6Hgp4YpMfVuntzA8ZnwtXgDXPuhgTxf75cCln9bh61LA5U2DRN87wM2tC1DSyM9KeFt62QUEV4st4UTu24FQnQF9lEnlwZveZzrZsg2YrUaK6TpPjf1KyplfjEPNAd0LfC6okYUedN0Ezg4r-HQQ6yWULZbFm5SlAErg5Zb8jefa2H7ZFvY1xbXeT3R3idc8R3uevDnuQvk07OUPT8HGxs0AUX8Y95ePS8dtWRSUTNEG59SJnNQHmfZapqL9ktADyyacC536QhZQ5XDEVi_fsil9Ny7GO5rmL9_kLxHk7ZsSzqiX_AIZNF_9D2yxRZ0ANUeYJECCm8XL03V1KHk2T6KMfFJ1p8j_2hlGOyGcVnh2U5RxFS0VdQZbFH18C1F6qJv8NWAyzSsQBv16Y3c9Ia3Slc-BMhnXvqF1W0LjSzc618BgThBDsqHkzmIxQHnKgT8Lr4erBVyo26JKRvzKM-3dOwvjbsF7BBp2viTWkwr5Jr4SNKs4cxqM41aEwGY8IU9S3Czt9VO_HjeuexE5kQEOcekzGNpkvftLlO76VtTOPbod8Hrm46zkea-S77DudPTadCctp2xhS-3n0SJHNna5o0GD2231eAJf0ziS0IGNZeQXoCOFS1ff0tIy-SsKFJkClBnoUoXp7QHrnNZt_h2GjJeNtKx2Lf47bfxpdSs3I9ByHgryH-3fWVBna1xA=w1094-h820-no?authuser=0

Ho. Lee. Shit. That's Brock squaring off to fight Rocco in It Happening One Night, season 6, episode 6. It would have been tough to find a better Brock if I was able to sift through the entire pile. I left the building in a daze.

So, uh. If Hammer and Publick are presenting a panel at a con you're at, go.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I’m going to have to rewatch the whole thing from the beginning, as is tradition when a new VB season releases

• Options
    It's amazing how consistent the quality of the show and it's overall tone has been over these last two decades. The earlier seasons do feel rougher, but it's all there from like day 1. It's impressive.

• Options
    GilgaronGilgaron Registered User regular
    I've been reading the book about the genesis of the show and it is crazy how many wild coincidences led to its fruition.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Gilgaron wrote: »
    I've been reading the book about the genesis of the show and it is crazy how many wild coincidences led to its fruition.

Well you gotta spill the beans after that!

• Options
    https://www.amazon.com/Go-Team-Venture-Making-Bros/dp/1506704875/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1DMG5LK5V0KM9&keywords=venture+bros+book&qid=1676941697&sprefix=venture+bros+book,aps,92&sr=8-1

(hmm... this book doesn't even seem to be on Abe Books, I didn't know it was rare... maybe they'll release an updated version with info on the last season and whatever the movie ends up being like)

I'll have to leaf through to pick a single example, but otherwise its like... chapters... I haven't even finished it yet solely because it is huge for the sake of the art prints and very inconvenient to read in a way that doesn't feel like you're damaging the binding.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Gilgaron wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.com/Go-Team-Venture-Making-Bros/dp/1506704875/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1DMG5LK5V0KM9&keywords=venture+bros+book&qid=1676941697&sprefix=venture+bros+book,aps,92&sr=8-1

(hmm... this book doesn't even seem to be on Abe Books, I didn't know it was rare... maybe they'll release an updated version with info on the last season and whatever the movie ends up being like)

I'll have to leaf through to pick a single example, but otherwise its like... chapters... I haven't even finished it yet solely because it is huge for the sake of the art prints and very inconvenient to read in a way that doesn't feel like you're damaging the binding.

Yeah I may see if theres a digital copy out there so the physical I have can stay nice

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

I've been a Venture Bros fan for 20 years, and have waited nearly 5 years since the last new episode.. then cancellation... and now I'm at Titmouse about to watch a screening of the finished movie finale and I'm sooo happy

Tweeter is Nico Colaleo, creator of Ollie & Scoops and Too Loud, and has worked at Titmouse, so this likely isn't bullshit.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Date! Give me a date! I must rewatch.

• Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    At the risk of sounding over dramatic, I want to see this so bad but have mixed feelings because it’s most likely the end. I’ve been a fan for half my life now and I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling like this show was made just for me. It’s so damn personal.

Unless it’s a ratings juggernaut and convinces the suits to make more. Eh?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    At the risk of sounding over dramatic, I want to see this so bad but have mixed feelings because it’s most likely the end. I’ve been a fan for half my life now and I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling like this show was made just for me. It’s so damn personal.

Unless it’s a ratings juggernaut and convinces the suits to make more. Eh?

I mean the intent is for it to end here. That’s what the movie is.

Which means as a finale there shouldn’t be more. And given how long it’s existed I’d much rather get to actually see it come to a conclusion then just eventually get canned with an unfinished story.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    And I'll need some massive box set

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    I've also loved the show but yeah, I'm ready for it to end, precisely because it's been around for so long. I'm ready to move on, you know?

I remember when it started. It had commericals, for airings on TV. Just regular TV. TV channels. Not streaming services, not webTV. Just... regular TV.

I'd like a solid finale, get the big questions answered, and give it a good send-off.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    It'll be sad to see it go give it's been such a consistent source of entertainment and joy in my life, and I feel like the creators probably could have kept on going for another decade still (so, like, 3 more seasons), but it's nice we'll be getting an ending.

Just such a delightful journey for a show that started off as a demented Johnny Quest parody with a dash of the Tick, and turned into a production with incredibly good writing, fantastic characters, an incredible cast and just more heart than anyone could have suspected from those humble beginnings.

What was everyone's first episode? Mine was "Tag Sale, You're It" from S1, back when I was barely old enough to drink. I instantly craved more and made to Kazaa or whatever to devour the rest of the season and just couldn't get enough of the show.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    It'll be sad to see it go give it's been such a consistent source of entertainment and joy in my life, and I feel like the creators probably could have kept on going for another decade still (so, like, 3 more seasons), but it's nice we'll be getting an ending.

Just such a delightful journey for a show that started off as a demented Johnny Quest parody with a dash of the Tick, and turned into a production with incredibly good writing, fantastic characters, an incredible cast and just more heart than anyone could have suspected from those humble beginnings.

What was everyone's first episode? Mine was "Tag Sale, You're It" from S1, back when I was barely old enough to drink. I instantly craved more and made to Kazaa or whatever to devour the rest of the season and just couldn't get enough of the show.

I saw the original pilot back in the day. Didn't even know it was a pilot, just some crazy johnny quest knock off.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    yeah I'm at a point between 20 and 40 where I don't remember if episodes of Venture Bros, 12oz mouse, squidbillies, and ATHF were real or imagined.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Oddly enough the other half and I have started rewatching the series. So much early installment weirdness.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    yeah I'm at a point between 20 and 40 where I don't remember if episodes of Venture Bros, 12oz mouse, squidbillies, and ATHF were real or imagined.

Venture Bros is a show I can rationalize pretty solidly in my head but then there's stuff like Drinky Crow, the Oblongs, and Xavier: Renegade Angel that genuinely feels like this to me

Xavier Renegade Angel is pretty solidly underrated tho, even if I think it really needs a CRT television and a 3 am state of mind

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

It's coming 20th June. $134.99 for the physical DVDs, I think $89 as a download.
    Claims to have all the bonus materials in it as well, but I think it might be light a few T-shirts at least.

venture-bros-complete-series-dvd-set.jpg?auto=webp&width=1200&height=1591&crop=0.754:1,smart

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    only dvd? aw, I was hoping for blu ray for some of the early seasons that are missing them.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if it wasn't on both. Hopefully the movie is released independently of the set too, as I already have it in a mix of DVD and Blu Ray and I'm not quite sure I would want to rebuy the whole thing. Maybe some fun merch, though.

• Options
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

It's coming 20th June. $134.99 for the physical DVDs, I think $89 as a download.
    Claims to have all the bonus materials in it as well, but I think it might be light a few T-shirts at least.

venture-bros-complete-series-dvd-set.jpg?auto=webp&width=1200&height=1591&crop=0.754:1,smart

Hmm Happy late birthday to me

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I don't buy physical merch very often but I'd spend $135 to fully own the Venture Bros collection, yeah

• Options
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I don't buy physical merch very often but I'd spend $135 to fully own the Venture Bros collection, yeah

Including The commentary and the insane live action movie thing they did in the s1 set is enough to justify it for me

• Options
    If this was on blu-ray that'd be different, but I already own all 7 seasons on dvd.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Even though its been 5 years since the last season finale, it *still* feels sad and weird that Venture Brothers is actually over now, and this movie is going to be it. This is the kind of show where the years between seasons just vanish as soon as you watch the first new episode and it's like you never stopped and it somehow just got better with every season.

• Options
    I'mma buy it, store it on my nas, and then put the box set on a shelf.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    There's always the chance for one-offs or fan works in the future as long as the rights don't get buried under a media rights dragon.

Incenjucar on