Options

Chicken and asparagus [chat]

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And God dammit I missed the debate.

Quid on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    For those wondering, page 2 of the new deux ex thread before PC Vs Console rears its stupid head.

I hate pc versus console bullshit so fucking much

sounds like something a console scrub would say 8-)

I'll scrub your console

wait

STRANGER DANGER

I NEED AN ADULT

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Arv did you see my recommendation earlier?

Yeah, did you see my note to go read their M-A page?

I did not. What's their MA page?

That guy's involved in another project now. Clair Cassis. I haven't heard it yet.

For a few of their demos, they just stole and retitled songs from a Russian folk-metal group.

Not a great pedigree.

It's actually a pretty funny story. Black Metal kinda went crazy in the metal scene for a few years there. Metal in general, really. Stuff from the Southern Lord label, Robotic Empire, Relapse, etc. These bands were putting out demos in quantities of 20, and those demos would sell out and then go on eBay for $100 bucks and the like.

So the VC guy (I think the girl is just a gimmick and not really in the band) created this website and put up these fake demos that are "sold out". He did an interview for a fanzine or something and talked about this weird effect he got from his guitar by playing the music through this huge water filled aquarium. The guy generated lots of hype in a very short time.

So then he puts up "samples" of his next two releases, and one is a song by this really wonderful girl who goes under the name Korouva.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stt_cOGI724

And then releases another "sample" that is very very dreampoppy. Eventually people found out that they stole this music, but really, I think he was just fucking with people by making up fake releases and sending people on wild goose chases. These non existent albums would turn up on eBay and sell for hundreds of dollars. Bootlegs. No telling what was actually on the cassette.

Anyway, the "official" website is plastered with advertisements, no doubt feeding the guys pockets.

Doesn't hurt that the music itself is genuinely good.

Sheep on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »

You missed a mix of crazy and broken record.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    For those wondering, page 2 of the new deux ex thread before PC Vs Console rears its stupid head.

sounds like something a console scrub would say 8-)

I'll scrub your console

wait

STRANGER DANGER

I NEED AN ADULT

I am an adult!

Carry on, Jacob.

Pony on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

I think it's replaying in full in like, an hour and a half.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am smoking pot and I think I want waffles but I'm worried about running into a parent while smelling of pot.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Why can't we love both?

yeah I am a fan of both

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why can't we love both?
    Personally, I find it easier to hate both.

They are both terrible for entirely different reasons.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am smoking pot and I think I want waffles but I'm worried about running into a parent while smelling of pot.

fuck you now I want waffles and my car won't start

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Variable wrote: »

I do too, its retarded. Primarily used to slag consoles "They had to dumb this down for you guys because the master pc systems don't have problems at all, now excuse me I have to downgrade my drivers from their latest version because I'm getting blue screens of death, hopefully there will be a patch specifically that addresses this, suck it consoles!'

you're doing it too!

Yeah but unlike PC players I can point to specific things wrong with pcs...

Also Jacob I don't think this guy understood what you were saying.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=19545276&postcount=57

Or perhaps he doesn't understand you're a mod...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i'm pretty sure it translated "Jedi" to "Good Elephant"

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am never going to be much of a PC gamer. I got a new computer like three or four years ago and it needs upgrading to play anything new now. That's like $800 just to play video games. Not worth it.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    If they aren't on in an hour and a half I am beating Sloth senseless with Mazzy.

Quid on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kilroy wrote: »

Is that a new record? I feel like it is

Nah I'm sure a new game thread has done it on the first page I'm sure. Just depends on the game. I swear I remember reading a post once in the KOTOR MMO thread that claimed the game which is not slated to come out on consoles (to the best of my knowledge) had been consolized.

You misread my meaning. I mean that it is a record to make it past page one without console vs pc bullshit

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Why can't we love both?
    Personally, I find it easier to hate both.

They are both terrible for entirely different reasons.

that's because you liking jerking it whilst hating things

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If they aren't on in an hour and a half I am beating Sloth senseless with Mazzy.

can...can i watch

• Options
    edited June 2011

Chew gum. Gum is the anti pot smell

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i am considering buying a desktop

i can use it to play TOR

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

I do too, its retarded. Primarily used to slag consoles "They had to dumb this down for you guys because the master pc systems don't have problems at all, now excuse me I have to downgrade my drivers from their latest version because I'm getting blue screens of death, hopefully there will be a patch specifically that addresses this, suck it consoles!'

you're doing it too!

Yeah but unlike PC players I can point to specific things wrong with pcs...

oh okay, you're right and they're wrong so it's okay when you bring it up

:D

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Is that a new record? I feel like it is

Nah I'm sure a new game thread has done it on the first page I'm sure. Just depends on the game. I swear I remember reading a post once in the KOTOR MMO thread that claimed the game which is not slated to come out on consoles (to the best of my knowledge) had been consolized.

You misread my meaning. I mean that it is a record to make it past page one without console vs pc bullshit

I've actually been surprised, but reading the fall out nv thread it doesn't really come up, must be because that stuff came up already like 5 threads ago.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am never going to be much of a PC gamer. I got a new computer like three or four years ago and it needs upgrading to play anything new now. That's like $800 just to play video games. Not worth it.

that's only if you upgrade it all at once and never attempt to sell the old parts

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Wait, what?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    I feel like console gaming has kind of left me behind. The past four years, I haven't really paid much attention to gaming. My internal standard for judging good graphics is stuck in the PS2 era.

I have a PS3 now. I should try to find games I like.

Man, the past few years have been a renaissance for gaming. Like, I think since about 2007 or so games have really made huge leaps and bounds in terms of overall quality and competence and the level of storytelling involved.

If you've got a PS3, any of the following are worthwhile pickups:

Uncharted 1 & 2
    Infamous
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Alpha Protocol
    Assassin's Creed 1, 2, and Brotherhood (1 is only ok, but 2+ are some of the best games of recent years)
    The Orange Box
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Fallout 3 and New Vegas
    Borderlands
    GTAIV
    Red Dead Redemption
    LA Noire (yes preacher :P )
    Mass Effect 2
    Dragon Age 1, Awakenings, and 2
    Saints Row 2
    Dead Space 1 and 2
    Prince of Persia
    Splinter Cell Conviction

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

oh okay, you're right and they're wrong so it's okay when you bring it up

:D

Well its like when dealing with racists, republicans, or people who like TNA wrestling. They clearly support such a backwards point of view merely restating their opinion exposes its own flaws.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i am so waiting with bated breath for sr3

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    LA Noire is a fucking sham of a game, jacob's pimping of it is a crime against everyone. As more people have completed it I've been vindicated. VINDICATED JACOB!

Its just you and Daxon LA who like it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011

No, smokie.

Quid on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I couldn't find brie cheese today :( I want some brieeeeeee

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

It should actually be re-airing now also, but it's like, an hour and a half in.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Time for a beating. Just as soon as I stop eating everything in the house.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

No, smokie.

Says you, Hawaii guy

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I enjoy building pcs. Its one of the few things I can make with my hands that doesn't cause me to lose fingers.

PC gaming has its bonuses. And a lot of games work better on it as a system. Console gaming has its bonuses and a lot of games work better on it as a system. That and pcs are more than just gaming platforms and tend to last about 4 to 5 years with how I build them. My last one lasted almost 8 with occasional swap outs.

I really have no problem with either system. All depends on what you want to do with your gaming time.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :?

my sheets are getting a bit threadbare

sigh

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also I remade the trailer thread to make it more inline with my original vision.

I do have to laugh the big "REMAKES SUCK!" is over a remake of an airport fiction mary sue novel.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    LA Noire is a fucking sham of a game, jacob's pimping of it is a crime against everyone. As more people have completed it I've been vindicated. VINDICATED JACOB!

Its just you and Daxon LA who like it.

I'm at the very beginning of the Vice desk still and just haven't really had the drive to play it since. I should probably finish it soon, but gamefly sent me 3d dot heroes and I got InFamous for free, so I've been pretty occupied with what little time I've had to play console games over the last few weeks.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    First time I ever smoked ganja, my mom walked in on me

we tried to play it cool but c'mon, that's never gonna happen. so she asks, "Are you high?"

I paused for a sec and responded, "....Yup."

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    I like consoles and PCs both and I spent basically all of 1992-2003 playing exclusively on a computer. I missed out on the PS1, the PS2, the Dreamcast, the N64, and most of the Gamecube - but I've never known console players to nurse a creepy grudge against computer gamers nearly like the other way around.

Every time there's a problem with a PC game it's because it was omgwtfdumbed down for console kiddies. When a game built by people with PC sensibilities, like Alpha Protocol, comes out on console, people might have their issues with it but you never hear anyone bitch that they made it unnecessarily obtuse for PC gamers.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My iniquities have gotten me banned from the Deus Ex thread.

Crime does not pay.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    These people are retarded.

Quid on
This discussion has been closed.