Options

CM PUNK IS THE GREATEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD (AND IS BACK)

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    He's already been guaranteed a feud with Cena before he leaves, so unless Truth wins the belt tomorrow, I expect Punk to win.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They can still have Punk feud with Cena next month after a loss, this is WWE we're talking about here. Everything's made up and the points don't matter.

Goose! on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really, really, really want crazy truth: WWE champion

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    They can still have Punk feud with Cena next month after a loss, this is WWE we're talking about here. Everything's made up and the points don't matter.

well didn't punk say something before his match with cena earlier about the match with cena being the start of something bigger or some jazz?

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I really, really, really want crazy truth: WWE champion

All of us do.

The only thing that would be better than him winning it now is this Crazy Truth thing lasting forever, and at WM during the main event, Cena and Rock beat the crap out of each other, then Truth comes out in a shirt that says "No Jimmys (Big or Little) Allowed" and pins Cena or Rock and wins the WWE title to close Wrestlemania

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2011
    I think there's an outside shot Christian wins. It's not very likely, but after Sheamus got punted and Mark Henry got destroyed, there aren't really any other people for Orton to feud with. So even if Christian does lose, he'll still likely get a shot at the next PPV

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    See I had Christian winning by DQ when Sheamus came out, setting up a triple threat match

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    crwth wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

well didn't punk say something before his match with cena earlier about the match with cena being the start of something bigger or some jazz?

Oh that's right, they had a match that Punk pinned Cena in, so its already set up, they can have Punk lose no problem.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nah, I can see Punk winning over Mysterio, especially if Cena and Orton both win.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    punk?

winning on a ppv?

heh good one

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Punk hasn't won at PPV in 14 months, but that could mean anything.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It could happen!

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It could happen!

and JTG will have a major push

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Who?

Also, I'm fully convinced that if WWE booked like ROH Orton would have to hand over the title to Christian and Cena would lose to Truth due to his injuries.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hjor's just imagining things. And people.

Next thing you know, he'll be saying that the classic singles match for the World title between HHH and HBK was actually a triple threat match with an unknown white male not only entering the match, but winning the belt.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the backlash triple threat was way better

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Silly goose, that was a rematch of the singles match.

Why do you people keep thinking there was a 3rd man in the match? That's silly. You're silly.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well then who did Orton win his first World Title from?

MxOxRxRxIxS on
    Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    chris benoit

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I was going off of Tom leaving out Benoit's name in the triple threat.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It was handed to him from Vince McMahon.

Goose! on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Truth not winning works better for the angle. He can still claim conspiracy and be crazy.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's still weird how Truth turns heel and suddenly becomes the best part of the WWE. They really need a shirt that says "Don't boo me, you should be booing yourselves." Also, "You're gonna get got!" Or "I hate hospital food." And endless "Jimmy" T-shirts. I'd like Truth to become the new Chuck Norris of the internet.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Averno looks pretty good without his mask I must say, that should help him out in WWE.

And quite frankly the sooner he gets to WWE and feuds with Cara the better because IMO Cara is really starting to lose all that momentum he had during his debut. I want him to suceed in WWE, not just for his sake but for HHH's position as head of talent.

Edit: Speaking of HHH/Cara he's a few articles on them from various sources:
    Sin Cara has noted to friends how much help Triple H has been with him and has talked about the frustration he’s feeling with having to learn a new style of wrestling, all while the spotlight is on him. Cara is said to be fully aware of his situation of being in the right place at the right time and Triple H’s first guy brought in as an international star.
    - As we reported back when Sin Cara made his WWE debut, the transition from wrestling in Mexico to the WWE style of wrestling has not been an easy one for the former Lucha Libre star.
    Many considered Cara’s start in WWE to be very rocky, with the company having to put protective measure into place in order to help camouflage the in-ring issues Cara was having. First, as we reported, Cara was moved to Smackdown, which is a taped show, so botched spots in matches can be re-taped or edited.

The Wrestling Observer is now reporting that another step WWE took to help Sin Cara transition was to sign Mexican Lucha Libre star Averno, with whom Cara has had many matches in the past. WWE feels Cara will work well with Averno, and vice versa, which should ultimately help get Sin Cara over.

It should be noted that many in the back feel Sin Cara has been cut more slack than most would get because he’s Triple H’s “pet project,” and although Cara is frustrated with having to learn a new style of wrestling, he is grateful for the spot he has in WWE, and for being “protected” at this point.

I don't care if some other guys think he's getting special treatment, WWE needs a successor to Mysterio.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's really amazing what one little heel turn can do for a guy.Nobody really gave a shit about R-Truth before it happened

Green Lantern on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cara needs a manager or at least a translator. I'm not sure how long the mute mystical superhero gimmick is going to work, especially since hardly any commentators they have are able to build storylines as the match is going on anymore. Like, half of each match is devoted to something else, with an occasional "oh my god did you see that! he almost got him right there!" aside.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Right now Cara is just a random spot machine but with Averno coming in that will give him a good angle to build upon. Also he needs a stable finishing move.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    How about WWE hires commentators capable of calling a match?
    Whatamaneuver!

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So Trevor Murdoch is heading back to WWE.

Hope he makes it big this time.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That's something, I guess

You can only go up from when you were last on TV as a jobber in TNA

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just make Cara heel and have Ricardo Rodriguez be his manager

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just make Cara heel and have Ricardo Rodriguez be his manager

pffthahahahahahahahaha

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    or have him botch every match and never cut a promo

whatever

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SkittlebrauSkittlebrau Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    After seeing the "uh-gravy uh-bowl match" segment on Botchamania, someone posted a link in the comments to this YouTube channel, which has more direct satellite feed WWE stuff.

They sure hate Tony Chimel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXPULi8PALI&feature=player_profilepage
    And as an added bonus, there's some Invasion-era DDP in there! Hitting Sara Undertaker with a Diamond Cutter!

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    god

stop reminding me of that awful angle

ddp deserved so much better

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited June 2011
    all that droz footage makes me uncomfortable

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    the last wcw ppv I bought was the one where sid jacked up his leg

yeah, that left an impression

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sounds like Chimel says "Lady's a gentleman"

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cara needs a manager or at least a translator. I'm not sure how long the mute mystical superhero gimmick is going to work, especially since hardly any commentators they have are able to build storylines as the match is going on anymore. Like, half of each match is devoted to something else, with an occasional "oh my god did you see that! he almost got him right there!" aside.

He could go down the route of Kane. Can't speak leads to, voice box, leads to talks fine but still masked, leads to no mask but burned, leads to no burns but gets a girl pregnant, leads to no baby but hates May 19th, leads to May 19th is okay but I'm normal now, leads to I'm the devils favorite demon, leads to I cry over the Big Show getting hurt.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

He could go down the route of Kane. Can't speak leads to, voice box, leads to talks fine but still masked, leads to no mask but burned, leads to no burns but gets a girl pregnant, leads to no baby but hates May 19th, leads to May 19th is okay but I'm normal now, leads to I'm the devils favorite demon, leads to I cry over the Big Show getting hurt.

Sometimes a master plan to take revenge on your brother is complicated

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg