As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CM PUNK IS THE GREATEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD (AND IS BACK)

• Options
    MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't watch NCIS, but thanks to RAW I know how they all end.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
    Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    WWWYKI, B

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It will probably start half an hour earlier

So it'd completely fuck up USA's Monday schedule

Not really? If it would fuck things up USA wouldn't agree to it, USA obviously sees the value in doing it.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In fact, if they did it in the format of the show that Gorilla and Heenan used to do in a studio every week, that would be awesome.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sean "X-Pac" Waltman is about to be giving a select number of wrestling fans a rare opportunity! If you are a fan who likes to have "everything" wrestling, you won't want to miss out on your own personalized X-Pac video autograph. It's this simple: Email what you want Sean to say and he'll say it...ON VIDEO! Ask Sean a couple of questions and he'll answer them directly to you. It's a perfect gift for any occasion. Have Sean wish someone a birthday. An anniversary. Graduation. Or simply have X-Pac answer questions you've been wanting to know. Then, take the video and show it off to all your friend and family members via Facebook, DVD, your website. It's yours to do what you want with it!

NOTE: SEAN WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTING 100 FANS FOR THE FIRST SESSION! IT'S FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE - SO DON'T WAIT. SIGN UP TODAY!

FIRST SESSION: FRIDAY (JUNE 24th) - JUNE 26th
    LAST DAY FOR SIGN-UPS: WEDNESDAY (JUNE 22nd)

What will you get in this package?

- A personalized 8×10 signed (and authenticated) by X-Pac (will be mailed to you)
    - A personalized video from X-Pac directly to you! (video will be made available for download)
    - A chance to have X-Pac say what you want to say and answer a couple of questions!

But how much will it cost? ONLY $39!

TO SIGN UP: EMAIL SEAN@REALXPAC.COM WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “VIDEO AUTOGRAPH”.
    NOTE: Be sure to include your name, phone number (optional), and what you want Sean to say or answer in the video.

ONLY THE FIRST 100 FANS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THE FIRST SESSION!

Visit RealXPac.com for more information.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    The last time someone shot a video with Waltman, it caused nightmares for thousands.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    For some reason I thought it'd be a good idea to watch TNA right now.

For some reason, Gunner just pinned Anderson, who is the TNA champion now.

For some reason, this is the second week in a row that Gunner has pinned Anderson.

Just...............

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also this is a good thing.
    Former ROH Tag Team Champions Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli were seen at this week's RAW in New York and SmackDown in Providence, Rhode Island. Before each show, they worked out with WWE officials in the ring.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No

This is the second week in a row that Gunner has pinned a World Champ

Last week, he pinned then-World Champ Sting

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Then TNA did a terrible job of explaining that.

And now Jarret and Angle are fighting in a parking lot with everyone cheering them on. I don't even know how they got to this point, I thought this shit was over......

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nirya wrote: »
    Former ROH Tag Team Champions Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli were seen at this week's RAW in New York and SmackDown in Providence, Rhode Island. Before each show, they worked out with WWE officials in the ring.

a tag team being signed to WWE is not, in fact, a good thing

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And now Jarret and Angle are fighting in a parking lot with everyone cheering them on. I don't even know how they got to this point, I thought this shit was over......

No see this one is the real last time. This week it is different from all those other last matches they have had.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

To be fair they are both fantastic in their own right too, especially Claudio

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also Canada has had a raw pre-show for a while but it is just a recap of what happened last week.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    R-Truth counts down his least favorite "Jimmys"

http://vids.wwe.com/12275/wwecom-countdown-r-truths-least

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    kdrudy wrote: »

To be fair they are both fantastic in their own right too, especially Claudio

Yeah, that's why I'm more excited, because Hero and Claudio are amazing singles wrestlers as well, to the point where I think they could be the next Edge and Christian in terms of both tag partners making it as singles competitors. (Claudio would be Edge in this situation because he is the bigger and more marketable of the two)

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just watched Summerslam 1999. Christian looked alot bigger then.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
    Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sort of a Ryder update, or rather a continuance (basically what I said when I first heard of him and want Cornette or Heyman I think said was right).:
    People within WWE were upset that Ryder wasn't used with the feeling that he's got himself over with fans using social media and without a normal WWE push, and he wasn't even put on RAW because the company knew he would get a bigger reaction than some of the stars they push on TV.

Vince wants to be the one who pushes the talent.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also, Bischoff hates the internet (which seems foolhardy).

Goose! on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    R-Truth counts down his least favorite "Jimmys"

http://vids.wwe.com/12275/wwecom-countdown-r-truths-least

Number 3 came out of nowhere.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If Claudio does get signed to WWE at least it's coming at the end of the BDK angle.

Also he'll have to stop making episodes of Claudio's Cafe unless he wants to get Ryder'd.

At least he'll be able to show Orton what a real European uppercut looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvbRrDBwek

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited June 2011
    claudio castagnoli is pretty much my second favorite current indy wrestler right now, behind kenny omega

Whippy on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    To all the Jimmys
    pPSWV.png

Monsty on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    Sort of a Ryder update, or rather a continuance (basically what I said when I first heard of him and want Cornette or Heyman I think said was right).:
    People within WWE were upset that Ryder wasn't used with the feeling that he's got himself over with fans using social media and without a normal WWE push, and he wasn't even put on RAW because the company knew he would get a bigger reaction than some of the stars they push on TV.

Vince wants to be the one who pushes the talent.

wahhhhhhhhhh

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heaven forbid a wrestler [entertainer] earn their own fan support.

kingworks on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Vince is probably embarassed that one of his "enhancement talents" took the social media thing to another level before one of his stars. Ryder started using Twitter and YouTube to build himself quicker than anyone else.

Also, that R-Truth list is hilarious. I loved number 5 was some guy that works for WWE Shop and no. 3 was completely from left field.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Doctor AwesomusDoctor Awesomus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Somebody needs to sit Vince down and tell him that the WWE succeeded in spite of him, not because of him.

Doctor Awesomus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Somebody needs to sit Vince down and tell him that the WWE succeeded in spite of him, not because of him.

That's not true at all, even if you wish it was. Yes he's a micromanager and a megalomaniac, but Vince is the reason WWE is where it is today, no question.

Goose! on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Goose! wrote: »

That's not true at all, even if you wish it was. Yes he's a micromanager and a megalomaniac, but Vince is the reason WWE is where it is today, no question.

a-yup

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's the future of the business he's stifling, IMHO - not the past and (only to a certain extent) the present.

kingworks on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    I'd agree with that. He's got a tight grip on his business. Can't blame him for that. However, rich powerful people tend to be very resistant to change. He knows that the way he's done things has worked for him so far. Any change means a threat to what he knows and how he does things. And that could mean taking away power from him. And I'm pretty sure that we are all well aware that Vinnie would not handle losing power very well at all.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So TNA just future endeavored Desmond Wolfe.

Please, please go to WWE and feud with Daniel Bryan if you're healthy.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    wasn't he going to sign with wwe but didn't pass some sort of health...thing

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So TNA just future endeavored Desmond Wolfe.

Please, please go to WWE and feud with Daniel Bryan.

Wolfe failed a physical with the WWE, which is why they didn't sign him in the first place

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    He failed a physical, and apparently contracted Hepatitis C around last August, which was why he didn't compete for so long. If he still has it, that might be why he was released.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/9/1679008/has-desmond-wolfe-failed-a-tna

2. Wolfe only signed with TNA after he failed a WWE physical, which was widely believed at the time to be due to all the past brain trauma that he had suffered working for ROH and Pro Wrestling NOAH. Someone failing a WWE physical and being refused employment is practically unheard of, which suggests that he must have had some really serious neurological issues for WWE not to want to touch him with a bargepole

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If it's that serious, it is a very strong possibility that his career may be done. Which completely sucks, and now I feel extremely bad for the guy.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I don't. He, and Daniel Bryan, willingly engaged in a spot where they charged head first into each other like a pair of bucking rams. That's not entertaining or wrestling, it's just fucking crazy. I still maintain it's the craziest fucking thing I've ever heard two people doing for fun.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I doubt colliding head-first with Danielson's squishy vegan head is what did the brain damage...

...now the spot where Danielson grabbed both his wrists and pulled him face first into the ring post over and over...

...or the time he got a concussion from his head bouncing off the guard rail like a superball.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg