As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vancouver PAX Forumer Events: 2011 Edition

12345679»

• Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    The thread is dead more because no one comes to the forums much, as opposed to no one paying attention to this thread in particular.

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Yeah I think many of us just started using facebook or text messaging to communicate. Anyways I am definitely in for some night market action. And I am most certainly in for some DOUBLE night market action.

And I ABSOLUTELY cannot say no to anything happening on Vulcan way.

So yeah, I'm in.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    CapeguyCapeguy New WestminsterRegistered User regular
    Hello!

I am new here, i am going to PAX for the first time this year it's nice to see there are a good number of people from the GVRD around. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

• Options
    LairdLaird Registered User regular
    Not sure if this qualifies as an event? If not apologies; however, there is a new start up in the Vancouver area called the exp restaurant/bar in Vancouver. The local pax community seems to love crowd fund sourcing, thought I would post this here. http://www.indiegogo.com/expbar

In short it is a local video game centric restaurant to just chill in with your peers. The reason I posted it here is, if this place is successful it could lead to future events here in Vancouver for pax forum goers to attend.

• Options
    bohemianbohemian Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Capeguy wrote: »
    Hello!

I am new here, i am going to PAX for the first time this year it's nice to see there are a good number of people from the GVRD around. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Same here! My buddies and I are heading down for the first time and we're pretty stoked! Hope to meet you guys beforehand though!

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    mayhaps it's time for @b0wser to revive the Canadian Super Trip!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    mayhaps it's time for @b0wser to revive the Canadian Super Trip!

I think the supertrip sort of turned into the West Coast Train trip (Vancouver to Seattle edition)

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    PythosPythos Registered User regular
    So I am not actually in Vancouver, actually down in Seattle, but did y'all know that Tenacious D is doing a convert at PNE with The Protomen as openers? It's next weekend on a Sunday, which is dumb, should be Saturday. I have never been to PNE but hopefully it will be sufficient location for containing The D and Protomen in one night.

If anyone is already planning to or is now intrigue, let me know. The fiance and I are going and will probably stay at a nearby hotel Sunday night.

PinnyPal Lanyard

azNQyjX.png

XBLA: Pythos07
  • Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Pythos wrote: »
    So I am not actually in Vancouver, actually down in Seattle, but did y'all know that Tenacious D is doing a convert at PNE with The Protomen as openers? It's next weekend on a Sunday, which is dumb, should be Saturday. I have never been to PNE but hopefully it will be sufficient location for containing The D and Protomen in one night.

If anyone is already planning to or is now intrigue, let me know. The fiance and I are going and will probably stay at a nearby hotel Sunday night.

Heck yeah! @Capeguy and I are going to that. It's gonna be sweeeet. I'm mainly going for The Protomen.

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    Aylaviere wrote: »

Heck yeah! @Capeguy and I are going to that. It's gonna be sweeeet. I'm mainly going for The Protomen.

Same here. The D is just bonus. @TOGSolid and I are coming down from AK. Will get there on Sat. I've never been to Vancouver, was wondering if anyone could recommend a good watering hole near by PNE?

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • Options
    bohemianbohemian Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Saldek wrote: »
    Aylaviere wrote: »

Same here. The D is just bonus. @TOGSolid and I are coming down from AK. Will get there on Sat. I've never been to Vancouver, was wondering if anyone could recommend a good watering hole near by PNE?

The Press Box is right across the street from the PNE. Not a big fan of The Protomen or Tenacious D, but definitely willing to meet up for a couple of beers. =)

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    So Press Box Saturday night?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    PythosPythos Registered User regular
    Press Box Saturday night sounds like a plan. We are staying with some friends that live over by the University, but we can head over there Saturday night.

What about Sunday night at the concert? Should some pre-gaming be had prior to the start? How are beer/food prices at this place, $8 a beer or more?

PinnyPal Lanyard

azNQyjX.png

XBLA: Pythos07
  • Options
    Sunday is wide open for pre-concert shenanigans. I originally was just gonna sit around and play vidja all day but if someone has a better idea I'm down.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Chang of plans. Jenny Spaghetti's got a b-day party at 6 for husband that @Saldek and I are going to first. When that gets done I'm down for drinks!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Okay so from what I understand, interested PAXers will be meeting at PressBox at sometime on Saturday evening? What time and who's going to be there? (This is why we need an up-to-date OP. :S)

And there is interest in doing something gaming-related on Sunday afternoon? I believe a good amount of Vancouver PAXers were planning on going to that concert (unfortunately for myself, I doubt I can afford it) and will most likely be doing something beforehand. If I find out that something is, indeed, going on, I will be sure to post about it. Or, if someone here makes a plan, I can communicate it to absentee forum members.

• Options
    Oh, and a a huge HELLO and WELCOME to the new PAXgoers!! I look forward to meeting you.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.