As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pictograms of game titles? That sounds lame

12346»

Posts

  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    edit the second: Scratch that, a quick imdb revealed the answer.

    :shock: You haven't watched Dr. Strangelove? For shame!

    emnmnme on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    com069.jpg?t=1309283127
    hopent.jpg?t=1309299511
    ConAir.jpg?t=1242021795
    guineapigs038.jpg?t=1242038658

    What game am I?

    emnmnme on
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    com069.jpg?t=1309283127
    hopent.jpg?t=1309299511
    ConAir.jpg?t=1242021795
    guineapigs038.jpg?t=1242038658

    What game am I?

    For some reason, the only answer that's springing to mind is
    Command & Conquer
    but the fourth clue makes me doubt that it's right.

    BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    For some reason, the only answer that's springing to mind is
    Command & Conquer
    but the fourth clue makes me doubt that it's right.
    It's Command & ConDeadCat

    emnmnme on
  • AkimboEGAkimboEG Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    edit the second: Scratch that, a quick imdb revealed the answer.

    :shock: You haven't watched Dr. Strangelove? For shame!

    Several times, actually. Didn't remember the guy's name, though.

    Still waiting for mine to be solved.

    AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine to be solved.

    F.E.A.R.

    emnmnme on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    ffffuuuurenewboardgames.th.jpg
    loniandersonandburtreyn.th.jpg
    bertmug.th.gif
    celebrityimageburtreyno.th.jpg
    berternie.th.jpg
    bertandernie1.th.gif

    CLUE:
    I am uncreative and all my clues rely on the same gimmick
    Angry Berts.

    Er, I mean, Birds. :D
    You are correct, sir.

    Now solve the other one!

    Apothe0sis on
  • JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0JrL6tqXWImEBL1ETgMUFe1Dn_66B5aU_HJRfJZhJQYjRx9njvg&t=1
    Meg_Griffin.png
    image.axd?picture=2009%2F2%2Fom-nom-nom-nom.jpg
    1561435951_b478ff38ea.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQX8ak9w3P4QFsBOQkV_UwGgSrF2Uvm8Eo7m6kwhIAfLmXqDl5o&t=1
    .5 X 3023936495_7944df9a7e.jpg
    6a00d8341c562c53ef015431f3bbe4970c-800wi
    Yuna_menu.jpg
    rye.jpg
    pizza+dough.jpg
    Khoo.jpg
    Amano_Zuu.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz2yw6IOmrRbw7tEI_4qeEQJI_m3LQdp-wOEryhj9l5BC58AvI&t=1
    FFXIII-Versus_PS3_BOX-tempboxart_160w.jpg - final-fantasy-13-xiii-logo.jpg
    the
    ron_weasley_costume.jpg
    arm_2_md.gif
    1561435951_b478ff38ea.jpg
    This was a bitch to make. What game am I?

    Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Jurg wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0JrL6tqXWImEBL1ETgMUFe1Dn_66B5aU_HJRfJZhJQYjRx9njvg&t=1
    Meg_Griffin.png
    image.axd?picture=2009%2F2%2Fom-nom-nom-nom.jpg
    1561435951_b478ff38ea.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQX8ak9w3P4QFsBOQkV_UwGgSrF2Uvm8Eo7m6kwhIAfLmXqDl5o&t=1
    .5 X 3023936495_7944df9a7e.jpg
    6a00d8341c562c53ef015431f3bbe4970c-800wi
    Yuna_menu.jpg
    rye.jpg
    pizza+dough.jpg
    Khoo.jpg
    Amano_Zuu.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz2yw6IOmrRbw7tEI_4qeEQJI_m3LQdp-wOEryhj9l5BC58AvI&t=1
    FFXIII-Versus_PS3_BOX-tempboxart_160w.jpg - final-fantasy-13-xiii-logo.jpg
    the
    ron_weasley_costume.jpg
    arm_2_md.gif
    1561435951_b478ff38ea.jpg
    This was a bitch to make. What game am I?
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army

    Fuck yeah.

    Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Haha, thanks. I knew it was kind of easy but I would have cried if nobody got that.

    Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    1225906043098.th.jpg
    00000357372006111417141.th.jpg
    00000357372006111417141.th.jpg
    00000357372006111417141.th.jpg
    00000357372006111417141.th.jpg

    What game am I?

    Hints in ascending order of easiness.
    1. The first and last words are sound-alikes. i.e. like "Mao Rio Cat" for Mario Kart
    2. The specific pictures used to illustrate the meme are not important, the dog version could be substituted for Agent Smith.
    chomskyt.th.jpg
    3 words.
    ____ _ ____

    Apothe0sis on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's threads like this that make me sad work blocks nearly every image hosting site.

    As such I just see three blank squares with a red x in them, so unless the answer to EVERY question is "X3" then I'll have to check this out when I get home.

    Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What game am I?

    Hints in ascending order of easiness.
    Does Four Stan = 'First'?

    emnmnme on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    lion.jpg?t=1309568895
    s-CATHY-COMIC-STRIP-large.jpg?t=1282215911
    malesymbol3.png?t=1242014131
    Chun-Li_XvSF.png?t=1309318646
    MINUS
    lee.jpg?t=1241901747

    What game am I?

    emnmnme on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    homeless.jpg?t=1242078000
    four.jpg?t=1242271941
    Speedy-Gonzalez-laboratorio.jpg?t=1242018579

    What game am I?

    emnmnme on
  • StasisStasis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    lion.jpg?t=1309568895
    s-CATHY-COMIC-STRIP-large.jpg?t=1282215911
    malesymbol3.png?t=1242014131
    Chun-Li_XvSF.png?t=1309318646
    MINUS
    lee.jpg?t=1241901747

    What game am I?
    Maniac Mansion

    I don't have a new one to add to the thread, but I had to jump on this one because nobody else got it yet and it's one of the few I was actually able to figure out. :P

    Stasis on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What game am I?

    Hints in ascending order of easiness.
    Does Four Stan = 'First'?

    Nope.

    Another related hint:
    The clues involving Stan are for two words.

    The answer, just in case it is way too out there to get, the solution is under here. Seriously, don't click it if you don't wat to know.
    Seriously, don't ruin the fun! Use the other clues!
    Laughed 4 Dad

    Apothe0sis on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    homeless.jpg?t=1242078000
    four.jpg?t=1242271941
    Speedy-Gonzalez-laboratorio.jpg?t=1242018579

    What game am I?
    Need For Speed.

    Apothe0sis on
  • AkimboEGAkimboEG Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine to be solved.

    F.E.A.R.
    No, actually, not at all.

    AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Here's one for you:
    female_tauren_shaman.jpg
    ...Fury of the Furries?

    Apothe0sis on
  • AkimboEGAkimboEG Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Bird is the word
    That's kind of a clue, I guess.

    AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine to be solved.

    F.E.A.R.
    No, actually, not at all.

    A furry shooting lightning out of her hands would scare me! :P

    emnmnme on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    What game am I?

    Hints in ascending order of easiness.
    Does Four Stan = 'First'?

    Nope.

    Another related hint:
    The clues involving Stan are for two words.

    The answer, just in case it is way too out there to get, the solution is under here. Seriously, don't click it if you don't wat to know.
    Seriously, don't ruin the fun! Use the other clues!
    Laughed 4 Dad

    OH! Doy. How did I not get that one earlier. That was pretty good.

    emnmnme on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    gabeupdate3.jpg?t=1274740317
    Ryo.jpg?t=1241977078
    z180792202.jpg?t=1309189275

    What game am I?

    Hint: The character in the first clue is named Gabe.

    emnmnme on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme on
  • AkimboEGAkimboEG Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    gabeupdate3.jpg?t=1274740317
    Ryo.jpg?t=1241977078
    z180792202.jpg?t=1309189275

    What game am I?

    Hint: The character in the first clue is named Gabe.

    Gabriel Knight.

    Funny that you used Gabe+Ryo when Gabe is short for Gabriel...

    AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Shining Force

    El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Gabriel Knight.

    Funny that you used Gabe+Ryo when Gabe is short for Gabriel...
    Isn't ... uh ... isn't that actually Ken? Red gi, blond hair?

    Elvenshae on
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Gabriel Knight.

    Funny that you used Gabe+Ryo when Gabe is short for Gabriel...
    Isn't ... uh ... isn't that actually Ken? Red gi, blond hair?

    That'd be Ryo Sakazaki from SNK's beat-em-ups. Capcom and SNK have a kind of history for that kind of stuff... Dan Hibiki came about as a result of Ryo using one-handed fireballs.

    BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Well, I feel sheepish. I figured it was Ken from a version of SF I hadn't played. I think III was my last. :)

    Elvenshae on
Sign In or Register to comment.