As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wisconsin] didn't mess it up for once

1929394959698»

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    And in Orville Reddenbocker Is A Blue Chip news, the MAGA set is poised to recall Robin Vos:
    Backers of an effort to oust Wisconsin Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos from office over his opposition to former President Donald Trump announced Sunday that they’ve collected enough signatures to force a recall vote.

Supporters of the recall campaign plan to present signatures Monday to the Wisconsin Elections Commission, saying they have more than the required 6,850 signatures from voters in Vos’ southeast Wisconsin district.

“With more than 10,000 signatures on our recall petition, they’ve said it loud and clear: they’re tired of the status quo and demand new representation,” Matt Snorek, who started the campaign in January, said in a statement.

I cannot make this shit up, not nearly enough drugs in the world.

I find it hilarious that as crazy right as vos is it is neither crazy nor right enough for the GOP. But if it gets that chuckle head booted I am all for it.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Let them fight.gif

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Trying to figure out the demographics of his district. I want to know if there are decent odds that the GOP could absolutely fuck themselves here. Would be hilarious if this shit allowed democrats to flip a district they couldn't normally win.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Trying to figure out the demographics of his district. I want to know if there are decent odds that the GOP could absolutely fuck themselves here. Would be hilarious if this shit allowed democrats to flip a district they couldn't normally win.

I think it was a safe R seat previously but after the changes I don't know.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    There is some real question if it'll use the new district lines.

I was thinking more along the lines that they'll piss off Vos enough that he won't just bow out because they got enough signatures. So the republican might split their vote enough that the democrats can run someone will get enough of the non-republican vote, that they'll be the first over the finish line. Granted, I'm not to familiar with how Wisconsin setup it's recalls.

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    Vos' district is southern suburban Milwaukee (even if parts of Racine want to pretend they're not a suburb). The area tends to be heavily Republican (here's where I vaguely gesture toward Kyle Rittenhouse stuff for a national example wven though that was Kenosha farther south). The redistricting is arguably less Republican, but now contains suburbs like Franklin that is part of Milwaukee County).

The people gathering signatures for the recall claim they gathered from the core region covered by both 2022 and 2024 district boundaries, which is mostly Caledonia.

More nationally, it's part of the WI 1st represented in congress by Bryan Steil (R) who won in 2022 with 54% of the vote (40,000 votes).