Options

[Airbender] The legend of Korra: I am the solution.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Holy crap guys. Just watched the first two episodes, so fantastic.

I love everything about this show. I cannot wait until we get to learn more about these characters, they're all so excellent.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed the music, setting, and pro-bending tournament but
    the minute after introducing Mako I swear I heard a thousand shippers screaming in bliss.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Digging Bolin as my comedy relief replacement for Sokka.

• Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I could watch a series just dedicated to the Pro-Bending tournaments.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    korranation.com just takes me to their facebook page... wass goin on dere

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Yuuup, how do I get in on this? It's not... region locked? Is it!? D:

Oh brilliant
  • Options

Yuuup, how do I get in on this? It's not... region locked? Is it!? D:

From what I've read, yep.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The worst part about having just watched the unlocked episodes is the realization that now I have to wait even longer to see new episodes.

Totally worth it though.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    guess im just going to move to america

region locking on the internet

rofl

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Holy shit. I have to go to work so I only watched the 3 minute trailer, but hot damn that is easily the best animated thing I have ever seen ever, ever.

E: Seriously, that city was magnificent. Is it supposed to be a take off of New York or what city?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Holy shit. I have to go to work so I only watched the 3 minute trailer, but hot damn that is easily the best animated thing I have ever seen ever, ever.

E: Seriously, that city was magnificent. Is it supposed to be a take off of New York or what city?

I thought it was meant to be 1920's Hong Kong.

I am in the double whammy of being outside an approved region and refusing to use Facebook to watch this. :(

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I think I read somewhere that the creators said they were heavily influenced by industrial Hong Kong

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    HOW DO I WATCH THESE THINGS?

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Holy shit this show... :O

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    'Tis wondrous.

• Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    The only bad part is that we're going to have to wait like at least a month for another episode.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Super pleasantly surprised with how good those first two episodes were. This series has a lot to live up to, but they're off to a great start.

"The Platypus-Bears have no juice left, but Mako and Bolin are still fresh and juicy!"

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    HOW DO I WATCH THESE THINGS?

I'll just leave this here...

Click me.

EDIT: The weekend's over, the link's dead now. If you missed it, you'll have to wait until April 14th.

physi_marc on
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    I've gotta say, that kid has the same talent for meditation I do. I meditate daily in the exact same manner.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    This is utterly fantastic.
    Though they were fucking QUICK to start hinting at a relationship. Poor Bolin.

One other question
    Where did the other sky bison come from? We had Appa and....?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    This is utterly fantastic.
    Though they were fucking QUICK to start hinting at a relationship. Poor Bolin.

One other question
    Where did the other sky bison come from? We had Appa and....?

Second question:
    One of the interviews says Aang found a wild herd of skybison somewhere and re-tamed them. That's why the markings on them look slightly different from Appa's.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I dunno know how I'm going to last now. April 14th is just these two episodes again, which means an even longer wait for new stuff. Somehow, I gotta curb my hype.

You know, I've never seen the movie...

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    I dunno know how I'm going to last now. April 14th is just these two episodes again, which means an even longer wait for new stuff. Somehow, I gotta curb my hype.

Don't, it'll just make you sad.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Seeing it will certainly curb your hype. :P

Seriously, it's not just a matter of "they changed it, now it sucks," it's inherently an awful movie.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    They still have some of the best animation on television. Really good stuff so far. I hope they can match the great characters they had on the first series but they really have there work cut out for them.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Republic City's geography is New York-esque, Liberty Island statue of Aang and everything. I know nothing about historical New York or Hong Kong, so I couldn't say if the city itself was like or unlike either.

• Options
    Someone by now must have turned that piece in the intro sequence where it has a mural of the original Aang Gang into a wallpaper by now, right?

Because I dig the hell out of that everytime I see it.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Given that Republic City is basically the cosmopolitan city of the world, I've seen a lot of elements that could be long to multiple things. For example, the statue of Aang -> Statue of Liberty comparison, but also the Golden Gate Bridge (and the Airbender Island being not unlike Alcatraz). I imagine it's a slightly less cynical version of Ankh-Morpork, i.e. every great city ever.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Police chief Bei-Fong even has Vimes-like attitude towards troublemakers in her city.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    That was so good. SO GOOD YOU GUYS COME ON

I think I prefer the setting of the original series, but so far I'm really enjoying these characters.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Excellent, excellent, excellent.

This is everything I ever hoped for an animated TV show and why so much else has always left me disappointed.

THIS feels like the natural evolution of what animation should have been since the 80's and yet never fully happened minus a few other shows that stood out.

• Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Amazing - had to temper my excitement but amazingly they have got a totally different show which just hits all the right notes (just like avatar did). Effortlessly funny and already layering in intrigue and depth in characters.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I'm actually really looking forward to the first time they have her talk to Aang. I think it'll be really interesting just to see him in grown-up mode.

Also, I really like that they made a point of showing how the bending styles have begun to evolve.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    I'm actually really looking forward to the first time they have her talk to Aang. I think it'll be really interesting just to see him in grown-up mode.

Also, I really like that they made a point of showing how the bending styles have begun to evolve.

I doubt Aang would be grown up. The zenith of his life was the war, and he was a pre-teen.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    You know who I would like Amon to be? Yes I know two episodes in and not officially debuted but.....
    Mako

The guy has some issues, maybe he lost his family to benders or benders that thought they were entitled, he's angry because of that. Amon his way of dealing and fighting back, but he's a bender you say. Of course Amon is going to be a bender, that's inevitable. Every time there is a bad guy it's always revealed they are a whatever they're fighting against type person. Have it be Mako and that would be this shows "Zuko helps Azula fight Aang OMFG moment".

Plus you get the benefit of the shippers going absolutely ape shit crazy from finding out.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »
    InkSplat wrote: »

I doubt Aang would be grown up. The zenith of his life was the war, and he was a pre-teen.

I actually disagree completely. The best time of his life would definitely be building Republic City. Aang was all about peace and progress. The war would not have been what he wanted to be remembered for, or how he'd want to manifest himself.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If you want to see Aang grown up just watch the intro, the air bender with the beard is him !

Cade on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I thought that was Tenzin

• Options
    Nope, it's the Avatar cycle with the Avatars in them.

First is Kyoshi, then Roku, Aang and then of course Korra.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Its Tenzin Kiyoshi Roku and Korra near as I can tell.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
This discussion has been closed.