Options

[Airbender] The legend of Korra: I am the solution.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Why would they put Tenzin in a line up consisting of the avatars, besides isn't it the last four avatars basically.

And there is the fact Tenzin is bound to look a bit like Aang grown up but in the end it's definitely Aang in the intro.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I would bet that how Aang appears in the intro is how we'll see him appear to Korra. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same voice actor too, since he's around that age.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Considering the avatars showed up before as they were before they died yeah we'll see Aang like that indeed.

We're not getting any Lucas edits young Skywalker/Vader in RotJ crap here.

Cade on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    eh, roku still seems like the only old man avatar spirit wise. And even then, he was killed, it wasn't natural causes.

does that mean both kyoshi and aang died fairly young by comparison?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kyoshi lived to be 230 years old so she was able to pull off a trick or two.

As for Aang it's been more or less stated he died much younger due to being stuck in the iceberg being sustained by his avatar powers taking away what would have been a longer life.

Now if you ask me why the rest of the normal crew aside from Katara are all dead I couldn't say why except death is a bitch.

Cade on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    the avatar crew being mostly dead makes perfect sense to me, it's the fact that kiyoshi was over 200 that sticks out :P

Is there any other instance in the show of a human character living that long?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    the avatar crew being mostly dead makes perfect sense to me, it's the fact that kiyoshi was over 200 that sticks out :P

The guide was 150, bumi was ancient.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    This new show is seriously incredible. I'm nervous about where the inevitable betrayal will come from eventually.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Sokka is the man in the mask. Always did have real attitude that he couldn't bend.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »

The guide was 150, bumi was ancient.

Also Sozin had to be pretty darn old, in fact Azula even mentions that he lived a very long time. It would seem to suggest that those who are in tune with bending tend to live really long lives.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dear Lord the faces everyone makes are incredible. Pure comedy gold.

Everything was the best part. I know that's not possible, but everything was the best.

E: Announcer's old timey radio voice was also equally the best.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    I really really dug the Pro Bending.

I'd totally go for a take on a Fighting Game that used a similar concept.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Louie wrote: »
    Sokka is the man in the mask. Always did have real attitude that he couldn't bend.

But then he got the space sword.

Oh my god, there should totally be a storyline involving the space sword.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

I'd kill for an episode titled "Quest of the Magic Space Sword."

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Golden Yak wrote: »

I'd kill for an episode titled "Quest of the Magic Space Sword."

"How are you so strong without bending?"

"Foolish girl, I studied under the greatest martial non-bender ever to live. I learned the arts of war under the great WANG FIRE himself!"

zerg rush on
  • Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Kyoshi and waterbender guy both appeared to Aang relatively young. It is probably a self-image thing, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if Aang appeared to Korra as a kid. Like his old teacher who made those pies just to dump on the elders, I expect Aang is always a kid at heart or what have ye.

Aurich on
  • Options
    Aurich wrote: »
    Kyoshi and waterbender guy both appeared to Aang relatively young. It is probably a self-image thing, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if Aang appeared to Korra as a kid. Like his old teacher who made those pies just to dump on the elders, I expect Aang is always a kid at heart or what have ye.
    They mention repeatedly that Korra hasn't even touched the spiritual stuff yet. I doubt that the ghostly projection of her past life will show up until she's ready to call him up.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    Aurich wrote: »

They all appeared as adults though, and Aang's outline in the introduction has a pretty sweet beard. Being young at heart usually works best if its contrasted by a fairly aged appearance after all, like Gyotsu.

I figure we'll at least see him as old as Tenzin, if not as ancient as Roku was.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't think that was Anng in the intro. I feel he would have been depicted as his statue was in the harbor if it was.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I don't think that was Anng in the intro. I feel he would have been depicted as his statue was in the harbor if it was.

But the other people in the intro are rather blatantly Kyoshi, Roku and Korra. Aang not being the Airbender there would be really, really weird.

Besides, who else would it be? Its pretty clearly not Tenzin, his children or Aang's old Teacher and they're the only other prominent Airbenders in either series.

Z0re on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I wasn't paying much attention, but I took him to be Tenzin.

I didn't see a conflict, because in the original Airbender series the Fire Bender was also Roku, and the Earth Bender and Water bender were not obviously Avatars.

• Options
    I assumed it was Tenzin as well. I don't think there's a single person that doesn't want to see what Aang looked like when he got older, so it would be some amount of odd to just put him there in the first two seconds.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    In the original series' intro were master Pakku, earthbender who was proto-Toph before they redesigned her character, Azula and Aang.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1ev379zFL1qf6yj4o1_500.gif

That's a gif of the Airbender in the opening. He's got a distinct chinstrap beard, as opposed to Tenzin's spikey one, and has a pretty different build and outfit than Tenzin too. I'm pretty sure its an older Aang considering Korra, Kyoshi and Roku.

Still image,
    tumblr_lvv0g0Jax91qhnutxo1_500.gif

Its not great, and a little grainy, but its definitely not any other prominent Airbender.

Z0re on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's definitely Aang

It doesn't look like his statue because that got put up as the city was made during his late teens or in his twenties, remember he lived until what, 60 or 70 or so? I forget which. During the original show he was only 12 when he beat the fire lord.

The opening version is of him almost certainly when he finally did die much later during his adult life hence why Tenzin looks like him some.

Cade on
  • Options
    It could be a younger Tenzin as easily as an older Aang. We are all speculating here.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    See, why would Tenzin being shown with all the avatars. It makes no sense, especially since they go in order from the previous avatars to the newest one. It was indeed, Kyoshi, Roku, Aang and Korra, that's the last four avatars as they came into being.

It's almost certain to be Aang.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Except then you have the question of why they would put a younger version of Tenzin in the opening with the last three Avatars, conveniently skipping Aang in favor of a younger version of his son who has a very different outfit, build and facial hair than he does in the show.

Seriously?

The dude looks nothing like Tenzin and Aang is the only one who actually fits into the lineup of Avatars.
    korra-intro-benders.jpg
    The-Legend-Of-Korra-Tenzin-Airbender.jpg
    tumblr_lvv0g0Jax91qhnutxo1_500.gif

Older Aang has a pretty sweet beard and I can't wait until we see it in the show proper.

You can clearly see Roku, Kyoshi and Korra here.

Edit: If this doesn't convince you, nothing I could say or show will and it'll be pointless to argue it further. Dropping it after this post.

Z0re on
  • Options
    All I know for sure is I want more. I think we can all agree on this, yes?

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    just want to say, the name of the main city is dumb dumb.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Oh absolutely.

Bolin == best character btw.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Matrias wrote: »

No worse than many Sci-fi stories featuring planetary colonization calling the new capital city some variation of "First Landing"

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Tenzin:
    lWUNvl.png

Opening Credits Guy:
    iyWLNl.png
    DWn0ll.png

I think it could be Aang.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Matrias wrote: »

No worse than many Sci-fi stories featuring planetary colonization calling the new capital city some variation of "First Landing"

Its still bad by Avatar standards, though. Not terribly creative, compared to the likes of Ba Sing Se, Omashu, etcetera.

Matrias on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    In the original series' intro were master Pakku, earthbender who was proto-Toph before they redesigned her character, Azula and Aang.
    I kinda thought the earthbender was The Boulder.

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    I kinda thought the earthbender was The Boulder.

It definitely looks like him.

On the other hand, if he is proto-Toph that makes Ember Island Players so much better.

• Options
    tumblr_m1fj24eeNM1qi0ocso1_400.jpg
    Definitely not Tenzin so.......

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Hey it's Michael Dante DiMartino!

• Options
    Don't know how I feel about Amish Aang.

This discussion has been closed.