As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pathetic Geek Stories - the Return of the Geekening

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I would write tiny cryptic messages on incredibly small pieces of paper and slip them into her jacket pocket when she left her desk

example: apple = star wars

you see, apples have cores. That means they are core-y. Like Cory. Her current boyfriend.

And star wars, well, it was all about The Force. Which sounds like divorce.

Therefore, Cory equals Divorce. Simple.

She'd obviously see the logic and dump him and then she would go out with me and we would have a million sexes.

Be honest rank.

You were the zodiac killer's protege weren't you?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oh another

In 2nd grade the typing teacher would reset the typing program we were all doing constantly because I'd go through the entire thing in about a week

when asked if I type regularly at home, the only thing I could think of was typing in cheat codes into warcraft 3

yeah....

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    i used to make games on rpgmaker

me too hi-five

well

I never actually finished one

but I spent an awful lot of time trying!

i finished three and they were all REALLY LONG

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    i used to make games on rpgmaker

me too hi-five

well

I never actually finished one

but I spent an awful lot of time trying!

The only one I ever finished was a Twisted Metal fan RPG where you could run over pedestrians on the overworld map.

It was like a slightly deeper version of Deathrace.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I met a girl at a costume party once. She was Russian, and an editor at a literary journal, and we'll call her Zoya. So, when I tell you that I was attracted to her, please understand: I'm talking about someone who is attractive to me to an unprecedented degree.

Clearly, I had to fuck this up somehow:

I was talking with her and some other friend of hers, who asked Zoya, "Is Russian hard to learn?"

"Oh, absolutely. It's one of the hardest languages to learn."

I spouted, "I've read that the complexity of the Russian language is a mythical holdover from Communist government propaganda."

She looked at me and offered a tight smile. I excused myself to look for too much alcohol.

I found it.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I tried to impress a girl by playing a mix cd of Cowboy Bebop music in my car while we were coming back from prom.

I'm just gonna

gonna go to bed now.

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    in fourth grade I created an elaborate board game for a class project (the game was called Fruit, Markets and Money, and looking back on what little I can remember from the rules, it was pretty geeky in that player strategy played a large role while random chance was basically reduced to card drawing on certain tiles and dice rolling to determine movement)

I was out sick from school with bronchitis when it was time to present the project so I typed out very detailed rules so that people could enjoy my game

my mom told me the teacher had called her and said everyone in the class really liked the game and I was incredibly proud and excited

by the time I came back to school none of the other kids remembered the game or cared, and someone had spilled a drink on some of the game components and it was ruined

I don't remember for sure but I think I probably cried a lot

Captain K on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i have had exactly one relationship that was initiated in person rather than on a forum of some kind

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    When I was 10 I got an after school detention for smearing shit all over the walls of the boys room

I was completely innocent and to this day I have no idea why they think it was me.

They were just like "You did it. We know you did."

My mum was a teacher at the school and she took their side.

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Once, at Comic Con, I made a poor mixture of booze and drugs (British asprin AKA asprin from England) and Bogey and Nads had to drag my inconsolably fucked-up butt a mile and a half from one hotel to the one we were staying at.

The next morning all I could think was, "Ah, man, I'm gonna miss Frank Miller."

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I dunno what version you guys are talking about specifically but I had it on the playstation

and I couldn't figure out the thing that let you make custom sprites so I tried to make the whole story so that it would star the pre-made character sprites

so your party was a swordsman, a samurai, a schoolkid, a ninja, a future-man, a mermaid, and an elf

• Options
    oh in 7th grade I had an incredibly boring math teacher and basically the entire class was me reading books

she sat me right next to her at the very front of the room, but no I just kept on reading books

I think she called my dad once, but nope I just kept on reading books

And-not-one-single-fuck-was-given-that-day.jpg

• Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    One time in high school I got caught passing notes during math class

Teacher pulled the classic, "Maybe you should share what you wrote with the rest of the class"

So I stood up, walked to the front of the class, and repeated what I had just written: "Why didn't anyone like the two vectors? Because they were always co-planing!"

High school was surprisingly awesome for someone as nerdy as I.

• Options
    i used to have a xanga.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i have had exactly one relationship that was initiated in person rather than on a forum of some kind

I have had exactly one relationship

but it was initiated in person so I don't know if that's more or less geeky

inclined to say more though

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    @#pipe

I swear to god

I'm sure kids do that at every school

but it's happened at the one I work at

and I spend the next few days of yard duty, surveying the playground wondering who the hell did it

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I dunno what version you guys are talking about specifically but I had it on the playstation

and I couldn't figure out the thing that let you make custom sprites so I tried to make the whole story so that it would star the pre-made character sprites

so your party was a swordsman, a samurai, a schoolkid, a ninja, a future-man, a mermaid, and an elf

On Playstation?

I remember renting Fighter Maker, it taking an entire memory card, and only creating one move for the guy with the afro before going "fuck this" and going back to Monster Rancher 2 or whatever.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

sounds like a fairly promising setup for an anime

• Options

i had it on the pc, it was a lot easier to do stuff

• Options
    I think the next year I got another afterschool detention for doing that thing where you don't dry your hands after you wash them and you rub your wet hands on a friend's face and say "Don't you hate it when you piss on your hands??"

My friend laughed, knew the joke well.

Some girl walking past ran up to a teacher and told them I'd pissed on my hands and rubbed my piss on some other kid's face.

She said "it splashed onto her"

IT WASN'T EVEN WARM

• Options
    Oghulk wrote:
    oh in 7th grade I had an incredibly boring math teacher and basically the entire class was me reading books

she sat me right next to her at the very front of the room, but no I just kept on reading books

I think she called my dad once, but nope I just kept on reading books

And-not-one-single-fuck-was-given-that-day.jpg

Oh man this reminds me

we had a really mean and nasty history teacher in sophomore year of high school

on the last day he was giving some lecture or speech about something and I got up, opened the CD player on his desk, put in a CD I burned of School's Out by Alice Cooper, mashed play and went back to my seat

Pretty sure I thought that was the coolest possible thing to do

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    When I was nine I would make up mazes.

Like dozens on them.

You could fucken' powerups and shit as well. Destroy walls or move them, they were works of art they were.

• Options
    when i was in high school i used to wear hawaiin shirts with dragons and flames on them and also fedoras

• Options
    KUSU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    Kusuguttai wrote:

i had it on the pc, it was a lot easier to do stuff

Yeah I remember a friend had it for PC and that's what got me interested in it in the first place

but we didn't have a computer that actually worked until about 2006

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    when i was in high school i used to wear hawaiin shirts with dragons and flames on them and also fedoras

These were hip for like a year.

That year was well before you were in highschool.

Shorty on
  • Options
    to this day i hold the record for most detentions in one year at my high school

(54)

• Options
    Shorty wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:

This were hip for like a year.

i have a watch that has an lcd dragon on the face

the dragon breathes flames

• Options
    Freshman biology i was drawing out a design to build houses with in sims 3 (since sims 3 was coming out that summer and I liked building houses at the time)

didn't realize how nerdy that was until later

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Oh, and I read Gaunt's Ghosts books during my Spanish 2 class. To this day I can still regale you with the exploits of Colonel-Comissar Gaunt and call you some kind of a homosexual in Spanish. So, as far as I see it, it's win-win.

• Options
    Captain K wrote:

when i was in high school, i was a virgin

• Options
    Kusuguttai wrote:

I did the dragon shirts in middle school

for about a month in high school I wore a monocle every day

Eventually I tried to add a tophat to the ensemble but that's when the school administration finally told me to stop

I tried to wear 3D glasses a year or so later but it just wasn't the same

• Options
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:

This were hip for like a year.

i have a watch that has an lcd dragon on the face

the dragon breathes flames

Subtle.

• Options
    Kusuguttai wrote:

(54)

I got a detention from a prefect for my socks being not pulled all the way up.

• Options
    oh my friends want me to sing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmM0653YvXU

at this year's prom because apparently I have enough of the pimp persona to pull it off

i'm tempted to do it

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:

i had a dragon ball z shirt, a spider man shirt and a shirt with japanese on it

these were all silk button ups

i also didn't really shower

• Options
    When I was little my parents never too me to the movies so to make myself look cool to all the other kids I would watch all the making ofs of those movies that were on tv in the early 90's and read the novelisations to make it look like I had seen the movie.

Worked surprisingly well.

• Options
    Kusuguttai wrote:

(54)

it was my freshman year, and it started when i told a kid in my class to 'stop acting black'

i got detention for being racist, but i still think a white kid talking in a 'ghetto accent' and talking about how he is going to 'cap some fool' is more racist than me telling him to stop

• Options
    oh god and now I remember that in 8th grade I wore my shoes on the opposite feet

and I'd have to change them back on the bus ride home or my mom would get mad at me

• Options
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Captain K wrote:

when i was in high school, i was a virgin

h5

I think