As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Initiative [chat]

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    oh god my stomach hurts from dinner

delicious queso whyyyy

you gon' get fat offa tex mex

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:

delicious queso whyyyy
    I've never understood the appeal of Tex Mex.

Mexican is so much better.

well you see it's like mexican food

but with more cheese
    It's like really bad Mexican food with more cheese.

They don't really seem to spice anything, because they figure it's just going to be covered in cheese, anyway. And shitty cheese, at that.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    What is the correlation between a pencil and a cassette tape?

Get out

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ja, mein Leapen!

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    than is right about tex-mex

it is the lowest of the mexican foods

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    What is the correlation between a pencil and a cassette tape?

young punk.

Get off my lawn!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    making a mixtape was a hilariously convoluted process, you guys don't even know

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The difficulty curve in Catherine is pretty amazing. It is always one step ahead, but each victory creates an intense feeling of euphoria I can only describe as "being stabbed in the eyes with heroin needles."

Actually, for me, the most difficult part was not at the end.

But I wasn't really focusing on "learning" how to identify the best way through the game. I wasn't training myself properly. Once I started doing that, the difficulty sharply declined and the last bit became easier than when I was just focusing on getting though the puzzles for the story.

For instance, I played the FIRST LEVEL on "Hard" about 30 times and couldn't beat it before giving up and changing to "Normal" difficulty. I'm pretty sure that if I went back to it now I'd breeze through the fucking thing.

Honestly, I think it really depends on what you want from the game. If you play through the puzzles like they are literally obstacles preventing you from accessing the next bit of story, then you will suffer for it. I admit I was doing this in the middle part of the game because the story was so interesting. It's not because the puzzle elements weren't, but because it was like 4:30 in the morning and I just wanted to view the next batch of cutscenes before bed. But that was just a bad Drez.

Bad Drez!

Once I came to terms with slowing down and playing the right way, I enjoyed the puzzle elements a lot more, and I started to really learn the best way to play.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Thanks, Thanatos. You other haters can suck it.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Irond Will wrote:

is this like, based off of lubbock restaurants?

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:

It's the highest based on map location though.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten to the end yet, Drez. I'm on Night 7. I'm finding it about as hard as Night 4, but for different reasons.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote:

I mean, maybe there's someplace that does it well that I just haven't tried. Lord knows I try to avoid the region where it's primarily served. And I am definitely not a man who is a fan of understated tastes. I have tried a mushroom-bacon-ham meat pie floated in split pea soup with extra bacon on top, and found it delicious.

But the Tex-Mex I've had has just tasted like really shitty cheese, and that's pretty much it. The rest of the food is super-bland, or just really poorly prepared, versus, say, some of the ridiculous burritos I've gotten at my bar, which are amazing. They even make their own, homemade hot sauce, which is really hot, but with a great, smokey flavor.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Senjutsu wrote:
    making a mixtape was a hilariously convoluted process, you guys don't even know

I had the best mixtape, oh my god

it was like 70s blaxploitation music, like Isaac Hayes and Curtis Mayfield and stuff, edited together with the K-BILLY announcements from Reservoir Dogs (really fizzy-sounding, cause I just taped them straight from the TV). Oh, and some music from Warcraft II, because I liked to play Warcraft II.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:

is this like, based off of lubbock restaurants?

tex-mex is just about the only kind of mexican available in most of the US outside the southwest or west coast

at its best, it's kind of heavy and bland

it's generally nowhere near its best though

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    hmm someone is selling the HD DVD player add on for xbox

I am kinda tempted

• Options
    Dynagrip wrote:

delicious queso whyyyy

you gon' get fat offa tex mex

I KNOW :(

• Options

I am kinda tempted

You should buy it and mod it to play blu rays

• Options
    look

can we all just agree that everything that has ever come out of texas has been bad?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

I am kinda tempted

can you even get HD DVDs anymore?

I don't think I would take one for free because I would feel kind of bad throwing it away

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote:
    look

can we all just agree that everything that has ever come out of texas has been bad?

um hello the next president of these united states will likely come from texas

god save rick perry

AND

the last real american president came from texas

so

• Options
    Irond Will wrote:

I am kinda tempted

I don't think I would take one for free because I would feel kind of bad throwing it away

no, I don't think so!

but I'd feel smug and cool like those people who own laser disc players and whip them out occasionally to watch their nerd wars movie

• Options
    i dunno, maybe it's different here. typically it's seasoned well and tastes good. a lot of the restaurants also have both on their menu, so there may not really be the delineation in quality in my mind that y'all seem to have.

or or, y'all are just being butts because "tex" is in the name.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote:
    look

god save rick perry

AND

so

my god, the brain rot has infected you

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote:
    look

god save rick perry

AND

so

Dwight D. Eisenhower?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    texas would probably be the place to get it

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote:

I am kinda tempted

no, I don't think so!

but I'd feel smug and cool like those people who own laser disc players and whip them out occasionally to watch their nerd wars movie

except laserdiscs looked better than VHS

HD DVD didn't even look as good as blu-ray because it held like 1/3rd as much

• Options
    Irond Will wrote:
    look

god save rick perry

AND

so

Dwight D. Eisenhower?
    Wasn't he from Kansas?

I think Jacob told me that when I said that nothing good had ever come from Kansas, other than Kathleen Sibelius.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    look

god save rick perry

AND

so

*shakes head*

I'm praying for you, son

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I've had authentic mexican and also delicious tex-mex. I don't think they need to be mutually exclusive.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    One of those demotivational posters recently was a pencil and a cassette tape with the caption "Your kids will never understand the correlation between these".

I felt old.

linky?

http://www.demotivation.us/the-kids-will-never-see-1253418.html

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Eisenhower was from Kansas

edit: Than beat me

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I haven't gotten to the end yet, Drez. I'm on Night 7. I'm finding it about as hard as Night 4, but for different reasons.

I think 7 is the one I almost smashed my controller with.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    look

god save rick perry

AND

so

*shakes head*

I'm praying for you, son

You should send his name and information to those sweet old ladies in the prayer circle too.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    look

god save rick perry

AND

so

Dwight D. Eisenhower?
    Wasn't he from Kansas?

I think Jacob told me that when I said that nothing good had ever come from Kansas, other than Kathleen Sibelius.

He was born in Texas anyway. As was Lyndon Johnson.

And if skippy was refering to GW then he really is brain rotted. That guy was born and raised in New England (connecticut)

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    I've had authentic mexican and also delicious tex-mex. I don't think they need to be mutually exclusive.

it's still the lowest of the mexican foods

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    the Texas War of Independence begs to differ

• Options
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    look

god save rick perry

AND

so

*shakes head*

I'm praying for you, son

you will always have friday night high school football

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    LBJ was from Texas... he wasn't completely awful.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Irond Will wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:

it's still the lowest of the mexican foods

it sits heaviest in my belly, yes

that's like physics 101

This discussion has been closed.