Options

Move around and stop eating that crap [Weight Loss and Fitness]

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I have been "enjoying" losing weight but I've been bad the past week so I put half of it or so back on.

• Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Fandeathis wrote:
    One year ago I weighed 220. At 5'10" that made me pretty big. All the weight was fat also, no muscle at all. Now I'm 190 and I have much bigger muscles. It was all just diet and exercise. Consuming 1,500 calories a day + whatever I burned in working out extra made me lose weight in a slow but efficient manner. I used http://www.myfitnesspal.com and their wonderful iPone app.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm digging the livestrong app for calorie counting.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Uriel wrote:
    I have been "enjoying" losing weight but I've been bad the past week so I put half of it or so back on.

That's ok, you can do it!! Rah rah! Get back on that horse, Uriel.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Margarazzi wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Okay yeah I need to start riding my bicycle too.

Marg, as far as the hand pain, yes wear gloves or have REALLY comfortable grips.

It's also possible that you are putting too much weight on you wrist while riding, try to be conscious of this, it's something I do all the time and it sucks. A cause to this may be that your bicycle isn't the right size for you, as in the "cockpit" area is mismatched to your body dimensions.

What kind of bicycle are you riding?

A $98 mountain bike. (I'm Onion John poor, there's no "get a better bike" or "take it to a bike shop"). My seat is as low as it goes.

I find they hurt the most when I do a lot of braking or changing gears. I find that I'm putting a lot of pressure on my thumbs and first finger because I can't reach my brakes with anything but my pinky and ring finger. Maybe once I'm less scared and don't hover on the brakes it will go away. I'm going to try better grips.

Just because the bike is "inexspensive" does not mean it should be uncomfortable.

There are ways to adjust your bike for comfort without spending much, or possibly no money.

This is a long read but a good article about fitting your bicycle: http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    I heard livestrong is a great app as well. My girlfriend used it to lose some weight, even though it didn't seem like she needed to. It actually just made her look really toned and athletic, which is cool.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote:
    Margarazzi wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    Okay yeah I need to start riding my bicycle too.

Marg, as far as the hand pain, yes wear gloves or have REALLY comfortable grips.

It's also possible that you are putting too much weight on you wrist while riding, try to be conscious of this, it's something I do all the time and it sucks. A cause to this may be that your bicycle isn't the right size for you, as in the "cockpit" area is mismatched to your body dimensions.

What kind of bicycle are you riding?

A $98 mountain bike. (I'm Onion John poor, there's no "get a better bike" or "take it to a bike shop"). My seat is as low as it goes.

I find they hurt the most when I do a lot of braking or changing gears. I find that I'm putting a lot of pressure on my thumbs and first finger because I can't reach my brakes with anything but my pinky and ring finger. Maybe once I'm less scared and don't hover on the brakes it will go away. I'm going to try better grips.

Just because the bike is "inexspensive" does not mean it should be uncomfortable.

There are ways to adjust your bike for comfort without spending much, or possibly no money.

This is a long read but a good article about fitting your bicycle: http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm

Thank you! Tonkka to the rescue. I'm really loving my bike (and I HATE exercise), so this wrist pain thing makes me sad but determined to fix it.

I can't wait until this record summer is over so I can bike to work without harmful effects. It's only 3.4 miles. No reason to drive that, and sometimes walking is boring and slow (and wears out shoes faster than I can replace them).

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    weight range things are really weird.
    few of them say I should be 130.
    if I got that tiny, I'd probably lose my boobs D:
    Though I've somehow managed to keep them throughout my weightloss so far

I ignore those chartsfor the most part

DO NOT

LOSE YOUR BOOBS

Not planning on losing them anytime soon if I can help it <3

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote:
    Basically you stand in front of the mirror, naked, and ask yourself do you need to lose weight. Assuming you're not suffering from any self image disorders, you can basically tell whether or not you're at a healthy weight.

have you ever met

a woman

In that case they can send their naked photos to me for an unbiased examination.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Margarazzi wrote:
    Uriel wrote:

That's ok, you can do it!! Rah rah! Get back on that horse, Uriel.

thanks marg!

:)

I'ma keep it up.

I believe in you who believes in me!

Uriel on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I guess I should really go buy a scale.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    I guess I should really go buy a scale.

send me a naked picture and your height and I'll guess what you weigh

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    that is a challenge to everybody

• Options
    yesss a new thread to ask for dick/boob pics in

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:

k9w8d.gif

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Naked pictures is a great segue into my next question for everyone: nausea.

I nearly threw up after hauling my bike upstairs after riding. Do you ever get that? I'm really hoping that gets better with conditioning. Hauling this bike around is going to be a good stand in for arm weights until I can afford them.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Keith wrote:

You floozy.

• Options
    god dammit keith

I'm trying to bring them back, Orikaeshigitae!

It benefits everybody!

• Options
    Margarazzi wrote:

I nearly threw up after hauling my bike upstairs after riding. Do you ever get that? I'm really hoping that gets better with conditioning. Hauling this bike around is going to be a good stand in for arm weights until I can afford them.

Yeah my bicycle is an all steel frame.

It's heavy getting up them stairs.

• Options
    I find when I don't eat so much first meal of the day I don't get nausea too badly.

• Options
    after living on the second floor for a year

I will live on the first floor next time

• Options
    Margarazzi wrote:

was it an exhausted wretch or was it head spinning dizziness vomiting?

The former is fine, it means you're pushing yourself. The latter is not fine. It more than likely means you're dehydrated.

• Options
    #pipe wrote:
    Keith wrote:

k9w8d.gif

Don't break my heart, #pipe

• Options
    Tonkka wrote:
    Keith wrote:

You floozy.

Look, I need to be better at guesstimating size

• Options
    also why the fuck does Chrome recognize guesstimate as a word

• Options
    #pipe wrote:
    Margarazzi wrote:

was it an exhausted wretch or was it head spinning dizziness vomiting?

The former is fine, it means you're pushing yourself. The latter is not fine. It more than likely means you're dehydrated.

Exhausted wretch. See now, I've been reading online that it could be OVERhydration. But... yours makes more sense. I drink water all day, but not a ton right before biking (or whatever I'm doing. I always get nauseated working out seriously instead of half assing it). So if I'm going to throw up, it's probably better to throw up a ton of water than just whatever chicken dish I had for supper.

Or worse: eggs.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Keith wrote:
    also why the fuck does Chrome recognize guesstimate as a word

Maybe you told it to ignore all, once, and it never forgot? Chrome is a woman?

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    Doing weights 3 times a week, monday, wednesday, friday

trying to walk for about 30 minutes a day at least

eating healthier maybe? But so easy to just be like 'fuck it i'll have a potato'. Also, I don't know enough to eat properly healthy aside from 'stop going to maccas you dipshit'

• Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    oh, also my weights session is rubbish at the moment and i'm looking for more dumbell-only stuff to do, any tips

• Options
    Jintor wrote:
    Doing weights 3 times a week, monday, wednesday, friday

trying to walk for about 30 minutes a day at least

eating healthier maybe? But so easy to just be like 'fuck it i'll have a potato'. Also, I don't know enough to eat properly healthy aside from 'stop going to maccas you dipshit'

Yeah, right now eat healthier is mainly: eat a small snack before you get so hungry that you go to Sonic out of desperation. And no more liquid calories. Eventually I'll quit diet soda, too, but I still give in pretty easily to those.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Jintor wrote:
    oh, also my weights session is rubbish at the moment and i'm looking for more dumbell-only stuff to do, any tips

I'm not blowing you off here, but the weight lifting thread guys might be more help for you there.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Wiki says nausea can be caused by not properly warming down, over hydration, or just simply pushing too hard.

• Options
    I find with soda that quitting is easier when I don't go with diet and just quit cold, try small amounts of juice if you really need a liquid sugar kick...

• Options
    #pipe wrote:
    Wiki says nausea can be caused by not properly warming down, over hydration, or just simply pushing too hard.

Yeah it's tricky to know your limits I've been starting slow but am thinking of moving up to running small amounts.

• Options
    Uriel wrote:
    I find with soda that quitting is easier when I don't go with diet and just quit cold, try small amounts of juice if you really need a liquid sugar kick...

That's what I told you!

• Options
    Uriel wrote:

It's more the cold bubbly I'm looking for. I was doing club soda for a while, but my source for canned club soda dried up. I need to look harder for it. Diet soda is just liquid chemicals.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe wrote:

Yeah, I keep approaching weight loss like I approach hobbies: go at it full force until I burn out. I can't do that this time around.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Keith wrote:
    Uriel wrote:

That's what I told you!
    Annnnnd I appreciate it!

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    Uriel wrote:

That's what I told you!

So is the new go-to joke "That what Keith said"?

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    Margarazzi wrote:
    Diet soda is just liquid chemicals.

so is water.

This discussion has been closed.