Options

[DND 4E] Age of Ascension OOC

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Well, let me know what you want to do- you do win initiative, so you can go first if you like :)

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Actually, you can go ahead of me. I'm in a bit of a rush to get to work so it'll just be easier haha thanks though

• Options
    Just to clarify- the blackblade is in Cognast's aura, and if he makes an OA against Cassandra he'll take 6 damage and die, correct?

• Options
    Auuugh. I have to go too, actually. If you want to go first feel free, if not I'll post in a few hours. Stupid IC not letting me log in :(

• Options
    lodwilklodwilk Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote:
    Just to clarify- the blackblade is in Cognast's aura, and if he makes an OA against Cassandra he'll take 6 damage and die, correct?

This is correct.

• Options
    MMAgChMMAgCh remember tomorrow. Registered User regular
    Friendly fire, best fire.

• Options
    I think the most important thing is that I didn't deal 1d6 to myself.

• Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Wait, Dragon's Breath is a Minor, I shifted and Charged, how can I not use Dragon's Breath? I'm confused.
    To Clarify, Charging is a standard action and I can Pounce at the end of it instead making a melee basic, so it's one standard action. I'd still have a minor after stopping.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Charging effectively ends your turn – you can't take any further actions that turn, except free actions.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    ^^ Ah. Another one of Wizards designs that makes no goddamn sense I see :P
    Kind of like "Multiple attack rolls whether you're raining down a flurry or arrows, or the exact same jet of flame that hit the guy directly behind him", hehe.

Goddammit why did you have to roll high on MY attack roll you jerk! D:

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Hey c'mon now. We're nature buddies. No need to be glum. That's all in the past man, quit livin' in the past.

Oh and hey, didn't realise I killed the Blackblade. Well let's use a Whirling Lunge against that Guard Drake as a fun Encounter free action and...

Orokos, you give me a reason to love you then you slap me in the face.

• Options
    Really let's not get into who hit who, and all the whys and why nots that go along with that.

Let's focus on the good stuff!

Like me killing a Goblin and dealing 13 damage to a Drake. Now let's all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes!

• Options
    And 11 damage to the druid who is now bloodied.
    Buttface.

• Options
    Buttface.
    Hey, +1 to attack rolls for you this way!

• Options
    srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    That's true! Also, he didn't murder the tank. Which was a real possibility if he had stayed put. I should have added the trigger to give you some HP love if someone on our team tried to cut you down.

So we've got Goblin Warrior 2, whose only real option is to attack me or suffer my fury. I suppose he could move without shifting and make me take a roll to swing at him, which seems like the safest bet if he wants to get out of my aura.

Muffin, I can slide Rhogar out of there with my heal if you'd like. You could then come over next to me and use "Cull the Herd" on the guard drake and pull him adjacent to me. Alternatively, I can slide you one up and then you can shift back on your turn and charge them again. For what it's worth. You have options, I guess, is what I'm getting at.

Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Options
    Buttface.

Take it like a man...dragon...dog, born, thing...!

• Options
    That's true! Also, he didn't murder the tank. Which was a real possibility if he had stayed put. I should have added the trigger to give you some HP love if someone on our team tried to cut you down.

So we've got Goblin Warrior 2, whose only real option is to attack me or suffer my fury. I suppose he could move without shifting and make me take a roll to swing at him, which seems like the safest bet if he wants to get out of my aura.

Muffin, I can slide Rhogar out of there with my heal if you'd like. You could then come over next to me and use "Cull the Herd" on the guard drake and pull him adjacent to me. Alternatively, I can slide you one up and then you can shift back on your turn and charge them again. For what it's worth. You have options, I guess, is what I'm getting at.

You just wanna hurt me too I just know it! :cry:

Sure that could work. I'll probably use Cull the Herd to drag them over to us.

• Options
    Any time people want to clump enemies up (preferably not in cover), Cassandra will be pleased :P

• Options
    What is your goddamn problem, Orokos. I'm supposed to roll badly when I'm DMing, not when I'm a player. :( (At least I hit at all, I guess. Would've been a shame to waste that damage roll.)

• Options
    False! I wish to heal you. And so I shall. And that's basically all I do. No, for real. The only worthwhile things I can apparently do involve talking to people and saying nice things about them.

• Options
    You guys are lucky. If that hobgoblin archer had hit at any time when the goblin was still alive the goblin would have had a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage against the same target.

• Options
    Your post is a lie wrapped in blatant untruths, I'm not up at all. :P

• Options
    Oops thats what I get for copy pasting previous posts and then editing those.

• Options
    And to continue my quibbling, it looks like you've got Brinna in B9 when she should be in C9. :)

• Options
    All of a sudden Brinna sees a dragon in the distance

• Options
    edited September 2011
    So uh, any reason why Cognast attempted to shift me into a square I was already in if he was trying to move me without provoking an AoO?

Also I don't think there's any reason for me to bother posting. I missed YET AGAIN with my encounter. And with a shitload of test rolls, I'm even getting lowballed (something like 5 out of every 7 rolls is sub 15 AFTER my bonus.) Also inevitably provoking an AoO that will of course be a critical hit.

Fan-fucking-tastic. I am so glad I played a druid. Otherwise I'd be playing a Wizard and I might have enough of a goddamn attack bonus to be more than just a ball of hitpoints that couldn't even take a fucking hit.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Well I think it's time I bust out my daily

That is if I don't die against the Beastmaster and Drake.

Also +9?! Did I get marked or flanked without me knowing?

Gatsby on
  • Options
    If the archer really has a +9 attack bonus, I am so 1-shotting his ass.

That said, he rolled a 14 to hit, so it's pretty moot- he woulda hit you regardless, right?

• Options
    Yeah +9 seems a bit high, what the fuck is he getting bonuses from? The game I'm DMing I see monsters peek into +11 or 12 and that's level 4.

• Options
    He does have a +9 to attacks, he's a level 3 artillery. Like I said I'm throwing a high end fight at you guys just to gauge what the party can do in combat to see what you're capable of. This is a trial combat and I'm already learning a few things, like the fact that though you guys have a high damage output your to hit mods aren't that great, so I'll either throw enemies with low defenses but high hp, or give you all expertise(all) for free.

• Options
    Oh balls. I was working off an old map. I meant to swing you to B10. It counts as forced movement, so they don't get Attacks of Opportunity off of my slide.

Also, Hohenvar gets those 3 precious, precious hitpoints. I'll toss you my last heal when I'm up. Then maybe this Goblin Warrior will die and I can disengage and finally hit someone. I'm pretty sure I can neutralize a lot of the archer's damage if I can get him in melee, or at least force him to take damage for dishing some out.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Honestly, with the rolls many of us have been getting, we could've had twice our current attack bonuses and very few of those misses would've been hits still. To put things into perspective, our ten most recent die rolls for attacks have been a 4, 5, 16, 6, 13, 12, 18, 19, 14, and 8. Except perhaps for that 8, these are very "unambiguous" in whether they are going to hit or miss: a 12+ can generally be relied on to hit, whereas you'd always expect a <=6 to miss unless either the attack bonus or the defence being targeted is considerably higher/lower than normal.

It's not that I'd object to free expertise feats (well, not as a player :P), but the real "problem" is that Orokos has been dishing out plain bad rolls; on the whole we wouldn't be doing much better if we were each boasting an additional +1 or +2 on our attack rolls.

MMAgCh on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I tend to favour expertise feats for free in my games, just because they're almost mandatory- not hitting all the time makes for poor gameplay, and if everyone takes them at level 1 (as they probably should for effectiveness reasons), that doesn't leave much if any room for customization. It's your call though, Lodwilk!

El Skid on
  • Options
    lodwilk wrote:
    He does have a +9 to attacks, he's a level 3 artillery. Like I said I'm throwing a high end fight at you guys just to gauge what the party can do in combat to see what you're capable of. This is a trial combat and I'm already learning a few things, like the fact that though you guys have a high damage output your to hit mods aren't that great, so I'll either throw enemies with low defenses but high hp, or give you all expertise(all) for free.

Ooohhh, that makes sense. Sorry, wasn't complaining at all or anything I just kinda did a double-take at the +9 haha

• Options
    To be fair, the rolls have been terrible, but Druids have had very little love as of late, so they're not really scaling as well as the Wizards as the game ages. I mean, Wizards/Mages/Bladesingers have gotten a lot of new shit. Same with Clerics, Fighters, Rogues, and Paladins. Everything else is getting screwed. Druids, by contrast, have gotten 0 at-wills that can be used in Beast Form.

At my local games, we cooked up a homebrew feat to resolve that:

Beastial Soldier
    prereq; druid, wild shape.
    While you are in beast form, choose an at-will attack that you know that has the implement or weapon keyword. That power gains the Beast Form keyword. If it is a weapon attack, you use your beast form's natural weapons as a weapon with 1d8 damage and +2 proficiency. You can take this power more than once but can only use one of the at-wills in Beast Form per encounter.

Yaaay look at that, you can take a Sentinel At-Will or make multiclassing useful at all. We had a Primal Guardian druid who built over into Fighter and was a fairly passable secondary defender. Not suggesting that it be houseruled for Muffin.

• Options
    Okay I forget are we still going with the rule that if nothing's been posted in 24 hours, or more, the next person on the initiative list can go?

• Options
    Are you suggesting we skip the DM? I like the cut of your jib. :ar!

• Options
    Ya sorry guys, I've been away from my laptop yesterday and won't get to it until tonight. Been posting from my phone, which can barely handle normal posts, let alone updating a combat encounter.

• Options
    Nah, it's all good, I just wanted to check. Should I continue to wait or do I dare plot

Mutiny
    :ar!

• Options
    MMAgCh wrote:
    Are you suggesting we skip the DM? I like the cut of your jib. :ar!

I am also a fan of the general shape and angle of this jib. (classy :ar!)