As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Freddie Mercury]The Show Must Go On

FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Social Entropy++
Well. Happy Birthday Freddie, where ever you are.
This is his 65th birthday, or would have been if he hadn't bit the dust 20 years ago.
Still. It's a good time to pay tribute to one of the greatest artists of the 20th century.

The Show Must Go On...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU

Links:

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
-Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
Fiendishrabbit on

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I will sing four octaves above my usual range as a tribute

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Be sure to check out the google homepage

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    If I ever got hold of a time machine, the first place I'd go would be 1985 to the Live Aid concert and listen to this in person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LncAQR47eZo

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Just got A Night at the Opera cheap a couple days ago.

Gonna give it a listen. Heard a fair deal of Queen, but never owned a full non best of album until now.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    If I ever got hold of a time machine, the first place I'd go would be 1985 to the Live Aid concert and listen to this in person:

Personally I'd choose Rock in Rio, 1986, recognized as one of the greatest Queen concerts ever.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    everyone born outside of the time range where they could have gone and seen Queen live was fucking cheated

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:

Personally I'd choose Rock in Rio, 1986, recognized as one of the greatest Queen concerts ever.

I'd just kick Hitler in the nadgers.

The time travel equivalent of breaking a bottle on a ship.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:

That'd be my second quest. Freddy comes first.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    everyone born outside of the time range where they could have gone and seen Queen live was fucking cheated

:cry:

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:

Fix'd.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    nuuuuuuuuuuuuh

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

let's go listen to Queen and cry together Valve

anti you comin'?

• Options
    ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    Oh man, how good is the Goggle homepage right now? Awesome Freddy Mercury animation, made me feel so good that I could listen to Queen.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

anti you comin'?

am I? :winky:

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Be sure to check out the google homepage

Apparently it's only google.com.au? At least for now.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:

anti you comin'?

I am.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote:

anti you comin'?

well I don't know

that's why I asked

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    yesyesyes <3

• Options
    thank you thread for providing my evening playlist

• Options
    @zonugal can you sing
    this is important

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    fantastisk

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I just ordered the Queen Live at Wembley '85 DVD -- my CDs long having given up
    Queen was . . . phenomenal. Freddie Mercury was truly a unique showman.
    Thank you for making this thread. It really means a lot.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    @zonugal can you sing
    this is important

@skettios, sadly I can not... I have training in musical theater though so I have the confidence and stage presence to work past it.

What do you need of me?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Queen were pretty damn good

One of the few really famous British Bands that I actually honestly like

• Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    The Queen official YouTube channel is streaming the whole 1986 concert at Wembley Stadium

http://www.youtube.com/user/queenofficial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPUqQrMEs2Y

Metallikat on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Also, fuckin' Brian May:
    World class guitarist, (formerly) internationally famous rock god, by all accounts a pretty nice guy, successful producer and businessman, and PhD in Astrophysics.
    Seriously, fuck him. If he turns out to be good at sports too, I'm gonna have to kick him in the nuts.

• Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote:
    Also, fuckin' Brian May:
    World class guitarist, (formerly) internationally famous rock god, by all accounts a pretty nice guy, successful producer and businessman, and PhD in Astrophysics.
    Seriously, fuck him. If he turns out to be good at sports too, I'm gonna have to kick him in the nuts.

I heard he once beat Chuck Norris in a fistfight, then stole his beard.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    @zonugal can you sing
    this is important

@skettios, sadly I can not... I have training in musical theater though so I have the confidence and stage presence to work past it.

What do you need of me?

when I was listening/watching Queen last night, I thought that you could be Freddie
    Maybe do a video???

• Options
    Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    I am so thankful to my mother for indoctrinating a love of Queen into me from an early age. I am pretty sure she just married my dad because he had a totally sweet imitation Freddie Mercury 'stache.

Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    @zonugal can you sing
    this is important

What do you need of me?

when I was listening/watching Queen last night, I thought that you could be Freddie
    Maybe do a video???

It'll be a while till I can do another video. I don't have the resources of college so I'm pretty stuck in that regard...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    skettios wrote:
    @zonugal can you sing
    this is important

What do you need of me?

Maybe do a video???

It'll be a while till I can do another video. I don't have the resources of college so I'm pretty stuck in that regard...

oh, right.
    bummer
    I shall dream instead!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Queen used to be my favorite band until I decided to be a Pitchfork-reading indiefuck

Listening to A Night At The Opera for the first time in years today

they're still really good

6F32U1X.png