Options

[Path of Exile] They might have forgotten to tell you that you're in the beta.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    I'm still interested in this.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It's a good time. I've not actually died yet (which is a good thing I suppose, as I'd be kicked to the other league if I did), but the first act boss got me close.

That said, fuck the apes in act 2. Fuck them in their eyes.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, so far I've never died, but I've only played solo so far, I'm guessing it ramps up with more players and when you get farther into the game.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    i'm sad i haven't gotten into the beta for this yet, maybe i'll resort to posting on their forums to be an 'active' member

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The patch notes for the next version (0.9.3) sound incredible.

New passive skill tree, more class variety and generally just some pretty fundamental game changes to try and make it all a bit more fun.

No word on selling to NPCs yet. I'm super interested with how that will work (as if you start handing out currency items in exchange for all the shite you could pick up from clearing one area, then they would become worthless)

• Options
    Hi guys!

This is just a quick note on the progress of the 0.9.3 patch. Things are going great - at this stage we expect it to be up on the Alpha realm before the end of the workweek. Once on the Alpha realm, it'll be around one week of testing before it's deployed to the Beta realm. We can't commit to exact dates yet because it's crucial for us to get this major patch right. Hurrying last minute changes will be much worse than waiting a few extra days.

We can go into a little more detail about a few pieces of extra content in 0.9.3 (other than the huge amount of rebalancing mentioned in the recent dev diary).

So far, there are two extra world areas in early Act One (both are side areas). These will be made a little more challenging than normal areas to provide optional harder content for new players.

We have seven new active skills currently working, and will enable more as they become available (even if that's a few days after the patch is deployed). Included in this set of skills are ones code-named "Heavy Strike", "Conversion Strike", "Fire Storm", "Immortal Call" and a few currently secret ones.

We currently have nine new support gems scheduled for the first release of 0.9.3. Three of these affect your minion skills!

I'll post more updates as we get closer to deploying (including hopefully some screenshot/video previews of new skills). Thanks for being so patient!

Edit: Just as a reminder - we will scale up the size of the beta once this patch is released.

This was posted yesterday, so another two weeks or so and we'll see a major rebalancing of the game and the beta invites should start to arrive more frequently. Perhaps we'll even see some of the fabled friend invites.

• Options
    no worriesno worries Registered User regular
    Appreciate the update Mojo.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I got my beta invite today, I'll post impressions later. Did anyone else receive theirs as part of the new wave of people?

No friend keys yet, unfortunately.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11038

new patch is big but not coming yet

needs tweakage

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    That's a shame, finding motivation to play when 9.3 is just round the corner and will a) wipe characters and b) change more or less everything is tricky.

• Options
    9.3 is now being slated for a release on the 14th. This should dramatically increase the rate at which beta keys are handed out (although I'm not sure what happens when you dramatically increase a trickle).

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    My fingers are crossed! :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    We'd like to invite you to help test this patch and to play alongside us on this fresh Beta realm. As part of this phase of the Closed Beta, we'll be scaling up the number of players significantly. We will be giving out 10,000 friend invite codes to existing testers over the next two weeks. You will receive at least one

Woo.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Sooo... all I can see when I see this thread is "Tit and diablo".

Can't say I knows what the game is about, but I bet it's not about hell tits. Poor advertising!

• Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just got a key. I'd completely forgotten that I signed up for this, yay!

Installing etc now, will probably play and stream it later for anyone that is interested (I'll post in here again when I'm streaming)

• Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Streaming

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    0.9.3 is out, isn't it?

got the patch notes on my launcher

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, it was a "0.9.3 is out" email that mentioned everybody getting at least one friend code in the next two weeks.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    One of the devs is merrily chatting away in the public chat right now. It's quite interesting.

Edit: He accidentally sent that 0.9.3 email to people outside the beta, so he just gave them access anyway.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Still no email for me but on the other hand I have so much shit to play, it is unreal. I guess I can wait.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    If anyone gets a friend invite code that will be unused, I'd be happy to take it off your hands :winky:

MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Got a beta invite today for this. I'm enjoying it so far, but the passive skill tree is a bit overwhelming.

Right now I'm trying to do a 2H Sword Duelist.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Argh. Every time this thread bumps it tortures me. Still no invite. :(

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    InkSplat wrote:
    Argh. Every time this thread bumps it tortures me. Still no invite. :(

Likewise.

I occasionally pass time by visiting the POE website and entertain myself by not seeing my name come up on the random generator.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    To get the torture going: I wanted a DOTA 2 invite, but instead after a full 4 month they finally decided it was my turn to get an invite for this game.

:(

• Options
    @Echo hooked me up, what a little beauty. Downloading now so I can get some play time in before TOR releases.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Would love a beta code if anyone has one going spare.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Just read about this, love me some Diablo/Titan Quest style games. Random levels? Sweet. Interesting skill system? Even sweeter. So hopefully they send me a beta invite so I can get in on this.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    the skill system is cool but in the beta its fairly limited atm because they dont have that many active skills yet

they plan to have over 100 active skills before they go to open beta tho

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    the skill system is cool but in the beta its fairly limited atm because they dont have that many active skills yet

they plan to have over 100 active skills before they go to open beta tho

They also don't have a lot of the cooler support gems they've mentioned on the website yet. I'm really looking forward to a few of them, like the one that triggers on hit.

• Options
    i want chain lightnins

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    Path of Exile sounds suspiciously like Path to Exile
    Pathtoexile.jpg

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Funny, I was thinking it sounded like the old Spiderweb Software RPG series. Y'know... Exile?

Now, as the Koreans like to say -> keykeykey

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The gem system is really cool. Before the wipe I had a Frost Nova with a support gem that gave Frost Nova a healthy chunk of magic find.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I really like their "last man standing" take on a ladder. Pretty cool.

One important question that I hope isn't polarizing; is there a teleport skill?

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Sokpuppet wrote:
    I really like their "last man standing" take on a ladder. Pretty cool.

One important question that I hope isn't polarizing; is there a teleport skill?

I believe there's a couple skills that teleport you as part of the attack. I don't believe there's a skill that does nothing but teleport you.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Got into the beta yesterday and got sent a friend key just a few hours later. If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM. (key has been claimed)

Billmaan on
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Billmaan wrote:
    Got into the beta yesterday and got sent a friend key just a few hours later. If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM. (key has been claimed)

I'd just like to say that Billmaan is a classy gent, and I look forward to trying this out! :D

• Options
    BaldrBaldr Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Not a lot of activity in the PoE thread... Are there still people interested? I've got a beta key for a lucky person, just to say thanks for being my fav forum to lurk! First come, first served!

Edit: Taken!

Baldr on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Baldr wrote:
    Not a lot of activity in the PoE thread... Are there still people interested? I've got a beta key for a lucky person, just to say thanks for being my fav forum to lurk! First come, first served!
    Ooo, me!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
This discussion has been closed.