Options

[League of Legends] Xerath preview up. Kog'maw looking into lawyers.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Riven's a lady? I swear the first few images of Riven they put out made him look like a teenage boy with puffy hair.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Riven skin splashart is out.

Riven_Splash_1.jpg

Riven_Splash_2.jpg

Is that Crimson Elite Riven?

MUST GIVE RIOT MY MONEY!

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote:
    the first one

uh

crimson elite? or cyborg
    Yeah, I think that's Crimson Elite.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Definitely a crimson elite skin.

Whatever.

That hooded skin looks amazing and I want it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    If this guy who picked Morde is seriously going to run Clarity I reserve the right to punch him through my computer.

Characters
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    who even cares about the crimson elite skin when you have The Hood

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    those are both fantastic skins

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    i don't like either of them and i think her classic skin looks fine
    yay, economical tastes

unintentional on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I think I like the CE one a LOT more.

The hood looks boring as shit to me. Saying the judgement skin looked anime was nothing compared to that. Thats WAY too anime to me.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    The crimson elite skins are kinda bad, but at least they aren't as terrible as the commando skins.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    The crimson elite skins are kinda bad, but at least they aren't as terrible as the commando skins.

slow your roll son

did you just say something bad about commando skins

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    the commando skins are awesome except for commando lux, which is objectively the worst skin in the store

i can prove this with charts

interrobang on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Well. Yes Commando Lux is a compelte disgrace and the only commando skin i've seen used in game. I don't remember the others but I do remember not being that impressed.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    If she is even remotely competitive I see her making Riot some serious cash.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Digging that third skin splash art for her. I assume the second one is part of the new Noxian set?

For those at work who are blocked this week's free champs:

Amumu
    Annie
    Gangplank
    Nunu
    Singed
    Sivir
    Caitlyn
    Talon

Edit: Commando Xin makes him look like an old man with a beer belly.

Jarvan, Garen and Galio are the only acceptable ones and even then Garen is only just.

Kelor on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lux has pretty bad skins for the most part. Except I think the wizard one that ISN'T the witch.

But her default skin is pretty good.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    oooh free karma week

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Rami wrote:

Crimson Elite skins are cooler than Commando skins, and Commando skins are pretty cool.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh, man, Amumu, Karma, Talon and Nocturne, all free this week? Fantastic.

How is Karma? I have been waiting for her to be free, she looks neat.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Two more champs with giant swords and TEAM BIG McLARGE SWORD! will be complete.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    you know, I've seen karma being played a few times and I still have no freakin idea of what she actually DOES.

• Options
    she kills people

she's a dickpunching mage in support's clothing

• Options

If you roll with his Commando skin Jarvan has a bigass sword. Unless you already counted him.

• Options
    Love how Caitlyn is free the same week as the PC Gamer promotion.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BigminimusBigminimus Registered User regular
    Commando Jarva

If you roll with his Commando skin Jarvan has a bigass sword. Unless you already counted him.

Commando Jarvan
    Garen
    Tryndamere
    Riven

Possible candidates
    Mundo(cleaver count as big sword?)
    Leona
    Yi

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Love how Caitlyn is free the same week as the PC Gamer promotion.

I assumed it would be since if people were able to try her they would be more likely to buy a PC Gamer.

• Options
    Is this a thing, whereby when you play support in solo queue your team inevitably goes down 4-5 towers but refuses to quit and somehow manages to completely stomp the other team after not showing up all game?

I mean, I'll take the wins but there has to be a less stressful way of going about this.

Characters
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    I like The Hood.

Also I recall hearing that Riven's q combo covers about 1100 range.

I'm already having nightmares of her popping out of the brush at Warp Factor Three.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Jax continues to be an unstoppable terror

I mean, seriously?

• Options
    BigminimusBigminimus Registered User regular
    Jax continues to be an unstoppable terror

I mean, seriously?

His early game damage nerf makes him easier to shut down early game imo, yes if you can survive until 40mins and you will win, but they focus you like a ton of bricks (not fun).

• Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    So, got into a game as Garen, with a Malphite, Cho'gath, Gangplank and Ryze.

Game starts and GP goes jungling. I go Bot, and notice that I'm by myself. Apparently Malphite and Ryze are going Top with Cho in Mid. I ask if I could have a buddy at Bot, but they decline. I'm up against Miss Fortune and Sona, and I'm basically denied of any last-hitting. I do get a couple of good shots at Miss Fortune, and with Gangplank's help, we do manage to kill them both, but only after they destroy our first tower at Bot. Meanwhile, Malphite is talking trash, even though he has already racked up 8 deaths, and his buddy Ryze 4 deaths. Things go downhill from there, and I'm forced to make ends meet by farming when not defending Mid, and then grabbing buffs to gank and disrupt them to the best of my ability. Meanwhile, Malphite's still talking shit to me, and goes straight into homophobic cussing once I point out that he has fed so much our opponents might as well be all Gragas.

Gangplank knows Ryze and tries to coach him into feeding less, but to no avail. Luckily GP is pretty damned good, and so is Cho.

The game seems like a loss all the way until near the end, where the entire enemy team go push Bot and get to our Inhibitors, while me and Gangplank hold them off. And for the first and only time ever, the wonder twins, assisted by Cho, push Mid and get to their Inhibitor. The opposing team scrambles away trying to recall and get sloppy. Me and GP clear them and go meet the rest of our team at Mid, pulling out a clutch victory out of a terrible, terrible game.
    GarenLong-AssMatch.png

I have no fucking idea how we managed to win that match. I guess as bad as Malphite and Ryze were, the other team failed at coordination and map awareness.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Rius wrote:
    How is Karma? I have been waiting for her to be free, she looks neat.

Karma's awesome but she has a high learning curve so I expect this week, there will be a lot of lowsy Karmas running around. Build her tanky AP and get her max CDR ASAP (since it affects her mantra recharge rate). Oh and don't forget that you can shield explode off of allied minions (very useful during the laning phase).

Speaking of which, I just had an amazing match. Despite having 1 disconnect and 1 awful Talon that mostly fed, we nearly managed to win 3 vs 5. Our Singed and Ashe were amazing and I did pretty good as Karma (8-6-24). We got their inhibitor down first and our team kills/deaths were neck and neck until we got wiped out late game at Baron.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    I'm starting to hate it when people pick yorick. they just farm. all. game. long. literally just did a 4v5. yorick showed up maybe 2 times in team fights. He didn't even take 2nd top tower. I was annie though so we won anyways.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    I'm glad Talon is free this week because I didn't already see double talons in every

single

game

• Options
    Hmm, trying ARAM. I get Nidalee and the team has 5 x clarity. This sounds like fun.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I'm glad Talon is free this week because I didn't already see double talons in every

single

game

This is exactly what I said to my mates I play with last week when he didn't end up being free.

Given the number of games I saw two Talons in I just assumed everyone bought him and that there was no point for Riot to make him free.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Man, a string of games with perfect laning phases, and then disasters once team fights start. Sorry guys, but teemo just doesn't do AoE burst.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    yeah it's been awhile since i played that bad

sig.gif
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Man, a string of games with perfect laning phases, and then disasters once team fights start. Sorry guys, but teemo just doesn't do AoE burst.

A well-equipped Teemo can be pretty devastating, though. You run in, focus on someone, run away and maybe lead a couple stragglers into mushroom traps.

This discussion has been closed.