As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

502 [chat]

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    what if the legion didn't have the slavery or extreme sexism

I don't know if it would be a much better choice even then
    I only needed to see the first town they hit, with all the crucified Powder Gangers and I was like FUUUUUUU I will kill all of them.

regarding that
    I dunno man, I fucking hated those Powder Gangers. I was okay with the complete destruction of some whore town and the mutilation/torture of a bunch of dynamite-wielding terrorists. Where I started disliking the Legion was Ranger Station Charlie(?).
    Hmm, well the Powder Gangers are pretty douchey, but they murdered everyone in the town. Oh, and there were no females on the crosses or on the pikes, so we can safely assume all the whores were drug off to be slaves. And then there's Vulpes Incata, saying "All crimes are unforgivable, if you can't take it, do something and we'll kill you blah blah blah." So I punched his motherfucking head clean off with a power fist.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Off to see Nick Kroll and Friends!

Expecting any bottle service?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Comedy Central is dumb for not having clips on Youtube.

Yeah, I really don't get the whole intellectual property argument with stuff that's not more than clips.

It's not like a significant portion of cable customers are going to cancel their cable because they can see a two-minute clip of something on YouTube.

I friend showed me a funny clip. I wanted to show him a hilarious clip like it from Jon Benjamin Has a Van. If he saw it, he would totally check that show out. But nope. It's nowhere to be found. I also wanted to post it on the forums, to get people to check out the show. But nope.

Way to go.

It's not even on Comedy Central's website?

Maybe? I guess that their idea. That I'll go to their website. I guess I could make myself one of the 1% of people who do that instead of saying fuck it.

Oh... I thought it was generally known all the Comedy Central shows are on their website ever since the YouTube/Viacom thing.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    @ronya

Here are the points you should consider
    (1) state repression of the region fell short of physical destruction of the social system and the extended family structure; 3 (2) the clan organization provided a cultural identity that could become a basis of resistance; and (3) from the 1920s onward, clans had access to state resources that fostered their survival. More generally, the “indirect” nature of first Russian and then Soviet rule in Central Asia fostered the preservation and adaptation of clans as a form of social organization with political and economic consequences.

Yeah the Russians should have totes killed way more people then we wouldn't have this clan issue today.
    Is really what you seem to be saying here.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    so like, a couple of my coworkers might be having an affair but i don't know for sure but man they joke about it a lot and it kind of makes me uncomfortable.

also, I feel like I'm the only liberal within 20 miles of my workplace and that some of my coworkers are members of the John Birch society.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    what if the legion didn't have the slavery or extreme sexism

I don't know if it would be a much better choice even then
    I only needed to see the first town they hit, with all the crucified Powder Gangers and I was like FUUUUUUU I will kill all of them.

regarding that
    I dunno man, I fucking hated those Powder Gangers. I was okay with the complete destruction of some whore town and the mutilation/torture of a bunch of dynamite-wielding terrorists. Where I started disliking the Legion was Ranger Station Charlie(?).
    Hmm, well the Powder Gangers are pretty douchey, but they murdered everyone in the town. Oh, and there were no females on the crosses or on the pikes, so we can safely assume all the whores were drug off to be slaves. And then there's Vulpes Incata, saying "All crimes are unforgivable, if you can't take it, do something and we'll kill you blah blah blah." So I punched his motherfucking head clean off with a power fist.
    I definitely enjoyed how they
    handled vulpes as someone who was sort of important, but could be killed really early on

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I mean, I really don't understand how the response to anybody asking (politely or not) you not to spoil something is anything but "sorry, I'll be more careful".

The "well, [reason you shouldn't care that this stuff is getting spoiled]" conversation is awful. Obviously the person DOES care. Obviously the person hasn't seen that movie yet, played that game yet, read that book yet. So.....what's the point of saying "it's been out for 10 years dude"? That is completely irrelevant information. Anything other than trying not to spoil it in the future (within reasonable bounds) is a dick move. Period, end of sentence.

I mean, we have a fucking button for it, you don't even have to type the bbcode.

Everything is being spoilered now so why are you arguing about it?

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    Off to see Nick Kroll and Friends!

Expecting any bottle service?

I'm actually not sure since tonight's "and friends" is the cast of The League.

If I don't get bottle service I'm hoping to at least meet the Craft Service Coordinator of the event.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote:
    so like, a couple of my coworkers might be having an affair but i don't know for sure but man they joke about it a lot and it kind of makes me uncomfortable.

also, I feel like I'm the only liberal within 20 miles of my workplace and that some of my coworkers are members of the John Birch society.

You should join the John Howard society just so you can call yourself a john too. Also you get the most adorable letters.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    TNC you are an amazing comedian

I am impressed, sir

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Hrm

Hrrrrrm

Do I play Spice Marine or do I make maps for a MapTools rpg

Indecision!

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    @ronya

(1) state repression of the region fell short of physical destruction of the social system and the extended family structure; 3 (2) the clan organization provided a cultural identity that could become a basis of resistance; and (3) from the 1920s onward, clans had access to state resources that fostered their survival. More generally, the “indirect” nature of first Russian and then Soviet rule in Central Asia fostered the preservation and adaptation of clans as a form of social organization with political and economic consequences.

Yeah the Russians should have totes killed way more people then we wouldn't have this clan issue today.

I just want to know if they have cool emblems and Clan Chiefs.

Oh, also if they have mechs. Mechwarrior taught me clans have mechs.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Just got home after spending the evening getting trashed with my boss.

It has been a strange day.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    @vh i am on my laptop and i didnt think to log in, i have to do it manually since i have 1 steam account and 2 computers

@rivs i thought it was not a trailer for a movie but like a secret easter egg that isnt publicized beforehand? In any case, let us end this discussion (since the forams are about to go down) by allowing me to praise your rugrats reference. It was p totez adorbs.

sig.gif
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Hrm

Hrrrrrm

Do I play Spice Marine or do I make maps for a MapTools rpg

Indecision!

now you see why space marines are ambidextrous

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I mean, I really don't understand how the response to anybody asking (politely or not) you not to spoil something is anything but "sorry, I'll be more careful".

The "well, [reason you shouldn't care that this stuff is getting spoiled]" conversation is awful. Obviously the person DOES care. Obviously the person hasn't seen that movie yet, played that game yet, read that book yet. So.....what's the point of saying "it's been out for 10 years dude"? That is completely irrelevant information. Anything other than trying not to spoil it in the future (within reasonable bounds) is a dick move. Period, end of sentence.

I mean, we have a fucking button for it, you don't even have to type the bbcode.

Probably because some people act like they're being crucified or held down and made to watch their family die. It's incredible the victim complex that surrounds pressing that button.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    @vh i think my gmail is still publicly available in my profile

sig.gif
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote:

step 1: remove bag
    step 2: take shower
    step 3: now not trashed!

(unless you want to be a trashy, sexy person, in which case reverse steps and step 0 is go find someone to love)

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Kagera wrote:
    @ronya

What I'm showing here is that the failed to break the system that was there before they came and it is continuing to last after the soviets broke up and will continue to last until the world ends.

Probably not last until the world ends, since that's up to a few hundred billion years from now depending on your definition of 'world ending'.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    My bio dad is a delivery driver. There are some areas- even a mile away- where they won't deliver. Granted, the 'call back later to tell you bit' is a dick move. At my dad's place all the phone people know what areas are ok and will say sorry, no, you'll have to pick that up. And if they can't we have a list of places in their area.

But my dad (and the other drivers) don't feel safe in those areas. The owner, my dad's longtime boss, respects and cares for his employees; despite the loss in business he agrees for those areas to be off limits.

I don't really see why everyone should man the fuck up to make sure you get your pizza. That's juvenile.

I'm not talking about your dad, and the place he works at seems to have their shit together, but thats part of their buisness, to fucking deliver pizza's. If they can't do that then I'm going to bitch about it.

You could grouse about it and say 'man, I really wish I had my pizza. It fucking sucks that I don't. I guess I'll eat something else'. That's fine. But saying that people who won't get your pizza to you are being chickenshits is... well, pretty crazy.

I mean it is cowardly, but it's not like the worlds gonna stop spinning because they don't want to deliver to black people.

I imagine you didn't work management for the pizzeria you were part of, huh? If you did you'd know that no one is happy losing business. They're not refusing to deliver because the neighborhood's black. You can say 'the neighborhood's not even that bad' all you want. The chance that the drivers, the manager, and the owner all conspire to just lose a tremendous amount of money every week because they're irrationally terrified of black neighborhoods is preposterous. You're being petulant.

Cool story bro, but I reckon YOU haven't worked in the food service industry for very long. Two of my best friends in high school ended up running pizzeria's and this sort of thing was common place until they took over and said "Look this is bullshit. Go out there and do your job."

I mean you can insult me all you want, but our two situations are nothing alike. Not even a little.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    More thoughts on the Legion in NV, some big ole spoilersi n here I guess
    And even then, I understood their purpose in killing the Ranger outfit. You have to have an overwhelming display of force against extremely dangerous enemies, etc etc. I just respect the Rangers as an ideal, mostly because they are most analogous to the PC in terms of individual strength.

Of course, I still wouldn't join the Legion because slavery and a rigid vertical hierarchy are inherently combustible societal traits. They would implode before their political nucleus had taken strong root. With the death of Caesar alone (and he was in the process of dying already I think), the whole political structure and legitimacy would destabilize, perhaps fatally. A divisive, abrasive Legate would help the splintering pretty quickly too.

But in a post-apocalyptic world, maybe an ultra-reactionary regression into a primal pecking order of strong males is where you want to throw in your chips (if you were a male PC, fuuuck all that as a female), regardless of the risks.

But the game's narrative sets up the player to hate the Legion. Personally I think the Fiends, Powder Gangers, and the various other criminal gangs are just as bad. At least the Legion is exceedingly competent in what they do, right?

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Kagera wrote:
    @ronya

Internet fanfics taught me Mechwarrior Mechs are hilariously disadvantaged against actual military technology.

• Options
    no not really

usually they're easter eggs

but everyone knew that the one on the end of cap was a teaser trailer

and spoiling that
    the avengers show up in the avengers
    isn't really a spoiler

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

You're clearly doing everything right here, so why do you care what I argue about?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

You're clearly doing everything right here, so why do you care what I argue about?

If I told you then I'd be spoiling you.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote:
    Kagera wrote:
    @ronya

Internet fanfics taught me Mechwarrior Mechs are hilariously disadvantaged against actual military technology.

that's why the soviets were able to take over, duh

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    oh i didnt know that

sig.gif
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    penclic-mouse.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote:

Pretty much this for me.

We've also got an infowarrior :/

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote:
    More thoughts on the Legion in NV
    And even then, I understood their purpose in killing the Ranger outfit. You have to have an overwhelming display of force against extremely dangerous enemies, etc etc. I just respect the Rangers as an ideal, mostly because they are most analogous to the PC in terms of individual strength.

Of course, I still wouldn't join the Legion because slavery and a rigid vertical hierarchy are inherently combustible societal traits. They would implode before their political nucleus had taken strong root. With the death of Caesar alone, the whole political structure and legitimacy would destabilize, perhaps fatally. A divisive, abrasive Legate would help the splintering pretty quickly too.

But in a post-apocalyptic world, maybe an ultra-reactionary regression into a primal pecking order of strong males is where you want to throw in your chips (if you were a male PC, fuuuck all that as a female), regardless of the risks.

But the game's narrative sets up the player to hate the Legion. Personally I think the Fiends, Powder Gangers, and the various other criminal gangs are just as bad. At least the Legion is exceedingly competent in what they do, right?

I think part of that is
    making the legion more fleshed out was something that got left out to save time

like how they cut Ulysses, who was apparently intended to give the player a better pro-legion perspective, from the main game

without him, cass and raul, are like, the only companions that say even one good thing about the legion

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    BeNarwhal wrote:

step 1: remove bag
    step 2: take shower
    step 3: now not trashed!

(unless you want to be a trashy, sexy person, in which case reverse steps and step 0 is go find someone to love)

I believe I shall follow the reverse advice!

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    so what's the best place to take a winter vacation in europe where you won't freeze to death? I'm thinking Italy.

• Options
    anyway thanks pp

it was surprisingly hard to find an image of them

like why the hell was that

what fucked up world do we live in where infinite rugrats are not accessible at all times

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Dynagrip wrote:
    so what's the best place to take a winter vacation in europe where you won't freeze to death? I'm thinking Italy.

spain! south of france!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

Pretty much this for me.

We've also got an infowarrior :/

It's annoying. They say all this retarded shit that I pretty much just have to ignore. But man, they're like rabid. One was expressing major disbelief that a coworker's exhusband was a Democrat.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote:

Italy, southern Spain... yeah, pretty much the Mediterranean.

It'll be expensive as shit, though... as everyone wants to take trips to places like that in the winter.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2011
    Jokerman wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Jokerman wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    My bio dad is a delivery driver. There are some areas- even a mile away- where they won't deliver. Granted, the 'call back later to tell you bit' is a dick move. At my dad's place all the phone people know what areas are ok and will say sorry, no, you'll have to pick that up. And if they can't we have a list of places in their area.

But my dad (and the other drivers) don't feel safe in those areas. The owner, my dad's longtime boss, respects and cares for his employees; despite the loss in business he agrees for those areas to be off limits.

I don't really see why everyone should man the fuck up to make sure you get your pizza. That's juvenile.

I'm not talking about your dad, and the place he works at seems to have their shit together, but thats part of their buisness, to fucking deliver pizza's. If they can't do that then I'm going to bitch about it.

You could grouse about it and say 'man, I really wish I had my pizza. It fucking sucks that I don't. I guess I'll eat something else'. That's fine. But saying that people who won't get your pizza to you are being chickenshits is... well, pretty crazy.

I mean it is cowardly, but it's not like the worlds gonna stop spinning because they don't want to deliver to black people.

I imagine you didn't work management for the pizzeria you were part of, huh? If you did you'd know that no one is happy losing business. They're not refusing to deliver because the neighborhood's black. You can say 'the neighborhood's not even that bad' all you want. The chance that the drivers, the manager, and the owner all conspire to just lose a tremendous amount of money every week because they're irrationally terrified of black neighborhoods is preposterous. You're being petulant.

Cool story bro, but I reckon YOU haven't worked in the food service industry for very long. Two of my best friends in high school ended up running pizzeria's and this sort of thing was common place until they took over and said "Look this is bullshit. Go out there and do your job."

I mean you can insult me all you want, but our two situations are nothing alike. Not even a little.

Actually, I worked as a prep guy, an oven guy, a sandwich maker, a waiter, a front end supervisor and a store manager for various pizzerias, cafes, and restaurants in Israel and America for 7 years.

You're being entitled, for real. You getting your pizza is more important to you than these guys feeling safe. You're mocking people for being uncomfortable or afraid because they're not getting you your shitty pizza. This is ridiculous. You're even accusing them of racism so you don't feel as much like a baby as you should regarding how entitled you feel to have this pizza.

Organichu on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Now do I get McDonalds or Taco Bell?

Edit: Whatever gets you through the night, Nichu. If someone wants to be too scared to, ya know, do there job then that's there problem.

Jokerman on
This discussion has been closed.