As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

• Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    I'm really glad my password hint is one word and I can't for the life of me remember what the answer would be

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    remember when I said everyone should play on virtue

go play somewhere else so I can play on virtue

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    remember when I said everyone should play on virtue

go play somewhere else so I can play on virtue

you have wrought the bars of your own prison, my son

• Options
    I literally can't get through a loading screen

just getting to the character select screen is an ordeal

• Options
    though that might just be my internet taking a shit

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah, what. If the server is full out makes you wait I think

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Does anyone know how to get enhancement boosters to work in mids? I can't find any relevant buttons.

• Options
    I have no idea, I'm really bad at planning so mid's isn't really something I use that often

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm level eight now!

I will devote my weekend to this game probably.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how to get enhancement boosters to work in mids? I can't find any relevant buttons.

by enhancement boosters, do you mean the little salvage thing that let's you upgrade a slotted Invention Origin enhancement by +1 (up to +5)?

if so, you click on the enhancement in the power management screen, click it again to slot it into the combiner thing, and there should be some number of boosters to drag into the second slot, near the upper left hand corner, presuming you have some.

if that's not the thing you're talking about, then I got no clue.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    he's talking about mid's hero designer

it's a program that lets you plan out your power/enhancement slotting and which IOs and such you plan on using outside of the client, and gives stats and such

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I see.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    guys, what should I roll, I can never decide on a new character

also man, why did the game stop downloading at the character creator

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    so everyone is flipping out about how good StJ is

• Options
    it's rad

I wish my internet hadn't shit itself tonight so I could play around with it more

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    guys, what should I roll, I can never decide on a new character

also man, why did the game stop downloading at the character creator

Honestly, a brute or scrapper (depending if you're villain / hero) would be best. They're on the durable side and you can learn the game in a fairly straight-forward manner.

Though really, what you should roll is a hero or villain you imagine. Not just in look, but like what kinda powers and stuff would they have. Then try to make the game fit that mold.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I've played a buttload, but it was years ago, I'm just bad at making new characters

• Options
    if I decide that I'm gonna stick with it, I might try an StJ/EA brute

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    If SJ hadn't come out, I would have been dead set on MORE DAKKA because Beam Rifle is awesome and Kinetics is, as always, awesome

Alas

• Options
    maaan, I wish I could remember my old account deets, so I'd have premium at least

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    What is StJ?

• Options
    street justice

it's a melee set based on punching and kneeing people in the balls

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    What am I doing wrong in the auction house

I chuck in a number and click bid but it instantly disappears and nothing happens. Is bidding only available to some particular tier?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I got my login information!

I only get to unlock 2 of my 12 characters? Ugh.

BioBolt (33 Kin/Elec Defender) was the first I unlocked. But now I am lost. It seems I have no missions and no way of getting new missions. Help?

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    If you enter a zone level-appropriate for your character, your Nav-window should highlight the name of a detective. They can hook you up with a radio you can do missions until it hooks you up with a Contact. I think there's also a button in the Contact window that lets you see if there's any Contact in the zone you can meet up with, including the zone's detective.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    okay, did they take out the feature where you could basically just say "fuck it" and skip a mission every so often.

Because I'm having more than a little trouble with this ouroboros quest, and I'm not seeing the option. also, it won't let me abandon, so I can't just go and do something else. might be my fault for taking on 3 elite bosses at once, though.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Ouro quests are essentially task forces. I don't know if that breaks the auto complete thing, but if you wanna quit, leave the task force.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    what if I am the taskforce?

did logging out perhaps do the job?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    oh, I also recently picked up a Tip for a level 40 task force to start the incarnate thing (go get the fire of prometheus from Positron's lab, he's not using it anyway).

I'm basically terrible at putting together groups.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    what if I am the taskforce?

did logging out perhaps do the job?

well, logging out did make it so I could abandon the mission, but I still couldn't talk to any other contact, so I'm basically just going to leave it until later tonight, and get some sleep. maybe try to find PA dudes to help me.

last time through, I managed to down one of the three elite bosses before going down, so I feel accomplished.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    CB6: If you were on a task force, you have to open your team or league window and click the "Quit Task Force" button. The option to abandon or finish a mission is still available. You call or visit the contact that had the mission and select the option.

Marty, when you bid on something, it will place that in your All tab and the bidding one (check the names, they are probably different). If your bid gets you the object, it will move from the bidding tab to the bought tab. Then you can collect your newfound prizes. Selling works similarly, just make sure you are putting the sell price in the right box. Selling is also total price, not price per unit if you are moving a stack of items.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I think I might reinstall this, I had a robotics MM at level 32 I think when I stopped playing last

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote:
    If you enter a zone level-appropriate for your character, your Nav-window should highlight the name of a detective. They can hook you up with a radio you can do missions until it hooks you up with a Contact. I think there's also a button in the Contact window that lets you see if there's any Contact in the zone you can meet up with, including the zone's detective.

Yeah, I am in Brickstown and my contacts tab only has Taskforce missions/PVP zone missions.

So do radio stuff until I get a contact? Got it. Thanks.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I had this game for a while but I didn't get together with the PA dudes often enough and I got bored playing solo, like I do with most MMOs.

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Some of the contacts have been offering me missions without an introduction. I just walk up to them and click, mission bubble appears. Not sure if it is intentional or a bug.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    what is this patch that I'm downloading atm?

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Okay, the only account I have access to has a bunch of lowbies with powers that are obsolete, so I've rerolled.

I'm playing a grav/kinetic controller called Anna Ward or a fire/fire scrapper called Schizophrenetic. I think my global handle is buckarooholiday.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote:
    Owenashi wrote:

Yeah, I am in Brickstown and my contacts tab only has Taskforce missions/PVP zone missions.

So do radio stuff until I get a contact? Got it. Thanks.

If you're on a taskforce you need to quit from your team tab before you can do anything else.

• Options
    something I've always been curious about

what is the endgame in this?

isn't PvP sorta a joke, and I can't imagine doing PvE for enhancements being very arresting