Options

[VtR] The Aster Courts OOC

• Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    No worries Arivia. We were all a little mia this weekend so nothing lost.

On a side note, I am very much enjoying this. This game has a ton of potential.

• Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    So I got confused between VtR and VtM on what the level 1 Protean power was. I almost made an embarrassing post. I'm pretty much done with Arkham City now so I shouldn't have any further distractions except for the usual.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    MoosehatIV wrote:
    No worries Arivia. We were all a little mia this weekend so nothing lost.

On a side note, I am very much enjoying this. This game has a ton of potential.

Why thank you, but we haven't even begun!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Derp derp this is a World of Darkness game!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Slyde, it's reasonable to assume you're carrying the box cutter listed on your sheet - and that goes for the rest of you. Walking around the Courts at night without a weapon is not recommended.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    I completely forgot about that. Rewrite on the way!

• Options
    Well, that was going to be our introductory combat. :B

That said, the next big update to move us along to the next scene will be tomorrow, since I'm working on some stuff for class right now.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    In relation to the post I just made: if anybody gets annoyed by bible verses and the like, just let me know and I will cool it.

Edit:
    And I also promise to stop posting in this thread every time I post in the IC thread. Jesus, what is wrong with me?

Suicide Slyde on
  • Options
    Oops, I guess we broke the combat. Oh well. I just can't wait until I upgrade my poison powers to the point where I go from slightly deadly to mortals to a goddamn terrorist attack on legs.

Also, Bible verses don't bother me at all. It might bother Isaac.

• Options
    In relation to the post I just made: if anybody gets annoyed by bible verses and the like, just let me know and I will cool it.

Edit:
    And I also promise to stop posting in this thread every time I post in the IC thread. Jesus, what is wrong with me?

Nothing!

@Moosehat: This isn't a railroad and you guys have your own story to tell. Nothing to be "broken," just fun to be had.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    MoosehatIV wrote:
    Oops, I guess we broke the combat. Oh well. I just can't wait until I upgrade my poison powers to the point where I go from slightly deadly to mortals to a goddamn terrorist attack on legs.

Totally cool with that, I just don't want anyone to feel like I am trying to ram religion down everyone's throat.

• Options
    MoosehatIV wrote:

Totally cool with that, I just don't want anyone to feel like I am trying to ram religion down everyone's throat.

No, no, that's the actual Lancea Sanctum's job.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options

Edit:

Nothing! It's good to talk and have fun and discuss. I do it a lot.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    GlandmineGlandmine casual nuisance Registered User regular
    Crap. Looks like I fell behind. *preps a post*

• Options
    I was going to post this when we started combat, but quite obviously that's not happening now. Which is fine! But, so you folks know what's up, here's the combat rules/variants/table rules anyway:

One-Stop Initiative I, the Storyteller, will roll Initiative for all combatants at the beginning of combat. This is simply to save time. Additionally, I “batch” enemy initiatives: unless there is a significant narrative reason otherwise, all non-player characters act on the same initiative count to save time.
    Activity If you don’t post in the next 24 hours after your turn has come up in the initiative count, I will take your action for you that round (in a smart, non-malicious way.) I understand things happen, and there’s no aspersion under this rule; rather, I just want to keep play going for the enjoyment of all.
    Combat Table After initiative has been rolled, a description of the beginning of combat will be posted. Included with it in a spoiler will be the combat table, which includes all pertinent information for all combatants.
    Combat Posting To make a post during combat, post when it is your turn during the initiative order. Any questions about the combat go in the out-of-character thread. Put the description of your actions as the body of your post, and any mechanical matters in a spoiler. At the end of the spoiler, include the next person whose turn it is. (Example: “Next Up:jdarksun” or “Next up:Arivia.”)
    Gluttony A vampire can consume a number of Vitae from a living source (not another vampire) per turn equal to his Stamina rating (and this number increases if the vampire uses Vitae to temporarily boost Stamina).
    Revivifying Feeding When a vampire feeds, it automatically heals two points of bashing damage per point of Vitae consumed, or one point of lethal damage for every two points of Vitae consumed. The vampire chooses which injuries to heal, and any leftover healing is lost. Aggravated wounds cannot be healed by feeding; they require time and Vitae as described in Vampire: The Requiem.
    (Systems for biting are on page 165 of Vampire: The Requiem and page 157 of the World of Darkness Rulebook. Yes, these variants have the effect of making it very easy for Kindred to not only kill but use mortals as walking health potions. This is fine; the danger in the Aster Courts comes from other Kindred, and not anyone who gets in their way.)

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Well, they are walking health potions to everyone else.

• Options
    keepin' things moving

Did I mention I am really having fun playing with you guys? This game is a lot of fun.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    *poke*

Did you all get lost to Batman?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I have no batmen. Not yet.

I was gonna let our resident Invictus talk for us... but I suppose Isaac is arrogant enough to speak before him.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    My character has already made his feelings known. Until he either feels like taking agreeable action or someone does something he resents enough to escalate his behavior, there's nothing for me to say here.

• Options
    Sorry, I've been working alternating shifts plus six days. I've been tired. After tomorrow I should back to a somewhat normal work schedule. I'll post in this thread if such a thing were to happen again, that way everyone will at least know.

Also, I think everyone was waiting for someone else to post first. This is probably a good thing since we've all been so active in posting, we all feel like we're dominating the discussion.

• Options
    I see what you did there.

• Options
    Sorry, I've been working alternating shifts plus six days. I've been tired. After tomorrow I should back to a somewhat normal work schedule. I'll post in this thread if such a thing were to happen again, that way everyone will at least know.

Also, I think everyone was waiting for someone else to post first. This is probably a good thing since we've all been so active in posting, we all feel like we're dominating the discussion.

That's cool! I just don't want people to get stuck/forget and then the game to die. That wouldn't be fun. : (

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    If nobody has posted by the time I get home from a party, I shall continue DOMINATING. :)

I am going to a party too. I am dressed up as Dr. Acula.

He is a vampire and a doctor.

Wow, I am dressed as a vampire posting about being a vampire in a vampire game... what have I done with my life?

• Options
    arrrivia, black bandit of the western steppes

with her six-shooters, she steals all of our vampiric...cows?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Oo, you really are putting yourself out there.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    This would be the part of the game where I wish I dropped more points in obfuscate so I could just have Isaac take a couple awkward steps back and disappear.

• Options
    Update coming later today. Too tired to do it before bed.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    LET'S WRASSLE!

• Options
    Well, you could call him out for a formal duel under the Invictus rules, or you could wait until you get outside and deal with it then. Or just step on his foot.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    A duel would be pretty sweet.

• Options
    Up to you folks to take the pins, agree, and leave the room.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Hey jdark I'm gonna have a new word for you real soon.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    No no.

But I don't want to spoil it. I want to make it a surprise.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Rolled Wits+Politics to feel out how much clout the First Estate has these days and what this request might imply about that. 3 Sux.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiDiceRoller?hash=7e203532

• Options
    Stuart plays big, but ultimately has to kneel to Cromwell like the rest of you. They are one of the three most numerous groups of Kindred in the Courts, however.

It's notable though that his main thrust is right - the White Roses are an infamous, foppish gang around where the Invictus are, and if the First Estate is tied in with them his desire to see the gang do well is quite simple.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Y'know I'm really enjoying the Colton class traitor beef that's going on, even if my character isn't.

• Options
    I can't stop reading your latest IC post, Glandmine. Your character has a way with words that is both foul and poetic.

• Options
    Haha, thanks.

• Options
    I am totally not as good at getting the accents and slang as you folks. Not at alll.

One nice thing about pbp is that splitting people up is easy. If you folks don't want to sit around while Johnny and Isaac talk, you can start looking for the Red Dogs' place - might take Streetwise (talking it out with someone), Socialize (wheedling it out of a local or Graves' assorted junkies), Politics (past knowledge), or even Survival (a map of the courts in your head.) Don't just roll it, think it through and act it out, but this gives you a framework if you want to push go a little more.

huntresssig.jpg