As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft 2] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Free Giraffe Rides!!!Free Giraffe Rides!!! Registered User regular
    s_86 wrote:
    I would like a giraffe ride.
    I have a question regarding the giraffe ride.
    Is the giraffe ride free?

It's always free! Bring your friends! Ride all night long!

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I wonder if these will be the only new units in HotS. I hope not since I think its entirely plausible that some won't make it to final release and having (say) only 1 new unit in a race would be pretty sucky for an expansion. Since I don't see the Replicant making it, the Protoss would then lose 2 and gain 2, which is annoying.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    s_86 wrote:
    I would like a giraffe ride.
    I have a question regarding the giraffe ride.
    Is the giraffe ride free?

It's always free! Bring your friends! Ride all night long!

morbidly curious...

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    redraptor wrote:
    This thread is always 20-30 times more active than our SC2 channel.

Yet the whole point of BNET 2.0 was to make it more like a social application that people could easily incorporate to their daily life. Less like a mIRC channel, more like something you can drop in and out of, less direct involvement but more overall connection.

But I have never even felt a level of involvement to the Starcraft chat that I did even in Warcraft 3, eight years after it came out.

I WOULD SAY PROJECT FAILED NO?

nah man
    me and eclipse and kambing threw down in some 3s last night. We made the team in the PA chat channel. project successful

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    On my wishlist for HotS: Floating buildings not counting for "in play" purposes.

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Just signed in to check out season 4.

Typhon Peaks, Searing Crater, and Blackwater Gulch are out; Metalopolis back in.

Uh, not sure what to veto now.

Hoz on
  • Options
    woo metalopolis, love that map

Typhon peaks I didn't have blocked. Lots of chokes to get army smashed by longer range toss/terran units, but also lots of ways to flank so I somewhat liked it.

searing crater I had blocked. F that map, so many bad experiences with that fucking column by the nat.

blackwater gulch also blocked, bad third base locations

ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote:
    They still do a better job than hydras (assuming carriers/mothership/collossi on the field).

Infestors spewing ITs do a better job than hydras.

Zerg simply doesnt have a cost-effective anti-air strat other than "make more roaches"

• Options
    Uh, apparently close spawn on Shattered Temple and Metalopolis have been removed.

I guess this is a result of the public embarrassment that was the Blizzcon SC2 tournament.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Woooo all my vetoes were removed :D

No more XNC ZvT for me

• Options
    Hoz wrote:
    Uh, apparently close spawn on Shattered Temple and Metalopolis have been removed.

I guess this is a result of the public embarrassment that was the Blizzcon SC2 tournament.

You mean Nestea's "once the positions were reveleated I had to do an all-in"?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    thank god for the map pool changes

actually i liked typhoon peaks, but aside from that, hells yeah

only really have to veto xnc now

Biosys on
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    I never thought I would see the day when Blizzard removes close spawns. Hallelujah.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote:
    I never thought I would see the day when Blizzard removes close spawns. Hallelujah.

I actually like close spawns, its the crazy assortment of terran all-ins that ruin it.

far spawns are pretty much having to wait until 8 min to attack...

• Options
    TkenTken post-CSL January 2012 Partycraft 6th Place Winner Registered User regular
    Hallelujah indeed. Though I did lose my placement match to a 2rax marine all-in on Metalopolis, which in close air positions is still surprisingly close.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, you can build the second rax in the corner and just float it to the low ground.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Terrans will always find a way to allin.

• Options
    Well I'll be vetoing Metal but at least I don't have to veto Typhon or Searing anymore :D

Think I might buy a smurf SEA account today, start fresh

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Frozenzen wrote:
    Terrans will always find a way to allin.
    There are no terran all-ins, only...
    B)
    ...early pressure.

Edit: OH SNAP! that Nydus into spines-on-the-main-plateue contain on Hero's stream! I wish i had decisionmaking/control like that ;____;

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I like to baneling terran all-ins to death. Except that marauder/helion one base shit, I hate that and died to it twice the other day, despite scouting it once and having time to prepare.

terrans be all like hey i got all these scvs in front of my marines to make a wall and i be all kaboom what scvs.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Oh shit, getting closer! Here's my placement match for s4:
    oLyJl.png

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    Kambing, that's some BS right there.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    crap, now I don't WANT to play my placement match

>.<'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    it's not a new season without

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9CALKOvAI

got placed straight back into plat as i expected

this is the first league where i think i'll have to put serious effort in to get promoted

edit: also, nice kambing

Biosys on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I am legitimately upset they put Metalopolis back into the map pool, only because I have played SO MANY GAMES there. I'm just tired of it.

Edit: Bubble bubble bubble POP bubble bubble POP POP.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote:
    psyck0 wrote:
    I wish they had just called blinding cloud or whatever the hell it is by its real name- DARK SWARM- and called the viper or whatever it is by what it really is- a DEFILER.

Except that it's Disruption Web, not Dark Swarm >.>

Huh? The description I read said that it reduced all attack ranges to range 1, meaning that you had to melee (I guess not quite, stalkers could still shoot if they were touching the unit), not that it prevented attacking completely under the cloud. That's Dark Swarm, not DWeb.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    psyck0 wrote:
    3clipse wrote:
    psyck0 wrote:
    I wish they had just called blinding cloud or whatever the hell it is by its real name- DARK SWARM- and called the viper or whatever it is by what it really is- a DEFILER.

Except that it's Disruption Web, not Dark Swarm >.>

Huh? The description I read said that it reduced all attack ranges to range 1, meaning that you had to melee (I guess not quite, stalkers could still shoot if they were touching the unit), not that it prevented attacking completely under the cloud. That's Dark Swarm, not DWeb.

dark swarm stops units under it taking damage from ranged attacks

disruption web stops units under it from attacking at all

blinding cloud stops units under it from using ranged attacks

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    and also stops units from using energy-based actions like casting spells and such

right?

You see templars coming? SMOKE EM!
    no storm

laugh

ed: get vision of toss ramp, smoke the sentry
    LING RUN BY!!!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Sceptre wrote:
    I am legitimately upset they put Metalopolis back into the map pool, only because I have played SO MANY GAMES there. I'm just tired of it.

Veto that shit and you're all set. You must have had at least one of the dropped maps vetoed before

I'm not sure how I feel about removing close spawns. It just feels like a band-aid.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    TkenTken post-CSL January 2012 Partycraft 6th Place Winner Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Kambing wrote:
    oLyJl.png

You gave away your placement match?! That takes balls man. Grats on your master league cajones.

E: Apparently cajones are drawers. I meant cojones.

Tken on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Ugggh

I am playing like absolute shit.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Well that took Blizzard long enough...(removing close spawns)...hopefully this is a forever-trend.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Close spawns are fine in BW though, what sc2 really needs is a way to make the earlygame strats for a certain race punish them instead of being win/win.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote:

I actually like close spawns, its the crazy assortment of terran all-ins that ruin it.

far spawns are pretty much having to wait until 8 min to attack...
    PantsB wrote:
    Sceptre wrote:

Veto that shit and you're all set. You must have had at least one of the dropped maps vetoed before

I'm not sure how I feel about removing close spawns. It just feels like a band-aid.

It is a bandaid because to fix it you would have to look at LoLMULES. SC2 is the game with teh superior race and the other two lesser important ones.

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Tken wrote:
    Kambing wrote:
    oLyJl.png

You gave away your placement match?! That takes balls man. Grats on your master league cajones.

This is the...3rd season I think that I've done that? I apparently got matched with a diamond person though, so it should probably be the last season I do it, too. >_<

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    Frozenzen wrote:
    Close spawns are fine in BW though, what sc2 really needs is a way to make the earlygame strats for a certain race punish them instead of being win/win.

that's my big issue with the 2rax. THERE IS LITERALLY NO DOWNSIDE. At most, you're risking a coupld of scv's and a bunker, maybe some marines.

But if its going badly, the scv's retreat, marines retreat, you cancel/salvage the bunker - you've just spent a total of 25 min screwing with someones early game. i mean, what is the punishment there? If I go <=12pool, I've sacced econ. What does terran have to sac to pull off a 2rax?

• Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    Wow the new map pool looks pretty good. Might actually be vetoing XNC this time.

(Also if anyone has a samsung 3d tv with smart hub, there's a 3D kpop video in the 3d section)

• Options
    3D KPOP???!

it's been good knowing ya'll...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Frozenzen wrote:

the thing I hate about close spawns is when I defend some early bs, I should be way ahead and I should be able to go punish someone for doing some super risky all-in bs. Except that toss has forcefields and can block ramp forever, and terran has repair on their walls so I can't go punish those races.

ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    Even if you punish terran and kill all their SCVs but one, they can still win!

I have proof!

^______^'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
This discussion has been closed.